PDA

View Full Version : New Assistant Coach?

NDSUstudent
02-10-2013, 06:12 PM
North Dakota State: Sources tell me Sacramento State offensive line coach Conor Riley will join the NDSU staff.

http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1923

Conor Riley returns for his second season as the team's offensive line coach. Riley joined the Hornet staff in May of 2011.

In his first year at Sacramento State, Riley's group allowed just seven sacks in 11 games. Among the players he coached was Nate Doverspike, who earned second team all-Big Sky honors at tackle.

A veteran coach and former All-American, Riley served as the offensive line coach at Nebraska Omaha from 2007-10. As part of his responsibilities, he was also the Maverick's run game coordinator. During his tenure, Riley coached Ben Hochstein to Div. II All-America honors and also placed Jake Krause on the all-North Central Conference first team. In 2009, the Mavericks ranked fourth in Div. II in rushing offense.

Riley began his collegiate coaching career at UNO as a student and graduate assistant from 2003-05. He then left his alma mater to become the offensive line coach at Concordia University-St. Paul in 2006.

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/football/coach/bio.asp?COACH_ID=239

HerdBot
02-10-2013, 06:50 PM
Seems like a solid fit. First gig was at Concordia St Paul. Hails from Nebraska and played for and was a 4 year coach with UNO before they shut down the program. Obviously has a good background in running games and good Midwest roots. Currently recruits juco/high schools in the Sacramento area.

BisonNation11
02-10-2013, 06:56 PM
So where does he fit in on the staff with Fuchs as the O-line coach?

NDSUstudent
02-10-2013, 07:04 PM
So where does he fit in on the staff with Fuchs as the O-line coach?

Polasek coached FB/TE....I'm guessing he fits in there.

344Johnson
02-10-2013, 07:10 PM
Hope it is a good hire. I trust Bohl.

GOBISON123
02-11-2013, 03:56 AM
http://coachingsearch.com/coaching-search-ticker.html

http://hornets.bigskyfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1923

http://www.hornetsports.com/sports/football/coach/bio.asp?COACH_ID=239

I used to hang out in the Sacrqmento State for 3 years. Not going to school but just with some folks who went there , not once did i hear anything about this football team. I know they have an awesome Arabic restaurant there where all the kids go to smoke hukka but I did not know the Sacramento Cows had a Football team until now.

ndsubison1
02-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Follow fcs football more then ^^^

Castor Troy
02-11-2013, 11:46 AM
Seems like a solid fit. First gig was at Concordia St Paul. Hails from Nebraska and played for and was a 4 year coach with UNO before they shut down the program. Obviously has a good background in running games and good Midwest roots. Currently recruits juco/high schools in the Sacramento area.

I wonder if he is a Mark Mauer disciple.

BisonNeil
02-11-2013, 02:27 PM
I used to hang out in the Sacrqmento State for 3 years. Not going to school but just with some folks who went there , not once did i hear anything about this football team. I know they have an awesome Arabic restaurant there where all the kids go to smoke hukka but I did not know the Sacramento Cows had a Football team until now.

They were 6-5 last year, beat Colorado on the same day NDSU beat Colorado State. They were definitely an up and down team last year. They beat Cal Poly who made the playoffs but got pounded by the Whioux at home.

Regarding Polasek, I will miss him. Loved his fire. I know the GoBison website says he coached special teams, TE and FB, but he must have also coached the RBs since no one else is listed at a RB coach.

GOBISON123
02-11-2013, 02:55 PM
They were 6-5 last year, beat Colorado on the same day NDSU beat Colorado State. They were definitely an up and down team last year. They beat Cal Poly who made the playoffs but got pounded by the Whioux at home.

Regarding Polasek, I will miss him. Loved his fire. I know the GoBison website says he coached special teams, TE and FB, but he must have also coached the RBs since no one else is listed at a RB coach.

I trust our Big Bohl's decision. If he thinks this guy is a right fit, so be it.

Kermit
02-11-2013, 02:58 PM

Polasek was the RB coach through the 2010 season, before switching to TE/FB. Tyler Roehl coached the RBs in 2011 and Gordie Haug this past season. Roehl and Haug were both listed on GoBison.com as "offensive assistant."

BisonNeil
02-26-2013, 09:27 PM
I have been traveling a lot but have not been able to find anything new about Polasek's replacement. If I missed something, I would appreciate a link to the announcement.

tony
02-27-2013, 04:30 PM
I have been traveling a lot but have not been able to find anything new about Polasek's replacement. If I missed something, I would appreciate a link to the announcement.

I don't recall seeing any official announcement about Conor Riley. Just Sacramento State fans saying that he was coming here.

BisonNeil
03-30-2013, 02:27 PM
I don't recall seeing any official announcement about Conor Riley. Just Sacramento State fans saying that he was coming here.

I am just catching up on stuff but I see that Kolpack tweeted last Thursday that this is true. I know Tony, I am a day late and a dollar short.

Jeff Kolpack ‏@FGOSPORTSWRITER 28 Mar Forgot to add this yesterday, and it's old news, but Craig Bohl confirmed Conor Riley as the new TE-FB coach. Previously at Sac State/Omaha.

Hammerhead
04-01-2013, 06:27 PM
Gobison.com says it's official. (Or is it an April Fool's joke?)

Conor Riley Joins Bison Football Coaching Staff
Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
Release: April 01, 2013

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206849960

BisonNeil
04-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Gobison.com says it's official. (Or is it an April Fool's joke?)

Conor Riley Joins Bison Football Coaching Staff
Courtesy: NDSU Athletic Media Relations
Release: April 01, 2013

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206849960

I wonder if this will cause Bohl to shake up the recruiting territories? What I am getting at, I wonder who will take WI. Polask got some big time talent out of that state, both scholarship players and walk ons.

BisonNation11
04-01-2013, 06:56 PM
I wonder if this will cause Bohl to shake up the recruiting territories? What I am getting at, I wonder who will take WI. Polask got some big time talent out of that state, both scholarship players and walk ons.

Coach Goeser is from Eau Claire so I would assume he would take over that territory.

Mr. Burgundy
04-01-2013, 07:36 PM

Wisconsin was deemed "North Dakota East" by Mussman due to their recruiting success their last year.....you can't make it up, so I think we are just lucky to be allowed in. Goose was tremendous in Wisconsin last year.

BisonNeil
04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Wisconsin was deemed "North Dakota East" by Mussman due to their recruiting success their last year.....you can't make it up, so I think we are just lucky to be allowed in. Goose was tremendous in Wisconsin last year.

Ha! So, I guess Muss's seven trumps Bohl's seven, heh?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
04-02-2013, 12:44 AM
Ha! So, I guess Muss's seven trumps Bohl's seven, heh?

Ha, Ha. Hope Muss stays at el Forko for a long time.

CivilBison96
04-02-2013, 06:52 PM

No I think Muss got it right, he got the "2nd Tier" in WI just like he got in ND after NDSU got the "pick of the litter" in both states so to speak.

tony
04-02-2013, 07:04 PM
Coach Bohl had a lot of good things to say about Conor Riley today on 740. Said he used to come up and work camps. Not sure he mentioned it, but he coached at UNO when Scott Fuchs was their offensive line coach.

Bison"FANatic"
04-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Wow Muss is slacking this year only up to 30+ offers by the beginning of April.

Only 900 more to go before he finds the ten that want to come to UND.