PDA

View Full Version : RPI Update: The Conference Tournament Madness Begins

NDSUstudent
03-04-2013, 05:49 PM
NDSU's RPI improved 9 spots from last week, going from 86 to 77. This puts the Bison in a position to get a 13/14 seed if they run the table in SF.

NDSU
Record/Summit: 22-8, 12-4
RPI: 75
vs top 50: 0-3
vs 51-100: 1-1
vs 101-200: 5-4
vs 201+: 14-0
Non-DI: 2-0
Good Win: 70. SDSU
Bad Loss: 170. Green Bay, vs 127. WIU

Summit League:
**67. Denver**
70. SDSU
75. NDSU
127. WIU
136. Oakland
241. USD
269. Fort Wayne
284. Kansas City
290. Omaha
326. IUPUI

Bison Non-conference Opponents:
10. Indiana
21. Minnesota
48. Akron
152. Towson
167. Green Bay
171. Morehead State
171. Morehead State
182. YSU
205. JMU
221. Duquesne
229. UND
288. Utah Valley

SDbison
03-04-2013, 06:13 PM
My prediction: Good chance the Bison and Jacks meet in the Summit Tourney Final. Essentially home court for SDSU and Saul's dribble, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, force pass, turnover or bad shot offense wins it for the Jacks. Only way Bison win this game is if they shoot over 60% or break free from the waste time every possession waiting for a better shot, (even so much as to not take an open shot early). I wonder how many Bison fans make the trip to Sioux Falls? My bet is nowhere close to when Woodside was playing. Just sayin..........

HoopsBison
03-04-2013, 06:18 PM
My prediction: Good chance the Bison and Jacks meet in the Summit Tourney Final. Essentially home court for SDSU and Saul's dribble, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, dribble, pass, pass, pass, force pass, turnover or bad shot offense wins it for the Jacks. Only way Bison win this game is if they shoot over 60% or break free from the waste time every possession waiting for a better shot, (even so much as to not take an open shot early). I wonder how many Bison fans make the trip to Sioux Falls? My bet is nowhere close to when Woodside was playing. Just sayin..........

Honest question, did you watch any of the first 18 games or maybe the game on Saturday?

I dont disagree that the Jacks could beat us in the finals, very possibile, but dont agree with the reasoning.

Your bet is also probally safe on the fans, I dont think it will be as high and for lots of reason. SDSU wasnt the favorite and for Bison fans it had been building for years and it was new thing. Still hope for a good showing.

unbison
03-04-2013, 06:40 PM
Honest question, did you watch any of the first 18 games or maybe the game on Saturday?

I dont disagree that the Jacks could beat us in the finals, very possibile, but dont agree with the reasoning.

Your bet is also probally safe on the fans, I dont think it will be as high and for lots of reason. SDSU wasnt the favorite and for Bison fans it had been building for years and it was new thing. Still hope for a good showing.

And sd has said he won't drive across town to see a game..... Just saying

TheBisonator
03-04-2013, 07:02 PM

There was a Hoth blizzard that week which shut down i-29, plus any cold-temperature surviving microbes. Hell, I wasn't even there, and I was the "superfan" at the time of Woody.

NDSUFan_Sav
03-04-2013, 09:39 PM

Omaha is not very good.

On that note though we will win the tourney and get to the sweet 16 imo....Sweet 16 or Bust!

silkamilkamonico
03-04-2013, 09:44 PM
Trying to make sense of an sdbison basketball game analysis is like a european soccer fan trying to make sense an an american football game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

HoopsBison
03-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Omaha is not very good.

On that note though we will win the tourney and get to the sweet 16 imo....Sweet 16 or Bust!

You are right, Omaha isnt very good but they arent flat out awful, I think a lot more had to do with the way the Bison were playing. The offense was back and moving the ball around and getting easy shots the way was during the 15-3 stretch. Having Braun back just makes life so much easier for Bjorklund, Wirght, and LA.

NDSUstudent
03-04-2013, 10:00 PM
We did limit Omaha to 57 points at home, no other team has held them under 70 at home. Sad how some give our defense no love, Kenpom has us at #33 in the country in adjusted defensive efficiency. Which is extremely impressive....defense is what wins come tournament time.

Woodside played out of his mind vs Kansas in the dance but we couldn't get stops, KU got whatever they wanted when they needed it.

SDbison
03-04-2013, 10:31 PM
Trying to make sense of an sdbison basketball game analysis is like a european soccer fan trying to make sense an an american football game.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2 ha ha ha you so funny!

SDbison
03-04-2013, 10:35 PM
We did limit Omaha to 57 points at home, no other team has held them under 70 at home. Sad how some give our defense no love, Kenpom has us at #33 in the country in adjusted defensive efficiency. Which is extremely impressive....defense is what wins come tournament time.

Woodside played out of his mind vs Kansas in the dance but we couldn't get stops, KU got whatever they wanted when they needed it. Funny thing though.........when the Bison play a really good team the Bison O takes a vacation and that great Bison defense just isn't so great..........usually results in a L for Saul and company. Need some offense to go with that D. Damn this sounds like Bison football..........only difference with football you can get away with it more as the defense can score on a turnover and there are special teams points too.

unbison
03-04-2013, 10:54 PM
Funny thing though.........when the Bison play a really good team the Bison O takes a vacation and that great Bison defense just isn't so great..........usually results in a L for Saul and company. Need some offense to go with that D. Damn this sounds like Bison football..........only difference with football you can get away with it more as the defense can score on a turnover and there are special teams points too.
They did have 22 wins against the toughest schedule in d1 history!
You can also score on turnovers in basketball.... Not sure where you watch the game?