PDA

View Full Version : Waiting List?

tony
03-06-2013, 06:31 PM
The TM sections aren't being expanded. Demand will exceed supply. Does that mean a waiting list? If so, how many tickets will be represented in the waiting list?

BTW, if you want a new stadium or an extremely expensive upgrade to the FargoDome, the only hope is that the number of people wanting tickets gets so big that the people of Fargo (or West Fargo) demand more seats. A couple years of 10000+ ticket waiting lists might just tip the scales... of course, that seems like a ridiculous number.

56BISON73
03-06-2013, 06:36 PM
The TM sections aren't being expanded. Demand will exceed supply. Does that mean a waiting list? If so, how many tickets will be represented in the waiting list?

BTW, if you want a new stadium or an extremely expensive upgrade to the FargoDome, the only hope is that the number of people wanting tickets gets so big that the people of Fargo (or West Fargo) demand more seats. A couple years of 10000-ticket waiting lists might just tip the balance.

That just might get the ball rolling. But they need to see a demand over time to show they arent going away.

344Johnson
03-06-2013, 06:44 PM
[/B]

That just might get the ball rolling. But they need to see a demand over time to show they arent going away.

Yep. Demand through the 9-2 seasons, the 8-3 seasons, and God forbid, a 7-4 season. Yuck.

tony
03-06-2013, 07:03 PM
For reference: about 15 months ago, I posted this poll so people could guess about season ticket sales: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26415-How-many-season-tickets-will-be-sold-by-next-August

In 2010, NDSU sold about 9100 season tickets coming off the hosery in Cheyney
In 2011, NDSU had sold 9300 season tickets by the beginning of August.
In 2012, I didn't think that getting to 10,600 was realistic even with a National Championship... turned out that 12,500 were sold

It just goes to show how quickly things can turn around. The nice thing about such high demand is that people aren't going to say, "Well, I won't get tickets next year because we went 6-5 this year" because they'd then risk getting put way back in the waiting list.

Also, from Hammersmith's post in that old thread:

6929 - TM reserved
2152 - Non-TM reserved sideline
2079 - Non-TM reserved end zone
11160 - Total reserved

2584 - General admission
13744 - Maximum season tickets

506 - Visitor section
288 - Suites
14538 - Total seats available for sale

400 - Approximate SRO tickets
14938 - Approximate max ticket sales

3913 - Student tickets
18451 - Max capacity w/o SRO
18851 - Max capacity w/ approx SRO

No handicap or press seats included

^ Probably needs some adjusting now.

Hammersmith
03-06-2013, 07:08 PM
For reference: about 15 months ago, I posted this poll so people could guess about season ticket sales: http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26415-How-many-season-tickets-will-be-sold-by-next-August

In 2010, NDSU sold about 9100 season tickets coming off the hosery in Cheyney
In 2011, NDSU had sold 9300 season tickets by the beginning of August.
In 2012, I didn't think that getting to 10,600 was realistic even with a National Championship... turned out that 12,500 were sold

It just goes to show how quickly things can turn around. The nice thing about such high demand is that people aren't going to say, "Well, I won't get tickets next year because we went 6-5 this year" because they'd then risk getting put way back in the waiting list.

Also, from Hammersmith's post in the same old poll:

6929 - TM reserved
2152 - Non-TM reserved sideline
2079 - Non-TM reserved end zone
11160 - Total reserved

2584 - General admission
13744 - Maximum season tickets

506 - Visitor section
288 - Suites
14538 - Total seats available for sale

400 - Approximate SRO tickets
14938 - Approximate max ticket sales

3913 - Student tickets
18451 - Max capacity w/o SRO
18851 - Max capacity w/ approx SRO

No handicap or press seats included

^ Probably needs some adjusting now.
As road posted before, my visitor seating section is off. I made a blanket assumption that the entire section was set aside for visitors until their tickets were returned. Obviously, it makes more sense that NDSU only sets aside 200 tickets or so(maybe less) and the rest are available to the general public. Don't know if they're sold as season tickets or single game only.

Also, those numbers came before the end zone reserved boundary moved up a bunch of rows. There are now fewer GA and more end zone reserved.

tony
03-06-2013, 07:13 PM
As road posted before, my visitor seating section is off. I made a blanket assumption that the entire section was set aside for visitors until their tickets were returned. Obviously, it makes more sense that NDSU only sets aside 200 tickets or so(maybe less) and the rest are available to the general public. Don't know if they're sold as season tickets or single game only.

Maybe general admission and visitor seats could be lumped together? The breakdown is great as a reference. Looking at it, it's pretty easy to see that NDSU is almost maxed out for season tickets.

BisonTeacher
03-06-2013, 07:15 PM
Well I know its not zero. I am on the waiting list. so its at least 1.

Bison Dan
03-06-2013, 07:22 PM
One thing that might add some seats would be if the new addition get added. A large large screen could be setup with floor seating for viewing. Prices would be less but maybe serve "beer" as a kicker. Could add as many as 10,000 seats.

HerdBot
03-07-2013, 02:21 AM
One thing that might add some seats would be if the new addition get added. A large large screen could be setup with floor seating for viewing. Prices would be less but maybe serve "beer" as a kicker. Could add as many as 10,000 seats.

What? 10,000? What next counting internet viewers?
Although I DO agree that the addition is a one time opportunity to add seats. I was thinking 500-1000 , not 10,000

HerdBot
03-07-2013, 02:30 AM

BTW, if you want a new stadium or an extremely expensive upgrade to the FargoDome, the only hope is that the number of people wanting tickets gets so big that the people of Fargo (or West Fargo) demand more seats. A couple years of 10000+ ticket waiting lists might just tip the scales... of course, that seems like a ridiculous number.

I think that is a big mistake. Turning down teammakers and not raising the price even a little defies logic. I mean how can we be convinced teammakers and the athletic department need our money when they are "capped out" I thought we didn't even have enough money to cover all the scholarships much less the entire athletic department or an extra million per year we would need if we were to go MVC. Is this the highest? Are we done? Wtf

The only thing I can think of is they are trying to round up the last 2 million for the shac.

BadlandsBison
03-07-2013, 04:55 AM
Over 9 THOUSAND

reformedUNDfan
03-07-2013, 05:20 AM
i seem to recall a large number of people being turned away last year

56BISON73
03-07-2013, 01:15 PM
I think that is a big mistake. Turning down teammakers and not raising the price even a little defies logic. I mean how can we be convinced teammakers and the athletic department need our money when they are "capped out" I thought we didn't even have enough money to cover all the scholarships much less the entire athletic department or an extra million per year we would need if we were to go MVC. Is this the highest? Are we done? Wtf

The only thing I can think of is they are trying to round up the last 2 million for the shac.

Capped out doesnt mean they dont need the money. Plus Iam pretty sure they arent turning anyone away who wants to join TM.

MNLonghorn10
03-07-2013, 01:17 PM
Lakes said over 15000 went to the game in Frisco..and NDSU still brought down 25000-30000 people.

plus theres 30,000 tailgating every week. so yes, the waiting list is about 25-30,000 people.

Elvis was a Bison
03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
When it comes to numbers, Lakes = Obama. No Child Left Behind math skills tutoring needed.

TransAmBison
03-07-2013, 03:51 PM
I've seen Lakes out counting. Poor guy misses out on a lot of tailgating, but he is determined to have exact counts when he posts on his internet.

IndyBison
03-07-2013, 04:25 PM

It's not apples to apples but in 2012 the Colts had a wait list of 25k for season tickets. And this was after a 10-6 season after 7 straight 12+ win seasons. Then they go 2-14 and cut Peyton Manning and not only does the wait list disappear but there are 5k individual game tickets available for each game. I'm guessing the wait list may return this year after a surprising season. Fans really can be fickle.

SDbison
03-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Funny thing......I was ripped apart by most of Bisonville last year for even suggesting NDSU track the sesaon ticket waiting list to help justify whatever future expansion is required at the dome, or in a new stadium. This can be trended, even through slightly down years (really think from now on a below .500 season in FCS won't happen to the Bison but once in 20 years) and even after 3 or 4 years the need to get plans started for expanded seating will be evident. Also, I really think an occasional 3 or 4 loss season won't affect ticket demand much anymore.....too much momentum and Bison football is king in Fargo and the state of ND (too bad Suzies)! One thing that could lower demand would be banning of alcohol in the tailgate lot or other actions restricting tailgating. Just sayin!

cbline
03-07-2013, 05:57 PM
When it comes to numbers, Lakes = Obama. No Child Left Behind math skills tutoring needed.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but No Child Left Behind came out in 2001 with George W. in the White House and Republican majorities in both the House and Senate.

tony
03-07-2013, 06:06 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble, but No Child Left Behind came out in 2001 with George W. in the White House and Republican majorities in both the House and Senate.

Ah, partisan politics. C'mon, fellas, keep it off the board.

BisonTeacher
03-07-2013, 06:10 PM
Ah, partisan politics. C'mon, fellas, keep it off the board.

Tony,
In his defense cbline was just correcting a statement made previously. I agree about keeping politics off the board though.

Elvis was a Bison
03-07-2013, 08:35 PM
Tony,
In his defense cbline was just correcting a statement made previously. I agree about keeping politics off the board though.

If your teachers college was any good, you would see that it actually is 2 separate statements because they are divided by a period. Statement 1.... Lakes counts like Obama. Statement 2... No Child Left Behind provided math tutoring for people who needed help counting. Which one needed correcting?

reformedUNDfan
03-07-2013, 08:39 PM
knock it off.

TransAmBison
03-07-2013, 08:44 PM
knock it off.Getting kind of liberal with your lack of capital letters, aren't we? Or would that be a more of a conservative effort to save capitals? :D

Tatanka
03-07-2013, 08:54 PM
This should end well.

TransAmBison
03-07-2013, 09:06 PM
This should end well.twss.............

90BISON
03-07-2013, 09:37 PM
twss.............

In that case, shouldn't it have been, "This should end quickly"? :biggrin:

TransAmBison
03-07-2013, 09:39 PM
In that case, shouldn't it have been, "This should end quickly"? :biggrin:She wasn't talking to you. :D

BisonTeacher
03-07-2013, 10:13 PM
If your teachers college was any good, you would see that it actually is 2 separate statements because they are divided by a period. Statement 1.... Lakes counts like Obama. Statement 2... No Child Left Behind provided math tutoring for people who needed help counting. Which one needed correcting?

No need to get so upset because of your "period".

Besides. I don't teach....I shape minds.

Elvis was a Bison
03-07-2013, 10:30 PM
No need to get so upset because of your "period".

Besides. I don't teach....I shape minds.Yeah, you and Timothy Leary. Real mindbenders. My hope is that you'll actually have an answer to my question in your next post, but I'm getting the vibe that I'm embarking on a battle of wits with an unarmed man.:rofl:

BisonTeacher
03-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Ok ill play. Just because you used a period doesnt change a thing. Yes they were two seperate statements but because of their proximity it may lead people to think you were implying nclb was obamas deal. As I did and one other person as well. Its ok. Youve clarified. No need to get your undies in a bunch. Im sorry i read your post incorrectly.

BisonNation11
03-07-2013, 10:42 PM
Ok ill play. Just because you used a period doesnt change a thing. Yes they were two seperate statements but because of their proximity it may lead people to think you were implying nclb was obamas deal. As I did and one other person as well. Its ok. Youve clarified. No need to get your undies in a bunch. Im sorry i read your post incorrectly.

buttinterpretation

bisonaudit
03-08-2013, 02:13 PM
It's not apples to apples but in 2012 the Colts had a wait list of 25k for season tickets. And this was after a 10-6 season after 7 straight 12+ win seasons. Then they go 2-14 and cut Peyton Manning and not only does the wait list disappear but there are 5k individual game tickets available for each game. I'm guessing the wait list may return this year after a surprising season. Fans really can be fickle.

They also don't come back right away when you start having success again. The Redskins who were bragging about their 80,000 person wait list 5 years ago (a wait list you had to pay for the privilege of staying on.) Are now soliciting via direct mail for immediately available season ticket packages despite reducing stadium capacity twice in the last three seasons and RGIII.