PDA

View Full Version : NDSU/SDSU Attendance

twowheels
11-13-2006, 12:14 PM
Even though Cal Poly's game was not a sell out the fantastic noise that was generated by the attending crowd was simply fantastic.

NDSU took away home field advantage when playing Minnesota with their attendance.

The Packs took away the Viking's home field advantage yesterday, (what a sad game).

Will SDSU have the possibility of taking away home field advantage from NDSU? I know of a lady who has attended SDSU games for years, home and away. She marches up and down with a big cow bell and she can be heard. We have been able to clearly identify her over the radio many times.

So, will the NDSU family rally to it's finest, will students not take off early for Thanksgiving and will home field advantage still be in NDSU's pocket?

tony
11-13-2006, 12:39 PM
I think the students have class on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I kinda think there will be a lot of them at the game.

mebison
11-13-2006, 01:05 PM
I think the students have class on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. I kinda think there will be a lot of them at the game.

I agree, in my time (a couple years ago) only the most bold of slackers took ALL of Thanksgiving week off. In fact, many profs scheduled tests during that week so we had to be there.

TheBisonator
11-13-2006, 03:18 PM
Student attendance on Saturday may exceed that of the C-SP game. There'll probably be over 4,000 students there. You can count on it.

broke_back_mnt
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
That will leave just enough room for the SDSU fans and some of the hunters that will come in out of the cold.

kab1one
11-13-2006, 03:36 PM
So what the real attendance on Saturday? They announced 14,000+ but I don't think so.

Gamehunter
11-13-2006, 03:39 PM
Even though Cal Poly's game was not a sell out the fantastic noise that was generated by the attending crowd was simply fantastic.

NDSU took away home field advantage when playing Minnesota with their attendance.

The Packs took away the Viking's home field advantage yesterday, (what a sad game).

Will SDSU have the possibility of taking away home field advantage from NDSU? *I know of a lady who has attended SDSU games for years, home and away. *She marches up and down with a big cow bell and she can be heard. *We have been able to clearly identify her over the radio many times.

So, will the NDSU family rally to it's finest, will students not take off early for Thanksgiving and will home field advantage still be in NDSU's pocket?

There is a better chance of Savannah State making the I-AA playoffs this year.

99Bison
11-13-2006, 03:59 PM
So what the real attendance on Saturday? They announced 14,000+ but I don't think so.

I am sure it was real. Excluding the students there were more people than any other game this year in the seats.

TheBisonator
11-13-2006, 04:10 PM

I am sure it was real. Excluding the students there were more people than any other game this year in the seats.

Yeah, the non-student crowd was probably the biggest all year. I was really surprised that the upper corners of the east grandstand were close to full.

BigBison
11-13-2006, 04:27 PM

Will SDSU have the possibility of taking away home field advantage from NDSU? *I know of a lady who has attended SDSU games for years, home and away. *She marches up and down with a big cow bell and she can be heard. *We have been able to clearly identify her over the radio many times.

So your saying some lady with a cow bell is going to take away our home field? HAHAHAHA I'll follow her up and down the FFD with a bigger cow bell and a air horn if i have too. ;D

roadwarrior
11-13-2006, 06:29 PM
I hope the lady with the cowbell shows up because that will just light the fire under the Bison fans to make enough noise to drown out her cowbell.

heymch86
11-13-2006, 06:36 PM
Student attendance on Saturday may exceed that of the C-SP game. There'll probably be over 4,000 students there. You can count on it.

Without a doubt! There is a huge buzz on campus about this upcoming game. Everyone will be in town because a lot of students went home this past weekend and will be going home next wednesday for Thanksgiving

NDSUFREAK10
11-13-2006, 10:37 PM
So is there any announcements around the school by any players or coached to rest up you voice and not talk to the students can make the most noise they have made in their life??

Cowbell girl has nothing on us.....

Steph_Popowski
11-13-2006, 11:40 PM
I will bring my cow-bell and clappers; Very safe to say nobody can beat my "cowbelling". *They will try *:) And you know if they are NDSU fans I hope they do try...We are going to make/need some noice and cheer to Bison on to VICTORY and the Dakota Marker will stay home!!! *We will be there LOUD and PROUD!!! The "old" #69 crowd has been waiting to get us all together again and have some crazy FUN and cheer the Bison once again!!! *Too bad it has to be the last game of the season will ALL get together!! *IT WILL BE GREAT!!!

Jdubs21
11-14-2006, 12:15 AM
if there is an open seat on saturday i am gonna be pissed

pmp6nl
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
So is there any announcements around the school by any players or coached to rest up you voice and not talk to the students can make the most noise they have made in their life??

They are working on this. They are planning on bringing the Dakota Marker to the Union, I have also heard they will be doing filers, newspaper stuff, and emails.

... That was your question wasn't it?

bisonjay
11-14-2006, 12:38 AM
sounds like I've talked my buddy from Cincinnati into coming to the game on Saturday.... so another seat for the good guys

bison_once
11-14-2006, 12:52 AM
I've recruited immediate family and extended family and friends. All totaled, about 18 +/- more screaming people in the stands. I would challenge everyone to drag 1 or 2 more people to the game. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever, for this game not be very near sold out.

NDSUFREAK10
11-14-2006, 12:52 AM

They are working on this. *They are planning on bringing the Dakota Marker to the Union, I have also heard they will be doing filers, newspaper stuff, and emails.

... That was your question wasn't it?

yeah, that answered my question in my terms.

Tatanka
11-14-2006, 01:09 AM
I've got relatives from Missouri coming up for the game. We will be bringing the noise with us.

bisonmike
11-14-2006, 12:04 PM
I think this is going to be big. I'm from SoDak and I know people who are coming up. These are people who didn't go to NDSU or SDSU. They just want to see a good football game and think it would be fun to see the Dakota's play each other. This is exactly what we need to make this take off. Casual fan interest is key to making this a sell out year after year.