PDA

View Full Version : K-State game moved to Friday Night

ISXBISON
03-05-2013, 07:05 PM
"The Big 12 and our television partners will soon be announcing several adjustments to the 2013 schedule including a FRIDAY night full national prime-time cable telecast of our season-opening game versus North Dakota State, now scheduled for August 30 at 7:30 p.m. CT."

http://www.kstatesports.com/blog/2013/03/letter-from-ad-john-currie---march-5.html

heckler
03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Sob..........

stevdock
03-05-2013, 07:07 PM
That really stinks for my family. Was really hoping to go on this roadtrip and making a 3 day weekend out of it. Won't be able to take Friday off to travel though so I guess we are in Fargo watching the game on TV.

Jay
03-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Awesome. Great exposure.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

goalpost
03-05-2013, 07:13 PM
hell ya!! go bison

HoopsBison
I like it!

Bison Dan
Wow - FOX wants us!

"First, it has been our strong preference to play our season-opening game in the evening to avoid the daytime heat. However, there is significant TV interest in this matchup against North Dakota State, two-time defending FCS national champion and owner of victories over KU, Minnesota and Colorado State in the past three seasons. As such, our game was to be selected by our conference television partners for an 11 a.m. or early afternoon kickoff if it remained scheduled on Saturday, August 31.

The Big 12 Conference television contracts require that we provide our partners with four Thursday night games as well as a game on the Sunday preceding Labor Day each season. FOX asked us to move our NDSU game into its national Sunday evening broadcast slot, but we felt that would negatively impact our student attendance as well as the Labor Day holiday weekend plans of our fans."

aces1180
03-05-2013, 07:16 PM
This is great! Now if I can't make it down there, I'll be able to watch with the use of a computer.

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Okk so i gotta switch up my hotel reservation...stupid.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

NDSU_grad
03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
So...are we talking FOX, as in not Fox Sports North, Atlantic, Pacific, Wisconsin, Midwest, Detroit, Arizona, Rocky Mountain, Jamaica, Hoboken, New Rochelle? If so, that is pretty flippin' awesome.

CaBisonFan
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Great exposure for the program...bad for the people with travel plans.

tcbison
So...are we talking FOX, as in not Fox Sports North, Atlantic, Pacific, Wisconsin, Midwest, Detroit, Arizona, Rocky Mountain, Jamaica, Hoboken, New Rochelle? If so, that is pretty flippin' awesome.

Dom Izzo's last tweet says #NDSU (https://twitter.com/search?q=%23NDSU) at Kansas State will be broadcasted on the brand new FOX Sports 1 at 7:30; a national TV audience for the Bison

RedRiver
It will be on the new Fox Sports 1 channel. 90 million households.

tony
Lucky I don't plan ahead.

bri-dog
03-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Fox Sports 1 press release from the Kstatesports link:

http://msn.foxsports.com/other/story/FOX-Sports-announces-FOX-Sports-1-network-030513?hq_e=el&hq_m=436239&hq_l=6&hq_v=fcbc95cfb0

Da_Bizon
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
So basically, if you get the Speed channel, you'll get Fox Sports 1. Nice!

Snowgoose
03-05-2013, 07:29 PM
This is a cool deal. So we are going to be on Fox's version of ESPN and since it doesn't start till August it will be fairly new and people will tune in just to see what the station is like.

BISONBRI53
03-05-2013, 07:32 PM
SAMS-

Now we have a TV time and date... Hooks me up somewhere!

EndZoneQB
03-05-2013, 07:35 PM
And of course, the price goes up.

Bison Dan
03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
This is a cool deal. So we are going to be on Fox's version of ESPN and since it doesn't start till August it will be fairly new and people will tune in just to see what the station is like.What's really going to be nice is a lot of FB fans will be tuning in because it will be the only primetime FB game that night. (Probably) Should have a large national audience.

BadlandsBison
03-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I luv the fbs. move it to thursday. ESPN!1!

aces1180
03-05-2013, 07:37 PM
What's really going to be nice is a lot of FB fans will be tuning in because it will be the only primetime FB game that night. (Probably) Should have a large national audience.

My guess is ESPN will have a game too...

DjKyRo
03-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Just a foreshadowing to what awaits if we jump ship to the MAC or WAC - lots of games in the middle of the week that muck up travel plans.

spelunker64
03-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Change hotel reservation, got the America's Best inn for $125 with all of it 1.5 star reviews. Go Bison

Bison 4 Life
03-05-2013, 07:42 PM
Just a foreshadowing to what awaits if we jump ship to the MAC or WAC - lots of games in the middle of the week that muck up travel plans.

It doesn't appear that anyone who wants that cares about it for some reason.

On a happier note. I'll be living only 90 min from Manhattan so it doesn't really matter when this game is played.

Bison Dan
03-05-2013, 07:43 PM
My guess is ESPN will have a game too...Yeah you're probably right but I bet KS will be the highest ranked team playing that night. Man would be great to bury them on primetime TV.

PlainsBison
03-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Looks like it is going to be an all day drunk for a number of Bison fans. Tailgating starting at 7:30 a.m.???

go_bison
03-05-2013, 08:01 PM
One other possible outcome of this change: Erin Andrews
(giggity giggity)

TAILG8R
03-05-2013, 08:05 PM
Changed hotel reservations, ready to tailgate!

EndZoneQB
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM

Our f*ckin hotel is full already for Thursday night. Stupid. Oh well, we'll stay close that night or if someone has room for 2 gentlemen, I'd probably take a floor spot for one night.

HerdBot
03-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Wow that's pretty awesome! Big time exposure. Should be a great time. I may still make the trip

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2013, 08:13 PM
Looks like it is going to be an all day drunk for a number of Bison fans. Tailgating starting at 7:30 a.m.???

Works for me.

ndsubison1
03-05-2013, 08:14 PM

friday is the middle of the week?

DjKyRo
03-05-2013, 08:15 PM
friday is the middle of the week?

No, and just look at how some people are complaining about the inconvenience.

Hansel
03-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I like it as it frees up the rest of the 3-day weekend.

MNLonghorn10
03-05-2013, 08:26 PM
No, and just look at how some people are complaining about the inconvenience.

All 3 of em

344Johnson
03-05-2013, 08:27 PM
I like it as it allows NDSU to be on national TV against a big name like K-State. People may actually tune in to check it out to see post-Klein K-State.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Our f*ckin hotel is full already for Thursday night. Stupid. Oh well, we'll stay close that night or if someone has room for 2 gentlemen, I'd probably take a floor spot for one night.

Hmm, just booked online but the lady at the place said they were full. So who knows.

56BISON73
03-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Hmm, just booked online but the lady at the place said they were full. So who knows.

Ive had that happen a few times. So wait a day. Then call the hotel and explain that you booked online and ask if they will confirm the reservation. Then you will be good to go.

EndZoneQB
03-05-2013, 09:10 PM
Ive had that happen a few times. So wait a day. Then call the hotel and explain that you booked online and ask if they will confirm the reservation. Then you will be good to go.

Yeah, exactly. My buddy who originally booked the rooms, looked online to change our reservations and it was full. So he called and she said they were overbooked and to try back. I went on like 20 mins later and there were rooms available so who knows. We're going to call and transfer mine to his...and worst case scenario we have to change rooms game day. I just want to be within walking distance of Aggieville.

BisonAccountant44
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
I just booked 2 rooms at America Best Inn Thurs-Sat for $100/night with free changes/cancellations up to Aug 28th on Expedia for anyone whose looking. It doesn't look like anything special, but it's less than 3 miles from the stadium.

I would assume the hotel won't keep rooms for very long at those prices.

BisonNeil
03-05-2013, 10:33 PM
Well, the game is already listed on my favorite college football TV schedule website. So far, they don't have any game listed for FSN1 for Thursday night. If it stays that way, NDSU could be making history and playing in the very first college football game televised by FSN1. Sweet!

http://www.lsufootball.net/tvschedule.htm

NDSUBowler
03-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Lucky me, I already booked hotel at Fairfield for Thurs night thru Sunday day. Don't have to change a thing!

Tatanka
03-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Rebooked, got a room at the Hilton Garden Inn... Ditched the Fairfield. $8/night more, much nicer property.

JustinTyem
03-05-2013, 11:13 PM
Who has a Plane,and pick my ass up in Appleton,Wi and take me to Manhattan,KS not NewYork,NY that is !!!!!!

thundarsdaddy
03-06-2013, 01:36 AM

We had a motel room for both friday and saturday nights already, thank God!

BisonFan02
03-06-2013, 01:58 AM
Didn't think I was going to be able to make it down for the original Saturday date....95% sure I won't be able to for Friday, but I will catch it on Fox.

KSBisonFan
03-06-2013, 01:51 PM
Very good possibility my kid will have a HS football game that night so this could really mess up our plans.

Bison 4 Life
03-06-2013, 01:56 PM
Very good possibility my kid will have a HS football game that night so this could really mess up our plans.

The AD said they gave in to Friday night because HS Football didn't start until the following week so you may be in the clear .

aces1180
03-06-2013, 01:57 PM
The AD said they gave in to Friday night because HS Football didn't start until the following week so you may be in the clear .

Maybe in his area...I know that HS football in ND and Minnesota starts before Labor Day.

THEsocalledfan
03-06-2013, 01:59 PM
Well, that changed everything. I am now flying to Wichita and will get to K state just at about 1 PM on Aug. 30; should be enough time to tailgate. i will return to Wichita on Aug. 31 and fly out the next day. Had to change flights, hotel, car, what a mess, but......

IT IS WORTH IT FOR NATIONAL TV!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For folks who don't know, the intent of this new Fox Channel is to take on ESPN, head to head. Article on it today in the Argus.

KSBisonFan
03-06-2013, 02:05 PM

I hope you're right but last season, HS FB here in KS started August 30th and 31st (Thursday and Friday).

EndZoneQB
03-06-2013, 02:08 PM

Priorities man...

Bison 4 Life
03-06-2013, 02:09 PM
Maybe in his area...I know that HS football in ND and Minnesota starts before Labor Day.

From the AD letter. "We were then offered the Friday night slot. We were initially concerned about negatively impacting high school football, but we confirmed that Friday, September 6, is the prep season kickoff."

aces1180
03-06-2013, 02:28 PM
From the AD letter. "We were then offered the Friday night slot. We were initially concerned about negatively impacting high school football, but we confirmed that Friday, September 6, is the prep season kickoff."

For Kansas...Once again, I don't think that is the case in ND or MN.

Bison 4 Life
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM

Yes. We were talking about Kansas though. I imagine even if that game were played on Saturday, ND/MN folks would have to miss Fri night anyway.

GradBison
03-06-2013, 02:31 PM

The guys with the HS issue is KSBisonfan. ;)

aces1180
03-06-2013, 04:09 PM
The guys with the HS issue is KSBisonfan. ;)

In this particular post, yes...In the grand scheme of Bison fans, it will affect a lot more. That was my point.

BisonNation11
03-06-2013, 04:16 PM
In this particular post, yes...In the grand scheme of Bison fans, it will affect a lot more. That was my point.

True, but honestly, how many people won't be able to make the game because they have kids playing football that night? It's unfortunate for those that do, but I'm guessing a vast majority of fans won't have that problem. Plus, by the sounds of it, tickets may be hard to come by anyway if you don't have the right connections or are willing to pay a butt load of keesh.

aces1180
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM
True, but honestly, how many people won't be able to make the game because they have kids playing football that night? It's unfortunate for those that do, but I'm guessing a vast majority of fans won't have that problem. Plus, by the sounds of it, tickets may be hard to come by anyway if you don't have the right connections or are willing to pay a butt load of keesh.

I see your point.

I'm all for the Friday night game, so I have no issues...I do understand the disappointment of those who may have conflicts however, regardless of if they planned on attending or watching on TV.

Hammersmith
03-06-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't think it's been mentioned, and it was probably assumed by most, but this game should be in HD for those of us who can't make it in person. Channel 493 for those of us stuck with Cableone.

KSBisonFan
03-06-2013, 04:27 PM
I hope NDSU steps up with some advertising during this game. Great opportunity for exposure for the university.

1998braves64
03-06-2013, 05:42 PM
I hope NDSU steps up with some advertising during this game. Great opportunity for exposure for the university.

NDSU beating K State will be advertisement enough especially on a highly touted, advertised starting of a new Fox 1 Sports. Ironically last year K-State was in the cotton bowl talked to a few fans on the way to the car rental about NDSU, they were respectful and all but little did they know they would be playing us in year and a half! I forgot to mention it to them as I believe the game was already scheduled at that point?

MankatoBison
03-06-2013, 05:47 PM
It doesn't appear that anyone who wants that cares about it for some reason.

well that only effects .0005% of all Bison football fans, then yes I guess you're right. What an insightful perspective.

Bison 4 Life
03-06-2013, 06:06 PM
well that only effects .0005% of all Bison football fans, then yes I guess you're right. What an insightful perspective.

I'm not sure what you mean.

I was talking about how mindless the pro-FBS crowd is when it actually comes to logistics.

BlueBisonRock
03-06-2013, 07:39 PM

Can we try the word Visibility? Every time I hear the term exposure in this context, it brings an image of Izzy with his pants around his ankles and an open raincoat.

Agree with the advertising during the game as long as it improves the visibility of the Bison brand.

ndsubison1
03-06-2013, 07:41 PM
NDSU beating K State will be advertisement enough especially on a highly touted, advertised starting of a new Fox 1 Sports. Ironically last year K-State was in the cotton bowl talked to a few fans on the way to the car rental about NDSU, they were respectful and all but little did they know they would be playing us in year and a half! I forgot to mention it to them as I believe the game was already scheduled at that point?

yes it was already scheduled. i was at that game and talked to a few of their fans about it

MankatoBison
03-06-2013, 11:24 PM

I was talking about how mindless the pro-FBS crowd is when it actually comes to logistics.

I mean that about .0005% of Bison Football fans actually are able to travel to away games consistently, so if that's a reason you think we SHOULDNT go FBS thats really dumb... There are many reasons we shouldnt jump at this moment.... fans not being able to travel to away games during the week is not one of them.

IzzyFlexion
03-07-2013, 12:39 AM

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Does that mean that you, UTH, and I aren't going to Baby Dolls in Topeka?!

GradBison
03-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I mean that about .0005% of Bison Football fans actually are able to travel to away games consistently, so if that's a reason you think we SHOULDNT go FBS thats really dumb... There are many reasons we shouldnt jump at this moment.... fans not being able to travel to away games during the week is not one of them.

Pretty sure he was talking about home games.

CaBisonFan
03-07-2013, 03:38 AM

Wait 'til Gene Taylor makes the mindless announcement within the next 1-3 years.

Craig Bohl signed on to 'transition' us into the FBS. Not a fact...but a strong hunch.

Memories about how impossible it would be to transition to I-AA are awfully short.

SDbison
03-07-2013, 04:14 AM
Mindless are the douchbags that live in the past thinking NDSU is really going to stay in FCS.

stevdock
03-07-2013, 11:39 AM
And here comes the name calling towards everyone that doesn't agree with each person's point of view. Spring ball please start soon.

unbison
03-07-2013, 12:45 PM
Mindless are the douchbags that live in the past thinking NDSU is really going to stay in FCS.
mindless is the red faced man that calls names and gets mad at everyone else for doing the same..........just sayin

TransAmBison
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
So, I hear the game has been scheduled for Friday.

NorthernBison
03-07-2013, 12:55 PM
So, I hear the game has been scheduled for Friday.

We needed that move too. An extra day of rest is crucial before game #2.

BisonNeil
03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
We needed that move too. An extra day of rest is crucial before game #2.

Ha! Which doesn't exist yet.

If GT gets a Sept 14 date then the Bison get 15 days to rest up from the can of whoop ass they opened up on Kansas State :D

BisonNeil
03-07-2013, 01:41 PM
Ironically last year K-State was in the cotton bowl talked to a few fans on the way to the car rental about NDSU, they were respectful and all but little did they know they would be playing us in year and a half!

I talked to quite a few K State fans before, during and after the Fiesta Bowl this year. I wore my NDSU Bison regalia which blended in amazingly well with the Oregon colors. Several K State fans noticed that I wasn't UO and asked why I was cheering for Kansas State since both universities are midwest land grants. I politely told them all I couldn't cheer for them in the Fiesta Bowl and then in good conscious yell like hell for them to get their asses kicked when we played them in a little over 7 months. Not a single one of them knew they were playing NDSU the fall of 2013. But I had my fun with the poor bastards :)

mnriverbison
03-07-2013, 01:49 PM

If GT gets a Sept 14 date then the Bison get 15 days to rest up from the can of whoop ass they opened up on Kansas State :D

I need an extra day of rest after the game for my drive back to msp.

THEsocalledfan
03-07-2013, 01:49 PM
I noticed some "mindless" comments above. NDSU would be smart, this time, to sit tight and see if a schism develops between BCS and the rest of FBS. If it does, NDSU needs to be in whatever that second tier becomes.

NorthernBison
03-07-2013, 01:50 PM

Right now, game 2 is Sept 21 vs Delaware State. We need to be well rested for that.

Bison 4 Life
03-07-2013, 02:02 PM
I noticed some "mindless" comments above. NDSU would be smart, this time, to sit tight and see if a schism develops between BCS and the rest of FBS. If it does, NDSU needs to be in whatever that second tier becomes.

It's looking like that, for sure. No reason to go into a division with an artificial ceiling.

jtownbisonfan
03-07-2013, 02:16 PM
Hotel reservations modified, extra day of PTO requested and approved. Maybe have to spend a day in KC after the game with all that extra time!

MNLonghorn10
03-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Fbs needs to be done when all of the super confrences are formed.

BisonNation11
03-07-2013, 02:59 PM
Fbs needs to be done when all of the super conferences are formed.

I'd agree with this. However, not a minute sooner.

SDbison
03-07-2013, 03:59 PM
mindless is the red faced man that calls names and gets mad at everyone else for doing the same..........just sayin ha ha, most every post of yours attacks someone. I just have to fight back in the same way that the anti FBS crowd does. Get it? No of course not......It's OK when many here strike down one or two posters at Bisonville, but downright mean when the few get sick of the intolerance of other ideas.

unbison
03-07-2013, 08:29 PM
ha ha, most every post of yours attacks someone. I just have to fight back in the same way that the anti FBS crowd does. Get it? No of course not......It's OK when many here strike down one or two posters at Bisonville, but downright mean when the few get sick of the intolerance of other ideas.
you cant speak of intolerance!.......you respect no ones ideas that are not similar with yours do you ever read your own posts .......its always some kind of name calling..........do i not understand or do you not examine yourself as you examine others

BlueBisonRock
03-07-2013, 11:35 PM
Looks like the two of you should plan to play some b-ball. Right Slick?!!!

ha ha, most every post of yours attacks someone. I just have to fight back in the same way that the anti FBS crowd does. Get it? No of course not......It's OK when many here strike down one or two posters at Bisonville, but downright mean when the few get sick of the intolerance of other ideas.

you cant speak of intolerance!.......you respect no ones ideas that are not similar with yours do you ever read your own posts .......its always some kind of name calling..........do i not understand or do you not examine yourself as you examine others

unbison
03-08-2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like the two of you should plan to play some b-ball. Right Slick?!!!
Oooo sd would be furious after getting skunked on the basketball court;)

SDbison
03-08-2013, 04:04 PM
Oooo sd would be furious after getting skunked on the basketball court;) I don't play roundball anymore........but I still play hockey. Would love to knock you on your ass out on the ice. If you don't like it we can throw down the gloves and see who is still standing after a few punches. :biggrin:
By the way unbison, I was speaking of the intolerance at Bisonville to even let others post on a topic without being put down for bringing it up. The FCS versus FBS discussion is very legitamate, and I am tired of the some posters constantly putting people down for bringing it up. Yes, I have argued on Bisonville about all sorts of topics, even the banned political and protected citizen topics. And yes, I will post what I feel and sometimes get into exchanges with name calling. What I don't understand is why people have to trash on the concept and posters that believe NDSU's move to FBS or equivalent is inevitable.

TransAmBison
03-08-2013, 04:17 PM
So Friday night, huh? Will it be on ESPN3? How about HD?

unbison
03-08-2013, 04:25 PM
I don't play roundball anymore........but I still play hockey. Would love to knock you on your ass out on the ice. If you don't like it we can throw down the gloves and see who is still standing after a few punches. :biggrin:
By the way unbison, I was speaking of the intolerance at Bisonville to even let others post on a topic without being put down for bringing it up. The FCS versus FBS discussion is very legitamate, and I am tired of the some posters constantly putting people down for bringing it up. Yes, I have argued on Bisonville about all sorts of topics, even the banned political and protected citizen topics. And yes, I will post what I feel and sometimes get into exchanges with name calling. What I don't understand is why people have to trash on the concept and posters that believe NDSU's move to FBS or equivalent is inevitable.
because they dont believe it to be inevitable ........I am one .......and here are my reasons........i believe that the big time conferences or the bcs conferences are gonna freeze the sun belt the mac and even the mwc out of the ployoff system and keep the money for themselves... when this happens that is when NDSU will either stay at the level they are at and these fringe 1-a conferences will actually be on our level and wanting to be in our playoffs or the ncaa will reclassify it all and we will end up where we belong!

that said i can skate! i grew up 25 miles from canada.......i not scared of lacing them up and playing a lil pond hockey!.....boxing your on either way at any sport ill own sdbison in athletic competition

SDbison
03-08-2013, 05:54 PM
because they dont believe it to be inevitable ........I am one .......and here are my reasons........i believe that the big time conferences or the bcs conferences are gonna freeze the sun belt the mac and even the mwc out of the ployoff system and keep the money for themselves... when this happens that is when NDSU will either stay at the level they are at and these fringe 1-a conferences will actually be on our level and wanting to be in our playoffs or the ncaa will reclassify it all and we will end up where we belong!

that said i can skate! i grew up 25 miles from canada.......i not scared of lacing them up and playing a lil pond hockey!.....boxing your on either way at any sport ill own sdbison in athletic competition Just because you, or even 2/3's of Bisonville don't think a move to FBS will happen should not entitle you or other anti FBS folks to tell others to quit posting about it.
Ha ha, skating and playing hockey are two different things! Pond hockey won't work in Sioux Falls this weekend as we are getting rain Sat & Sun with temps around 40. Sunday night is adult hockey league......I can set it up so we can each sub for two opposing teams. There are early and late games so Saul ball won't get in the way.

Trumpster
03-08-2013, 05:59 PM

Know idea. However now I can consider going to the game -friend's wedding on Saturday, all I need to do is drive ~9 hours back overnight to make it to both. 'cause driving 23 hours pretty much straight to frisco was such a blast.

jtownbisonfan
03-08-2013, 06:44 PM

Fox Sports 1, new national network being launched. We could potentially be the very first game broadcast on the network. From what I've seen, if you get the Speed channel, you'll get FS1.

TransAmBison
03-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Fox Sports 1, new national network being launched. We could potentially be the very first game broadcast on the network. From what I've seen, if you get the Speed channel, you'll get FS1.Really? That's awesome. So, is this a link I follow from ESPN3, or do I have to go through ESPN8?

BisonNation11
03-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Really? That's awesome. So, is this a link I follow from ESPN3, or do I have to go through ESPN8?

Nice welcome banner you got there! :biggrin:

THEsocalledfan
03-08-2013, 07:04 PM
Really? That's awesome. So, is this a link I follow from ESPN3, or do I have to go through ESPN8?

Must spread rep.......

unbison
03-08-2013, 07:08 PM
Just because you, or even 2/3's of Bisonville don't think a move to FBS will happen should not entitle you or other anti FBS folks to tell others to quit posting about it.
Ha ha, skating and playing hockey are two different things! Pond hockey won't work in Sioux Falls this weekend as we are getting rain Sat & Sun with temps around 40. Sunday night is adult hockey league......I can set it up so we can each sub for two opposing teams. There are early and late games so Saul ball won't get in the way.

You tell others to quit posting things as well

As far as hockey no cuz I'm talking mono a mono competition .... Besides skates and stick only I a pickup
Gamer

loudsilverado
03-08-2013, 07:37 PM

As far as hockey no cuz I'm talking mono a mono competition .... Besides skates and stick only I a pickup
Gamer

Kind of sounds like you are pussing out.

unbison
03-08-2013, 07:50 PM
Kind of sounds like you are pussing out.
Lol....... Yep

NDSU_grad
03-08-2013, 08:05 PM
Hate to derail this masterpiece of a thread, but a bunch of us were able to get 3 rooms at the Candlewood Suites yesterday. Bought 6 tickets off Stubhub today, and, most importantly, got permission from the Mrs. Getting ready to tear up the Little Apple.

runtheoption
03-08-2013, 08:52 PM
Can I use my travel hacked points to book a room thru ESPN3 in HD? That way I could watch the game with no intentions of remaining FCS or moving to FBS, or until the time the Fargodome adds seating in the corners or a new 35000 person stadium is built. Whichever comes 2nd.

But, we'll always have the 11th game with UND to shore up our inter non conference scheduling non-issues. I did not read that on the Rob Port blog, who insists that a move to the MAC is imminent given the SBOHE's expected buy out of MSU's move to the MWC.

Without calling anyone names, many on here are real douchebaggy a-holes. If you have to pause and wonder if I am talking about you, then I'm not. Buttfootball, jerkwads.

Elvis was a Bison
03-08-2013, 09:43 PM
Can I use my travel hacked points to book a room thru ESPN3 in HD? That way I could watch the game with no intentions of remaining FCS or moving to FBS, or until the time the Fargodome adds seating in the corners or a new 35000 person stadium is built. Whichever comes 2nd.

But, we'll always have the 11th game with UND to shore up our inter non conference scheduling non-issues. I did not read that on the Rob Port blog, who insists that a move to the MAC is imminent given the SBOHE's expected buy out of MSU's move to the MWC.

Without calling anyone names, many on here are real douchebaggy a-holes. If you have to pause and wonder if I am talking about you, then I'm not. Buttfootball, jerkwads.

What he said.

Mayville Bison
03-08-2013, 09:48 PM

Absolutely priceless!!!

SDbison
03-08-2013, 10:03 PM

Gamer Only time I tell people to quit posting is when they are completely hijacking a legitamate thread with jokes and other garbage. If a thread is there to discuss a topic I don't like I might challenge someone in discussion but I don't tell them to drop the topic.
You just want to stir the pot here unbison........actually you are just pissy because I don't like the Gophers and I think Bison basketball could do better with the talent they have by not playing Saul ball. The lack of Bison fans at the Summit Tourney with their 20 plus win record is proof that I am not alone in this belief.

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
03-08-2013, 10:17 PM
Hate to derail this masterpiece of a thread, but a bunch of us were able to get 3 rooms at the Candlewood Suites yesterday. Bought 6 tickets off Stubhub today, and, most importantly, got permission from the Mrs. Getting ready to tear up the Little Apple.

tickets dont go on sale til june 5th?

TransAmBison
03-08-2013, 11:03 PM
Only time I tell people to quit posting is when they are completely hijacking a legitamate thread with jokes and other garbage. If a thread is there to discuss a topic I don't like I might challenge someone in discussion but I don't tell them to drop the topic.
You just want to stir the pot here unbison........actually you are just pissy because I don't like the Gophers and I think Bison basketball could do better with the talent they have by not playing Saul ball. The lack of Bison fans at the Summit Tourney with their 20 plus win record is proof that I am not alone in this belief.He's talking about me. :D You know, the guy who has attempted to get this thread back on topic. :D

SamsRams
03-08-2013, 11:53 PM

correct people are buying seats on stubhub from people who dont have tickets yet

EndZoneQB
03-09-2013, 12:25 AM

Season ticket holders often list their tickets before they get them. Why not?

NDSU_grad
03-09-2013, 02:24 AM
Season ticket holders often list their tickets before they get them. Why not?
I guess that's what I presumed was going on. A buddy of mine with a stubhub account bought the tickets.

unbison
03-09-2013, 01:20 PM
Only time I tell people to quit posting is when they are completely hijacking a legitamate thread with jokes and other garbage. If a thread is there to discuss a topic I don't like I might challenge someone in discussion but I don't tell them to drop the topic.
You just want to stir the pot here unbison........actually you are just pissy because I don't like the Gophers and I think Bison basketball could do better with the talent they have by not playing Saul ball. The lack of Bison fans at the Summit Tourney with their 20 plus win record is proof that I am not alone in this belief.
Lol wow you have it all figured out! Must be hard going through life with misguided theories .....somehow entangled in jag bombs these misguided theories have become factual in your head .....I'll just say
WOW!

runtheoption
03-09-2013, 05:48 PM
sd and unbison, did you guys have anything to do with the Achille Lauro?

reformedUNDfan
03-09-2013, 06:26 PM
little bit of espn pre-press (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/77386/3-point-stance-huskers-vols-droughts)

SDbison
03-09-2013, 06:53 PM
sd and unbison, did you guys have anything to do with the Achille Lauro? Sounds familiar, but please refresh my memory.
By the way, this is the K-State move to Friday Night thread, correct? I can see how conversation could drift into a move FCS to FBS topic discussion.........but never mind. I think the move to Friday night and a primetime TV audience is awesome and I plan to go to the game.
I do apologize to Bisonville for having to put up with another SD, unbison pissing contest. Hopefully we can meet up this weekend during the Summit Tourney and either have a drink and call a truce,:cheers: or just fight it out. :duel:

SDbison
03-09-2013, 06:59 PM
little bit of espn pre-press (http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/77386/3-point-stance-huskers-vols-droughts) This is great stuff. The more they hype this game the more exposure for NDSU and the better chances for an FBS conference invite. Maybe someday from the Big 12? Just kidding!

IzzyFlexion
03-09-2013, 07:57 PM
Sounds familiar, but please refresh my memory.
By the way, this is the K-State move to Friday Night thread, correct? I can see how conversation could drift into a move FCS to FBS topic discussion.........but never mind. I think the move to Friday night and a primetime TV audience is awesome and I plan to go to the game.
I do apologize to Bisonville for having to put up with another SD, unbison pissing contest. Hopefully we can meet up this weekend during the Summit Tourney and either have a drink and call a truce,:cheers: or just fight it out. :duel:

eff the tourney ticket demand.
SD and un in the octagon would sell out just as fast!

Blue
03-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Been working in Manhattan, I may have a spare bedroom and a couch to spare a few of my Bison brethren.

CAS4127
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM
ESPN Looks at K-State and our game with them: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/65582/schedule-analysis-kansas-state-wildcats

reformedUNDfan
04-02-2013, 05:30 PM
ESPN Looks at K-State and our game with them: http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/65582/schedule-analysis-kansas-state-wildcats

ubben is not impressed with north dakota state. really likes to harp on that 6-3 kansas game as proof the bison aren't very good,

MNLonghorn10
04-02-2013, 05:49 PM
well, kansas won like 2 games that year, and NDSU was shut out by missouri state too..

reformedUNDfan
04-02-2013, 05:52 PM
well, kansas won like 2 games that year, and NDSU was shut out by missouri state too..
3, which goes to the point that a pretty mediocre bison team (until the playoff cupcakes) was better than the best kansas team in 3 years. Anyone doubt that next year's bison team wouldn't beat easy season 2010 pretty handily?

MNLonghorn10
04-02-2013, 05:53 PM
lol. best kansas team in 3 years is not saying much.

and yes. 2013 would beat 2010 by a few TD's. just like KState beats KU like a drum, year in, year out.

344Johnson
04-02-2013, 06:21 PM
3, which goes to the point that a pretty mediocre bison team (until the playoff cupcakes) was better than the best kansas team in 3 years. Anyone doubt that next year's bison team wouldn't beat easy season 2010 pretty handily?

The DJ screen pass - Power running game would destroy the more recent editions of the Bison.

THEsocalledfan
04-02-2013, 06:25 PM

I'd argue that when Brock J. was playing, they were much better than "mediocre." They probably would have beat Eastern Washington if not "Fette'd." (Still has to be the biggest horse shit call I have ever seen.)

BisonNeil
04-21-2013, 03:23 PM
I didn't what to start a new thread, but some pretty interesting comments in this interview of Bill Snyder.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/blog/dennis-dodd/22091018/k-states-snyder-college-athletics-in-a-bad-place-right-now-

BisonFan02
04-21-2013, 05:29 PM
NSFW kinda.....not really sure why I was reminded of this, but I figured I would post anyway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmkMQLjeXPM

BisonNation11
04-24-2013, 03:52 AM
If anybody wants to pony up some serious keesh, there are tickets on stub hub for sale in the first row behind the KSU bench around the 30 yard line for $240 a pop. Quantity 2-4 available.

56BISON73
04-24-2013, 03:55 AM
I think we have 94 tix request for the game so far.

NDSU
04-24-2013, 08:20 PM
If anybody wants to pony up some serious keesh, there are tickets on stub hub for sale in the first row behind the KSU bench around the 30 yard line for $240 a pop. Quantity 2-4 available.

I picked up 8 2nd row tickets for well under that price!

EndZoneQB
04-24-2013, 08:42 PM
I picked up 8 2nd row tickets for well under that price!

Sweet. We picked up front row tickets for well under that price.

KSBisonFan
04-27-2013, 10:31 PM
Picture of the construction at K-State's stadium:

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q598/jghoffman12/003_zpsd136131d.jpg (http://s1165.photobucket.com/user/jghoffman12/media/003_zpsd136131d.jpg.html)

Also heard our alumni association met with K-State this week to plan the pep rally.

roadwarrior
04-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Online ticket orders for the Kansas State game through NDSU begin tomorrow:

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=207246260

KSBisonFan
04-30-2013, 06:01 PM
Online ticket orders for the Kansas State game through NDSU begin tomorrow:

Any idea how many tickets NDSU will be alloted? Had a guy tell me KSU was estimating we'd bring around 3,000 fans which seemed low based on how we attended the CSU game.

BisonNeil
04-30-2013, 06:08 PM
Not entirely off topic, but ESPNs way too early college football poll, their third version, has KSU at #20.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/9214725/ohio-state-buckeyes-take-top-spot-latest-2013-top-25

roadwarrior
04-30-2013, 06:16 PM
Any idea how many tickets NDSU will be alloted? Had a guy tell me KSU was estimating we'd bring around 3,000 fans which seemed low based on how we attended the CSU game.

I think this order process might determine how many tickets are allotted. Just my guess though.

CAS4127
04-30-2013, 06:19 PM
https://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s480x480/601858_10201241973355542_194657618_n.jpg
Online ticket requests for football game vs. Kansas State begin tomorrow (May 1).

Order fulfillment and seat assignments will be determined based on priority points. Team Makers and Season Ticket Holders should submit their requests through their established Team Maker/Season Ticket Holder account to ensure credit for current priority points.

gumby013
04-30-2013, 08:24 PM
I see KSU is planning fireworks for after the game.

Always nice to have fireworks to celebrate a win.

hattonbison
04-30-2013, 11:31 PM
Since I am ranked 2232 out of 35237 I will be getting my tickets when they go on sale June 5th through the K- State website, no need to waste my time going through NDSU.

westnodak93bison
05-01-2013, 02:43 AM
Just watched some of their video on the K-State website. Spring game score was 76 (Purple) - 3 (White).
Lockett had 200+ yds receiving. He will be by far the best receiver we have ever seen imho.
Their top yard gaining RB for the spring game is 5' 4" tall ?
Also, they have a Gronkowski playing FB. Yeah, Rob's brother.

BisonNation11
05-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Just watched some of their video on the K-State website. Spring game score was 76 (Purple) - 3 (White).
Lockett had 200+ yds receiving. He will be by far the best receiver we have ever seen imho.

All this proves to me is they're really lacking any sort of defense, especially since it walked out the door due to them being seniors. I wouldn't put much into their spring game.

gumby013
05-01-2013, 09:19 AM
They were also playing 1s vs 2s.

Add in that they were probably trying to put on a show for the fans, playing only base defense, ect...

No point in analyzing any of the spring game stats.

moosbah
05-01-2013, 01:57 PM

K-State is always utilizing small RB's. Nothing new for them to have a short back (Sproles, Hubert, etc, etc, etc....).
As for Lockett, he's going to get his, it's everyone else we have to contain.

westnodak93bison
05-01-2013, 02:18 PM
K-State is always utilizing small RB's. Nothing new for them to have a short back (Sproles, Hubert, etc, etc, etc....).

I probably should have said best WR since Vincent Jackson.
Anyone know how to find their spring game on line? I couldn't find it digging around on their website. May have to pay for premium access like on gobison.com?

EndZoneQB
05-01-2013, 02:45 PM

Is he? This is a chance for Marcus to REALLY show his talent. If he wants to get drafted and drafted early, he needs to have a big game in Manhattan. If he flashes again like he did at Minnesota, it can really help his draft stock. The scouts are going to look at level of competition and then look for the big games stats...which he seems to usually have his best games, but he'll be a senior so it needs to be huge. Me thinks you stick Marcus on him the whole game...just shadow him. See what happens.

344Johnson
05-01-2013, 02:52 PM

Vincent Jackson from Northern Colorado?

Very excited to see Marcus go against him.

gumby013
05-01-2013, 03:02 PM
Alumni Association put out an outline of the events they have planned.

Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013:
6 p.m. CT (tentative) – Bison Thursday Night Party
Location TBD
Event ticket information and other details coming soon.

Friday, Aug. 30, 2013:
Bison Tailgate Party and Pep Fest
Time and Location TBD
Event details coming soon.

7:30 p.m. CT – Kick-off: The March is On!
Bill Snyder Family Stadium*
2201 Kimball Ave
Manhattan, KS
*Doors open 2 hours prior to kick-off at 5:30 p.m. CT.

Seating Chart (capacity 50,000) – Bison section TBD.

moosbah
05-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Is he? This is a chance for Marcus to REALLY show his talent. If he wants to get drafted and drafted early, he needs to have a big game in Manhattan. If he flashes again like he did at Minnesota, it can really help his draft stock. The scouts are going to look at level of competition and then look for the big games stats...which he seems to usually have his best games, but he'll be a senior so it needs to be huge. Me thinks you stick Marcus on him the whole game...just shadow him. See what happens.

Lockett also is their returner. If we don't take care of him on special teams, which is noooooooo easy task, what Marcus does will only take care of his receiving numbers. Should be a good matchup to be sure!

Hammerhead
05-01-2013, 03:49 PM
I was ranked #4417 last summer and managed to get 2 tickets from NDSU for the Colorado State game. I did end up getting better seats down below the NDSU section so I sold my NDSU tickets to another Bisonviller. Since then, I've moved up a little bit in the priority

Since I am ranked 2232 out of 35237 I will be getting my tickets when they go on sale June 5th through the K- State website, no need to waste my time going through NDSU.

westnodak93bison
05-01-2013, 04:26 PM
Alumni Association put out an outline of the events they have planned.

Thursday, Aug. 29, 2013:
6 p.m. CT (tentative) – Bison Thursday Night Party
Location TBD
Event ticket information and other details coming soon.

Friday, Aug. 30, 2013:
Bison Tailgate Party and Pep Fest
Time and Location TBD
Event details coming soon.

7:30 p.m. CT – Kick-off: The March is On!
Bill Snyder Family Stadium*
2201 Kimball Ave
Manhattan, KS
*Doors open 2 hours prior to kick-off at 5:30 p.m. CT.

Seating Chart (capacity 50,000) – Bison section TBD.

I was told there is part of the tailgate area that allows adult beverages. May not "officially" be on the designated tail gate area but right across the street. :cheers:

EndZoneQB
05-01-2013, 04:37 PM
I was told there is part of the tailgate area that allows adult beverages. May not "officially" be on the designated tail gate area but right across the street. :cheers:

What? It's Kstate, I'm pretty sure their rules are there are no rules...

Kansas State U
05-01-2013, 08:38 PM
I see KSU is planning fireworks for after the game.

Always nice to have fireworks to celebrate a win.

I chuckled.

It's been a while since I posted last. Attended our spring game last weekend. Would answer any questions you have. Our starting RB did not play, but will be ready for the season opener. The QB competition is as good as anticipated. The O-line may be the best ever....which is really saying something. The WR/TE position will be very deep and very talented.

Defense - 8 players in play for D-line positions, at least 4 at LB with another when freshman report, DB/S will be interested to see how it plays out. We'll start with an all Big 12 safety and build around him.

I see it being another year where we score a ton of points.

gumby013
05-01-2013, 09:47 PM
I chuckled.

It's been a while since I posted last. Attended our spring game last weekend. Would answer any questions you have. Our starting RB did not play, but will be ready for the season opener. The QB competition is as good as anticipated. The O-line may be the best ever....which is really saying something. The WR/TE position will be very deep and very talented.

Defense - 8 players in play for D-line positions, at least 4 at LB with another when freshman report, DB/S will be interested to see how it plays out. We'll start with an all Big 12 safety and build around him.

I see it being another year where we score a ton of points.

Let's say the unthinkable happens and the Bison do win.

Do they still have the fireworks? :biggrin:

TransAmBison
05-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Let's say the unthinkable happens and the Bison do win.

Do they still have the fireworks? :biggrin:
Let's just hope they have enough beer for everyone... :D

17>1
05-01-2013, 11:15 PM
Just bought 4 tickets in section 420, Row 19 on Vivid Seats.

gumby013
05-02-2013, 03:19 AM
Anyone have any info on how many ticket requests they have received since last night?

westnodak93bison
05-03-2013, 02:36 AM
K State 2013 spring game highlights...over 10 minutes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccbQqMNFqeM

GOB1SON
05-03-2013, 02:56 AM
Anyone have any info on how many ticket requests they have received since last night?

> 1
<10000

BisonNeil
05-04-2013, 08:53 PM
I guess I didn't realize that in college football only two other teams return fewer players than K State does for this fall.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/66781/big-rebuilding-task-underway-at-kansas-state

westnodak93bison
05-05-2013, 06:58 PM
I guess I didn't realize that in college football only two other teams return fewer players than K State does for this fall.

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12/post/_/id/66781/big-rebuilding-task-underway-at-kansas-state

I knew this last year. I told one of our OL this last fall after a game and he said "really? and smiled ear to ear.

BisonNation11
05-05-2013, 07:11 PM

The closer this game gets, the more I believe the Bison can actually win this game. No matter who starts at QB, they are very inexperienced running the K State offense. Whoever starts at MLB will be very inexperienced at running the defense. If the O-line can control the line like they should and the defense can get to the QB in any way, shape, or form, I'm seeing post-game victory fireworks for the Bison!

Shadowbison
05-05-2013, 09:27 PM
The more I think about it, the more I believe we have a fighting chance. I don't think ksu can lose that many players on D and not have at least some trouble in their first game. Our running game will be rock solid too! They will have to pass to win, and if they can it will be a long game. I think our secondary will be up to the challenge and they will need all 60 min if they are going to beat us.

Bisonwinagn
05-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm thinking the Bison will win 6-3.

MNLonghorn10
05-06-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm thinking the Bison will win 6-3.

Nope.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

BisonNeil
05-08-2013, 02:29 AM
K State RB Hubert one of the top 10 players to watch in the Big 12.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/college-football/photos/1303/big-12-players-to-watch-2013/?sct=uk_t11_a3#/college-football/photos/1303/big-12-players-to-watch-2013/6/

moosbah
05-08-2013, 02:26 PM

I thought we agreed you weren't going to drink fully caffeinated coffee.

runtheoption
05-08-2013, 07:09 PM
I thought we agreed you weren't going to drink fully caffeinated coffee.

We did not disagree the I could not drink fully caffeinated or decaf coffee.

loudsilverado
05-09-2013, 01:56 AM
I'm going to use my travel hacking miles in order to go to the game. Only 4 more flights to Kabul and I'm in.

WYOBISONMAN
05-09-2013, 02:46 AM
I'm going to use my travel hacking miles in order to go to the game. Only 4 more flights to Kabul and I'm in.

And you need to go back to 4mcrue for your name...........every time I get a little shit faced this confuses me.........

SlickVic
05-09-2013, 07:55 AM
And you need to go back to 4mcrue for your name...........every time I get a little shit faced this confuses me.........

Lol wyo 1 to many grain belts or what when we. Gona golf fool get your aas to edgewood in good old north fargo north dakota me u and bir dog scramble with or with out dean north aka worlss record holdee for lowest golf rounds evere it all be a blast why get here

BisoninNWMN
05-09-2013, 11:15 AM
The closer this game gets, the more I believe the Bison can actually win this game. No matter who starts at QB, they are very inexperienced running the K State offense. Whoever starts at MLB will be very inexperienced at running the defense. If the O-line can control the line like they should and the defense can get to the QB in any way, shape, or form, I'm seeing post-game victory fireworks for the Bison!

Agreed.

Replacing almost the whole defense. They are not going to be running on all cylinders come the 1st game of the year. The Bison definitely have a legit chance of winning.

WYOBISONMAN
05-09-2013, 12:21 PM
We could win......but it certainly would be a hell of an upset.

THEsocalledfan
05-09-2013, 01:05 PM
We could win......but it certainly would be a hell of an upset.

In the eyes of the unseeing public, I completely agree. However, I think all of us know NDSU can very much win this game and probably should win this game......

Is it possible this is a bigger game for NDSU than the second FCS title game? In other words, is this the game that gives them the national recognition they deserve?

Trumpster
05-09-2013, 01:38 PM
In other words, is this the game that gives them the national recognition they deserve?

IMHO yes. A win against K State will put us next to App whenever the talking heads compare FBS to FCS. Their extra cravat of except for App beating Mich will also be ND State beating K State.

GOBISON123
05-09-2013, 01:44 PM
Nope.

Our Defense lead by Levon Perry, Billy Turner, Golden Eagle, Grant Olson etc will crush them guys like flies. This game could be a lot like the combination of Georgia Southern and Bearcats game

Trumpster
05-09-2013, 01:53 PM
Our Defense lead by Levon Perry, Billy Turner, Golden Eagle, Grant Olson etc will crush them guys like flies. This game could be a lot like the combination of Georgia Southern and Bearcats game

I had no idea Billy Turner played both ways.

Bison bison
05-09-2013, 01:55 PM
The man is a leader!

BisonFan02
05-09-2013, 02:04 PM
I had no idea Billy Turner played both ways.

MWill + Drevlow = Turner

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2013, 02:49 PM

Is billy turner going to start opposite of williams?

mnriverbison
05-09-2013, 04:37 PM
In the eyes of the unseeing public, I completely agree. However, I think all of us know NDSU can very much win this game and probably should win this game......

Is it possible this is a bigger game for NDSU than the second FCS title game? In other words, is this the game that gives them the national recognition they deserve?

I disagree that we probably should beat KSU. Even after they lost a great QB. Even though we've beaten MN and CSU. This is a different animal.

I also am unsure if winning this game does anything for national attention. Scott Van Pelt may say our name I guess and comment about how cool his helmet is. So there's that.

Mayville Bison
05-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I disagree that we probably should beat KSU. Even after they lost a great QB. Even though we've beaten MN and CSU. This is a different animal.

I also am unsure if winning this game does anything for national attention. Scott Van Pelt may say our name I guess and comment about how cool his helmet is. So there's that.

Completely agree with both points. As good as we are and have been for the last 2+ years, we are still an underdog going into this game. It's going to come down to taking care of the ball and getting a few breaks go our way.

As for national attention, if we do end up winning, it will immediately be seen as KState graduating so many people last year that their inexperience caught them by surprise rather than the spotlight on NDSU. There will be some gain, but it's not like winning the championship even if it's considered 2nd tier.

mnriverbison
05-09-2013, 04:50 PM
Completely agree with both points. As good as we are and have been for the last 2+ years, we are still an underdog going into this game. It's going to come down to taking care of the ball and getting a few breaks go our way.

As for national attention, if we do end up winning, it will immediately be seen as KState graduating so many people last year that their inexperience caught them by surprise rather than the spotlight on NDSU. There will be some gain, but it's not like winning the championship even if it's considered 2nd tier.

Exactly. And to be fair, they lost a ton on defense and a Heisman finalist at QB. The national take won't be completely without merit.

But who cares? A win like this will continue to help the Bison where it actually matters-building enthusiasm among our alums and in the region and out on the recruiting trail. Seriously, when you're hanging out in the tailgate lots, or in a crowded airport gate full of fans heading to a road game, in a packed fargodome or in a local bar watching with friends does it really matter at all if Mike and Mike give your team a passing glance on their show? Not to me. Doesn't mean a win wouldn't be awesome.

moosbah
05-09-2013, 05:11 PM
We did not disagree the I could not drink fully caffeinated or decaf coffee.

Stick to the Red Bull and Yoo-Hoo. It's the best muse for your pontifications.

MNLonghorn10
05-09-2013, 06:10 PM
i dont get the super underdog shit...

KStates best team in years last year, was just a 10 pt favorite over NDSU.

NDSU team returns the same team, cept everybody is now seniors.

I think itll open as Kstate -4.5

EndZoneQB
05-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Exactly. And to be fair, they lost a ton on defense and a Heisman finalist at QB. The national take won't be completely without merit.

But who cares? A win like this will continue to help the Bison where it actually matters-building enthusiasm among our alums and in the region and out on the recruiting trail. Seriously, when you're hanging out in the tailgate lots, or in a crowded airport gate full of fans heading to a road game, in a packed fargodome or in a local bar watching with friends does it really matter at all if Mike and Mike give your team a passing glance on their show? Not to me. Doesn't mean a win wouldn't be awesome.

Besides, I feel like more and more people are noticing NDSU gear traveling when we go to games and stuff. People always comment. That's good exposure in itself...

gumby013
05-09-2013, 06:37 PM
Besides, I feel like more and more people are noticing NDSU gear traveling when we go to games and stuff. People always comment. That's good exposure in itself...

I got a ton of GO BISON calls while in Disney World a couple months ago...and not all from Bison fans. One was from a set of Louisville fans, and another from some Bama fans.

Goopher fans just looked depressed.

344Johnson
05-09-2013, 07:42 PM
gumby's story leads me to believe that college football hipsters are Bison fans now.

SamsRams
05-10-2013, 05:52 AM
i dont get the super underdog shit...

KStates best team in years last year, was just a 10 pt favorite over NDSU.

NDSU team returns the same team, cept everybody is now seniors.

I think itll open as Kstate -4.5

it will open double digits easy

moosbah
05-10-2013, 02:54 PM
it will open double digits easy

I tend to agree with this. One thing that most are overlooking is KSU will be opening their newly renovated West Stadium project for this game and the house will be full of big purple money, media and the whole town will want to see the new facility. In other words, the house will be rocking and the team will be ready to go, as Snyder isn't going to be happy if they lay an egg in front of that money crowd and media. Is it going to be a blowout, I highly doubt it, but I can see the 'Cats winning by 10+.

westnodak93bison
05-10-2013, 03:46 PM
Final 2012-2013 Sagarin has K-State by 13.29 at home. With many key seniors departing on defense and QB for K State, it should be interesting and a dog fight. Bison will be deeper and more experienced than the playoff team from last year. The line will be 10+ because of popular opinion rather than reality. K State has a tendency to play down to FCS competition and The Bison play up. All the pressure is on K State and Bohl will have the men dialed in.

EndZoneQB
05-10-2013, 04:08 PM
Final 2012-2013 Sagarin has K-State by 13.29 at home. With many key seniors departing on defense and QB for K State, it should be interesting and a dog fight. Bison will be deeper and more experienced than the playoff team from last year. The line will be 10+ because of popular opinion rather than reality. K State has a tendency to play down to FCS competition and The Bison play up. All the pressure is on K State and Bohl will have the men dialed in.

We basically have no pressure going into this game. We lose, we are still likely #1 in the polls. We win, and we are #1 in the polls for sure and maybe get in the AP/Coach's poll. They lose, and they lose all credibility for the season.

BadlandsBison
05-10-2013, 06:00 PM
We basically have no pressure going into this game. We lose, we are still likely #1 in the polls. We win, and we are #1 in the polls for sure and maybe get in the AP/Coach's poll. They lose, and they lose all credibility for the season.

Think we'll stay at #1 if we loose? Didn't und move up after they lost to Fresno state or something?

runtheoption
05-10-2013, 06:21 PM
Think we'll stay at #1 if we loose? Didn't und move up after they lost to Fresno state or something?

If we loose, then we will moove down the poolls.

BadlandsBison
05-10-2013, 06:38 PM
If we loose, then we will moove down the poolls.

I've just been nailing grammar lately! Its getting to the point that I'm scared to post

bri-dog
05-10-2013, 06:45 PM
I've just been nailing grammar lately! Its getting to the point that I'm scared to post

Good thing you didn't forget the second "r" in grammar...

Bisonator98
05-10-2013, 06:59 PM

Doesn't take much to move up when you're at the bottom! :biggrin:

reformedUNDfan
05-10-2013, 08:28 PM

yes UND entered the rankings after loosing to fresno state

edit: http://espn.go.com/ncf/recap?id=312600278

ndsubison1
05-10-2013, 08:41 PM

i could see us getting some votes if we win. but a lot of people will chalk it up as "oh this is going to be a down season for ksu." although ku still finished the season pretty poorily I remember everybody assumed they were going to get killed by a ranked georgia tech because of how they did vs NDSU. Then KU went out and stomped Georgia Tech. lol

Hammerhead
05-31-2013, 07:27 PM
I've got my tickets from NDSU!

bri-dog
06-01-2013, 04:15 PM
Sounds like the Tolna/Larimore crew (6 Team Makers) got all their tickets, so we should have 24 there...

IBleedYellow
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
Four tickets here! This is going to be a party!

Nexus 4

MontBison
06-03-2013, 02:08 PM
Is anyone else trying to hit the chiefs, bison, cornhusker trifecta?

Bisontug
06-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Is anyone else trying to hit the chiefs, bison, cornhusker trifecta?

Didn't know about the Huskers... definitely doing the Chiefs & Bison game though !!

56BISON73
06-03-2013, 06:24 PM
Didn't know about the Huskers... definitely doing the Chiefs & Bison game though !!

We will be at the Chiefs-Packers game as well.

Bison 4 Life
06-03-2013, 06:52 PM
We will be at the Chiefs-Packers game as well.

Tickets on Stubhub for $8 That seems quite tempting.

MontBison
06-03-2013, 09:14 PM
Tickets on Stubhub for $8 That seems quite tempting.

It's crazy the cheapest ticket on subhub for the cornhuskers are 10x more than that

GradBison
06-03-2013, 09:50 PM
It's crazy the cheapest ticket on subhub for the cornhuskers are 10x more than that

Well the NFL game is a preseason exhibition.

MontBison
06-03-2013, 10:27 PM
Well the NFL game is a preseason exhibition.

I know and I know Nebraska is crazy about the huskers but it just shows how crazy they are

sambini
06-03-2013, 11:32 PM
got 4 maybe Huskers game on Saturday...

GPSIT
06-05-2013, 06:36 PM
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060413aab.html

This will give the Bison some great exposure. Bohl will have them ready. Can't wait.

THEsocalledfan
06-05-2013, 06:44 PM
http://www.kstatesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/060413aab.html

This will give the Bison some great exposure. Bohl will have them ready. Can't wait.

Just checked, and Fox Sports 1 is taking over speed. This is 632 on Midco currently part of basic HD, so should be easy to get for those of us with Midco. This also means I can record/copy the game. :)

MNLonghorn10
06-05-2013, 06:46 PM
when is that supposed to happen anyways?

THEsocalledfan
06-05-2013, 07:01 PM
when is that supposed to happen anyways?

Aug. 17

http://msn.foxsports.com/foxsports1

THEsocalledfan
06-05-2013, 07:02 PM
By the way, I were sure this is not a SD production from Hoak media? :)

EndZoneQB
06-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Does anyone have the ESPN3 workaround for this game??