PDA

View Full Version : RB's in '07

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-12-2006, 01:41 PM
Blincoe ran wild yesterday and Brower absolutely trucked tacklers when he got in there. We are going to miss Steffes next season, but I think we've got plenty of talent, especially if Cabell comes back.

Gully
11-12-2006, 02:01 PM
......and if Chapman comes back.

sambini
11-12-2006, 02:22 PM
We will miss Kyle Steffes. +++

Gamehunter
11-12-2006, 03:54 PM
Kyle is an awesome leader and is so consistent I don't know where to begin. He was huge in the Minnesota game even though we lost. Plus, he doubles as an extremely reliable reciever and triples as a QB now and then!

I do think a healthy Cabel could probably put up better numbers than Steffes. Cabel is just more explosive it seems. However, it is hard to say if he has the same fight that Steffes showed this year. In close games that is what matters most.

scottheck
11-12-2006, 04:13 PM
Blincoe ran wild yesterday and Brower absolutely trucked tacklers when he got in there. *We are going to miss Steffes next season, but I think we've got plenty of talent, especially if Cabell comes back.

With Cabell, possibly Chapman, and Jangula back, will Brower move back to LB?

Gully
11-12-2006, 04:27 PM
Blincoe ran wild yesterday and Brower absolutely trucked tacklers when he got in there. *We are going to miss Steffes next season, but I think we've got plenty of talent, especially if Cabell comes back.

We can just run the wishbone. Seriously, it would be hard to move him back...he looks really good at RB and we're very deep at LB.

BisonCountry
11-12-2006, 04:28 PM
Blincoe ran wild yesterday and Brower absolutely trucked tacklers when he got in there. We are going to miss Steffes next season, but I think we've got plenty of talent, especially if Cabell comes back.

It think whatever position allows him to see the most playing time because he is a very good athlete. Personally I'd like to see him stay on as a short distance back...he seems to punish tacklers and always falls forward.

Bisonguy
11-12-2006, 04:39 PM

Bohl stated in a post-game interview or on Bison feedback that he would be a RB next year.

NDSUFREAK10
11-12-2006, 04:49 PM
Whatever RB Coach Bohl chooses, they will be successful behind that O-Line.

Mr._Bill
11-12-2006, 04:50 PM
Steffes is a great combo back. You might find someone more explosive at times, but he is a great combination of speed, durability, power and explosiveness. He compares more to Satter than any other back that I can remember in NDSU history. Satter would have been a good back for the west coast offense also. Some of NDSU's power runners in the past may not have been as effective in this offense.

Steffes is entreched as one of the greats at NDSU!

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Regardless of who the full-time starters are, how about Jangula and Brower in the backfield? Talk about some power running.

lakesbison
11-14-2006, 04:37 PM
BROWER IN 07!!

That boy can play, I keep telling you!!

Mertens at QB in late 07 to get ready for 08 season.

with parsons in "slash" position, and Brower and Jangula in backfield with cabell/blincoe (thundar and lightning!)

Im excited for 08 already!!

BisonBacker
11-14-2006, 04:45 PM

I hope not. I think Brower is the real deal when it comes to RB. I hope Coach Bohl leaves him at that position and he gets plenty of reps next year back there.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-14-2006, 04:59 PM
We will still have a good backfield next year, even with the loss of Steffes. With Brower we have a back who can run into the teeth of the defense and wear teams down, and with Blincoe we have a nice change of pace back who could probably be the starter if need be. Throw in Jangula and that is one heck of a backfield. Personally I'd like to see Brower back there for most of the snaps, but that's just me.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I think Blincoe is starting to gel into a solid running back and it seems that he has the inside track on being the feature back next year. The guy has the speed, moves, and can catch the ball out of backfield as well all he needs to do is put on some weight so he can better handle the abuse of being of a feature back. Cabel is solid back as well and I was really impressed with him at the start of the year and depending on how he comes back from injury will decide whether or not he pushes Blincoe for the starting spot. Brower is a good back as well but he is more a third down short yardage, goal line, or put in the end of the game to grind out the clock type back then he is a feature back. He runs hard but I just don't see him as a feature back in a system like the West Coast offense. Rohl is also an option at RB but I think he is playing so well at FB that it would be next to impossible to move him from the spot.

Bison_Dan
11-14-2006, 06:31 PM
I think Blincoe is starting to gel into a solid running back and it seems that has the inside track on being the feature back next year. The guy has the speed, moves, and can catch the ball out of backfield as well all he needs to do is put on some weight so he can better handle the abuse of being of a feature back. Cabel is solid back as well and I was really impressed with him at the start of the year and depending on how he comes back from injury will decide whether or not he pushes Blincoe for the starting spot. Brower is a good back as well but he is more a third down short yardage, goal line, or put in the end of the game to grind out the clock type back then he is a feature back. He runs hard but I just don't see him as a feature back in a system like the West Coast offense. Rohl is also an option at RB but I think he is playing so well at FB that it would be next to impossible to move him from the spot.

I agree! Brower should stay at RB, but will be used in short yardage situations. He runs hard, and looked especially good against a beat down defense that just wanted to go home. Any back will look good with our O-Line. It'll be a dog fight between Cabel & Blincoe. :D

Gamehunter
11-14-2006, 09:45 PM
I can't wait to see next year's Jumbo package take the field on short yardage situations. It has got to be intimidating for an opposing defense. I strongly believe they will be as close to unstoppable as it gets in I-AA football. Jangula and Rohel at FB, Brower at RB, Buckman and Wurz at TE plus a massive offensive line.....

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-14-2006, 09:56 PM
I can't wait to see next year's Jumbo package take the field on short yardage situations. *It has got to be intimidating for an opposing defense. *I strongly believe they will be as close to unstoppable as it gets in I-AA football. *Jangula and Rohel at FB, Brower at RB, Buckman and Wurz at TE plus a massive offensive line.....

Yikes. Extra chin-straps all around on defense.