PDA

View Full Version : RPI Update: Bison have a chance to add a quality win this week

NDSUstudent
02-18-2013, 07:25 PM
RPI is from the rpiforecast

NDSU
Record/Summit: 20-8, 11-4
RPI: 81
vs top 50: 0-3
vs 50-100: 1-1
vs 100-200: 5-4
vs 200+: 12-0
Non-DI: 2-0
Good Win: 78. SDSU
Bad Loss: 137. Green Bay

Summit League:
78. SDSU
82. NDSU
**89. Denver
102. WIU
117. Oakland
270. USD
285. Fort Wayne
287. Omaha
292. Kansas City
309. IUPUI

Bison Non-conference Opponents:
8. Indiana
15. Minnesota
46. Akron
137. Green Bay
165. Towson
168. Morehead State
168. Morehead State
184. YSU
202. JMU
213. Duquesne
249. UND
283. Utah Valley

Summit League BB Matchups.....(winners in bold)

Friday
81. NDSU at 46. Akron(ESPN2)

Saturday
78. SDSU at 103. Murray Sate(ESPN2)
208. Cleveland State at 102. WIU
168. Morehead State at 117. Oakland
249. UND at 287. UNO
292. UMKC at 248. Tenn Tech(OVC TV)
246. Bowling Green at 285 IPFW
303. Milwaukee at 309. IUPUI

Sunday
270. USD at 322. Montana State(Big Sky TV)

NDSUstudent
02-20-2013, 02:16 AM
UNO beats Chicago State 79-75. Indiana also beat Michigan State, moving their RPI to 6. NDSU is remaining steady at #78, still good enough to be in the NIT at-large discussion but a win at Akron would be tremendous boost on that front. More importantly it would also help in potential NCAA tournament seeding.

There are two summit games tomorrow Oakland at IPFW(huge game for seeding purposes) and SDSU at Cal State Bakersfield.

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 12:55 AM
IPFW beats Oakland 77-71.

The Bison can clinch at least a #3 seed with a win at UNO next week.

Herd
02-21-2013, 01:26 AM
IPFW beats Oakland 77-71.

The Bison can clinch at least a #3 seed with a win at UNO next week.

Whats the better matchup for NDSU in Sioux Falls? Is it the 3 seed against Western, or the 4 seed against SDSU? I feel like I'd rather play SDSU. (no picnic in SF)

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 01:29 AM
Whats the better matchup for NDSU in Sioux Falls? Is it the 3 seed against Western, or the 4 seed against SDSU? I feel like I'd rather play SDSU. (no picnic in SF)

It is really close between the two but SDSU is basically playing a home game, so give me WIU. I don't think we'll shoot 15% for an entire half again next we play them.

aces1180
02-21-2013, 01:30 AM

We'll probably have to beat them both to make the Big Dance...However, I think we match-up with WIU better with Braun back (assuming he makes it back).

Strommer10
02-21-2013, 01:41 AM
We'll probably have to beat them both to make the Big Dance...However, I think we match-up with WIU better with Braun back (assuming he makes it back).
This^. It really doesn't matter which team they play first.

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 02:13 AM
Kampe is not pleased with his squad tonight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-cPZkkkS50

roadwarrior
02-21-2013, 02:17 AM
Kampe is not pleased with his squad tonight....

He detailed it well, all without saying choke job.

Tatanka
02-21-2013, 03:11 AM
He detailed it well, all without saying choke job.
Beat me to it. :D

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 04:27 AM
Jacks get homered on the road and lose at Cal State Bakersfield.

HoopsBison
02-21-2013, 04:31 AM

Sounds like SDSU got homered pretty bad, but I dont feel bad for them at all. They constantly talk about how we complain about the refs and now they can have a taste of it.

Karma sucks bunnies.

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 04:36 AM
Wow, that loss drops them 10 spots in RPI.

SDbison
02-21-2013, 04:38 AM
Ha ha jackbunnies..........

DePereBisonFan
02-21-2013, 02:03 PM
Wow, those are two very surprising losses. Apparently anything can happen at anytime.

jackrabbit1979
02-21-2013, 04:52 PM
Absolutely horrible loss for SDSU, even though I'm not sure how CSUB's record is that bad as they have played SDSU twice and tough both times - both at home and at Frost.

Team played like crap (outside of Wolters who nearly had a triple double). Missed three free throws (including two by Wolters) in the last minutes of the 2nd OT that could have helped seal the game. Even with the poor overall performance, still had an absolute chance to win at the end. Our team and fans have no right to blame refs with the performance of the team, but I've never heard our radio announcer (Tyler Merriam, one of the best young guys in the business) openly question calls as much as he did last night. He normally doesn't question calls on the air at all. Nagy was all over the refs the whole game too - it was so quiet in the gym you could hear every word on the radio broadcast.

Worst call of the night: SDSU is up 1 end of the 2nd OT, CSUB takes shot and misses, Wolters rebounds the miss as the clock is running out. Wait for it...foul called on SDSU player Chad White away from the ball, I'm guessing battling for rebounding position, with 0.5 seconds left in the game. Ridiculous. CSUB makes both free throws with under a second left and wins.

Tatanka
02-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Absolutely horrible loss for SDSU, even though I'm not sure how CSUB's record is that bad as they have played SDSU twice and tough both times - both at home and at Frost.

Team played like crap (outside of Wolters who nearly had a triple double). Missed three free throws (including two by Wolters) in the last minutes of the 2nd OT that could have helped seal the game. Even with the poor overall performance, still had an absolute chance to win at the end. Our team and fans have no right to blame refs with the performance of the team, but I've never heard our radio announcer (Tyler Merriam, one of the best young guys in the business) openly question calls as much as he did last night. He normally doesn't question calls on the air at all. Nagy was all over the refs the whole game too - it was so quiet in the gym you could hear every word on the radio broadcast.

Worst call of the night: SDSU is up 1 end of the 2nd OT, CSUB takes shot and misses, Wolters rebounds the miss as the clock is running out. Wait for it...foul called on SDSU player Chad White away from the ball, I'm guessing battling for rebounding position, with 0.5 seconds left in the game. Ridiculous. CSUB makes both free throws with under a second left and wins.Welcome to karmaville.

jack power
02-21-2013, 08:15 PM
Meh, Jacks should be able to overcome any type of officiating and beat a team like that. Plenty of chances..

BTW, what RPI site do you use for up to date numbers,Live-RPI.com ? TIA

NDSUstudent
02-21-2013, 09:06 PM
Meh, Jacks should be able to overcome any type of officiating and beat a team like that. Plenty of chances..

BTW, what RPI site do you use for up to date numbers,Live-RPI.com ? TIA

Live-rpi.com is my favorite, they update pretty quickly and seem pretty close to the NCAA.

jackrabbit1979
02-22-2013, 01:55 PM

Worst call of the night: SDSU is up 1 end of the 2nd OT, CSUB takes shot and misses, Wolters rebounds the miss as the clock is running out. Wait for it...foul called on SDSU player Chad White away from the ball, I'm guessing battling for rebounding position, with 0.5 seconds left in the game. Ridiculous. CSUB makes both free throws with under a second left and wins.

Highlights of the phantom "foul" if anybody wants to check them out. Called with 0.5 seconds on the clock in 2nd OT.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24500&Itemid=58#video

Strommer10
02-22-2013, 08:45 PM
Highlights of the phantom "foul" if anybody wants to check them out. Called with 0.5 seconds on the clock in 2nd OT.

http://www.kdlt.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=24500&Itemid=58#video
That's a tough call, but like others have already alluded: karma's a *****

jackrabbit1979
02-23-2013, 05:20 AM
That's a tough call, but like others have already alluded: karma's a *****

Karma for what?

NDSUstudent
02-23-2013, 08:00 PM
The Summit picks up its first Bracketbuster win....

Omaha 83 North Dakota 75 FINAL...UN_ falls to 0-4 vs the Summit this year and 3-13 all-time.

ndsubison1
02-23-2013, 08:46 PM
Karma for what?

for recruiting wolters? ;)

HoopsBison
02-23-2013, 08:51 PM
Karma for what?

My guess is for all the SDSUfans saying how much we NDSU fans complain and blame the refs, and how you SDSU fans would never do that. Can't have it both ways.

silkamilkamonico
02-23-2013, 10:49 PM
Sdsu fans will he blaming everybody after this year when wolters wont be there to carry them through.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

JACKRABBITFAN
02-23-2013, 10:50 PM
It is still February is it not? Oakland does not have losses in February, so said Coach Kempe before playing SDSU and NDSU. CHOKE CHOKED IN FEBRUARY. I love it. As far as the refing in CSUB, no comment, except, we were rubed out of town. Now we know how you Bison fans feel.

KSBisonFan
02-23-2013, 10:54 PM
It is still February is it not? Oakland does not have losses in February, so said Coach Kempe before playing SDSU and NDSU. CHOKE CHOKED IN FEBRUARY. I love it. As far as the refing in CSUB, no comment, except, we were rubed out of town. Now we know how you Bison fans feel.

You are suspended for 2 games....

NDSUstudent
02-23-2013, 11:23 PM
Oakland beats Morehead State 82-79 in OT
IUPUI loses to Milwaukee 95-88 in OT

Summit is now 2-2 in Bracketbusters.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 12:38 AM
The Jacks are taking it to Murray State right now.

AjaxTheMighty
02-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Anybody notice how SDSU moves around constantly. I don't see 4 guys stand at the three point line at all. A lot of movement, cutting, and solid screens. Jealous!

NorthernBison
02-24-2013, 12:49 AM
6 point lead at the half for the Jacks after being up by as many as 14.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Well SDSU is a top 40 offensive team for a reason, it is what they do well. This was a good match up for the Jacks, Murray isn't a great defensive team.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 12:57 AM
IPFW beats Bowling Green 88-75...Summit now 3-2 in Bracketbusters.

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2013, 01:01 AM
Team Wolters looks real good. If they play to their level their isnt a summit team thats going to knock them off in the tournament.

AjaxTheMighty
02-24-2013, 01:31 AM
Team Wolters looks real good. If they play to their level their isnt a summit team thats going to knock them off in the tournament.

They are falling apart now, but your statement is dead on!

silkamilkamonico
02-24-2013, 01:41 AM
Yea i wonder how bad wolters is really hurting.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 01:44 AM
WIU loses to a bad Cleveland State team at home.

NorthernBison
02-24-2013, 01:46 AM
That went South in a big way

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 01:48 AM
Summit tournament is wide open between NDSU-SDSU-Oakland-WIU.

AjaxTheMighty
02-24-2013, 01:51 AM
Wow! SDSU went ice cold from 3 in the 2nd half. Dykstra stopped hitting the rim altogether. Wolters folded under the pressure. But hurt??

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 01:56 AM
SDSU outscored 40-23 in the second half.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 01:58 AM
Future Summit member Denver wins at UNI, they will be very solid next year.

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2013, 02:08 AM
Excited to get our horse back this week!!!!! Creighton has lost 6 of 11. Sdsu doesn't know that u can substitute in other players if someone gets tired.

wow
02-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Excited to get our horse back this week!!!!! Creighton has lost 6 of 11. Sdsu doesn't know that u can substitute in other players if someone gets tired.

No kidding. We might as well offer 6 scholarships and put the rest of the money into the football program.

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2013, 02:12 AM
Next year we add AJ Jacobson, Carlin Dupree, Joel Lindberg, dexter Werner and lose Nate Zastrow. A lot of ball to be played still this year, but exciting to get healthy and add more talent next year.

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2013, 02:15 AM
[QUOTE=wow;718782]No kidding. We might as well offer 6 scholarships and put the rest of the money into the football program.[/QUOT

I deleted the rest of my post which was really snotty and arrogant. I was going to say the same thing. Nagy has brought in a ton of kids recently. Some have left, some have been asked to leave, right now it's wolters or bust. He was hurt in the second half tonight while playing defense

wow
02-24-2013, 02:29 AM
I deleted the rest of my post which was really snotty and arrogant. I was going to say the same thing. Nagy has brought in a ton of kids recently. Some have left, some have been asked to leave, right now it's wolters or bust. He was hurt in the second half tonight while playing defense

Ha.

The funny thing is, IMO we have some talent on the bench. Not great talent, but enough talent to spell starters for a minute or two here and there. A minute or two adds up over the course of a game/season.

Heemstra, Hoorstman, Prince, and Bittle (hurt) have all been productive at times when given a chance to play. Heemstra has had several good games lately, and a decent first half tonight, then disappears in the second half. Incredibly frustrating, especially when thinking about next year.

I actually feel good about the kids we have. Personally, and I would never say this on the SDSU forum cause I'd get crucified, I think Nagy is putting all his chips on the table and riding Nate HARD, hoping for a better job offer elsewhere.

Mr. Burgundy
02-24-2013, 02:52 AM
Nagy has almost left recently so I agree with u. He rode the guys hard tonight and didn't manage the clock. The shooters won't get the same looks next year without Nate. Fiegen is a solid nit special player too.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 08:51 PM
USD 85 Montana State 74 FINAL

Summit goes 4-5 in Bracketbusters

KSBisonFan
02-24-2013, 08:58 PM
USD 85 Montana State 74 FINAL

Summit goes 4-5 in Bracketbusters

Top of the Summit was disappointing to say the least with only Oakland getting a W of the top 4 Summit teams.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 09:05 PM
Top of the Summit was disappointing to say the least with only Oakland getting a W of the top 4 Summit teams.

WIU's loss was especially disappointing, Cleveland State is pretty average. At least Akron and Murray State are going to be playing in postseason and are good home teams.

KSBisonFan
02-24-2013, 09:32 PM
WIU's loss was especially disappointing, Cleveland State is pretty average. At least Akron and Murray State are going to be playing in postseason and are good home teams.

Agreed and WIU was at home. Denver's win at UNI was the best of the bunch IMO.

NDSUstudent
02-24-2013, 09:56 PM
I guess I should cut WIU some slack though considering Terrell Parks had an injury and had to leave the game. He is one player they can't afford to lose.

What could be an even bigger loss for the Leathernecks came midway through the second half when Terell Parks left the game with what appeared to be an ankle injury.

“Terell is hurt,” coach Jim Molinari said on the Leatherneck Sports Network postgame show. “We just have to pray and see what it is,” Molinari added. Parks played 26 minutes and finished with 12 points, eight rebounds, and two blocks.

http://www.mysummitleague.com/western-illinois-loses-to-cleveland-state-loses-terell-parks-in-second-half/