PDA

View Full Version : DAKOTA MARKER GAME TIDBITS

SUSDog
11-14-2006, 12:58 AM
Dakota Marker to be at the Memorial Union from tomorrow morning until Friday. Friday morning the Marker will be on display at Scheels from 10am until right before gametime on Saturday. A representative from Blue Key Honor Fraternity will be on hand at Scheels "guarding" the trophy and answering any questions.

In other news, check out this link. Sounds like Coach "Stig" is afraid of the crowd noise at the Fargodome. Let's get this place rocking. Everybody get at least 2 of your friends to go. OPERATION SELL OUT!!

From ESPN.com....

It's an unbelievably tough place to play," Stiegelmeier said. "It would really be a big win ... the biggest win for our program up until this point." Bohl said NDSU is promoting the potential for a full house at
the dome, which seats 18,700. "We've labeled it Operation Sell Out," he said.

Stiegelmeier said he appreciates a noisy atmosphere as long as it's not artificially created. He said NDSU's public address announcer may be breaking NCAA rules by screaming to incite fans.

"We don't do that here and I don't think anybody should do that," Stiegelmeier said.
Bohl said he wears headphones during the game and can't hear the dome sound system, but said he believes NDSU is playing by the rules.

NDSUFREAK10
11-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Stiegelmeier said he appreciates a noisy atmosphere as long as it's not artificially created. He said NDSU's public address announcer may be breaking NCAA rules by screaming to incite fans.

"We don't do that here and I don't think anybody should do that," Stiegelmeier said.
Bohl said he wears headphones during the game and can't hear the dome sound system, but said he believes NDSU is playing by the rules.

How would that be breaking the rules? At the Minnesota game that happened with theirs promoting it.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-14-2006, 01:54 AM
Show up in force and eliminate the need for piped-in noise. I'm not sure that the FFD is going to be a deciding factor in the game anyway. Bison should show up big and control this game.

TAILG8R
11-14-2006, 02:02 AM
I actually get a little embarrassed for us when the PA announcer has to remind everyone we are at a football game. "Come on Bison fans it's 3rd and 8, which is a bad situation. So let's all cheer now and make some noise. See, because when you do it is disruptive for the other team ... YADA YADA YADA."

Man sometimes I swear he has to spell it out for the fans.

NDSUstudent
11-14-2006, 02:09 AM

If he wants the PA to tone it down the rabbits better tone down their bells(especially during basketball games). Almost every PA guy says, "Its third down X fans make some noise." Hell, the Gophers pumped the bands music in through the speakers on third downs. Its called a home field advantage for a reason, good teams win in any type of environment.

TAILG8R
11-14-2006, 03:13 AM
My point is, how out of touch are our fans? Nobody even knows when and why to cheer.

westriverbison
11-14-2006, 01:21 PM
I don't understand the complaining about the announcers. I was at the K-State-Nebraska game this year. Between plays the announcer was getting fans fired up, music on the PA, both bands were playing. Everyone was on their feet. You do what you need to to create the desired atmosphere. Noone, not even Lakes, can yell for 3 hours.

mebison
11-14-2006, 01:36 PM
I don't understand the complaining about the announcers. I was at the K-State-Nebraska game this year. Between plays the announcer was getting fans fired up, music on the PA, both bands were playing. Everyone was on their feet. You do what you need to to create the desired atmosphere. Noone, not even Lakes, can yell for 3 hours.

In cyberspace, no one can tell your voice is gone.

BisonBacker
11-14-2006, 03:54 PM
Dakota Marker to be at the Memorial Union from tomorrow morning until Friday. Friday morning the Marker will be on display at Scheels from 10am until right before gametime on Saturday. A representative from Blue Key Honor Fraternity will be on hand at Scheels "guarding" the trophy and answering any questions.

In other news, check out this link. Sounds like Coach "Stig" is afraid of the crowd noise at the Fargodome. Let's get this place rocking. Everybody get at least 2 of your friends to go. OPERATION SELL OUT!!

From ESPN.com....

It's an unbelievably tough place to play," Stiegelmeier said. "It would really be a big win ... the biggest win for our program up until this point." Bohl said NDSU is promoting the potential for a full house at

He better tell all the bunny fans to leave the cowbells at home. What a rube.

BisonBacker
11-14-2006, 03:55 PM

From ESPN.com....

Now I hope Dan does it even more on the PA just to piss off Stig. ;D ;D ;D

ALPHAMALE
11-14-2006, 04:15 PM
He better tell the fans at the dome when third down is. How else is he going to get their attention back to the football game? I think stig is being a little harsh on NDSU here, I mean, he has to know that only about 1/3 of the crowd actually is watching the game when their in the dome, the rest are talking about something else. ;D ;D ;D ;D

ALPHAMALE
11-14-2006, 04:36 PM
Robot Voice:

IT IS NOW THIRD DOWN....A FAILURE TO GAIN FIRST DOWN BY THE OFFENSE WOULD CAUSE A LIKELY CHANGE OF POSSESSION LEADING TO NDSU BEING ON OFFENSE....PLEASE MAKE NOISE TO ATTEMPT TO DISRUPT THE VISITOR TEAM FROM COMPLETING THEIR FIRST DOWN PLAY.

And you're telling me that all I have to do to get someone on a loud speaker to tell me how to act is pay $15.00. Oh man, how are those games not sold out all the time? $15.00 to be told step by step how to have fun... great idea bison.

mebison
11-14-2006, 05:30 PM
I don't know if $15 is a high price...I've never ordered Rabbit Stew anywhere else, so I don't know what it costs :-/

02Bison
11-14-2006, 05:50 PM
I actually get a little embarrassed for us when the PA announcer has to remind everyone we are at a football game. "Come on Bison fans it's 3rd and 8, which is a bad situation. So let's all cheer now and make some noise. See, because when you do it is disruptive for the other team ... YADA YADA YADA."

+++ The whole pre-kickoff speech and the constant begging for noise seemed tacky to me too.

Jdubs21
11-14-2006, 05:58 PM
is this a football game or a fairy fest...we should be able to make as much damn noise as we want

TAILG8R
11-14-2006, 07:56 PM
Noone, not even Lakes, can yell for 3 hours.

I don't know, how long was the game against the Goofers? I and many, many others yelled constantly from beginning to end and then some.

It can be done, you just need the right fan base. Which I think we have most of, we are just missing the spark. Like I stated before, our fans want to make the noise they are just too embarrassed to start it.

Bisonguy
11-14-2006, 08:08 PM
My point is, how out of touch are our fans? Nobody even knows when and why to cheer.

I don't think they're out of touch, they've been conditioned to be quiet. The NCC and the old AD share much of the blame.

BigBison
11-14-2006, 08:17 PM
yup fans are too embarrassed, they need a spark to come out of their shell. but heres the thing i dont understand is, every team that comes to the FFD says its loud, but everyone on this board seems to think that 2/3s of the fans are at church, we CAN be much louder but then again all the other teams seem to not like the noise that we make already.

TAILG8R
11-14-2006, 09:16 PM
I have noticed that being quoted in articles also. I think it's great. Now just imagine how bad they would hate it if we actually were loud.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Nothing----I mean nothing, was more annoying than hearing the Sioux announcer say, "okay Sioux fans it's 3rd down lets make some noise"

I had hoped we would never stoop that low. If our fans don't know the down and distance, they are not real fans. No one should have to be reminded when to make noise.

No_Skill
11-14-2006, 10:42 PM

+++ *The whole pre-kickoff speech and the constant begging for noise seemed tacky to me too. *

Tacky...no. It was pathetic, and I'm not talking about the announcer. Did the PA announcer in the Metrodome have to resort to these tactics?

NDSUstudent
11-14-2006, 11:00 PM

+++ *The whole pre-kickoff speech and the constant begging for noise seemed tacky to me too. *

Tacky...no. *It was pathetic, and I'm not talking about the announcer. *Did the PA announcer in the Metrodome have to resort to these tactics?

I didn't mind the pregame speech but when we are up by 21 and the game is pretty much in hand I do think he needs to cut back on the it's 3rd down stuff and thats another Bison 1st down(thats when it gets pretty tacky). I also can't remember if the Gophers did that or not but they did blare their band's music in through the speakers on 3rd downs, this kind of stuff happens everywhere. I'd rather have fans that make noise on 3rd downs then ones that are told nothing and just sit on their hands because maybe after sometime they'll eventually be trained in and the reminder won't be needed. You have to start somewhere, you can't expect the living dead to go from book readers to fanatics right away.

mebison
11-15-2006, 12:59 PM

I was thinking about this more last night and it occurred to me that if Stiegelmeier is most concerned about the PA noise, maybe he hasn't been following this team as closely as he should be :-?

I'd be more concerned about this:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=73759&Q_SEASON=2006

and this:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=73726&Q_SEASON=2006

and maybe this:
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=74285&Q_SEASON=2006

and there was something else, what was it? Oh yeah...
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11843&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=24 00&ATCLID=75916&Q_SEASON=2006

yeah, that's a decent start I think ;)

Bisonfan1
11-15-2006, 01:50 PM
Nothing----I mean nothing, was more annoying than hearing the Sioux announcer say, "okay Sioux fans it's 3rd down lets make some noise"

I had hoped we would never stoop that low. *If our fans don't know the down and distance, they are not real fans. No one should have to be reminded when to make noise.

That is pretty sad, I agree. However, it was NDSU that created the "social event" "big money rules" mentality, and for years we have been told to sit down and shut the f&%^ - up by these so called "fans" with support from Security to assist us back down in our seats and to shut the F up or be shown the one way door to the west parking lot. Was it really that bad just a couple years ago, last year? YOU BET IT WAS !! If takes a little training to make certain situations automatic for years to come, so be it. Thank goodness Coach Bohl has finally broken through to the NDSU administration who are now supporting a HOSTILE environment and openly asking fans for it. I still think indoor football sucks, however if we are allowed to stand and cheer like it should be and not let the living dead EVER take back the dome, I can be trained also. Lets pop that roof right off with noise against SDSU this Saturday !!!!!! And by the way, thank you to the "Big Money" people who support the Bison, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO HAVE FUN AT THE GAME, take the tie off for 3 hours and cut loose, scream out that frustration against the opposing team - you might even feel better after the game.

WYOBISONMAN
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I think that a lot of the noise was generated by the PA announcer doing just that. If that is what it takes to get the crowd "trained" as to when to make the most noise.......so be it. Something has to be done to get the crowd into the game and I think what the PA announcer was doing was just fine!

THEsocalledfan
11-15-2006, 05:28 PM
....these so called "fans" ....

I like this thread. *In the olden days which I call the "dark years" (1993-2002), "so called fans" were people like me who got in trouble for trying to go after the other team. *(This is how I came up with my moniker for those who do not personally know me.) *Granted, we did push and sometimes trample the bounderies of what was appropriate, but part of it for us was the frustration of being students in a facility with absolutely no spirit, no atmosphere, no passion.

(One of my friends got kicked out of a game against the University that must be named 2-3 times! *Great story...I will stop by the West lot on Saturday if anyone wants to hear it.)

I am glad to see that everyone is realizing the real "socalledfans" are the ones who sit on their hands waiting for direction from a PA announcer who they think is their Sunday pastor.....

An important lesson from the Gopher game was that we need people like us (the old socalledfans) to teach these people that the team needs our support. *I expect everyone on this board to stand without being directed by the PA when it is needed and to encourage those around you to do the same. *That is what happened at the Gopher game, and it got everyone into the game. *I am going to have my 3 and 5 year-old there, and they need to learn to cheer like real fans! *

(Last year for this game, TransAm and I sat in the student section and we found even they had a lot to learn in politely insulting the other team.....)