PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Lacrosse season

moosbah
02-27-2013, 05:38 PM
Any one else excited for the lacrosse season to start?!

Our team should be pretty good this year. Hope to catch a couple of games in MN.

Go Bison!

scbison91
03-13-2013, 12:46 AM
Finally, another person who follows lacrosse.. My son is lacrosse player down here in South Carolina which has gotton me very interested in the sport.. I follow NDSU lacrosse and they should be pretty good. I read in inside lacrosse that a few kids decided to go to NDSU instead of a Division III school, just a chance to play on a winning program.. Hopefully good enough that may make it final 16 tournament down in South Carolina and hopefully I will be able to go..

moosbah
03-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Finally, another person who follows lacrosse.. My son is lacrosse player down here in South Carolina which has gotton me very interested in the sport.. I follow NDSU lacrosse and they should be pretty good. I read in inside lacrosse that a few kids decided to go to NDSU instead of a Division III school, just a chance to play on a winning program.. Hopefully good enough that may make it final 16 tournament down in South Carolina and hopefully I will be able to go..

I live in a community where the game is exploding and my kid can't get enough of it.

Really hoping to see SU play in Collegeville, or vs St Thomas this year. Supposedly we are going to be good. Beating UST would be a big step for our program.

scbison91
03-17-2013, 10:13 PM
It going like crazy in part of South Carolina.. This spring more kids registerd for spring lacrosse than baseball in our city right outside of Charleston... It is amazing because baseball is still big sport here..

moosbah
03-26-2013, 02:44 PM
It going like crazy in part of South Carolina.. This spring more kids registerd for spring lacrosse than baseball in our city right outside of Charleston... It is amazing because baseball is still big sport here..

Similar situation in the community I live in. Growth is up 200% from the previous year. Great trend.

Fast50Dad
03-26-2013, 02:54 PM
Received an email for youth lacrosse:

There is an informational meeting for youth lacrosse on Tuesday March 26th at 6:30pm at Fargo South High School (commons area) to gauge interest. Please pass the word to others.

moosbah
03-27-2013, 02:39 PM
Received an email for youth lacrosse:

There is an informational meeting for youth lacrosse on Tuesday March 26th at 6:30pm at Fargo South High School (commons area) to gauge interest. Please pass the word to others.

If you should go, PLEASE make sure they don't say it's like hockey on grass. If they do, leave.

BlueBisonRock
03-27-2013, 06:48 PM
If you should go, PLEASE make sure they don't say it's like hockey on grass. If they do, leave.

Yeah. The hockey hair is bad enough, but encouraging these kids to get high all day goes beyond acceptable behavior.

runtheoption
04-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Yeah. The hockey hair is bad enough, but encouraging these kids to get high all day goes beyond acceptable behavior.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

moosbah
04-09-2013, 04:57 PM
Good win, paired with a tough loss this last weekend.

Not happy I'm not going to be able to see the game at SJU this week. Hoping it gets postponed!

moosbah
04-16-2013, 03:27 PM
Next is the true test of how far this team has come. St. Thomasina is the hurdle to clear.

moosbah
04-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Saw that the home game against St. Thomasina got moved to their campus due to "circumstances beyond our control". Anyone know what the deal was?? Moving that game to their field is a BIG deal for that game. We ended up losing 10-4. Suckage!

moosbah
04-26-2013, 07:21 PM
Playoff game vs. St. Johns at Concordia - St. Paul, Saturday at 1:00. If you need a way so spend a nice afternoon in the cities, head over.

moosbah
04-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Trekked over to see the game versus St. Johns in St. Paul on Saturday. We lost 12-2 and it wasn't that close. This program, while it looks polished and well run, is in serious need of practice on fundamentals. Sloppy passes, poor decisions and shoddy defense led to our very rapid demise. It was difficult to sit and watch an NDSU athletics team really struggle. :facepalm:

moosbah
05-06-2013, 04:06 PM
Next game is playoff against Liberty on 5/13. Tough test, but you have to get over these hurdles to advance the program. Hopefully the time off has lead to some good practice.

moosbah
05-13-2013, 06:02 PM
Season ended with an overtime loss to Liberty. 12-11.