PDA

View Full Version : Time to move up

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
The best fcs game drew horribly in ratings this last yr..bately beat the worst ranked bowl game. Ndsu needs to move up in football.

Who cares about the other sports. Scheduling will be way easier in fbs. Ndsu can then schedule teams who no longer can barely afford a box of mac n cheese.

By the time the transition is done and the super conference are complete, ndsu will be able to still win nattys against mid majors while the big bcs schools get their owb.

Im drunk. And lonely. Just need to get it out there that while app and gsu plan on movin up..ndsu needs to too. Quit lollygaggin with poor schools like montana state.

Free lakes

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

KSBisonFan
02-23-2013, 10:44 PM
You had me at "Im drunk."

AjaxTheMighty
02-23-2013, 10:48 PM
The best fcs game drew horribly in ratings this last yr..bately beat the worst ranked bowl game. Ndsu needs to move up in football.

Who cares about the other sports. Scheduling will be way easier in fbs. Ndsu can then schedule teams who no longer can barely afford a box of mac n cheese.

By the time the transition is done and the super conference are complete, ndsu will be able to still win nattys against mid majors while the big bcs schools get their owb.

Im drunk. And lonely. Just need to get it out there that while app and gsu plan on movin up..ndsu needs to too. Quit lollygaggin with poor schools like montana state.

Free lakes

Blah blah blah! You are drunk if you think ratings would change if we were FBS. Maybe your other arguments hold water, but the ratings part is tomfoolery! KAPOW!

roadwarrior
02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Join Teammakers. Make it happen.

ndsubison1
02-23-2013, 11:03 PM

Free lakes

getting non-conference home games would be even tougher imo

onbison09
02-23-2013, 11:34 PM
Ohio lost $79,000+ at their bowl game they won

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2013, 11:35 PM
getting non-conference home games would be even tougher imo

How...you get fbs and fcs teams to choose from.

BisonTeacher
02-23-2013, 11:38 PM
I wish someone would start another thread abour ndsu moving to fbs. Its been like a day or two since ive seen one./ purple

NDSUstudent
02-23-2013, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure it is harder either, you have 12 games to schedule with instead of 11 plus one game vs an FCS.

If we went FBS we could do some interesting things like how host a Wisconsin or Iowa in the Vikings new stadium. The hard part is getting a conference to invite us, there is only one option.

SlickVic
02-23-2013, 11:42 PM
Chea longhorn leghorn lets pump it up rainforest style move up now so we can talk smack with the big leagues instead of redhawks crap this buds for u +++++

MNLonghorn10
02-23-2013, 11:45 PM
I wish someone would start another thread abour ndsu moving to fbs. Its been like a day or two since ive seen one./ purple

It needs to be done before half the programs are dropped due to funding issues.

devin45k
02-23-2013, 11:47 PM
I used to always want to be FBS but after some time. I would only want to be FBS if they had a playoff system like the FCS. The FBS Championship game was a joke this year. Who honestly thought that Notre Dame was the 1st or 2nd best team in the nation going into the game?

Elvis was a Bison
02-24-2013, 12:54 AM
Why do we keep seeing this same lame-ass crap every few days. Some folks need to get an f'n life. Sober up!!!

EndZoneQB
02-24-2013, 01:32 AM
Why do we keep seeing this same lame-ass crap every few days. Some folks need to get an f'n life. Sober up!!!

Bro is MAD!

Let's do it. Meow.

loudsilverado
02-24-2013, 01:38 AM
Join Teammakers. Make it happen.

Maybe he should actually go to NDSU and get a degree first?

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 01:39 AM
Bro is MAD!

Let's do it. Meow.

This is the correct response. what is ndsu accomploshing stayin in a league who whores themselves out. You guys do realize these programs are poor as fuck.

Why associate ourselves with this?

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 01:42 AM
Maybe he should actually go to NDSU and get a degree first?

U mad? a degree from ndsu is as good of a degree as one from minnesota state community & tech college.

BisonEngrGirl
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
1. Beating a dead horse.
2. I do not possess the powers necessary to translate or understand anything Slick says. Ever.

P.S. I'm sober and reaaaalllly want to talk about something other than the FBS.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

CaBisonFan
02-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Whenever there's discussions about our schedule, the future, etc...it's inevitable that moving up is brought up.

That's because NDSU has been playing 'out of its natural division' for much of the last 50 years or more.

Think about it. We've won a national championship an average of every 5 years in that time span...and have come close several other times.

Then...we go on the road to play an fbs program and discover that we're already playing at their level...without their number of scholarships.

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 02:08 AM
1. Beating a dead horse.
2. I do not possess the powers necessary to translate or understand anything Slick says. Ever.

P.S. I'm sober and reaaaalllly want to talk about something other than the FBS.

Id take slick over gt as ad anyday of the week

loudsilverado
02-24-2013, 02:08 AM
U mad? a degree from ndsu is as good of a degree as one from minnesota state community & tech college.

I hope you are joking and I can't possibly be the only one this pisses off. You are comparing the education at NDSU to a tech college??

BisonTeacher
02-24-2013, 02:14 AM
I hope you are joking and I can't possibly be the only one this pisses off. You are comparing the education at NDSU to a tech college??

Tony...i think someone has hacked longhorns account.

aces1180
02-24-2013, 02:49 AM

LMAO...I have diplomas from both NDSU and MSCTC...Considering I did MSCTC online for fun (employer paid), after my time at NDSU, I can definitely say you're trolling.

BisonTeacher
02-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Someone should start a thread about the possibility of renewing the bison un_ game.

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 03:08 AM
LMAO...I have diplomas from both NDSU and MSCTC...Considering I did MSCTC online for fun (employer paid), after my time at NDSU, I can definitely say you're trolling.

Lmao... So a diploma from ndsu took you far in life. LMAO.

4RM we all know youre a loser. Please dont try impress us with the fact youre an ndsu alum.

aces1180
02-24-2013, 03:13 AM

4RM we all know youre a loser. Please dont try impress us with the fact youre an ndsu alum.

It did...Thanks. I have three college degrees. I enjoy learning new things and I like being really successful in my career....Both seem to go hand-in-hand.

SDbison
02-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Seriously, I believe it is time to start planning a move to FBS. Start understanding how much more funding is needed and where it will come from, etc. Contact the conferences around us to see who might be interested, and show them how our fans are already like FBS and travel well. Also, NDSU's current record so far against FBS. Wow, I believe some of you were happy with DII. Time for NDSU to move up where it belongs. Yes I have been drinking, but I am not drunk.

56BISON73
02-24-2013, 03:15 AM
Someone should start a thread about the possibility of renewing the bison un_ game.

Brilliant. I cant believe nobody wants to talk about renewing the rivalry.

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 03:24 AM
Seriously, I believe it is time to start planning a move to FBS. Start understanding how much more funding is needed and where it will come from, etc. Contact the conferences around us to see who might be interested, and show them how our fans are already like FBS and travel well. Also, NDSU's current record so far against FBS. Wow, I believe some of you were happy with DII. Time for NDSU to move up where it belongs. Yes I have been drinking, but I am not drunk.

This guy gets it. Of course he always has so...

BisonTeacher
02-24-2013, 03:35 AM
Brilliant. I cant believe nobody wants to talk about renewing the rivalry.

Think of the national exposure a bowl game would bring....and the gift bags!....and think of how much fun the kids would have!!!! /all purple!!!

You guys realize that we wont always be this good right? I hate to anger the bisonville gods but we wont always win the fcs championship. Ive said it before ill say it again... sometimes i think certain people are delusional enough to think we would win the bcs title.

loudsilverado
02-24-2013, 03:36 AM

How about you go f*ck yourself.

BisonTeacher
02-24-2013, 03:40 AM
I bet if we were FBS my Bison Illustrated would have arrived by now.

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 03:45 AM

Ohhh i struck a nerve

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Think of the national exposure a bowl game would bring....and the gift bags!....and think of how much fun the kids would have!!!! /all purple!!!

You guys realize that we wont always be this good right? I hate to anger the bisonville gods but we wont always win the fcs championship. Ive said it before ill say it again... sometimes i think certain people are delusional enough to think we would win the bcs title.
Dude. Half of these universities on this level cant even afford to pay attention.

Ndsu football is legit. We have a legit coach who will stay in fargo forever

Why not explore bigger and better options??

westnodak93bison
02-24-2013, 03:53 AM
What happens to women's sports if FB adds 22 more schollys by going FBS? Does title IX require us to fund 22 more for the gals?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 03:54 AM
What happens to women's sports if FB adds 22 more schollys by going FBS? Does title IX require us to fund 22 more for the gals?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Cut em. Football is.king.

BisonTeacher
02-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Dude. Half of these universities on this level cant even afford to pay attention.

Ndsu football is legit. We have a legit coach who will stay in fargo forever

Why not explore bigger and better options??

No you bastard...whats legit is me not possessing my bison illustrated championship edition yet. Im on the verge man....DONT PUSH ME!

BisonEngrGirl
02-24-2013, 03:57 AM

Give MNlonghorn a break. He is admittedly drunk and lonely. And apparently Bisonville is his go-to in this situation. Perspective!

MNLonghorn10
02-24-2013, 05:23 AM
Killdeer sucks!

Jk killdeerbison..youre legit.

onbison09
02-24-2013, 05:33 AM
This is the correct response. what is ndsu accomploshing stayin in a league who whores themselves out. You guys do realize these programs are poor as fuck.

Why associate ourselves with this?

A TON of FBS programs are poor too (see Ohio post)

BisonEngrGirl
02-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Killdeer sucks!

Jk killdeerbison..youre legit.

Killdeer does suck a lot these days. Maybe I should move to MN and get my head on straight :D

56BISON73
02-24-2013, 06:12 AM
For those that keep stating that we need to look at what the move to FBS will cost and explore what we need to do etc etc etc etc. Did it ever occur to you that NDSU already knows what the costs will be and what it takes to make the move to FBS? Do you not think that NDSU doesnt know what the Title 9 requirements will be? If not then you are basically calling Gene Taylor a moron and incompetent. Does NDSU have to continually deliver sound bites of their information gathering to appease your need for a jizz party? Why arent they going to tell you they have this information? Because some idiot is going to declare---"" we are moving to FBS"" and the ensuing shit storm that will follow. Information gathering is just that. Nothing more.

SlickVic
02-24-2013, 06:17 AM
you just described yourself there brimley ndsu gotta be fbs everyone be sucking of our you know whats we feeding the machine we are the machine bro longhorn and sd are right the naysayers are wrong you are same jackals that wanted to stay d2

DIBISON
02-24-2013, 06:18 AM
Stupid Thread! It's not even worth discussion at this time!

SlickVic
02-24-2013, 06:22 AM
huh your name is d1bison not fcs bison pump it up yo fbs is where we belong not the jv we already got da bling now lets get the next big thing

SamsRams
02-24-2013, 08:56 AM
Ban Slickvic....Save Braincells

ndsubison1
02-24-2013, 09:01 AM
How...you get fbs and fcs teams to choose from.

Cuz we would be a bottom team. Good luck getting a home game

Bisonfan1
02-24-2013, 12:38 PM
Lucky 13 and The Northern explains some of the posts here. I have from a reliable source :D - I think it's very healthy to always explore other options. If this would ever happen im thinking about 10 years, and this will have alot to do with the sucess accomplished in each sport. At present, I see no rush to do this, lets reel off some more National Championships, and get some of the other sports at a higher level, some are close, some are not. Some of the facilities need a major upgrade (see 20 threads on this subject) I would bet someone is allready on this at some level and it is discussed. I dont believe the time to move is now, but very well could be in a matter of years with serious discussion. As Road posted, join Team Makers, donate as much as you can. It's all about money, money wins Championships, money builds better and larger facilitys, scholorships etc. Until then, enjoy the ride and enjoy the playoff system and thank god for the vision of some or NDSU would be sitting in the D2 cesspool.

WYOBISONMAN
02-24-2013, 01:18 PM
My god.....this thread is a train wreck.