PDA

View Full Version : Conference Tournaments

DePereBisonFan
03-08-2013, 01:58 AM
Dedicated to DI conference tournaments - primarily to track what is happening in mid major conferences.

To start off, UWGB beat UW Milwaukee in the first round of the Horizon tournament. Green Bay didn't have a fantastic season, but they did beat a ranked Marquette team and a solid Bison team this year. Both wins were at home.

Youngstown State and Illinois-Chicago also advanced in the Horizon.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2013, 02:15 AM
Morehead State lost to Tennessee State today in the OVC tournament.

DIBISON
03-08-2013, 02:20 AM
The Missouri Valley tournament is televised on Comcast Sportsnet Chicago, Directv 665.

Missouri St is leading Southern Illinois 27-19.

Hammersmith
03-08-2013, 03:29 AM
Looks like Missouri State is going to knock out SIU. 60-47 with a minute and a half left.

onbison09
03-08-2013, 03:52 AM
This coming week is one of my favorite weeks of the year.

ndsubison1
03-08-2013, 07:41 AM
Dedicated to DI conference tournaments - primarily to track what is happening in mid major conferences.

To start off, UWGB beat UW Milwaukee in the first round of the Horizon tournament. Green Bay didn't have a fantastic season, but they did beat a ranked Marquette team and a solid Bison team this year. Both wins were at home.

Youngstown State and Illinois-Chicago also advanced in the Horizon.

green bay has been hot lately and playing very well. theyve won 6 of last 9. our loss to them doesnt look as bad as it did a month ago. some experts thinks they have a shot at winning the horizon. detroit will probably end up winning it though. ray mccalum is a stud.

EndZoneQB
03-08-2013, 01:48 PM
green bay has been hot lately and playing very well. theyve won 6 of last 9. our loss to them doesnt look as bad as it did a month ago. some experts thinks they have a shot at winning the horizon. detroit will probably end up winning it though. ray mccalum is a stud.

I didn't realize McCallum was a 4* recruit until the other day. I thought maybe he was one of those coaches kids that flew under the radar and has just recently made some hay. Either way, he is fun to watch.

GradBison
03-08-2013, 05:55 PM
Caught part of the 1st half of Creighton and Drake, Drake hanging tough down 33 26 at the half with a lot of missed opportunities for it to be closer.

NDSUstudent
03-08-2013, 11:21 PM
Tennessee State vs Belmont is on ESPNU right now....TSU is up 19-12.

Both schools located in Nashville(where the tournament is at) and there are a lot of empty seats.

NDSUstudent
03-09-2013, 02:07 AM
NDSU opponent YSU lost to Wright State. Another NDSU opponent in the Horizon league tournament Green Bay is up by three with 7 minutes to go, the game is on Direct TV channel 662.

DePereBisonFan
03-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Caught part of the 1st half of Creighton and Drake, Drake hanging tough down 33 26 at the half with a lot of missed opportunities for it to be closer.

Creighton hangs on to win.

NDSUstudent
03-09-2013, 02:35 AM
Wow Green Bay beats UIC on a last second three....they advance to the Horizon League semifinals to play Valpo.

NDSUstudent
03-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Florida Gulf Coast has punched its first ever ticket to the big dance and are the first team in the NCAA tournament this season.

GradBison
03-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Is the Indiana St Creighton game on TV anywhere? Thanks in advance.

Answered my own question 665 on directv.

WYOBISONMAN
03-09-2013, 07:14 PM
Creighton is a MACHINE! I look for a deep run in the Dance.

GradBison
03-09-2013, 07:47 PM
Creighton is a MACHINE! I look for a deep run in the Dance.

Man! They look totally different than yesterday vs Drake. They're absolutely mauling the trees.

ndsubison1
03-10-2013, 12:06 AM
wright state knocks off detroit on buzzer beater

DePereBisonFan
03-10-2013, 01:19 AM
Green Bay only down 5 at the half to Valpo. This could get interesting...

onbison09
03-10-2013, 03:27 AM
The Belmont vs Murray State game was awesome. Belmont wins in 2OT

KSBisonFan
03-10-2013, 01:50 PM
Green Bay only down 5 at the half to Valpo. This could get interesting...

Valpo wins by 1.

DePereBisonFan
03-10-2013, 04:34 PM
Valpo wins by 1.

...on a three point shot with 1 second left. Valpo was down by 4 with like 20 seconds left in the game.

NDSUstudent
03-10-2013, 06:16 PM
Liberty locks up a spot in the dance by winning the Big South Tournament.

gotts
03-10-2013, 06:45 PM
CAA semis on NBCSN right now. #4 seed George Mason leading #1 seed Northeastern 31-7 with less than 4 minutes left in the first half.

tjbison
03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
CAA semis on NBCSN right now. #4 seed George Mason leading #1 seed Northeastern 31-7 with less than 4 minutes left in the first half.

and its a top notch production too HD, and all

KSBisonFan
03-10-2013, 09:08 PM

Northeastern comes back to win 69-67.

Liberty gets into the tourney with a 15-20 record.

MNLonghorn10
03-10-2013, 10:36 PM
JMU comes back in the final seconds and beats delaware...great finish. Love these small tournaments.

GRAFTONBISON
03-11-2013, 03:54 AM
With the upsets so far in the Sun Belt, Metro Atlantic, and America East Conferences, I think NDSU or SDSU could sneak into a 13 seed if they win the Summit Tourney. A Lafayette victory over Bucknell in the Patriot League Championship and/or a College of Charleston victory over Davidson in the Southland Championship would really help as well.

Someone other than Montana or Weber St. out of the Big Sky would help as well.

ndsubison1
03-11-2013, 07:53 AM
a wright state win over valpo could help

NorthernBison
03-11-2013, 01:05 PM
Northeastern comes back to win 69-67.

Liberty gets into the tourney with a 15-20 record.

Some moron on Mad Dog Radio was complaining about Liberty getting into the tournament. He was saying that it would be terrible if Liberty cost Kentucky a spot. Good grief. Liberty took a spot away from Charleston Southern. That's it. One of those two teams was getting in.

Liberty DID cost somebody a spot in the NIT though because Chuck South gets an autobid to the NIT.

DePereBisonFan
03-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Some moron on Mad Dog Radio was complaining about Liberty getting into the tournament. He was saying that it would be terrible if Liberty cost Kentucky a spot. Good grief. Liberty took a spot away from Charleston Southern. That's it. One of those two teams was getting in.

Liberty DID cost somebody a spot in the NIT though because Chuck South gets an autobid to the NIT.

:facepalm:

If Kentucky doesn't get in the tournament, they have nobody to blame but themselves. Congratulations to Liberty - they came through when they needed to.

KSBisonFan
03-11-2013, 02:17 PM

Manhattan could also get in the tourney with a losing record tonight if they can beat Iona in the MAAC championship. Good for Liberty getting to the tournament. All they did is win when it counted.

MNLonghorn10
03-11-2013, 03:14 PM
Yes. Poor kentucky if they get snubbed

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

GradBison
03-11-2013, 03:37 PM
5 conference championships decided tonight:

SoCon 1 Davidson vs 3 Charleston. ESPN2 6:00 CDT
Sun Belt 6 Western Kentucky vs 4 Florida International. ESPN 6:00
Colonial James Madison vs Northeastern. NBCS 6:00
West Cost Saint Mary's vs (1) Gonzaga. ESPN 8:00 CDT
And another 4-6 match up in the MAAC 6 Manhattan vs 4 Iona. ESPN2 8:00.

Gonna miss some interesting games with Summit action going on tonight.

ndsubison1
03-11-2013, 07:53 PM

lol yeah a one bid league cant take away a spot. haha.

NorthernBison
03-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Sounds like the MVC Commissioner is PISSED that some markets cut away from the end of the Title game to show the start of a B1G game. CBS had the game after purchasing it from ESPN?

He said he'd rather have it televised on Food Network if they can't guaranty the entire country gets to see the entire game.

TAILG8R
03-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Watching Western Kentucky and FIU on ESPN. NO ONE at this game, wow. I bet there is maybe a few hundred people in the stands total.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2013, 06:24 AM
JMU won the CAA tournament today, NDSU beat JMU 66-44 earlier this season.

onbison09
03-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Watching Western Kentucky and FIU on ESPN. NO ONE at this game, wow. I bet there is maybe a few hundred people in the stands total.

Welcome to the Sun Belt

TAILG8R
03-12-2013, 03:24 PM
You can see in this photo how many people were at the game. The stands are not empty because the game had finished, this is what the nation was seeing on ESPN all night. Embarrassing.

http://image.cdnllnwnl.xosnetwork.com/pics33/800/HH/HHXRNSMSIBAUNPT.20130312023221.JPG

tony
03-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Sounds like the MVC Commissioner is PISSED that some markets cut away from the end of the Title game to show the start of a B1G game. CBS had the game after purchasing it from ESPN?

He said he'd rather have it televised on Food Network if they can't guaranty the entire country gets to see the entire game.

Probably a good thing that Fox and NBC are getting into the market to force some competition.

BTW, I really liked MidCo's coverage of the tourney and their Summit-related programming. Nicely done. Heck, they're doing a spring football wrap-up too for NDSU, SDSU, UND, and USD. The only quibble I have is, holy crap, is the broadcast quality terrible on FCS-Atlantic. It wasn't even standard def... it was "streaming from gobison.com to my TV using my smartphone" def. Was the MidCo picture quality that terrible or was that Fox dialing down the bandwidth? When they did the two-minute split screen between game action and Ceola Clark sitting on the bench with a towel over his head, it was almost impossible to make out the basketball.

NDSUstudent
03-12-2013, 03:51 PM
Probably a good thing that Fox and NBC are getting into the market to force some competition.

BTW, I really liked MidCo's coverage of the tourney and their Summit-related programming. Nicely done. Heck, they're doing a spring football wrap-up too for NDSU, SDSU, UND, and USD. The only quibble I have is, holy crap, is the broadcast quality terrible on FCS-Atlantic. It wasn't even standard def... it was "streaming from gobison.com to my TV using my smartphone" def. Was the MidCo picture quality that terrible or was that Fox dialing down the bandwidth? When they did the two-minute split screen between game action and Ceola Clark sitting on the bench with a towel over his head, it was almost impossible to make out the basketball.

I don't know what FCS was doing but the picture quality on the FS-Detroit channel was much better for Sunday's games.

aces1180
03-12-2013, 03:53 PM
I don't know what FCS was doing but the picture quality on the FS-Detroit channel was much better for Sunday's games.

Ryan Perreault said that they were broadcasting it in true wide-screen format, which in turn makes it look better. He did confirm that Midco did not use HD cameras.

NDSUstudent
03-14-2013, 01:34 AM
Bucknell wins the Patriot League tournament title.

KSBisonFan
03-14-2013, 01:40 AM
Texas Tech just beat West Virginia on a last second shot. Sprint Center looks half empty with 3 TX schools and WV playing opening round. Not having Mizzou in this tourney has taken some buzz away. Welcome to realigned conferences.

JSUBison
03-14-2013, 02:07 AM
What was the Summit tournament attendance?

NorCalJack
03-14-2013, 02:44 AM

44,868 for all sessions

heckler
03-14-2013, 02:44 AM

What NorCalJack said

Total: 44,868. New league record by more than 4,000.

KSBisonFan
03-14-2013, 03:15 AM
Grambling finishes the season with a perfect record!!!! Perfect in Non-con, perfect in conference and perfect in post season......0-28.

onbison09
03-14-2013, 03:54 AM
Texas Tech just beat West Virginia on a last second shot. Sprint Center looks half empty with 3 TX schools and WV playing opening round. Not having Mizzou in this tourney has taken some buzz away. Welcome to realigned conferences.

The Texas schools are absolutely terrible. WVU sucks. That's probably a big reason why the crowd sucked. The Kansas-Oklahoma State game will be good if they play in the finals.

heckler
03-14-2013, 04:49 AM
Grambling finishes the season with a perfect record!!!! Perfect in Non-con, perfect in conference and perfect in post season......0-28.

Only one way to go next year.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
and Tubby/Minnesota are outted in round 1 in typical Minnesota sports fashion.

game tied, Minnesota has ball with 8 seconds on shot clock, 16 left in game...inbound, Hollins falling out of bounds steps out and tries throwing the ball off the defender...so either way it was going to be a turnover on Minnesota.

Brandon Paul nails a buzzer beater.

GradBison
03-14-2013, 06:15 PM
Good one going on b/w Iowa St and Oklahoma. ISU up 2 with under 2 mins to go. I hope ISU wins and get redemption for being shafted vs. Kansas.

Edit: ISU wins! The play the winner of KU TTU tomorrow.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2013, 07:12 PM
Ou loses to texas and tcu to end the season. Hope this dashes their hopes

NDSUstudent
03-14-2013, 09:22 PM
MN needs to hire Flip right now, just leave Tubby in Chicago.

EndZoneQB
03-14-2013, 09:34 PM
MN needs to hire Flip right now, just leave Tubby in Chicago.

Does Flip even want to coach anymore? Isn't he still getting paid from his last two jobs?? lol

IndyBison
03-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Unbelievable ending to Charlotte-Richmond game. For those who say you should always foul the ball when up by 3, this game is a good example of what can go wrong. Granted I doubt this will happen very often but Charlotte ended up getting 11 free throws with only 2 seconds off the clock and scored 8 points to win by 5. They are the worst 3-point shooting team in the conference and had missed every attempt in this game.

MNLonghorn10
03-14-2013, 10:54 PM
Tirico just gave NDSU a shout out for their wins over Wisconsin and Marquette on ESPN 2 haha.

NDSUstudent
03-14-2013, 11:29 PM
Wow Denver falls in round 1 of the WAC tournament to Texas State.

onbison09
03-14-2013, 11:42 PM
Wow Denver falls in round 1 of the WAC tournament to Texas State.

There goes another NIT bid?

NDSUstudent
03-14-2013, 11:43 PM
There goes another NIT bid?

I think La Tech is the #1 seed in the WAC, might cost Denver an NIT spot though. That was a bad loss, Texas State has an RPI over 280.

silkamilkamonico
03-15-2013, 12:12 AM
Team Miles is hanging tough against Purdon't. Would be a hell of a win, and a great season for them considering.

HoopsBison
03-15-2013, 12:33 AM
Congrats to Coach Miles and his team, hes gotten so much out of that group its unbelievable. Timmy's got big things ahead of him at Nebraska.

MNLonghorn10
03-15-2013, 12:43 AM
did anyone just see the end of this Xavier/St Joes game on NBCSN?

X is down 58-57...inbounding with 1.4 seconds left, the guy full court heaves it, it goes off the backboard, X guy gets the deflection and blows the wide open lay up.

Its actually a pretty genius play if you get an old QB who can hit the backboard consistently.

HoopsBison
03-15-2013, 12:55 AM
Tim Miles with some classic's in tonights the press conference:

“We were picked dead last by everybody but my mom.”

“I’m just happy I poured my drink in this Big 10 cup and didn’t miss it like we did free throws.”

NDSUstudent
03-15-2013, 01:17 AM
UND won their first Big Sky tournament game over SUU.

NorthernBison
03-15-2013, 02:28 AM
If I was the Big East Commissioner, Notre Dame would be disqualified for those uniforms. Send them home.

NDSUstudent
03-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Wow ORU is one and done in the Southland tournament.

Also the #1 seed in the WAC La Tech is down 8 to UTSA...looks like another upset is brewing in that tournament.

acf2
03-15-2013, 02:45 AM
If I was the Big East Commissioner, Notre Dame would be disqualified for those uniforms. Send them home.
I'm a huge ND fan but those unis are so awful.

acf2
03-15-2013, 02:46 AM
did anyone just see the end of this Xavier/St Joes game on NBCSN?

X is down 58-57...inbounding with 1.4 seconds left, the guy full court heaves it, it goes off the backboard, X guy gets the deflection and blows the wide open lay up.

Its actually a pretty genius play if you get an old QB who can hit the backboard consistently.

What a bomb. Its to bad they couldn't finish it.

NDSUstudent
03-15-2013, 03:03 AM
And La Tech loses to a terrible UTSA team....they are in the NIT since they are the #1 seed in the WAC but their RPI is 54 so it isn't like they were some team with zero shot of making it....they were in regardless.

td577
03-15-2013, 03:35 AM
Tim Miles with some classic's in tonights the press conference:

“We were picked dead last by everybody but my mom.”

“I’m just happy I poured my drink in this Big 10 cup and didn’t miss it like we did free throws.”

I had Miles pegged as a big time coach some day when he was at Mayville State. Every place he has been he not only gets a team moving in the right direction, he leaves them in exponentially better shape from where he finds them. We should have pulled a chapman and picketed his house and had a pep rally when he was courted by others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JSUBison
03-15-2013, 03:54 AM
And La Tech loses to a terrible UTSA team....they are in the NIT since they are the #1 seed in the WAC but their RPI is 54 so it isn't like they were some team with zero shot of making it....they were in regardless.

Think they may have a chance at an at large NCAA bid? I thought they were a ORV team fairly recently.

NDSUstudent
03-15-2013, 03:57 AM
Think they may have a chance at an at large NCAA bid? I thought they were a ORV team fairly recently.

They don't really have any great wins, lost to every good team they played on the road and they really couldn't afford another bad loss. I think they needed to at least get to the WAC title game to have a shot even with the weak bubble this year.

GRAFTONBISON
03-15-2013, 04:00 AM
They don't really have any great wins and they couldn't afford another bad loss. I think they needed to at least get to the WAC title game.

Not that many people care but the highest seeded MEAC team left going into the semifinals is the #5 seed. :omfg:

ndsubison1
03-15-2013, 06:02 AM
oregon starting to pull away from washington in ot. 72-65. winner moves on to play 10 seed Utah who upset 2 seed Cal

MNLonghorn10
03-15-2013, 06:17 PM
thank god for bball pretty much all of the next week to get us through this shit weather.

i can't wait for KU/ISU tonight..after the cyclones got bent over backwards by the refs(sav would contest), i hope they come out on fire and curbstomp the jayhawks.

MAYOR!

GradBison
03-15-2013, 07:47 PM
thank god for bball pretty much all of the next week to get us through this shit weather.

i can't wait for KU/ISU tonight..after the cyclones got bent over backwards by the refs(sav would contest), i hope they come out on fire and curbstomp the jayhawks.

MAYOR!

I'm hoping for the same outcome. Go Cyclones!

NorthernBison
03-16-2013, 01:32 AM
UND falls to Weber State 76-74. They lost a 12 point second half lead.

EightyfourBison
03-16-2013, 03:13 PM
UND falls to Weber State 76-74. They lost a 12 point second half lead.
You don't suppose their announcer dared call it a "choke job."

KSBisonFan
03-16-2013, 03:16 PM

Doesn't matter....YOU called it a 'choke job' so you are hereby suspended!

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2013, 04:06 PM
Good finish by UND in the season. Believe it or not, they should go into next season as the preseason #1 and a legitimate chance to get out of that conference.

NDSUstudent
03-16-2013, 05:18 PM
Exciting game on ESPN2 right now, America East championship.

acf2
03-16-2013, 06:22 PM
Good finish by UND in the season. Believe it or not, they should go into next season as the preseason #1 and a legitimate chance to get out of that conference.
Wouldn't that be something if both UND and NDSU got into the dance. Two teams from ND.

ndsubison1
03-16-2013, 06:25 PM
memphis over southern miss. southern miss likely headed to the NIT

ISXBISON
03-16-2013, 06:49 PM

McFeely did on Facebook and twitter

NorthernBison
03-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Hoosiers just went on a 9-0 run to tie the Badgers after a timeout. Amazing how that turned around.

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 07:34 PM
i dont even know what game to watch next. I know the dreaded post NCAA sports offseason is coming up.

silkamilkamonico
03-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Wisconsin. Bo Ryan's the best coach in College basketball to not have won the championship.

NorthernBison
03-16-2013, 07:55 PM
Wisconsin. Bo Ryan's the best coach in College basketball to not have won the championship.

I can't remember the exact stats but I saw on one of the broadcasts that Indiana hasn't beaten Wisconsin in a LONG time.

IndyBison
03-16-2013, 08:38 PM
I can't remember the exact stats but I saw on one of the broadcasts that Indiana hasn't beaten Wisconsin in a LONG time.

12 straight losses...probably 5-6 years

NDSUstudent
03-16-2013, 09:05 PM
One of my favorite conference title games is coming up, a MAC battle featuring Akron and Ohio. Seems like the MAC title games are always fun to watch.

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 10:56 PM
has he ever been to the final four?

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 10:57 PM
I would say thanks to the 4 other basketball games I can watch other than this Kstate, KU abortion.

HandoEX
03-16-2013, 11:04 PM

They not teach reading in Moorhead or what?

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 11:22 PM
They not teach reading in Moorhead or what?

wow. No shit. a team makes a final four, that coach is still remembered for that appearance even if they dont win it all. you are a football only fan. whatre you doing talking bball?

HandoEX
03-16-2013, 11:28 PM
wow. No shit. a team makes a final four, that coach is still remembered for that appearance even if they dont win it all. you are a football only fan. whatre you doing talking bball?
They not teach people to post what you're posting about in Moorhead or what?

MNLonghorn10
03-16-2013, 11:29 PM
football only. go shine bohl's head!

NorthernBison
03-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Much confusion on Bisonville today.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2013, 12:26 AM
Wow Akron is beating Ohio like a drum right now. Looks like another Bison opponent will be dancing.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Akron wins...they join JMU and SDSU as Bison opponents that have punched their ticket to the dance. Indiana and Minnesota will obviously join them tomorrow as at-large teams.

MontBison
03-17-2013, 03:26 AM
Anyone watching the PAC12 championship? Bill Walton sounds loaded

roadwarrior
03-17-2013, 03:27 AM
Anyone watching the PAC12 championship? Bill Walton sounds loaded

You almost have to be loaded to watch Oregon with those uniforms!

MontBison
03-17-2013, 03:44 AM
You almost have to be loaded to watch Oregon with those uniforms!

There better than the trash ND was wearing

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 04:03 AM

Rick Barnes reaching the final 4 automatically renders that stat worthless.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2013, 04:07 AM
Tubby Smith has a national championship...nobody would take him over Bo Ryan.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 04:18 AM
lets be real here..tubby won with Pitinos recruits.

Barnes is horrible. but Bo Ryan is getting overrated a little bit here.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 04:56 AM
Who are coaches you would take before Bo Ryan who have not won the national championship?

MontBison
03-17-2013, 05:03 AM
Who are coaches you would take before Bo Ryan who have not won the national championship?

Ill start at the bottom. Shaka Smart

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 05:08 AM
Shaka Smart hasn't even recruited his own team yet.

onbison09
03-17-2013, 05:50 AM
Rick Barnes reaching the final 4 automatically renders that stat worthless.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++

I lost all respect for Barnes when he said that you don't design an offense around Kevin Durrant. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok.

MontBison
03-17-2013, 05:53 AM
Shaka Smart hasn't even recruited his own team yet.

So because he didnt recruit all 13 of his players you wouldn't take him over Bo? How many final fours do each have?

EndZoneQB
03-17-2013, 05:55 AM
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++

I lost all respect for Barnes when he said that you don't design an offense around Kevin Durrant. Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok.

...NO ONE is trumpeting Rick Barnes here or elsewhere...

SlickVic
03-17-2013, 06:03 AM

bill self...lol i always loved that one

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 03:15 PM

Bradley Stevens
Mark Few
Shaka Smart
Tim Miles
Fred Hoiberg
Buzz Williams
Thad Matta
I like Josh Pastner
maybe John Thompson although hes kind of the same as Bo
that's just the top of my head.

Bo is 65 and one elite eight and plays a boring style of bball thatll never win a natty. THe ones i listed above are younger and just as accomplished as Bo but actually have a chance at carrying their team far

MontBison
03-17-2013, 03:27 PM
Tom Crean?

td577
03-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Vcu is my at-large favorite team simply because I love the style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Tom crean yes.

ndsubison1
03-17-2013, 03:43 PM
Bradley Stevens
Mark Few
Shaka Smart
Tim Miles
Fred Hoiberg
Buzz Williams
Thad Matta
I like Josh Pastner
maybe John Thompson although hes kind of the same as Bo
that's just the top of my head.

Bo is 65 and one elite eight and plays a boring style of bball thatll never win a natty. THe ones i listed above are younger and just as accomplished as Bo but actually have a chance at carrying their team far

Tim izzo likes to play that style... I would take Bo Ryan over all of those coaches. Thad Matta couldn't win a title with Greg Oden and Mike Conley, yet you're giving Bo Ryan crap when he overachieves every year with guys that aren't highly recruited

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 03:50 PM
So bo ryan has proven he'll never win a national championship but you'd still take him over a plethora of young coaches I just listed who all have higher chances of winning than Bo?

Yea, and Florida was loaded that year when Oden and Connely were there. God forbid losing to 4 lottery picks who just won it all the year before.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Smart's a fine young coach, but he took over an already ranked mid major program and was asked don't screw it up.

Bradley Stevens is the only one on that list that even has an argument, but then again, he beats up on low level teams most of the year, ala Saul Phillips at NDSU. I guess his tournament success is a separation certainly. He also missed the tournament completely last year, and couldn't even qualify for the NIT.

Love Tim Miles, but he has been beaten up badly in the Big 10, where Ryan has succeeded. Completely subjective argument.

Fred Hoiberg? Buzz WIlliams? Mark Few? John Thompson? And your argument against Bo is lack of tournament success? That knocks these guys right off the list. Before Bo Ryan. I really find it crazy that you put Mark Few on the list, as everyone who watches March knows Gonzaga underachieves in every tournament, every year.

Josh Pastner and Shaka Smart both took over programs that were already established at their level, and was basically asked to not screw it up. They don't even have their full recruiting teams yet. Mark Few also took over an already established program, but considering he's been there longer than 3 years, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt in sustaining a program.

Thad Matta would maybe be the closest subjective coach, but considering he coaches at Ohio State which recruits himself, has the choice of any top 50 athletes, and has not won a championship yet, makes me think less of him.
You're last sentence completely threw me off, when you said your opinion based on the teams playing style. I was talking about an objective look at coaches who have been established and have not won a championship.

Other than Thad Matta who has had better tournament success (although he has missed the NCAA tournament and Ryan never has), Ryan has a better tournament resume than everyone you have listed.

I disagree and think Ryan's the best coach in college basketball to not have won, but to each his own.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 03:53 PM
Tom Crean? Dude can't even beat Bo Ryan. He also completely underachieved this year with Ohio State. March madness though.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 03:54 PM
So bo ryan has proven he'll never win a national championship but you'd still take him over a plethora of young coaches I just listed who all have higher chances of winning than Bo?

Yea, and Florida was loaded that year when Oden and Connely were there. God forbid losing to 4 lottery picks who just won it all the year before.

Florida was coached up. They didn't even have a blue chip player, or a top 75 recruit. None of those guys on that team were top recruits, or anywhere close to the level of Ohio State's players coming into college. That just means how much of a better coach Donovon is then Matta.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Tom Crean? Dude can't even beat Bo Ryan. He also completely underachieved this year with Ohio State. March madness though.
true, Ryan seems to have his # for some reason

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 03:58 PM
Florida was coached up. They didn't even have a blue chip player, or a top 75 recruit. None of those guys on that team were top recruits, or anywhere close to the level of Ohio State's players coming into college. That just means how much of a better coach Donovon is then Matta.
yea donovan is one of the best and Florida is definitely still lucky to have him.

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2013, 04:17 PM
If Texas fires Barnes, who do you want replacing him?

I would think Smart and Brad Stevens would be right up there.

Those would be my top 2 candidates to replace Self.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 04:21 PM
theyre not firing him. In fact, the AD, whos as incompetent as Barnes and Brown, has said he's praised Barnes with his work with such young players.

MontBison
03-17-2013, 06:27 PM

Marquette?

KSBisonFan
03-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Late game scoring drought dooms Wisconsin. Looked all too familiar.

NorthernBison
03-17-2013, 09:29 PM
Late game scoring drought dooms Wisconsin. Looked all too familiar.

Plenty of bad offense in every game I watched.

Carolina was down 3 with about 3 minutes left and made a good stop on defense. Their response? Dribble and pass around the arc and fail to even get a shot off. Just horrible.

NDSUstudent
03-17-2013, 09:30 PM
They need to trim at least five seconds off the shot clock, that won't solve the problem but it is a start in the right direction.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 09:39 PM
that wisconsin/ohio state was dreadful. the Miami/UNC game was fun.

344Johnson
03-17-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes. Poor kentucky if they get snubbed

They'd just go get their teeth kicked in anyways.

MNLonghorn10
03-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Trey Burke vs Wolters is gonna be awesome

ndsubison1
03-17-2013, 11:21 PM
tough draw for sdsu. playing michigan in a virtual home game in auburn hills

EndZoneQB
03-18-2013, 12:47 AM
tough draw for sdsu. playing michigan in a virtual home game in auburn hills

Always seems like the Summit gets the toughest draws. Keith Benson taking on Tristan Thompson 2 years ago was like the worst draw for OU possible. Kansas with Aldrich with us was awful as well. Whatever I guess.

MNLonghorn10
03-18-2013, 12:49 AM
Burke vs Wolters will be fun.

I think SDSU can make a game out of it like they did vs Baylor last year. Just cant get cold from 3.

DePereBisonFan
03-18-2013, 02:47 AM
If Wolters can keep dishing out assists like he did against us, to keep Michigan honest, I think SDSU has a chance. And then to play the winner of VCU/Akron for a birth to the sweet 16? I think there's a decent possibility of shocking the basketball world.

onbison09
03-18-2013, 02:59 AM
They need to trim at least five seconds off the shot clock, that won't solve the problem but it is a start in the right direction.

Move it to 24. Why not?

HoopsBison
03-18-2013, 03:08 AM
Sucks for SDSU, I dont think they have a chance against Michigan at a virtually a home game for Michigan. Burke vs Wolters will be awesome but SDSU wont be able to stop both hardaway and burke.

ndsubison1
03-18-2013, 07:08 AM
Move it to 24. Why not?

i would lie to see it at 30. i think 24 would be a bit too much and i think it would much some teams at a big disadvantage against top teams if it were at 24