PDA

View Full Version : Espn 3

NDSU92
03-09-2013, 10:06 PM
The Forum website is reporting that Cableone customers are now able to receive ESPN 3. Does this mean there will be more or less threads started on ESPN 3 during the season???

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/392665/group/homepage/

roadwarrior
03-09-2013, 10:10 PM
Well your thread is the 4th started to make this announcement. This was news yesterday on Bisonville, nice to see the Forum catching up.

unbison
03-09-2013, 10:33 PM
Well your thread is the 4th started to make this announcement. This was news yesterday on Bisonville, nice to see the Forum catching up.
we probably should be excited that they are only a day late
road, beers in sioux falls?

roadwarrior
03-09-2013, 11:48 PM
road, beers in sioux falls?

Of course! After driving on I-29 tomorrow, I will need one!

coldspot
03-10-2013, 12:18 AM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?18788-Random-thoughts&p=720178#post720178

welcome to 8 days ago everybody.

HerdBot
03-10-2013, 05:06 PM
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?18788-Random-thoughts&p=720178#post720178

welcome to 8 days ago everybody.

Posted in random thoughts qualifies as 8 days ago? I follow this board as closely as anyone but I never saw it either. Only a few people read every post

CaBisonFan
03-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Posted in random thoughts qualifies as 8 days ago? I follow this board as closely as anyone but I never saw it either. Only a few people read every post

Same here gabe.

Jay
03-10-2013, 06:18 PM
Random Thoughts is a great thread. You should pay closer attention. And you call yourself a Bison fan :)

CaBisonFan
03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
Random Thoughts is a great thread. You should pay closer attention. And you call yourself a Bison fan :)

Nothing against the thread...but it's random. ESPN3 is not. It's specific. Draws my attention.

coldspot
03-11-2013, 02:18 AM
Sorry I don't start a new thread every time I fart like some posters

North Side
03-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Hey guys I just farted!!

tjbison
03-11-2013, 02:32 AM
Hey guys I just farted!!

no no your doing it wrong

START A NEW THREAD

how is everyone going to find out

KSBisonFan
03-11-2013, 02:30 PM
no no your doing it wrong

START A NEW THREAD IN THE FOOTBALL FORUM REGARDLESS OF TOPIC

how is everyone going to find out

FIFY for clarity...

Herd12
03-11-2013, 04:00 PM
In all seriousness, how do you get WatchESPN to work with CableONE. When I fire it up on my phone, CableONE is not one of the options that comes up on the list of providers, and therefore I can not get this to work.

EndZoneQB
03-11-2013, 04:02 PM
In all seriousness, how do you get WatchESPN to work with CableONE. When I fire it up on my phone, CableONE is not one of the options that comes up on the list of providers, and therefore I can not get this to work.

Use the web browser and run the real thing.

KC Bison
03-18-2013, 01:15 PM
They're probably hoping that now there won't be as many complaints when they run Bison games on internet rather than putting them on ESPN, ESPN II or ESPNU.

stevdock
03-18-2013, 02:34 PM
I do wish CenturyLink and ESPN would work out some kind of deal too.

1998braves64
03-19-2013, 02:37 AM
They're probably hoping that now there won't be as many complaints when they run Bison games on internet rather than putting them on ESPN, ESPN II or ESPNU.

Anything on ESPN and ESPN 2 that starts after 12pm is generally blacked out by ESPN. So you will still have complaints about these two channels. This is the case for Midco users also. For example the NDSU-SDSU summit game was only available in Alaska/Hawaii. The FCS game was only available in MST time zones and west. Generally all the regular season football games were ESPN3 exclusives so those were available just for the record.

My opinion why even put them on ESPN3 if only people in Alaska and Hawaii are going to benefit.

onbison09
03-19-2013, 02:40 AM
Anything on ESPN and ESPN 2 that starts after 12pm is generally blacked out by ESPN. So you will still have complaints about these two channels. This is the case for Midco users also. For example the NDSU-SDSU summit game was only available in Alaska/Hawaii. The FCS game was only available in MST time zones and west. Generally all the regular season football games were ESPN3 exclusives so those were available just for the record.

My opinion why even put them on ESPN3 if only people in Alaska and Hawaii are going to benefit.

Does anyone know a work-around for Watch ESPN? (How to watch the blacked out stuff) :hide: :hide: :hide:

1998braves64
03-19-2013, 02:42 AM
Does anyone know a work-around for Watch ESPN? (How to watch the blacked out stuff) :hide: :hide: :hide:

Move to Alaska/Hawaii is the workaround! :-P. It would take some pretty deep hacking to get this workaround if you didn't want to move! :D

missingnumber7
03-19-2013, 06:07 PM
Move to Alaska/Hawaii is the workaround! :-P. It would take some pretty deep hacking to get this workaround if you didn't want to move! :DOr a military base.

Civil06
03-19-2013, 06:11 PM

I've found nothing other than getting a valid email address from someone who has cable and internet from a WatchESPN provider. If you get someone to log into it on Xbox live or an iPad app, it'll stay logged in for quite awhile.

tcbison
03-19-2013, 06:12 PM

ESPN3 has changed over the last few years because when it first came out pretty much every college game that was on ESPN and ESPN2 was also on ESPN3. I think they went to the blackout policy to prevent cord cutters from just using ESPN3 to gain ESPN content. The advantage of putting it on ESPN3 though it you can replay it anytime.

THEsocalledfan
03-19-2013, 07:46 PM
As much as it pains me to admit it, ESPN3 is a pretty nice platform, particularly if done through an Xbox. It is much, much better than just going through Go Bison for those of us out of state without access to Hoaky media, the non-high def experts.

But, I still want FSN......

tcbison
03-19-2013, 08:03 PM
As much as it pains me to admit it, ESPN3 is a pretty nice platform, particularly if done through an Xbox. It is much, much better than just going through Go Bison for those of us out of state without access to Hoaky media, the non-high def experts.

But, I still want FSN......

Amen to all of this.

1998braves64
03-20-2013, 02:11 AM
Or a military base.

I could be wrong but it would have to be outside of eastern, central, mountain time generally speaking still as the blackout cutoff is after 12pm for everyone but maybe the military connection is different? Another perk of the military?

ESPN3 is a nice platform when they use it live too. It's nice to watch the replays but if I'm not at home and don't have access to ESPN/ESPN2 TV it would be nice to be able to watch games on ESPN/ESPN2 remotely on the ESPN3/WatchESPN platform.