PDA

View Full Version : My take on the best Bison team ever

CaBisonFan
11-13-2006, 05:39 AM
Call me strange. Call me whatever you want. But here's what I think.

Every player that has sweat blood on their Bison jersey since the Mudra/Erhardt days is a member of the Bison tradition....which is one huge roster of champions. Even many of the non-champion teams were really good.

Thusly....it's all one team. There's no need to really compare them. To do so is to lessen the contributions of all of the players and coaches that are responsible for building and maintaining the Bison tradition.

SU is a feared program. It has been since the early 60s. They are the most dominant program in the history of the old DII....and now they are feared in DI-AA.

The tradition continues. It has gone through down cycles.

But baby.....is it ever back.....in a new form.

Players from the past have allowed others to live the Bison tradition. Part of the quick transition to DI-AA has to do with the great respect for the program and a 'confidence' that comes with wearing the uniform.

It's all one big team. When a coach goes out to recruit....kids listen because it is 'North Dakota State.'

And because of the 2006 edition....kids will listen even harder again.

40-17 this Saturday.....Bison go 10-1 and rank in the top 3 to end the year. This is a championship team with great character and skill.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-13-2006, 05:50 AM
SU is a feared program. *It has been since the early 60s. *They are the most dominant program in the history of the old DII....and now they are feared in DI-AA.

How about feared in 1-A? I know they aren't feared by the bowling blue bloods of the 1-A scene, but amongst lower-tier major conference schools and smaller conference schools I'd have to imagine there would be some trepidation in scheduling the Bison after their strong showing this year.

CaBisonFan
11-13-2006, 05:52 AM
SU is a feared program. *It has been since the early 60s. *They are the most dominant program in the history of the old DII....and now they are feared in DI-AA.

How about feared in 1-A? *I know they aren't feared by the bowling blue bloods of the 1-A scene, but amongst lower-tier major conference schools and smaller conference schools I'd have to imagine there would be some trepidation in scheduling the Bison after their strong showing this year.

I agree. Good addition....and absolutely correct.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-13-2006, 05:56 AM

How about feared in 1-A? *I know they aren't feared by the bowling blue bloods of the 1-A scene, but amongst lower-tier major conference schools and smaller conference schools I'd have to imagine there would be some trepidation in scheduling the Bison after their strong showing this year.

I agree. *Good addition....and absolutely correct.

Even blind squirrels like me can find a nut every once in a while.