PDA

View Full Version : Montana State Buy-out?

Pages : [1] 2

Da_Bizon
02-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Kolpack just tweeted they bought out our game this fall. Can anyone confirm?

EndZoneQB
02-16-2013, 11:24 PM
There are already two threads on this topic.

SDbison
02-16-2013, 11:39 PM
There are already two threads on this topic. There are? Where? Hope its not in that 16 page thread full of random thoughts (FB related tweet) because that shouldn't count and I am not wasting my time looking for it there.

MNLonghorn10
02-16-2013, 11:40 PM
Fb tweet thread..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

SDbison
02-16-2013, 11:45 PM
Fb tweet thread..

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2 Where is mention of the buyout buried in that worthless thread (post 89)?

HerdBot
02-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Where is mention of the buyout buried in that worthless thread (post 89)?

People here expect everyone to read through 19 pages of crap. Its very silly

And MSU... what a bunch of pussies

SDbison
02-16-2013, 11:50 PM
How about we keep the thread with the particular topic called out in the title of the thread? Radical idea to some of you.

loudsilverado
02-16-2013, 11:52 PM
I would have liked to see DMAC get sacked a few times in the FFD.

aces1180
02-17-2013, 12:01 AM
If you can't beat the best, you might as well run from the best.

Elvis was a Bison
02-17-2013, 12:16 AM
If you can't beat the best, you might as well run from the best.

Kinda like your thread, but I think if you can't beat the best, you might as well HIDE with the rest. Join me as we say.... Bobcats Suck. Bobcats Suck. Bobcats Suck.......

IndyBison
02-17-2013, 12:21 AM
There are? Where? Hope its not in that 16 page thread full of random thoughts (FB related tweet) because that shouldn't count and I am not wasting my time looking for it there.

When in doubt click the New Topics link in the upper left. It will show all unread topics in all forums. It makes the site a lot easier to navigate.

Hansel
02-17-2013, 12:22 AM
When in doubt click the New Topics link in the upper left. It will show all unread topics in all forums. It makes the site a lot easier to navigate.

but not the threads

IndyBison
02-17-2013, 12:51 AM
but not the threads

Why not? Instead of going through each topic you see all the threads with new posts. Then click the button next to the topic and it will go to the first new post just like it does when you read the topics directly.

Hansel
02-17-2013, 12:52 AM
Why not? Instead of going through each topic you see all the threads with new posts. Then click the button next to the topic and it will go to the first new post just like it does when you read the topics directly.

I was referring to navigating those 2 threads in particular.

tcbison
02-17-2013, 12:56 AM
I really hope it was a decent buyout amount. The last time Montana State pulled this I remember the amount was a extremely low amount(like $15,000) but Montana State eventually rescheduled the game instead.

ISXBISON
02-17-2013, 01:00 AM
Izzo just tweeted $100,000

aces1180
02-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Izzo just Tweeted it was $100K...Shit.

IndyBison
02-17-2013, 01:03 AM
I was referring to navigating those 2 threads in particular.

Ok...while there is a lot of thread drift the titles often give you an idea of the topic so you don't have to page through each topic. If you use Tapatalk on your tablet or mobile device you will see it this way anyway.

acf2
02-17-2013, 01:07 AM
Izzo just tweeted $100,000

Is that considered a high amount? normal? low?

Bison Dan
02-17-2013, 01:10 AM
Is that considered a high amount? normal? low?At the time that contract was signed it was about the norm or highter. Not anymore.

aces1180
02-17-2013, 01:20 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/group/homepage/

Well, add MSU to the list of teams that will never play the Herd in a regular season ever again...

KSBisonFan
02-17-2013, 01:26 AM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390293/group/homepage/

Well, add MSU to the list of teams that will never play the Herd in a regular season ever again...

What the hell would the Delaware St decision have to do with MSU deciding to buy us out? God I hope they have to come to Fargo in the playoffs.

Gully
02-17-2013, 01:26 AM
If the NCAA selection committee would start really taking SOS into account, this type of thing would be discouraged. The Big Sky teams play a super easy schedule and are rewarded with high seeds. Stop doing that and make them play somebody.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Mt State is just a complete joke, I guess they didn't want to get worked to start the season like they do every year the playoffs. They are always the most overrated program in the FCS.

Sent from my MB886

tjbison
02-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Mt State is just a complete joke, I guess they didn't want to get worked to start the season like they do every year the playoffs. They are always the most overrated program in the FCS.

Sent from my MB886

Well they dd win a NC in 1984...........

NDSU1980
02-17-2013, 02:12 AM
If the NCAA selection committee would start really taking SOS into account, this type of thing would be discouraged. The Big Sky teams play a super easy schedule and are rewarded with high seeds. Stop doing that and make them play somebody.And it gives Sam Houston an easy route to the title game. Those sky teams are all nothing but limp dicks. None of them play defense and all of them run from the good teams. Pussies. I'm going to keep saying it.

KSBisonFan
02-17-2013, 02:16 AM
And it gives Sam Houston an easy route to the title game. Those sky teams are all nothing but limp dicks. None of them play defense and all of them run from the good teams. Pussies. I'm going to keep saying it.

Mastery of the english language and teh big fluffers right there ^^

MontBison
02-17-2013, 02:22 AM
True story. I banter back and forth with a person pretty connected to Montana State though out the football season. When I came back after Christmas break and asked him what he thought of the national championship game his exact words and I shit you not were "that we got lucky". All that said with a straight face and in complete seriousness. Montana State is a sad ass program that's built on moral victories and winning meaningless conference championships. They are a poor excuse of a college football program

NDSUstudent
02-17-2013, 02:25 AM
And it gives Sam Houston an easy route to the title game. Those sky teams are all nothing but limp dicks. None of them play defense and all of them run from the good teams. Pussies. I'm going to keep saying it.

Montana, CP, EWU and UCD I respect, screw the rest of them.

tjbison
02-17-2013, 02:37 AM
Montana, CP, EWU and UCD I respect, screw the rest of them.

And 2 were not in the Fluffy till this year, 1 of the newcomers made the payoffs

NDSU1980
02-17-2013, 03:21 AM
Montana, CP, EWU and UCD I respect, screw the rest of them.For me, the respect stops at CP and UCD. The rest of the fluffy is just that.

tjbison
02-17-2013, 03:23 AM
For me, the respect stops at CP and UCD. The rest of the fluffy is just that.

No way you can't respect UM..they are legit always, that's not even arguable IMO, just like UNI they are always a force

aces1180
02-17-2013, 03:25 AM

I have no issues with SUU or UNC either...Basically, all the teams we were competed against in the GWFC.

NDSU1980
02-17-2013, 03:26 AM
No way you can't respect UM..they are legit always, that's not even arguable IMO, just like UNI they are always a forceHow do you respect someone who won't even honor their contracts?

tjbison
02-17-2013, 03:28 AM
How do you respect someone who won't even honor their contracts?

Well it depends UM if they come next year has done way more than the boobcats, and if they go to Vermillion this year which it all looks like they will are way ahead of their counterpart...plus they have been over history a stronger program

westnodak93bison
02-17-2013, 03:30 AM
Maybe Montana State needs the money. Most athletic depts are strapped for cash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

NDSUstudent
02-17-2013, 03:30 AM

Well I may hate EWU but I can respect them. The Griz have made amends in my book by agreeing to come Fargo and also going out to play other FCS teams on the road(App State, USD and McNeese).

MNLonghorn10
02-17-2013, 03:39 AM
Meh. theyll probably pussy out too. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here and sayin UM will be legit in their promise. After this year, when NDSU has more natty's than all montana schools combined, they'll likely find a FBS opponent to pay them to go there, citing its a better recruiting trip than visiting NoDak twice in the same year.

theres no point in scheduling home and homes at this level.

I was always against moving up...but for fucks sake, theres a much bigger crop of fish in that sea to play with, and leave this shithole division of football behind and let them worry about cash and whore themselves out for beatdowns on their own. NDSU doesn't need this crap. Half of the teams can't even fill up 50% of their stadiums anyways. I think its time to explore new options...seriously.

tjbison
02-17-2013, 03:40 AM
Well I may hate EWU but I can respect them. The Griz have made amends in my book by agreeing to come Fargo and also going out to play other FCS teams on the road(App State, USD and McNeese).

Exactly, in fact they have jumped up big time in my respect level especially if they show up next year, we have piss pounded the kitties already so screw them I now welcome the Griz to a great tailgate and game

bisonhp330
02-17-2013, 04:41 AM
Meh. theyll probably pussy out too. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here and sayin UM will be legit in their promise. After this year, when NDSU has more natty's than all montana schools combined, they'll likely find a FBS opponent to pay them to go there, citing its a better recruiting trip than visiting NoDak twice in the same year.

theres no point in scheduling home and homes at this level.

I was always against moving up...but for fucks sake, theres a much bigger crop of fish in that sea to play with, and leave this shithole division of football behind and let them worry about cash and whore themselves out for beatdowns on their own. NDSU doesn't need this crap. Half of the teams can't even fill up 50% of their stadiums anyways. I think its time to explore new options...seriously.

deeeeep breath.....deeeeep breath....

http://ih3.redbubble.net/image.13126563.1232/sticker,375x360.u2.png

UTH
02-17-2013, 05:14 AM
There are already two threads on this topic.

No there aren't. This is the only thread that has the words, "Montana", "State" and "buyout" in the title.

At least now there's a reason for a football-related meltdown.:duel:

WYOBISONMAN
02-17-2013, 10:57 AM
The Cats knew coming to Fargo would almost be a sure loss. Totally a puss out to avoid a loss. It would be sweet to meet them in the playoffs and grind them up. They deserve it to being chickenshit.

SDbison
02-17-2013, 03:02 PM
The Cats knew coming to Fargo would almost be a sure loss. Totally a puss out to avoid a loss. It would be sweet to meet them in the playoffs and grind them up. They deserve it to being chickenshit. Wyo........could you please close the "FB related tweet" thread too. 98% of the posts there are BS or made up rumors by Bisonvillers trying to be funny. We have one legit thread here to cover the Montana State buyout. Maybe next time you or other moderators can close or move threads like "FB related tweet" before they get 16 pages long. Thanks!

BISON Thunder
02-17-2013, 03:29 PM
The worst part of this move by MSU's AD, is the FCS will have missed an opportunity to truly showcase itself at a very high level. I understand the financial impact, integrity stuff, etc., but this missed opportunity is a much greater travesty. Sure, MSU will make more money not playing this game...and I have confidence Gene will find a replacement. But if the FCS is going to survive at a respectable level, these types of games need to be played. Fortunately, it appears most MSU fans agree...and one must expect the MSU players and coaches too are truly disappointed.

Imagine if Gene Taylor would have tried to pull the same kind of shenanigans as Peter Fields (pfields@msubobcats.com)? He may keep his position, but it would certainly cost him. I hope the good people, fans, and boosters out in Montana hold their AD to the same level as we would ours.

NorthernBison
02-17-2013, 03:32 PM
Here's the good news if you read Gene's comments and consider the likely long term impact:

He didn't just hammer on Montana State. He alluded to the entire conference. Notice how the Forum immediately made a comment about open dates and the UND schedule?

Any Big Sky program sitting down with Gene (ANY) is going to get Gene's WORST offer and he's going to stick to it longer. The end result? We aren't seeing a regular season game between the two North Dakota schools for a very long time and I don't think a one for one option is going to be on the table. Faison might want to reconsider the contract he was supposedly drawing up six months ago or maybe not even fix his printer if that's the reason he never sent one to Gene.

Montana could very well come here next year. After all, it's the only kind of home and home that will work for us. Home here first so WE hold the cards for once.

the_hog
02-17-2013, 04:08 PM
Weak, classless, scared and so many of adjectives to describe this move by MSU. I will be in Bozeman in March for the State High School basketball championship, it is played on the MSU campus, bet your ass I will be wearing Bison gear everyday I am there. Hope some Bobcat fans have the guts to make some comments about it.

onbison09
02-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I don't think buying out of the game is as bad as doing it in February. GT is pissed!

GOBISON123
02-17-2013, 05:56 PM
Kolpack just tweeted they bought out our game this fall. Can anyone confirm?

PussyCats are also Big Runaways.

Their own fans (BobCat fans) dont like this decision. About time BobCats changed their athletic director.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29817&start=40

tjbison
02-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I don't think buying out of the game is as bad as doing it in February. GT is pissed!

This is the whole point, asshats could have done it 3-6 months ago or more, just total douchebaggery, now all the dildo fans will bash our ooc schedule when we get a non scholly team or god forbid even a D2 which sadly it might come to

NorthernBison
02-17-2013, 05:59 PM

Bingo. His comments are crystal clear regarding how he views this.

Just because a contract allows you to do something, that doesn't make it right. Only a fool would sign a home and home with MSU that starts in Bozeman after this.

NDSUstudent
02-17-2013, 06:13 PM
When GSU bought us out it happened in October, they didn't string us along acting like the game was happening and then ducked us a like a bunch of freaking cowards at the last minute.

This was a bush league move. A move that probably cost NDSU a lot of money.

EndZoneQB
02-17-2013, 06:13 PM
PussyCats are also Big Runaways.

Their own fans (BobCat fans) dont like this decision. About time BobCats changed their athletic director.

http://www.bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29817&start=40

I love SiouxFan posting there and no one even acknowledging him. Keep it that way...don't feed the troll.

aces1180
02-17-2013, 06:16 PM
I love SiouxFan posting there and no one even acknowledging him. Keep it that way...don't feed the troll.

That would be Star2City...

EndZoneQB
02-17-2013, 06:24 PM
That would be Star2City...

And weird, only an NDSU posted acknowledged him. Not surprised one bit by that...

NDSU1980
02-17-2013, 06:35 PM
Here's the good news if you read Gene's comments and consider the likely long term impact:

He didn't just hammer on Montana State. He alluded to the entire conference. Notice how the Forum immediately made a comment about open dates and the UND schedule?

Any Big Sky program sitting down with Gene (ANY) is going to get Gene's WORST offer and he's going to stick to it longer. The end result? We aren't seeing a regular season game between the two North Dakota schools for a very long time and I don't think a one for one option is going to be on the table. Faison might want to reconsider the contract he was supposedly drawing up six months ago or maybe not even fix his printer if that's the reason he never sent one to Gene.

Montana could very well come here next year. After all, it's the only kind of home and home that will work for us. Home here first so WE hold the cards for once.It's obvious why und was allowed into the BSC. First off, they have the same chicken streak in them as the rest of the conference in that they wait until the last minute and then announce they won't play us.

More importantly for the sky, the established members only want to play someone they can easily beat, so they needed a new doormat like und. It all makes sense now.

SlickVic
02-17-2013, 06:51 PM
This is why i love my boy lakes
http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29817&start=100

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

by*lakesbison*on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey guys. Do you want to know THINGS TO DO IN DALLAS ? ?
Pregame pep rally 10,000+. At dr pepper park
3rd base bar where 2 NDSU flags hang & NDSU videos on screens
Sambuca grill where you can visit lakesbison suite next to emmitt smith
Twin peaks restaurant with scantily clad girls with NDSU skirts
Tailgate starts at 8 am with over 15,000 people
Championship players walk to frisco stadium
Ohhhh wait. THAT'S ONLY IN JANUARY.... We aint ever been there in September. My bad.lakesbison

BobcatNation Letterman*Posts:*171Joined:*Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 pm

HerdBot
02-17-2013, 07:46 PM
This is why i love my boy lakes
http://bobcatnation.com/bobcatbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=29817&start=100

Re: MSU vs NDSU 2013 rematch

by*lakesbison*on Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:36 pm

Hey guys. Do you want to know THINGS TO DO IN DALLAS ? ?
Pregame pep rally 10,000+. At dr pepper park
3rd base bar where 2 NDSU flags hang & NDSU videos on screens
Sambuca grill where you can visit lakesbison suite next to emmitt smith
Twin peaks restaurant with scantily clad girls with NDSU skirts
Tailgate starts at 8 am with over 15,000 people
Championship players walk to frisco stadium
Ohhhh wait. THAT'S ONLY IN JANUARY.... We aint ever been there in September. My bad.lakesbison

BobcatNation Letterman*Posts:*171Joined:*Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:19 pm

Lakes has this uncanny ability to get everyone to hate NDSU and makes us all look like colossal d bags. Montana State fans are great and now Lakes is giving them reason to hate us. The MSU fans don't book the games. Their AD does. Can you put him on on a leash? Maybe muzzle him or tape his fingers together so he can't type?

marenlee
02-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Lakes has this uncanny ability to get everyone to hate NDSU and makes us all look like colossal d bags. Montana State fans are great and now Lakes is giving them reason to hate us. The MSU fans don't book the games. Their AD does. Can you put him on on a leash? Maybe muzzle him or tape his fingers together so he can't type?
Impossible. His dirty paw prints are all over the interwebs :rofl: Being new to this I find it amazing that I run into him anywhere with the slightest hint of bison.

EndZoneQB
02-17-2013, 07:58 PM

I guess I don't get the butthurt for things like that being posted. I see the "smack" that normally gets thrown around here and most of it is pretty weak. Lakes at least attempts to actually smack talk...

marenlee
02-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Some of the boards I watch it seems as though opposing fans like him to a degree. The majority of fans don't read the boards anyways. If you're using message boards to determine how a fanbase is you're. 'Tarded.

HerdBot
02-17-2013, 08:07 PM
Some of the boards I watch it seems as though opposing fans like him to a degree. The majority of fans don't read the boards anyways. If you're using message boards to determine how a fanbase is you're. 'Tarded.

Right... and recruits, players, coaches, and other teams don't read Bisonville either. (purple font)

perthbison
02-17-2013, 08:29 PM
For me, the respect stops at CP and UCD. The rest of the fluffy is just that.I think the griz are gonna rise again and be the team to beat in the fluff.

perthbison
02-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Maybe Montana State needs the money. Most athletic depts are strapped for cash.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2After they pay the buyout, they'd need at least a quarter million to be enough ahead to offset the embarrasment. If they're getting less than that, the obvious reason is cause they're afraid they'd be embarrased worse than in the playoffs a couple years ago when we hammered them in the fourth quarter without a quarterback.

Rockbear99
02-18-2013, 01:24 AM
What chicken shit move Montana State. Way to back out of you deal to come play NDSU. What cant hang with the big boys. The Bobcats stay home with their tails between their legs. With that and the BIG Ten saying no more FCS games just proves there are chickens on both sides of North Dakota. Hope we see you in the playoffs again so we can kick you ass again. Big Fluffy Wimps.

BisonTeacher
02-18-2013, 01:27 AM
Prediction...justice will prevail. Just as it did when GSU did thw same.

aces1180
02-18-2013, 01:32 AM
This whole thing sucks, but I still believe we'll get a FCS-counter to come visit the Fargodome in September. One thing that GT has shown is that he gets the job done. Hell, I think we've waited until April in recent years to fill our schedule...It's just a damn shame it had to be this way.

CalBison97
02-18-2013, 01:33 AM
If the cowardly lion were still alive, he'd be showing up at the MSU/UND game.

Tatanka
02-18-2013, 01:36 AM
If the cowardly lion were still alive, he'd be showing up at the MSU/UND game.Might almost be worth it to go and heckle the shit out of those pussies. And MSU, too.

Actually, no. Not worth it at all.

Tatanka
02-18-2013, 01:39 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jBQg24uDoQg/Rcu5-rquVTI/AAAAAAAAAGA/1LYYXCgXAsU/s400/Kitten+Running+Away+From+Monsters.jpg

BisonTeacher
02-18-2013, 01:41 AM
What are there fans saying on their board? Whatas the general consensus? Shame? Shock? Anger? Happiness? Delusion? Vaginitis?

Tatanka
02-18-2013, 01:47 AM
What are there fans saying on their board? Whatas the general consensus? Shame? Shock? Anger? Happiness? Delusion? Vaginitis?Actually there's a healthy dose of embarrassment. As there should be. Followed by rationalization, defensiveness, and the requisite trolling from downstream.

HerdBot
02-18-2013, 01:48 AM
pussy

1. Nice name for a cat
2. Slang for women's genitals
3. Cowardly

1. I just bought a pussy from the pet store
2. I stroked her pussy
3. Montana States AD bought out the NDSU game because he was too much of a pussy!

BisonTeacher
02-18-2013, 01:50 AM
Actually there's a healthy dose of embarrassment. As there should be. Followed by rationalization, defensiveness, and the requisite trolling from downstream.

Thats what i would guess. Even if they lost to us wouldnt it help there sagarin numbers as long as they werent blown out.

BisonTeacher
02-18-2013, 02:00 AM
I think this calls for a caption this...msu backout edition. Im looking at you Tatanka.

Football offseason sucks.

bisonmike2
02-18-2013, 02:04 AM
F*ck Montana State. That is all.

BlueBisonRock
02-18-2013, 02:35 AM
What chicken shit move Montana State. Way to back out of you deal to come play NDSU. What cant hang with the big boys. The Bobcats stay home with their tails between their legs. With that and the BIG Ten saying no more FCS games just proves there are chickens on both sides of North Dakota. Hope we see you in the playoffs again so we can kick you ass again. Big Fluffy Wimps.

This quote brings up the age old question: Why is it so windy in North Dakota?

(A) Because Montana blows and Minnesota sucks.

Strongman
02-18-2013, 03:11 AM
NDSU would do the same thing if they were offered a big pay day to play a BCS opponent or high level opponent. Let's not be such homers and have some objectivity. It's Taylor's fault too. He could have drafted the contract to have a higher buy out. With a $100,000 buy out, you risk this happening.

NDSUstudent
02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
NDSU would do the same thing if they were offered a big pay day to play a BCS opponent or high level opponent. Let's not be such homers and have some objectivity. It's Taylor's fault too. He could have drafted the contract to have a higher buy out. With a $100,000 buy out, you risk this happening.

We wouldn't do what MSU did, end of story.

Hall of Shame post.

NDSUstudent
02-18-2013, 03:14 AM
Dizzo's Sunday Ramblings....

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/02/17/bison-video-blog-sunday-schedule-sheningans/

CalBison97
02-18-2013, 03:15 AM

Are you sure? What about the Nebraska rumors before last season?

Strongman
02-18-2013, 03:25 AM
Like I said in a different post in a different topic, promises mean very little in college football. It's all about the $. Taylor needs to live and learn and put a larger buy out in the contract so this does not happen again, especially since THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS TEAM HAS DONE THIS!!!!!

westnodak93bison
02-18-2013, 03:30 AM
Like I said in a different post in a different topic, promises mean very little in college football. It's all about the $. Taylor needs to live and learn and put a larger buy out in the contract so this does not happen again, especially since THIS IS THE SECOND TIME THIS TEAM HAS DONE THIS!!!!!

Probably easier said than done. I'm sure most teams want some reasonable leeway in case a big pay day becomes available.

NDSUstudent
02-18-2013, 03:35 AM
The thing is the price of getting teams to Fargo(for guarantee games) has risen dramatically. In 2009 $100k would have gotten it done, now we are talking $200k or more.

EndZoneQB
02-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Thats what i would guess. Even if they lost to us wouldnt it help there sagarin numbers as long as they werent blown out.

Sagarin doesn't matter to anyone in the FCS(or FBS/BCS for that matter, other than the BCS inclusion).

This was written in a year we weren't able to hold the power. It's a 4 year old contract, relax.

WYOBISONMAN
02-18-2013, 08:02 AM

Back when this contract was done $100,000 was a huge buyout. Gene did just fine.

cracker
02-18-2013, 12:23 PM
[QUOTE=EndZoneQB;717195]Sagarin doesn't matter to anyone in the FCS(or FBS/BCS for that matter, other than the BCS inclusion).

Agreed, but a loss to NDSU hurts MSU and the Big Fluffy more than a loss to a FBS team. This is especially true when it comes to playoff selection and seeding. After getting blown out in Fargo, it is much more difficult to make the argument that the Big Fluffy's teams are stronger than the MVFC. Am not suggesting a conference conspiracy but losing to SMU is better for the pussy cats than losing to the Bison, even if it doesn't make financial or ethical sense.

NDSU '96
02-18-2013, 01:06 PM
NDSU would do the same thing if they were offered a big pay day to play a BCS opponent or high level opponent. Let's not be such homers and have some objectivity. It's Taylor's fault too. He could have drafted the contract to have a higher buy out. With a $100,000 buy out, you risk this happening.Would we? Who knows? Fact is, we've played plenty of FBS games and haven't done it.

Bison bison
02-18-2013, 01:12 PM
Not sure if you guys knew this, but KVLY has been following Gene Taylor the past two weeks, for a 'day in the life of' segment.

They actually have video of when Taylor had a conversation with MSU's Athletic Director Hans von Klink..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqQ99s4Ywnw

aces1180
02-18-2013, 01:32 PM
Did anybody see Gene's comments on the newest edition of the Bison Media Blog? Those who were attacked Gene for his comments in the Forum (dumb ass posters on SS.com like darrel), need to watch the actual interview. I think he did a great job in his reaction to Jeff and Dom's questions and was very fair. Obviously, when he said the word "us," he was talking about the BSC vs MVFC (UM also bought out the back end of a home-home with SDSU). Check it out.

http://bisonmedia.areavoices.com/2013/02/17/bison-video-blog-sunday-schedule-sheningans/

bisonmike2
02-18-2013, 02:04 PM

Taylor did fine. $100K is an adequate buyout. And it's not like MSU is buying this game out a year of ahead of time. These bastards are doing it at a time from 99% of the schools have already finalized their schedules for the year. And the MSU AD knows exactly how bad of spot he's putting us in. If he doesn't he's either incredibly stupid or incredibly incompetent at his job, maybe both. At some point Gene has to assume he's dealing with professionals, unfortunately he found out that the MSU AD is not one of them.

tcbison
02-18-2013, 02:38 PM
Did anybody see Gene's comments on the newest edition of the Bison Media Blog? Those who were attacked Gene for his comments in the Forum (dumb ass posters on SS.com like darrel), need to watch the actual interview. I think he did a great job in his reaction to Jeff and Dom's questions and was very fair. Obviously, when he said the word "us," he was talking about the BSC vs MVFC (UM also bought out the back end of a home-home with SDSU). Check it out.

UM bought out a 2 for 1 agreement when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and Montana never came to Brookings at all. I see that USD went to MSU in 2008 and 2009 but I don't think MSU ever went to USD either. Last year USD went to Montana also. In other words, Montana and Montana State has been using the ND and SD teams for year and other than Montana traveling to UND last year(for a conference game) the Montana schools refuse to come to the Dakotas.

Hansel
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
UM bought out a 2 for 1 agreement when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and Montana never came to Brookings at all. I see that USD went to MSU in 2008 and 2009 but I don't think MSU ever went to USD either. Last year USD went to Montana also. In other works, Montana and Montana State has been using the ND and SD teams for year and other than Montana traveling to UND last year(for a conference game) the Montana schools refuse to come to the Dakotas.

Idaho State bought out UND a couple of years back as well.

Bison 4 Life
02-18-2013, 02:46 PM
UM bought out a 2 for 1 agreement when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and Montana never came to Brookings at all. I see that USD went to MSU in 2008 and 2009 but I don't think MSU ever went to USD either. Last year USD went to Montana also. In other works, Montana and Montana State has been using the ND and SD teams for year and other than Montana traveling to UND last year(for a conference game) the Montana schools refuse to come to the Dakotas.

For a team, like those in the Dakotas, in the middle of nowhere they don't give themselves much of a chance to have future agreements when they bitch out like this.

aces1180
02-18-2013, 02:56 PM
UM bought out a 2 for 1 agreement when SDSU went to Montana TWICE and Montana never came to Brookings at all. I see that USD went to MSU in 2008 and 2009 but I don't think MSU ever went to USD either. Last year USD went to Montana also. In other words, Montana and Montana State has been using the ND and SD teams for year and other than Montana traveling to UND last year(for a conference game) the Montana schools refuse to come to the Dakotas.

It was a 2-for-1 for SDSU? So including the 2009 playoffs, the Jacks have played three games in Missoula? Wow...

Also, Montana does play at USD this season, so they are honoring their back end...

Tatanka
02-18-2013, 02:57 PM
For a team, like those in the Dakotas, in the middle of nowhere they don't give themselves much of a chance to have future agreements when they bitch out like this.

Exactly. This will bite them in the ass. Maybe not this year, maybe not next, but smart ADs are taking notice of how they operate over there. No wonder they bring in D-IIs.

NorthernBison
02-18-2013, 03:09 PM
It was a 2-for-1 for SDSU? So including the 2009 playoffs, the Jacks have played three games in Missoula? Wow...

Also, Montana does play at USD this season, so they are honoring their back end...

Montana is also going to Grand Forks for a non-conference game to complete a home and home deal. That game is Sept 14

aces1180
02-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Montana is also going to Grand Forks for a non-conference game to complete a home and home deal. That game is Sept 14

Good point...There was some early speculation that UM was going to buy that one out, but they are good to go.

NorthernBison
02-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Good point...There was some early speculation that UM was going to buy that one out, but they are good to go.

They better not buy that game out. I can't think of a bigger disaster.

tcbison
02-18-2013, 03:34 PM

Yeah, SDSU really got screwed on the 2 for 1 deal. Good to hear that Montana is going to USD, I wasn't sure if they were going to honor that or not.

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Here is what I know/remember about Montana State. A couple of years ago, when we werent very good, we went to Montana State to play in the playoffs. That year we had no passing game. When I say we didn't have a passing game, I mean we couldn't throw a forward pass. We were YOUNG. Like YOUNG YOUNG. We started a true freshman Billy Turner at LT, true freshman at Center in Jesse Hinz and we proceeded to run it down their throats in embarassing fashion. We stole their man card that day. it hurt them. Their fans were embarrassed. This year those same kids are seniors, not only seniors, but two time defending National Champions. A senior driven team that was going to again embarrass them, this time in front of 19,000 fanatics that wanted to remind them how big boy football is played. Your cute spread it out offense doesn't work. if you want proof of that, google your regular season vs playoff record the last few years. Montana State is a joke. Their leadership is a joke, and I almost feel sorry for their fans to have to support a bunch of cowards. By the way, his name was DJ McNorton. We don't have names on the back of our jerseys or your defense would remember his name as they were chasing him the entire game. We embarrassed you that day in Bozeman. Your AD was embarrassed to make the call to Gene and is only being embarrassed more and more as this news travels througout FCS football. What do you tell your fans? Yep, we are scared. The major difference between NDSU and Montana State is that NDSU admin, players and fans all wanted to play a great game between two highly rated teams.

The one thing I know is that the NCAA loves story lines. Look at the NCAA tourney in hoops. If a coach leave to another school, you can bank that he will be coaching against his former players. NCAA loves that. NCAA loved putting SDSU against NDSU last year for multiple reasons. I cannot wait until Montana State has to play in Fargo in the future. Since they will puss out on a contract, I hope they enjoy an ass kicking come playoff time. SOFT football gets killed come playoff time. I believe we beat Sam Houston by a hundred in the title game and their QB still is scared to get off the turf, and they were the Big Sky Champions.

KARMA Montana State, Karma.

Kermit
02-18-2013, 04:10 PM
Here is what I know/remember about Montana State. A couple of years ago, when we werent very good, we went to Montana State to play in the playoffs. That year we had no passing game. When I say we didn't have a passing game, I mean we couldn't throw a forward pass. We were YOUNG. Like YOUNG YOUNG. We started a true freshman Billy Turner at LT, true freshman at Center in Jesse Hinz and we proceeded to run it down their throats in embarassing fashion. We stole their man card that day. it hurt them. Their fans were embarrassed. This year those same kids are seniors, not only seniors, but two time defending National Champions. A senior driven team that was going to again embarrass them, this time in front of 19,000 fanatics that wanted to remind them how big boy football is played. Your cute spread it out offense doesn't work. if you want proof of that, google your regular season vs playoff record the last few years. Montana State is a joke. Their leadership is a joke, and I almost feel sorry for their fans to have to support a bunch of cowards. By the way, his name was DJ McNorton. We don't have names on the back of our jerseys or your defense would remember his name as they were chasing him the entire game. We embarrassed you that day in Bozeman. Your AD was embarrassed to make the call to Gene and is only being embarrassed more and more as this news travels througout FCS football. What do you tell your fans? Yep, we are scared. The major difference between NDSU and Montana State is that NDSU admin, players and fans all wanted to play a great game between two highly rated teams.

The one thing I know is that the NCAA loves story lines. Look at the NCAA tourney in hoops. If a coach leave to another school, you can bank that he will be coaching against his former players. NCAA loves that. NCAA loved putting SDSU against NDSU last year for multiple reasons. I cannot wait until Montana State has to play in Fargo in the future. Since they will puss out on a contract, I hope they enjoy an ass kicking come playoff time. SOFT football gets killed come playoff time. I believe we beat Sam Houston by a hundred in the title game and their QB still is scared to get off the turf, and they were the Big Sky Champions.

Epic post. Thanks.

aces1180
02-18-2013, 04:13 PM

yep..../thread

unbison
02-18-2013, 04:15 PM

You mad bro

HoopsBison
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Disappointed and frustrated for sure, but I'm not surprised at all that a big fluff school would do this.

HerdBot
02-18-2013, 04:35 PM

:rofl: good stuff! Yeah it was the same offense that couldn't score against Missouri State, a team that had one of the worst defenses ever.

aces1180
02-18-2013, 05:12 PM
Taylor is on 740 The Fan Meow...

Bison bison
02-18-2013, 05:18 PM
let me know if you want me to order one....

Bison bison
02-18-2013, 05:24 PM

My son is in for one. I've got one. My wife has volunteered to buy one for each of MSU's 2013 starters.

NDSUstudent
02-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Now a few MSU fans are saying it came from their coaches office and not the AD. If so, the financial BS goes out the window and this was nothing but a cowardly act.

Bison bison
02-18-2013, 05:34 PM
That aligns with what Gene just said, ie that MSU's AD didn't like making the call.

Hammerhead
02-18-2013, 05:43 PM
We also had a freshman QB play a portion of that game.

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Taylor is on 740 The Fan Meow...

http://740thefan.com/page.php?page_id=82

740 doing a great job. The AD was embarrassed to call Gene. Their staff is a joke. Scared to play us. I am begging karma to have them join us in Fargo for a playoff game.

Grizzled
02-18-2013, 06:54 PM

Nice post but what a straight kick in the balls to the group of seniors who spent an entire summer developing team chemistry for that team. Talk to any of the coaches, they know that team saved their jobs. Maybe they overachived in your book but that was not a bad football team.

Mr. Burgundy
02-18-2013, 07:01 PM
Nice post but what a straight kick in the balls to the group of seniors who spent an entire summer developing team chemistry for that team. Talk to any of the coaches, they know that team saved their jobs. Maybe they overachived in your book but that was not a bad football team.

I agree, just saying that the formation of these title teams was a group of Freshman that year. It was not a great team by any stretch, but a team that showed us how close we could be to winning it all, and created motivation for Brock and the rest of those kids that day. A great game in Bison history. One I won't forget. My original point was that we really couldn't throw the ball at that point. We didn't need to, our Rams has massive holes open for our backs. We ran it down their throats. MSU is soft and always has been. Their staff should be embarrassed.

berry3614
02-18-2013, 07:43 PM

i believe Arndt was the left tackle

unbison
02-18-2013, 07:46 PM
pick pick.......BT was still a starting tackle

56BISON73
02-18-2013, 08:03 PM

Hey there ADs are sitting there thinking---my god they keep falling for the old home and home ploy. NOooo they cant fall for it again---but---who knows lets give it a shot. OMG they fell for it again!!!!!!

GrizBison
02-18-2013, 08:39 PM
As a Griz Alum and Bison fan living in the FM community you have no idea how I was looking forward to this game. I can't believe there is over 250 posts on egriz about this mainly between Bison/Cat fans....but the Griz fans are enjoying the fire Bison fans are taking out on the Cats! Yes, I'm sure there will be a Cat fan hoping on here after my post saying the Griz have done this in the past....yes, they did this to SDSU when Iowa paid them $700,000 and (I believe) to Cal Poly when Tennessee paid them alot to, but I don't believe they did it in the mid-February before (with not a big payday in the forecast)......after they already bailed out once before and neither of them were the defending champs. Yes, unless some big school pays them a ridiculous amount (which I believe those days are over) the Griz are going to play at South Dakota and at UND (out of conference when this was set up years back) this fall and hopefully at NDSU next year. I hope the Griz don't buy out of next years game here at dome as this is what this level of football is all about. Fans/Alumni are excited about this game. I don't care if the Griz come in here and get beat by 4 touchdowns (which they would have last year with the worst team in 30 years), it's about establishing those rivalries. When the Griz come in 2014 one of their H-Back/tightends will be the Hagfors kid whose Dad was the Bison center in some earlier championship teams....those things happen in regional games like that. With Boise St, Nevado, Idaho, etc that have gone D-1, those aren't as easy to find anymore as they were 15-20 years ago. The Griz really only have one "out of conference" rivalry with App State now because of the fan base (and semi final game a few years back) and sadly they will probably be out the door soon at this level as well. I know things are changing yearly with conferences and possibly this D1-AA/FCS won't be around long...but as long as it is I hope these types of games can stay on schedules and schools not thinking they have to horror themselves out for the D-1 game money at every opportunity...but I guess money will always talk.
The Bison are a special program that are fun to follow...I knew this place would be a FCA powerhouse with the fanbase, facilities, location for recruiting (no other FCS school in MN/WI), and the money they have here (for what they pay their coaches, etc.)....and it is the only place I have seen/heard a playoff game in the same league as Washington-Grizzly stadium. Your wish might come true Burgundy next December...."Once a Cat, Always a Pussy!...F.T.C!"

aces1180
02-18-2013, 08:45 PM
As a Griz Alum and Bison fan living in the FM community you have no idea how I was looking forward to this game. I can't believe there is over 250 posts on egriz about this mainly between Bison/Cat fans....but the Griz fans are enjoying the fire Bison fans are taking out on the Cats! Yes, I'm sure there will be a Cat fan hoping on here after my post saying the Griz have done this in the past....yes, they did this to SDSU when Iowa paid them $700,000 and (I believe) to Cal Poly when Tennessee paid them alot to, but I don't believe they did it in the mid-February before (with not a big payday in the forecast)......after they already bailed out once before and neither of them were the defending champs. Yes, unless some big school pays them a ridiculous amount (which I believe those days are over) the Griz are going to play at South Dakota and at UND (out of conference when this was set up years back) this fall and hopefully at NDSU next year. I hope the Griz don't buy out of next years game here at dome as this is what this level of football is all about. Fans/Alumni are excited about this game. I don't care if the Griz come in here and get beat by 4 touchdowns (which they would have last year with the worst team in 30 years), it's about establishing those rivalries. When the Griz come in 2014 one of their H-Back/tightends will be the Hagfors kid whose Dad was the Bison center in some earlier championship teams....those things happen in regional games like that. With Boise St, Nevado, Idaho, etc that have gone D-1, those aren't as easy to find anymore as they were 15-20 years ago. The Griz really only have one "out of conference" rivalry with App State now because of the fan base (and semi final game a few years back) and sadly they will probably be out the door soon at this level as well. I know things are changing yearly with conferences and possibly this D1-AA/FCS won't be around long...but as long as it is I hope these types of games can stay on schedules and schools not thinking they have to horror themselves out for the D-1 game money at every opportunity...but I guess money will always talk.
The Bison are a special program that are fun to follow...I knew this place would be a FCA powerhouse with the fanbase, facilities, location for recruiting (no other FCS school in MN/WI), and the money they have here (for what they pay their coaches, etc.)....and it is the only place I have seen/heard a playoff game in the same league as Washington-Grizzly stadium. Your wish might come true Burgundy next December...."Once a Cat, Always a Pussy!...F.T.C!"

Nice post...Do you mind me asking what FTC means?

NDSU92
02-18-2013, 08:46 PM
Nice post...Do you mind me asking what FTC means?

I'd imagine the last two words are "the cats" can't quite figure out the first one though....

aces1180
02-18-2013, 08:47 PM
I'd imagine the last two words are "the cats" can't quite figure out the first one though....

:facepalm: I wasn't thinking dirty enough...

jtownbisonfan
02-18-2013, 09:02 PM
MSU: "Alright, guys, we're looking forward to a National Championship this year! Yeah! Except, well, if we play NDSU, you're going to lose and our chances of getting a high seed are going to go down. So we're going to find you an easier team to play!"

Montana has some good confidence in their program!

DORMIE
02-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Greg Hagfors was the center for Jeff Bentrim. He served a term on the NDSU Alumni Accosiation recently. He is is the health industry in I believe Great Falls.

Kujava23
02-18-2013, 09:38 PM
MSU: "Alright, guys, we're looking forward to a National Championship this year! Yeah! Except, well, if we play NDSU, you're going to lose and our chances of getting a high seed are going to go down. So we're going to find you an easier team to play!"

Montana has some good confidence in their program!

Sounds like the sounds Bobcats make match their AD------- MEOOOOWWWWWWWW

cmon grow a pair

Kujava23
02-18-2013, 09:47 PM

Great Post----Would welcome the pusscats to Gate City Bank Field at the FargoDome come playoff time --- Let us END your season

Bison bison
02-19-2013, 02:52 AM

Poor cats. Don't get to play the Bison.

bkit29
02-19-2013, 03:45 AM

Post of the Year!

cbline
02-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Bottom line: Big Sky has no credibility left.

dragonsfan
02-19-2013, 03:41 PM
Msum ? .

unbison
02-19-2013, 03:54 PM
Msum ? .

sorry naia isnt gonna work

dragonsfan
02-19-2013, 04:15 PM
purple font missing
sorry naia isnt gonna work

Mr. Burgundy
02-19-2013, 04:41 PM
Jack Michaels show will have Montana State AD on at noon.

bisonmike2
02-19-2013, 04:57 PM
Jack Michaels show will have Montana State AD on at noon.

Word is he backed out of this show a couple minutes ago and instead will be calling into a radio show down south.

Bison bison
02-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Wow.

We had trouble putting our schedule together so we decided to screw over someone we had a contract with.

Bison bison
02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
What a f#cker.

'This is revenue neutral for Montana State, but we needed a home game.'

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
So gad we have GT after listening to this bozo.

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2013, 05:21 PM
pussssssssyyyyyyyyy

puuuuuuusssssssyyyyyyyyyyyy

tony
02-19-2013, 05:22 PM
Yeah, even less impressed with this guy now than I was before.

JSUBison
02-19-2013, 05:23 PM
Real confident sounding guy. /purple.

tony
02-19-2013, 05:25 PM
Summary: "It's the fans' fault for not understanding."

Bison bison
02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
I think he's done a great job.

He made it completely clear - Montana State is not a program to do business with.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 05:37 PM
Embarrassing...What an asshole.

perthbison
02-19-2013, 05:41 PM
He sounded pathetic. He didn't say what they were getting from Southern Methodist but combined with a home game it's revenue neutral. They look like asses over this but hey, were just the dumb fans. If we do home and home with them again, we have to have the first game at home cause he made it clear they'll probably screw u if they can.

Bison bison
02-19-2013, 05:44 PM
I wouldn't play them ever again.

If by chance we do, I think we should suit up Gene 'cause I'm sure he's ready to crush some skulls over this.

Civil06
02-19-2013, 05:48 PM
If smells could be transmitted through the radio, my whole car would smell like feces. If I were MSU, I'd be ashamed of that man representing me.

MontBison
02-19-2013, 05:57 PM
This guy is the ultimate pencile neck ad. The president at MSU is the one running and fundraising the athletic department. Every knowledgable bobcat fan out here thinks he's a joke.

TAILG8R
02-19-2013, 06:08 PM
Wow, just listened to the podcast from the interview (http://740thefan.com/upload/2-19peterfields.mp3). What a dumbass! I can't count how many times he basically said we don't care about NDSU, we are in this for us. Yes obviously his concern should be MSU before NDSU but when you are dealing with the media have a little tact.

NDSU1980
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
I didn't listen to the broadcast, but from the description, it sounds like this guy graduated at the top of the class from the Roger Thomas School of Ass-Hattery.

NorthernBison
02-19-2013, 06:21 PM
I can't wait until this bozo is gone and MSU fans say, "forget about the past, all the people who did you wrong are gone".

TransAmBison
02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I didn't listen to the broadcast, but from the description, it sounds like this guy graduated at the top of the class from the Roger Thomas School of Ass-Hattery.This has promise.

Da Bison
02-19-2013, 06:33 PM
Wow................What a big fizzy douche:facepalm2:

Mr. Burgundy
02-19-2013, 06:38 PM
anyone else get more upset after actually hearing that clown? He came off like Sid Hartman. he lacked confidence and conviction in all of his answers. He made it very clear that it wasn't all his choice (throwing his coaches under the bus) and that he doens't care about how this affected NDSU, just that he has to take care of the financials for Montana State, yet it was revenue neutral. How about when he says, we are going to play Southern Miss, wait, no Southern Methodist. Guy was either senile or needs Steve Stone to step in and fill in during the middle innings while he goes to grab another Bud.

bisonmike2
02-19-2013, 07:02 PM
anyone else get more upset after actually hearing that clown? He came off like Sid Hartman. he lacked confidence and conviction in all of his answers. He made it very clear that it wasn't all his choice (throwing his coaches under the bus) and that he doens't care about how this affected NDSU, just that he has to take care of the financials for Montana State, yet it was revenue neutral. How about when he says, we are going to play Southern Miss, wait, no Southern Methodist. Guy was either senile or needs Steve Stone to step in and fill in during the middle innings while he goes to grab another Bud.

He understands that. He understands that, he does. But he's looking at it from Montana States point of view. Not North Dakota State's point of view. He understands it. He really does. It was tough. What I'm trying to say is that he understands it. Football scheduling is hard, okay?

ISXBISON
02-19-2013, 07:09 PM

Wow.... "maybe you can uh, get some sunshine and uh some warm whether...and move on"

What an absolute clown and embarrassment for the fans of Montana State.

I've always been a huge fan of Gene and as time goes by the respect I have for him continues to grow. Very thankful we have him.

NDSU '96
02-19-2013, 07:24 PM
I can't wait until this bozo is gone and MSU fans say, "forget about the past, all the people who did you wrong are gone".Post of the day.

Trim
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
He understands that. He understands that, he does. But he's looking at it from Montana States point of view. Not North Dakota State's point of view. He understands it. He really does. It was tough. What I'm trying to say is that he understands it. Football scheduling is hard, okay?

Yeah, after about the 18th "I understand that..." the radio got turned off and Stephen A. & Skip got un-muted. I should have just turned it off after the Southern Miss reference. This guy was hilarious. In the pathetic sort of way.

perthbison
02-19-2013, 07:40 PM
He understands that. He understands that, he does. But he's looking at it from Montana States point of view. Not North Dakota State's point of view. He understands it. He really does. It was tough. What I'm trying to say is that he understands it. Football scheduling is hard, okay?:rofl:sounds exactly like him. Hard to imagine this tool doing a decent interview to get hired in the first place.

tcbison
02-19-2013, 07:55 PM
So I see on twitter that the bobcat beat writer says they are getting $300,000 from SMU and they are paying Monmouth $200,000 for a home game. Also they will bring in a DII school.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 07:57 PM
So I see on twitter that the bobcat beat writer says they are getting $300,000 from SMU and they are paying Monmouth $200,000 for a home game. Also they will bring in a DII school.

Yep their schedule is....

Monmouth
@SMU
Mesa State
@SFA

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 08:02 PM
So I guess I'll be the first to chime in from an MSU perspective.

I for one (initially) was very disappointed with the decision. I was in the middle of lining up a bus trip for 40 from all across the Montana Hi-Line, which BTW was going to include several Montana grads of NDSU. For me, the drive to Fargo is only about an hour longer than going to a home game, and I was also very much looking forward to enjoying and comparing what I understand to be a great game-day experience.

With that being said let me give you a little perspective from our side. For months now we've been sitting on a schedule with 4 home, 6 on the road, and three open dates including a bye week. This just didn't come up this week. We've been trying to fill the schedule since last fall with very little success. It was becoming increasingly clear that we were not going to be able to add two home games with at least one being a playoff counter without making some changes, and the only way to get that done was to have some guarantee money available for an FCS team (or two) to commit to coming to Bozeman.

SMU provided that opportunity, so IMO it was either drop the NDSU or SFA road games. Since the SFA contract was newer, my guess is the buy-out was significantly more.

I've been a booster for 30+ years, and also sit on the state-wide board. We're actually having our quarterly meeting next week, and hopefully I'll get some insight from behind the scenes. My guess is that this was (mostly) about the $800,000 to $1,000,000 we can make from two home games, plus the guarantee from SMU, which more than offset the NDSU buyout.

It still sucks, but it is what it is in the business of college football.

Flame away if you must.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 08:04 PM

Monmouth
@SMU
Mesa State
@SFA
http://cache.blippitt.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Daily-Life-GIFs-17-Sarcastic-Clapping.gif

aces1180
02-19-2013, 08:06 PM
You know what bothers me most about this crap? The fact that he says, we have a bunch of players from Texas who haven't played a game in their home state yet...HELLO, you are playing SFA! What a joke.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 08:09 PM

I for one (initially) was very disappointed with the decision. I was in the middle of lining up a bus trip for 40 from all across the Montana Hi-Line, which BTW was going to include several Montana grads of NDSU. For me, the drive to Fargo is only about an hour longer than going to a home game, and I was also very much looking forward to enjoying and comparing what I understand to be a great game-day experience.

With that being said let me give you a little perspective from our side. For months now we've been sitting on a schedule with 4 home, 6 on the road, and three open dates including a bye week. This just didn't come up this week. We've been trying to fill the schedule since last fall with very little success. It was becoming increasingly clear that we were not going to be able to add two home games with at least one being a playoff counter without making some changes, and the only way to get that done was to have some guarantee money available for an FCS team (or two) to commit to coming to Bozeman.

SMU provided that opportunity, so IMO it was either drop the NDSU or SFA road games. Since the SFA contract was newer, my guess is the buy-out was significantly more.

I've been a booster for 30+ years, and also sit on the state-wide board. We're actually having our quarterly meeting next week, and hopefully I'll get some insight from behind the scenes. My guess is that this was (mostly) about the $800,000 to $1,000,000 we can make from two home games, plus the guarantee from SMU, which more than offset the NDSU buyout.

Flame away if you must.

Instead of waiting until the last minute to do what he had to do in order to play six home games, your AD should have bought the game out months ago. It seems pretty obvious that is what needed to happen.

With a 12 game schedule and four years to plan there is no reason this game should have gotten bought out in the first place and I'll say again there is no reason why it had to happen this late. It was purely your AD's incompetence that this had to play out in the manner that it did.

Like I said I'm glad we have Gene Taylor and not your AD.

MontBison
02-19-2013, 08:13 PM
You know what bothers me most about this crap? The fact that he says, we have a bunch of players from Texas who haven't played a game in their home state yet...HELLO, you are playing SFA! What a joke.

Sam Huston two years ago. But I guess they didnt really show up for that one so it didnt happen.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 08:14 PM

Not going to lie, I lost whatever respect I had for their AD after that. He should have gone on the air, owned up for the mess he made and apologized to the entire NDSU community for doing what he had to do.

bisonmike2
02-19-2013, 08:15 PM

Flame away if you must.

I understand that. Uh....uh.....I understand that, I do. But uh....uh....uhI'm looking at it from...uh.....NDSU's uh.....point of view, not uh......MSU's. I understand it. Uh..... I really do. It was ....uh.....tough. What I'm trying to say.....uh....uh. is that I understand it. Football scheduling is......uh hard.

What you say makes sense but perhaps he should have done a better job of scheduling in the first place so he's not breaking contracts in mid-February. I don't know the buyout of the SFA contract but assuming it's equal, it looks like he's dropping the game that looks like a guaranteed loss in one of of hardest FCS venues to play in for a team that finished under .500 last year.

gumby013
02-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Someone remind the MSU AD that this is the time of the year he should be finalizing the 2014 schedules.

Then ask him why he hasn't done that yet.

People who suck at doing the fundamentals of their job piss me off.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 08:17 PM
Sam Huston two years ago. But I guess they didnt really show up for that one so it didnt happen.

I think they want to forget that one too...

Tatanka
02-19-2013, 08:18 PM

Monmouth
@SMU
Mesa State
@SFAShould prepare them well for the big fluffy.

56BISON73
02-19-2013, 08:22 PM

Plus the 100,000 they have to pay NDSU makes it a zero sum move. Which makes this move even more puzzling if you are thinking just dollars and cents. But if you are talking a schedule to make the playoffs this could be a reason.

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2013, 08:24 PM
Pusssies

Puuuusssiiiieeesss
Puuusssiiiiiieeeess!!!1!!!1!!1

56BISON73
02-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Someone remind the MSU AD that this is the time of the year he should be finalizing the 2014 schedules.

Then ask him why he hasn't done that yet.

People who suck at doing the fundamentals of their job piss me off.

GT just signed Delaware State for this year. Just sayin

Tatanka
02-19-2013, 08:25 PM
Pusssies

Puuuusssiiiieeesss
Puuusssiiiiiieeeess!!!1!!!1!!1

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2So, what would your score prediction be for a game between said pussies and NDSU?

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 08:26 PM

Because Western Carolina bought us out.....

56BISON73
02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Because Western Carolina bought us out.....

Yep forgot about that.

MontBison
02-19-2013, 08:28 PM
Why hasn't anyone asked why they didnt buy out SFA instead?

gumby013
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM

Yes, because Western Carolina bought us out late as well...although they gave a bit earlier of a heads up.

An AD has two basic functions.

1. Lay out a plan of action.
2. Execute that plan or its contingencies.

The MSU AD failed to even do part 1. He's winging it.

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2013, 08:32 PM
So, what would your score prediction be for a game between said pussies and NDSU?

Id have to analyze game film first.

KilldeerBison
02-19-2013, 08:34 PM
So, what would your score prediction be for a game between said pussies and NDSU?
QB Breakdown
B. Jensen - 3 TD's.
D. MaGee - 1 seperated shoulder, 1 sprained ankle, 1 concussion.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 08:35 PM

Because they HAVE to keep playing games in their recruiting area!

tony
02-19-2013, 08:37 PM
Don't see why you guys don't like the Bobcat AD. On the radio, he came across as a completely likeable condescending prick as condescending pricks go... ironically, he also came across as dickless, so maybe I should amend the description to "condescending dickstump." :)

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 08:38 PM
Instead of waiting until the last minute to do what he had to do in order to play six home games, your AD should have bought the game out months ago. It seems pretty obvious that is what needed to happen.

With a 12 game schedule and four years to plan there is no reason this game should have gotten bought out in the first place and I'll say again there is no reason why it had to happen this late. It was purely your AD's incompetence that this had to play out in the manner that it did.

Like I said I'm glad we have Gene Taylor and not your AD.

The only thing I really disagree with is the 4 year comment. The added BSC schools and block schedule kinda switched everything up in the last 24 months. I get that the timing really sucked.

Tatanka
02-19-2013, 08:39 PM
The only thing I really disagree with is the 4 year comment. The added BSC schools and block schedule kinda switched everything up in the last 24 months. I get that the timing really sucked.I'm glad I don't have to try to defend your position, or your AD's actions.

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 08:42 PM

I will next week, but my guess is a higher buyout and a date that didn't fit into SMU's plan.

TAILG8R
02-19-2013, 08:45 PM
I will next week, but my guess is a higher buyout and a date that didn't fit into SMU's plan.

My guess is that they are an easy W.

KilldeerBison
02-19-2013, 08:51 PM
The only thing I really disagree with is the 4 year comment. The added BSC schools and block schedule kinda switched everything up in the last 24 months. I get that the timing really sucked.

So, when do you think you would actually play a game in Fargo? (This is a rhetorical question) And believe me, you have no idea how much this sucks, may the bird of paradise fly up your nose!

MontBison
02-19-2013, 08:58 PM

I'm sure both sides could have made some adjustments to their schedule. I'm starting to sense that they in fact are trying to dodge us.

TAILG8R
02-19-2013, 09:00 PM
I'm sure both sides could have made some adjustments to their schedule. I'm starting to sense that they in fact are trying to dodge us.

Well that can only be put off for so long. IF they make playoffs and IF they can win a game or two hopefully we will be there to remind them why the were scared to play in the first place.

WYOBISONMAN
02-19-2013, 09:13 PM
Don't see why you guys don't like the Bobcat AD. On the radio, he came across as a completely likeable condescending prick as condescending pricks go... ironically, he also came across as dickless, so maybe I should amend the description to "condescending dickstump." :)

Note to self......."dickstump"......added to vocabulary as a new insult! ;)

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 09:21 PM
So, when do you think you would actually play a game in Fargo? (This is a rhetorical question) And believe me, you have no idea how much this sucks, may the bird of paradise fly up your nose!

So I get no props for coming here like a man and taking this beating?

I seriously hope we play a non-con in Fargo in the near future, but it sounds like the relationship between our AD's will take some time to mend, if ever.

BadlandsBison
02-19-2013, 09:22 PM
That AD is a tool shed. He reinforced my preconceived notion that the Montana schools believe that FCS football somehow orbits them.

I'd be happy to host these pussies in the playoffs next season. Probably a 2nd round game after they miss out on a seed like 2 seasons ago.

I'd also be happy to live up to NDSU's original half of the bargain and play them in Bozeman in the regular season. Bison nation can party out Bozeman again and annoy the countless hippies and eastern European hotel employees.

Ask Georgia Southern, you can't run away forever. Won't be one bit surprised if teh griz buy the game next year, too, because of the fcs orbit theory

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Walkon I do respect you for coming over here, not sure any other MSU fans has had it in them to do the same.

SamsRams
02-19-2013, 09:38 PM
Yes listening to the MSU AD made me sick to my stomach. But it also made me realize he is in no way the one to blame for this. The people who are to blame are their boosters. When Western Carolina backed out of the game with NDSU this year Gene had to turn to NDSU boosters to raise money to bring in Delaware State. So if Montana St wanted 6 home games by bringing in Mesa and Monmouth all they had to do was raise the money from the boosters (around 250K) and then they keep the NDSU game. It is clear Montana St boosters are the ones who are scared to play NDSU and most likely are on food stamps.
Dont blame the messenger, blame their piss poor fan base!

tony
02-19-2013, 09:43 PM
Yes listening to the MSU AD made me sick to my stomach. But it also made me realize he is in no way the one to blame for this. The people who are to blame are their boosters. When Western Carolina backed out of the game with NDSU this year Gene had to turn to NDSU boosters to raise money to bring in Delaware State. So if Montana St wanted 6 home games by bringing in Mesa and Monmouth all they had to do was raise the money from the boosters (around 250K) and then they keep the NDSU game. It is clear Montana St boosters are the ones who are scared to play NDSU and most likely are on food stamps.

Meh. Life is too short to hold a grudge against Bobcat fans... rather have a beer with them. Easier to go after the AD.

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 09:44 PM

Stretch much?

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 09:49 PM
I don't think it is the fans job to bail out the AD for the mess he created.

SamsRams
02-19-2013, 09:58 PM
What mess did the AD create? He asked the boosters for money to get them 5 home games and the boosters said no. The only other way to get it done was to get a payday from an FBS school. its easy to say as a fanbase "I want x amount of home games" but if you are not willing to pony up the money for it you are the ones to blame.

MNLonghorn10
02-19-2013, 10:00 PM
GT should call em up, tell them they can schedule NDSU there, all of the non season tickets seats are alloted to NDSU. No walk up. We'll take care of the rest, including the result on the field.

There. You get your precious 5th "home" game.

BisonNation11
02-19-2013, 10:01 PM
So I get no props for coming here like a man and taking this beating?

I seriously hope we play a non-con in Fargo in the near future, but it sounds like the relationship between our AD's will take some time to mend, if ever.

Your "hope" will come true in the playoffs. Just glad you can't buy your way out of that one. And there is no relationship between the AD's. Yours cut that cord. I just listened to that interview and I've never heard so much mumble jumble back pedaling in all of my life. If he didn't graduate from Mickey Mouse U, I don't know a college dumb enough to accept him. Wait a minute...

westnodak93bison
02-19-2013, 10:02 PM

For whatever it is worth, the economy in Western MT is tough. Whole different beast than ND.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 10:03 PM
It is his fault he only had four home games scheduled for next year in October, he put himself in that mess. He agreed to travel to both NDSU and SFA before getting a single home commitment with an FCS school.

I don't think schools typically ask booster groups to fund their scheduling. Usually the gate money you expect to get from your home games or guarantee games provide that.

NDSU '96
02-19-2013, 10:04 PM
What mess did the AD create? He asked the boosters for money to get them 5 home games and the boosters said no. The only other way to get it done was to get a payday from an FBS school. its easy to say as a fanbase "I want x amount of home games" but if you are not willing to pony up the money for it you are the ones to blame.Did I miss something? Where was it reported the MSU AD went to the boosters and they said no?

tony
02-19-2013, 10:09 PM
Did I miss something? Where was it reported the MSU AD went to the boosters and they said no?

Well, now I'm ticked at Gene because he rarely asks for my input on stuff.

SamsRams
02-19-2013, 10:33 PM
I don't think schools typically ask booster groups to fund their scheduling. Usually the gate money you expect to get from your home games or guarantee games provide that.

so you are saying they cant generate 250K in 5 home games. Well that makes their fanbase even more piss poor.

NDSUstudent
02-19-2013, 10:45 PM
so you are saying they cant generate 250K in 5 home games. Well that makes their fanbase even more piss poor.

They should be generating $250-400k per home game. Maybe their booster group isn't raising enough money, maybe their stadium expansion has left them strapped for cash. I don't know.

perthbison
02-19-2013, 11:17 PM
But if you are talking a schedule to make the playoffs this could be a reason.This was in the back of my mind as well. If I was a bobcat player, fan, or coach, I'd be insulted that their bosses think this asshat move is necessary to get in the playoffs.

Walkon79
02-19-2013, 11:19 PM
They should be generating $250-400k per home game. Maybe their booster group isn't raising enough money, maybe their stadium expansion has left them strapped for cash. I don't know.

FWIW. The Bobcat Club raises money only for scholarships. Quarterback Club covers some of the coach's pay and incidentals. Other than stadium improvement / capital campaigns, these are the only contributions from boosters. Not sure anyone has ever asked us to fund a schedule or to help with guarantees. Does that happen in Fargo. Not trying to be a smartass.

Hammersmith
02-19-2013, 11:24 PM
FWIW. The Bobcat Club raises money only for scholarships. Quarterback Club covers some of the coach's pay and incidentals. Other than stadium improvement / capital campaigns, these are the only contributions from boosters. Not sure anyone has ever asked us to fund a schedule or to help with guarantees. Does that happen in Fargo. Not trying to be a smartass.

If it were to happen, and I don't think it does, it wouldn't technically go through Team Makers(our booster organization). It's more like the athletic dept would use the information from Team Makers and our overall booster group(NDSU Development Foundation) to make some phone calls to a very specific group of donors. Team Makers the organization is just like your group in that it only raises money for scholarships.

SamsRams
02-20-2013, 12:04 AM
If it were to happen, and I don't think it does, it wouldn't technically go through Team Makers(our booster organization). It's more like the athletic dept would use the information from Team Makers and our overall booster group(NDSU Development Foundation) to make some phone calls to a very specific group of donors. Team Makers the organization is just like your group in that it only raises money for scholarships.

Then I stand corrected. I thought boosters had to pay the money to bring teams in. I wish we could get a definitive answer but if Hammersmith says that is not the way it is done then I will agree with him. I thought I remember talking with a top booster and he mentioned he was asked to donate money to help bring PV A&M in last year. Maybe I didnt understand him correctly

Hammersmith
02-20-2013, 01:17 AM
Then I stand corrected. I thought boosters had to pay the money to bring teams in. I wish we could get a definitive answer but if Hammersmith says that is not the way it is done then I will agree with him. I thought I remember talking with a top booster and he mentioned he was asked to donate money to help bring PV A&M in last year. Maybe I didnt understand him correctly
Well, I don't have any inside information, so I can't be sure. I am fairly sure that a sellout nets at least $300k, so we shouldn't need to be asking for money to pay for any guarantee smaller than that. OTOH, I guess I could see the usefulness in asking a particular type of donor for money in that way. It's not like the department truly needs the money for that purpose, but it's something that a certain type of donor would be willing to donate for. So that donor is asked to donate money to pay for the game, then the revenue from the gate can be used for something other than paying the guarantee back.

In a way, it's a lot like the concept of Team Makers. Many donors like the idea of paying for scholarships, but wouldn't be nearly as enthused about paying for uniforms or spare basketballs, or extra ace bandages. But that other stuff still needs to be paid for. So Team Makers raises money for a big chunk of the scholarships which frees up other athletic department funds for the non-sexy stuff. In short, know your audience.

Just a random thought, with no inside info to back it up.

roadwarrior
02-20-2013, 01:52 AM

I have never heard of anything like this happening at NDSU.

td577
02-20-2013, 01:56 AM
I didn't listen to the broadcast, but from the description, it sounds like this guy graduated at the top of the class from the Roger Thomas School of Ass-Hattery.

Does that school have an open date that will work for us?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NDSU1980
02-20-2013, 03:24 AM
Does that school have an open date that will work for us?

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI think it's an on line branch of und.

SamsRams
02-20-2013, 04:11 AM
I have never heard of anything like this happening at NDSU.

now I know I was 100% inaccurate....my bad. I still wanna blame their fanbase though

WYOBISONMAN
02-20-2013, 03:00 PM
I think it's an on line branch of und.

That means those students are counted in their official enrollment figures........:rofl:

Hansel
02-20-2013, 03:07 PM
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_16904874-7af7-11e2-8fbc-001a4bcf887a.html

article in Boz Angeles paper.

Walkon79
02-20-2013, 03:08 PM
Well, I don't have any inside information, so I can't be sure. I am fairly sure that a sellout nets at least $300k, so we shouldn't need to be asking for money to pay for any guarantee smaller than that. OTOH, I guess I could see the usefulness in asking a particular type of donor for money in that way. It's not like the department truly needs the money for that purpose, but it's something that a certain type of donor would be willing to donate for. So that donor is asked to donate money to pay for the game, then the revenue from the gate can be used for something other than paying the guarantee back.

In a way, it's a lot like the concept of Team Makers. Many donors like the idea of paying for scholarships, but wouldn't be nearly as enthused about paying for uniforms or spare basketballs, or extra ace bandages. But that other stuff still needs to be paid for. So Team Makers raises money for a big chunk of the scholarships which frees up other athletic department funds for the non-sexy stuff. In short, know your audience.

Just a random thought, with no inside info to back it up.

In my experience that's exactly how it works. The more money bobcat Club raises for scholarships, the less needs to be used out of the general athletic fund. We also have QBC, which is a branch of the Bobcat Club, but that money goes specifically to the needs of the coaching staff, recruiting, and other incidentals.

Walkon79
02-20-2013, 03:10 PM
Sorry SAMSRAMS, can't blame the boosters or fans for this one in any way. :)

aces1180
02-20-2013, 03:16 PM
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/sports/bobcats/football/article_16904874-7af7-11e2-8fbc-001a4bcf887a.html

So which is it, 10 or 14 days? He doesn't remember when he called GT? What a clown.

tcbison
02-20-2013, 03:27 PM
In my experience that's exactly how it works. The more money bobcat Club raises for scholarships, the less needs to be used out of the general athletic fund. We also have QBC, which is a branch of the Bobcat Club, but that money goes specifically to the needs of the coaching staff, recruiting, and other incidentals.

I think you should ask your AD Fields if he had intentions to ever return a game to NDSU. After receiving a home game 8 years ago and not being able to fulfill a return game I would contend that it was never his intentions to go to Fargo at all. Basically, he just waited until the buyout was low enough to find a FBS game and pull the trigger on this transaction. Funny how your AD calls Gene Taylor his friend. Is this how you treat a friend? I realize the whole contract and buyout scenario but pulling this shit so late in the game is what is wrong. I know he is doing what is best for MSU but he just cost NDSU a ton of money and the fans don't get to see a major game that I am sure would have been televised.

Trumpster
02-20-2013, 03:29 PM
Basically, he just waited until the buyout was low enough to find a FBS game and pull the trigger on this transaction.

You know that the inital buyout was $10,000 right? :facepalm:

Bison Dan
02-20-2013, 03:38 PM
You know that the inital buyout was $10,000 right? :facepalm:You do realize that at the time that was signed 2003 - $10,000.00 was the standard and buyouts were not common at all.

aces1180
02-20-2013, 03:44 PM
You do realize that at the time that was signed 2003 - $10,000.00 was the standard and buyouts were not common at all.

^This...As was $100K in 2009.

Tatanka
02-20-2013, 04:05 PM
Looks like the Bozo paper gets their mathematicians* from the same factory as our fish wrap:

Montana State completed a deal with the FBS’ Southern Methodist University, netting them $300,00.

$300.00 isn't much money, assuming Bozeman uses European notation for their decimal mark.

* - or editors, your choice.

TAILG8R
02-20-2013, 04:10 PM
Looks like the Bozo paper gets their mathematicians* from the same factory as our fish wrap:

They were using the term netting as an action, the act of grabbing with a net. "I netted that butterfly" said Fields, Athletic Director at MSU.

Walkon79
02-20-2013, 04:11 PM
I think you should ask your AD Fields if he had intentions to ever return a game to NDSU. After receiving a home game 8 years ago and not being able to fulfill a return game I would contend that it was never his intentions to go to Fargo at all. Basically, he just waited until the buyout was low enough to find a FBS game and pull the trigger on this transaction. Funny how your AD calls Gene Taylor his friend. Is this how you treat a friend? I realize the whole contract and buyout scenario but pulling this shit so late in the game is what is wrong. I know he is doing what is best for MSU but he just cost NDSU a ton of money and the fans don't get to see a major game that I am sure would have been televised.

Your comments are relevent to the quoted post, how?

Bison 4 Life
02-20-2013, 04:16 PM

Well, you're the one wading into the Bison message board and those comments are quite appropriate.

tcbison
02-20-2013, 04:24 PM

They are more directed as a question to you instead of the quoted post. Sorry about that part but I think they are relevant questions to ask.

BlueBisonRock
02-20-2013, 05:08 PM

Interesting quote from the article:

Gene is not happy, and I don’t blame him; if I were in his shoes, I wouldn’t be happy, either. But this is a business transaction.”

Fields fails to realize that integrity is key to any business transaction and plays the Don Corleone card to describe his view of business transactions.

perthbison
02-20-2013, 05:34 PM

$300.00 isn't much money, assuming Bozeman uses European notation for their decimal mark.

* - or editors, your choice.I doubt they are netting 300 Grand. there must be expenses, probably more than comming to ndsu. Also, how many fewer of their fans will make the trip to smu as compared to ndsu.

BisonTeacher
02-20-2013, 05:48 PM
Also, how many fewer of their fans will make the trip to smu as compared to ndsu.

I don't know about that. Isnt SMU near Dallas? Maybe now that they've chickened out on NDSU, they figure this is the closest they will get to Frisco. :biggrin:

Mayville Bison
02-20-2013, 05:54 PM

It's nice to see that it's Bobcat fans and supporters that have posted the only comments this far. While it's only a matter of time until some Bison fans post there, this helps confirm their fan base also wanted to see the game and that the school is trying to protect a shot at a seed come playoff time.

Bison 4 Life
02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
I don't know about that. Isnt SMU near Dallas? Maybe now that they've chickened out on NDSU, they figure this is the closest they will get to Frisco. :biggrin:

Sure is. drove by it when I was sightseeing on Friday afternoon.

BisonTeacher
02-20-2013, 06:19 PM
Sure is. drove by it when I was sightseeing on Friday afternoon.

It was a rhetorical question. But glad to know its still there.

THEsocalledfan
02-20-2013, 06:23 PM

My goodness.....just read that article. What the heck happened to asking tough questions? I thought that was even worse than the typos.

perthbison
02-20-2013, 06:49 PM
My goodness.....just read that article. What the heck happened to asking tough questions? I thought that was even worse than the typos.:confused:does forum communications own papers over there too?:confused:

Answer Guy
02-20-2013, 07:21 PM

It's Big Sky math. You need to get the multiplier from Tony.

I'm just making sh*t up today, answerguy. :)

Or am I? Maybe I applied the No Defense In The Big Sky Multiplier of .558 or something to UND's conference score to show what they'd score in the average conference. If so, I was being generous because the Big Sky to MVFC conversion mulitplier is .2.

Tatanka
02-20-2013, 07:28 PM
It's Big Sky math. You need to get the multiplier from Tony.Indeed. My mistake.

Walkon79
02-20-2013, 07:42 PM
They are more directed as a question to you instead of the quoted post. Sorry about that part but I think they are relevant questions to ask.

I'll paraphrase the two questions actually asked:

- Did Peter ever intend to come to Fargo in the first place? Anyone that thinks otherwise just isn't seeing this clearly.

- Is this how you treat a friend? Absolutely not!! But I have many casual and some life-long friends who are also business associates, and if I felt it was necessary to make a business decision that may negatively impact a friendship, I would make that call depending on the situation. Bottom line is Family and Job often times trump friendship in everyday life.

Would you not agree?

TransAmBison
02-20-2013, 07:54 PM

- Did Peter ever intend to come to Fargo in the first place? Anyone that thinks otherwise just isn't seeing this clearly.

- Is this how you treat a friend? Absolutely not!! But I have many casual and some life-long friends who are also business associates, and if I felt it was necessary to make a business decision that may negatively impact a friendship, I would make that call depending on the situation. Bottom line is Family and Job often times trump friendship in everyday life.

Would you not agree?
Very narrow-minded viewpoint. You see it is affecting the relationship between NDSU and MSU...which it does, but you fail to take into account the FCS community at large. MSU has tarnished its image...and people will take notice.

This is a turd. Don't try to polish it.

Bison 4 Life
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
Very narrow-minded viewpoint. You see it is affecting the relationship between NDSU and MSU...which it does, but you fail to take into account the FCS community at large. MSU has tarnished its image...and people will take notice.

This is a turd. Don't try to polish it.

This.

People like to talk about how NDSU is out in the middle of nowhere but at least they are at the top of the heap. Bozeman is REALLY out in the middle of nowhere and with a bad reputation, home games against non DII teams are going to be hard to come by without a lot of cash.

Tatanka
02-20-2013, 08:41 PM
This.

People like to talk about how NDSU is out in the middle of nowhere but at least they are at the top of the heap. Bozeman is REALLY out in the middle of nowhere and with a bad reputation, home games against non DII teams are going to be hard to come by without a lot of cash.This. You think Montana's well-documented douchebaggery (buying out of two 2 for 1s after taking the two home games in both cases) isn't a key factor in any conversation regarding scheduling? You think that doesn't have anything to do with the price exponentially increasing for buyouts?

NorthernBison
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM

Would you not agree?

Let's keep this conversation to the "Business Decison" that was made. Gene and "??????" are "Business Associates". There is a HUGE difference between what you can do legally as part of a contract and what is Ethical (or the RIGHT thing to do). The FACT that Gene (a highly experienced AD) was shocked by the late date that the buyout was communicated is an indication of what a douche move it was (regardless of any spin from Bozeman). He's been bought out before.

Gene's words to the Media were pretty strong. I'm willing to bet his true feelings are significantly stronger. I'm also guessing that he won't be shy about "sharing" with his colleagues how he really feels. It's not such a large group. I'm guessing they talk.

ANY FCS AD out there should now be on notice if you are dealing with the people in Bozeman. Don't trust them. It's really not that hard to figure out.

unbison
02-20-2013, 10:38 PM
The ad in Bozeman;) the people in Bozeman kick ass

56BISON73
02-20-2013, 10:52 PM
Interesting quote from the article:

Fields fails to realize that integrity is key to any business transaction and plays the Don Corleone card to describe his view of business transactions.

You also dont screw people over regardless if its business or not. As you stated its all about integrity.

EndZoneQB
02-20-2013, 10:54 PM
Let's keep this conversation to the "Business Decison" that was made. Gene and "??????" are "Business Associates". There is a HUGE difference between what you can do legally as part of a contract and what is Ethical (or the RIGHT thing to do). The FACT that Gene (a highly experienced AD) was shocked by the late date that the buyout was communicated is an indication of what a douche move it was (regardless of any spin from Bozeman). He's been bought out before.

Gene's words to the Media were pretty strong. I'm willing to bet his true feelings are significantly stronger. I'm also guessing that he won't be shy about "sharing" with his colleagues how he really feels. It's not such a large group. I'm guessing they talk.

ANY FCS AD out there should now be on notice if you are dealing with the people in Bozeman. Don't trust them. It's really not that hard to figure out.

There is good news out of all of this tho. Southern Bison is now available to call other schools to help find MSU some good home and home series...

MontBison
02-22-2013, 04:40 PM
Why hasn't this been commented on. Dom said in the bison media blog, "Plus, I was told NDSU considered giving MSU a cash incentive to keep the game". If that's the case how much was it and it seems to me that it points to maybe MSU backing out because they didnt want the ass beating?

tony
02-22-2013, 04:52 PM
Why hasn't this been commented on. Dom said in the bison media blog, "Plus, I was told NDSU considered giving MSU a cash incentive to keep the game". If that's the case how much was it and it seems to me that it points to maybe MSU backing out because they didnt want the ass beating?

It sounds from that like NDSU considered offering a cash incentive but never did.

NDSUstudent
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
GT did say he came back to MSU with some kind of incentive, they mulled it over and then declined. He talked about it in one of the radio interviews that he had.

MontBison
02-22-2013, 05:28 PM
It sounds from that like NDSU considered offering a cash incentive but never did.

But why wouldn't have they offered them money if NDSU knew it would cost them at least $200,000 to schedule a new team. NDSU gets the home game MSU looks like the losers they are and has the money to schedule their home game...