PDA

View Full Version : 2013-14 FCS Title Game

THEsocalledfan
03-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Fights are booked. Who else has gotten their airline tickets? (Had to guess on the game date.......)

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2013, 08:16 PM
Fargo to dallas nonstop!

whos turn is it to drive the fc down?

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Fights are booked. Who else has gotten their airline tickets? (Had to guess on the game date.......)

Hotel is booked...hopefully it's the same weekend lol We will be in the parking lot of the hotel.

THEsocalledfan
03-05-2013, 08:30 PM
Hotel is booked...hopefully it's the same weekend lol We will be in the parking lot of the hotel.

Not sure what to do on hotel..... my flights make me stay 4 nights and probably will try to "shorten" the trip if some 25K Delta fares loosen up.....hate to tie up that many points when I likely will not need to. (I am airline miles rich, hotel point poor)

1998braves64
03-06-2013, 02:13 AM
I'm sticking with my guess that the game will be 2nd weekend (I could be wrong and haven't banked on that info yet). I went off of when the Div II/III playoffs were last year compared to what they have listed for this year (Dec 2013 vs Dec 2012) and those are also a week later. Why would they move up the BCS/FCS championships if they wouldn't move those up? Again thanksgiving is on the latest day it possibly can be this year so that may have a dramatic affect on the scheduling.

EndZoneQB
03-06-2013, 02:42 AM
I'm sticking with my guess that the game will be 2nd weekend (I could be wrong and haven't banked on that info yet). I went off of when the Div II/III playoffs were last year compared to what they have listed for this year (Dec 2013 vs Dec 2012) and those are also a week later. Why would they move up the BCS/FCS championships if they wouldn't move those up? Again thanksgiving is on the latest day it possibly can be this year so that may have a dramatic affect on the scheduling.

I hope you don't have a lot of money riding on that:

The 2014 VIZIO BCS National Championship Game is scheduled for Monday, January 6, 2014

The BCS game is the last game of the year in all of college football. We'll see you in Dallas on January 4th!

1998braves64
03-06-2013, 03:13 AM
Zilch.. if that's the case those 2 weeks in between championship game and Semi final game are going to be chaotic if they run into ticket issues again (most likely since NDSU fans will have most of the tickets whether they make it or not). I do notice that 2015 BCS is on January 12th (assuming due to the implementation of 4 team playoff). But don't believe NCAA controls the schedule of the BCS championships. Could still be that NCAA keeps the 3 week period. Until they officially announce it.. doesn't matter to me either way I have no money on either date! And no reservations either! :)

bisonfanette
06-26-2013, 04:57 AM
FCS National Chmpship Sat. Jan 4th, 2014 (Cotton Bowl Fri. Jan. 3rd) same as the past 2 years.
Just need more time for tailgating before the FCS game... which starts too early.
Direct flights from Fgo to Dallas - booked a couple of months ago :)

HerdBot
06-26-2013, 05:29 AM
I'm waiting on everything... last year I got tickets after we beat Youngstown. It was obvious we were pretty damn good. (then we followed it up with a loss to ISU and I thought I jinxed the team! :)
I'll buy tickets this year either after SDSU or UNI.. want to see how the playoff race/team looks. If we lose to KSU and split SDSU/UNI I may not feel confident and will wait until the SIU game. If we beat KSU I'll probably buy them on day 1 unless we lose a few games like Appy State did in '07 due to complacency)

Rooms are plentiful if you go Dallas and I'll drive

bisonfanette
06-26-2013, 05:53 AM
You are Wise to do it that way! We are just very quiet about our plans, & hope for the best. No matter what, it will be another great year of Bison FB!

THEsocalledfan
06-26-2013, 01:10 PM
At this point, due to schedule changes and seats opening, I have my flights at the perfect times for 25K miles each on Delta (with free redeposit of miles if needed). Also have Hilton Garden Inn booked for those two nights on points which is refundable, too.

Come on guys, the march is on!

gumby013
06-26-2013, 01:21 PM
American will have the direct flights from Fargo this year as well.

devin45k
06-26-2013, 07:18 PM
This talk is starting before the season starts.....this makes me cringe (mainly because I am superstitious about it)

Bison 4 Life
06-26-2013, 07:29 PM
This talk is starting before the season starts.....this makes me cringe (mainly because I am superstitious about it)

Superstitious gets you staying in Richardson.

westnodak93bison
06-26-2013, 09:11 PM
IMHO, you can't jinx a team by making a reservation that can be cancelled without a monetary penalty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

THEsocalledfan
06-26-2013, 09:56 PM
IMHO, you can't jinx a team by making a reservation that can be cancelled without a monetary penalty.

thank you; this man speaks the truth!!!!! Come on folks! Get those hotel rooms reserved; I certainly understand if you can't have the fun I have booking flights with no risk.

BadlandsBison
06-26-2013, 09:57 PM

Worked out pretty well last year, can't complain

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

BisonTeacher
06-27-2013, 12:55 AM
@RTO & tatemosers neighbor..is it too soon to reserve the vantastic?

BISONBRI53
06-28-2013, 08:09 PM
Room booked at the Marriot Legacy hotel.

CarringtonBison
06-29-2013, 03:05 AM
Booked mine in a celebratory etoh induced stupor the night of championship no 2 at Comfort Suites in teh parking lot!

NFH Schlüssel
10-04-2013, 06:07 PM
Well, I just bought my ticket for the last home game vs. USD on 11/23 (will be the first game attended since graduating). I’m headed over the pond for X-mas and am wondering if I should fly back on 1/2 then fly down to Frisco on Fri the 3rd, or fly direct from the Fatherland?

Any thoughts?

BisonNation11
10-04-2013, 06:09 PM
Well, I just bought my ticket for the last home game vs. USD on 11/23 (will be the first game attended since graduating). I’m headed over the pond for X-mas and am wondering if I should fly back on 1/2 then fly down to Frisco on Fri the 3rd, or fly direct from the Fatherland?

Any thoughts?

Fly direct on Thursday so you can party with us all day Friday! You're welcome in advance :biggrin:

344Johnson
10-04-2013, 06:10 PM

Any thoughts?

Depends....will the Krauts let you borrow an old ME-109 or Stuka? If so, I'd take that.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
10-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Depends....will the Krauts let you borrow an old ME-109 or Stuka? If so, I'd take that.

Go with the Stuka, then you can dive bomb the tailgate lots with, well, jagbombs.

NFH Schlüssel
10-04-2013, 06:15 PM
If I've learned nothing else from TSCF, the Messercshmitt & the Sturzkampfflugzeug don't give miles anymore!

kab1one
10-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Got game tickets and hotels, but the Thursday American direct flight from Fargo to Dallas is already close to sold out.

THEsocalledfan
10-05-2013, 02:24 PM

Any thoughts?

Well, I will speak from a miles perspective. Here is how I would do it:

1. Fly to Germany over Christmas without any stopovers, open jaws. (ie what normal people do)
2. When you return, build in a stopover in PA if you don't want to stay in Germany until the game.
3. Then continue on an open jaw to Dallas. Should be fairly easy to do with Delta or United. Not sure about American.
4. find some way to get back. (it would have to be a new ticket)

other option:

1. Fly to Germany over Christmas without any stopovers, open jaws. (ie what normal people do)
2. When you return, build in a stopover in Dallas at the time of the game. (you would need to stay in Germany until then; look into Luthansa direct flight to Dallas from frankfurt or munich using united miles)
3. Then continue on an open jaw back to PA. Should be fairly easy to do with Delta or United. Not sure about American.

If you don't have time to figure it out, there are award booking services out there.