PDA

View Full Version : Delaware St.

aces1180
02-06-2013, 02:14 AM
I don't have a link, but I've heard rumors about the Bison hosting Delaware St. in September. Has anyone heard anything about this potential game?

acf2
02-06-2013, 02:23 AM
Did siouxsports get the scoop on this one?

MNLonghorn10
02-06-2013, 02:25 AM
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Hammerhead
02-06-2013, 02:26 AM
While looking for info on DSU, I found this gem on wikipedia:

DSU never been scheduled by potential instate rival University of Delaware for a regular season game. This is highly unusual for two state universities, that play on the same athletic tier, to not play one another, especially one that is less than one hour's drive away from campus.

I guess we can get by without playing the Whioux. ;)

SlickVic
02-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Joe flacco U hell to the ya mnlonghorn we frisco cruisin in september pump it up yo

aces1180
02-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Joe flacco U hell to the ya mnlonghorn we frisco cruisin in september pump it up yo

Sorry Slickster, Flacco was a Blue Hen, not a Hornet.

Hammerhead
02-06-2013, 02:39 AM
The Hornets are the team that lost to Portland State 105 to zero in 1980. http://archives.midweek.com/content/columns/keepingscore_article/the_day_mouses_team_scored_105/

WRSDBison
02-06-2013, 02:42 AM

Check your facts.

onbison09
02-06-2013, 03:13 AM

DSU never been scheduled by potential instate rival University of Delaware for a regular season game. This is highly unusual for two state universities, that play on the same athletic tier, to not play one another, especially one that is less than one hour's drive away from campus.

There's actually history behind that because DSU is a HBCU. A lot of pent up feelings. I remember when they played in the playoffs awhile ago.

80ALUM
02-06-2013, 03:17 AM

According to their website they played Delaware on Sept. 8 and lost.

56BISON73
02-06-2013, 03:20 AM
There's actually history behind that because DSU is a HBCU. A lot of pent up feelings. I remember when they played in the playoffs awhile ago.

Yep same lame arguments they use to not play each other. Its dejavue all over again.:biggrin:

TbonZach
02-06-2013, 03:26 AM
Yep same lame arguments they use to not play each other. Its dejavue all over again.:biggrin:

Minus the whole HBCU thing. Either that, or we're the whitest black people I've seen outside of Michael Jackson! :biggrin:

56BISON73
02-06-2013, 03:30 AM
Minus the whole HBCU thing. Either that, or we're the whitest black people I've seen outside of Michael Jackson! :biggrin:

A few years ago they had to play each other and the build up was funny. I went to there message board and you just cant believe the arguments that were used for not playing and to play each other. They could have taken the thread right out of BV. All they needed to do was change the names.

BisonFan02
02-06-2013, 03:34 AM
A few years ago they had to play each other and the build up was funny. I went to there message board and you just cant believe the arguments that were used for not playing and to play each other. They could have taken the thread right out of BV. All they needed to do was change the names.

Didn't Delaware win that game 40some to 7 with Flacco at the helm (believe that was the 07 season where they lost to Appy in the finals).

56BISON73
02-06-2013, 03:36 AM
Didn't Delaware win that game 40some to 7 with Flacco at the helm (believe that was the 07 season where they lost to Appy in the finals).

Yeah thats the one.

MankatoBison
02-06-2013, 03:33 PM

Just because someone else is an idiot doesnt mean we have to be

EagleBison
02-07-2013, 06:45 PM

Delawhioux had West Chester on their schedule for years.

BisonTeacher
02-07-2013, 07:10 PM
Just because someone else is an idiot doesnt mean we have to be

Just to be clear...are you saying everyone who thinks we shouldnt play the "School up North Whioux Must not be Named" are idiots?

NFH Schlüssel
02-07-2013, 11:42 PM
I don't have a link, but I've heard rumors about the Bison hosting Delaware St. in September. Has anyone heard anything about this potential game?

If it's played in Dover, I might be the only one wearing green & gold!

MankatoBison
02-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Just to be clear...are you saying everyone who thinks we shouldnt play the "School up North Whioux Must not be Named" are idiots?

No what I'm saying, is that if we don't play them, it should be for our own reasons. Not because "Delaware and Delaware St dont play anymore so we shouldnt either". To enter that into your reasoning, would be idiotic.

NDSU1980
02-08-2013, 01:49 AM
No what I'm saying, is that if we don't play them, it should be for our own reasons. Not because "Delaware and Delaware St dont play anymore so we shouldnt either". To enter that into your reasoning, would be idiotic.We have our own reasons for not playing them. Roger Thomas said so.

bisonaudit
02-08-2013, 02:01 AM
Delaware and Delaware St. have played each other in the regular season 3 times in the last 4 years and they are scheduled to play the next two years at least. They've overcome much more serious issues than those preventing the resumption of NDSU v. UND. If you're looking for a mid-Atlantic comparison the petty garbage preventing Georgetown and Maryland from playing basketball against each other is much more apt. They can't even get together for the benefit of local charities.

BisonTeacher
02-08-2013, 02:49 AM
No what I'm saying, is that if we don't play them, it should be for our own reasons. Not because "Delaware and Delaware St dont play anymore so we shouldnt either". To enter that into your reasoning, would be idiotic.

Ok. My bad. Thank you for clarifying.

BisonNation11
02-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Ok. My bad. Thank you for clarifying.

:rofl:

I don't know how you said that with a straight face!

GSUsTALON
02-08-2013, 03:59 PM
First Western Carolina & now Delaware State?

You guys just really want to run up the score & place a beat down on a southern team.

EndZoneQB
02-08-2013, 04:03 PM

You guys just really want to run up the score & place a beat down on a southern team.

Hey, we tried to play you, but you guys p*ssed out. Instead, you got to come up here and lose TWICE when the game meant something. At least Delaware St. knows their place in the pecking order. You guys are slowing learning, though. Maybe after your third straight playoff loss to us you'll finally understand. I doubt it, though...southerners aren't known for smarts.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it, b*tch.

TransAmBison
02-08-2013, 04:15 PM

You guys just really want to run up the score & place a beat down on a southern team.You guys available? :D

TAILG8R
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Hey, we tried to play you, but you guys p*ssed out. Instead, you got to come up here and lose TWICE when the game meant something. At least Delaware St. knows their place in the pecking order. You guys are slowing learning, though. Maybe after your third straight playoff loss to us you'll finally understand. I doubt it, though...southerners aren't known for smarts.

We won't beat them again in the playoffs because they will be playing in bowl gam.... :rofl:

HerdBot
02-08-2013, 04:17 PM
Delaware State would be great. Lets do it.

But I can never think Delaware without thinking of this. Sorry its a cheap shot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDGDgc1qNCA

NDSU
02-08-2013, 10:31 PM
You guys available? :D

haha - I like this!!!

IzzyFlexion
02-08-2013, 11:09 PM

To begin..................@EZQ: post of the fucking year.
Secondly, GSU fella..........do you not realize how badly you were asking for that epic pwnage?

BadlandsBison
02-08-2013, 11:25 PM

Call us if you wanna loose again. And bring Bret Russell for lulz please

BisonTeacher
02-08-2013, 11:58 PM

Things slow on GSUfans tonight?

Tatanka
02-09-2013, 02:00 PM

You guys just really want to run up the score & place a beat down on a southern team.news flash dill hole: To North Dakota State, you're ALL southern teams. Shit, that team in el forko Grande is so far south they're only 75 miles north of here.

56BISON73
02-09-2013, 06:39 PM

Check last two years. Mission accomplished.

Bison 4 Life
02-09-2013, 07:46 PM
In fact, the last time NDSU lost to a team south of I-70 was in 2010, and that was Mo St. which shouldn't even count

Elvis was a Bison
02-09-2013, 08:49 PM

Hey look, fellas!! One of our favorite "shirt-tail champions" has decided to grace our board with his Southern charm. Welcome back, douchebag... Sorry you couldn't stay, but we'll hear from you next year and then we'll kick the crap out of your birds again.

Bison 4 Life
02-10-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey look, fellas!! One of our favorite "shirt-tail champions" has decided to grace our board with his Southern charm. Welcome back, douchebag... Sorry you couldn't stay, but we'll hear from you next year and then we'll kick the crap out of your birds again.

Nope. The Sun Belt is trying to call, they just can't get a cell signal right now.

ndsubison1
02-10-2013, 07:32 PM

Dsu is better than wcu. Ppl will still complain tho

devin45k
02-10-2013, 08:17 PM

It's dumb.....home game is a home game. Our conference is already hard enough

Hansel
02-10-2013, 10:46 PM
In fact, the last time NDSU lost to a team south of I-70 was in 2010, and that was Mo St. which shouldn't even count

Since moving up, NDSU is 18-1 against teams from Confederate States (only loss at SHSU in the 3-8 season)

HandoEX
02-11-2013, 02:35 AM
The South will never rise again...at least not in FCS football.

344Johnson
02-11-2013, 06:09 PM
Since moving up, NDSU is 18-1 against teams from Confederate States (only loss at SHSU in the 3-8 season)

fun fact. 10 char

GSUsTALON
02-11-2013, 06:54 PM
"Some of you" on this board can kiss my @ss.....;-)

But then again
I'm a loser baby, a loser baby
so why dont you kill me.

EndZoneQB
02-11-2013, 06:57 PM

I'm a loser baby
so why dont you kill me.

You're dead to me....

FarSouth Bison
02-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Must be real quite on your forum, that your iver here in Bisonville!

tony
02-11-2013, 07:13 PM

Sam Houston stayed loyal during the Civil War though so maybe that had an effect.

jub1982
02-11-2013, 10:25 PM
Is there anything official on this yet?

56BISON73
02-12-2013, 12:26 AM

But then again
so why dont you kill me.

Wow you folded like a cheap suit case.:rofl:

BisonTeacher
02-12-2013, 12:33 AM

But then again
so why dont you kill me.

Wouldnt your time be better spent in the recruiting thread on GSUfans helping your team find a kicker?

BisonNation11
02-12-2013, 12:40 AM
Shouldnt you be busy in the recruiting thread on GSUfans helping your team find a kicker?

Oh they recruited one. He will be popular with the guys. I present to you, I kid you not, YoungHoe Koo.

They also recruited 6 RB's, 5 of which are under 5'10". Ask Mr. Bell or Flanders how that works out.

BisonTeacher
02-12-2013, 12:53 AM
Oh they recruited one. He will be popular with the guys. I present to you, I kid you not, YoungHoe Koo.

They also recruited 6 RB's, 5 of which are under 5'10". Ask Mr. Bell or Flanders how that works out.

Thats not what i heard. I heard they were going to use that kicker spot for another qb. One for first down, one for second and one for third.

EndZoneQB
02-12-2013, 01:00 AM
Is there anything official on this yet?

It's Bisonville, nothing is posted here until it's official...

BisonNation11
02-12-2013, 01:01 AM
They got a QB in the class as well so they are set for that. It's that 4th down play when they are within FG range that they have a problem with... YoungHoe should take care of that... You Koo?

WRSDBison
02-12-2013, 01:01 AM

The Blue Hawks are a program on the rise from what I hear.:hide:

GSUsTALON
02-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Since some asked this is our new group less the D back transfer from Pitt and two others intrested in transfering.

http://gseagles.com/sports/mens/football/headlines/12704-football-signs-23

GSUs new kicker "Younghoe".
I guess I never thought much about the kickers at GSU before. We always had good ones, but after last year I myself am excited to have him.
Last year we lost two regular season games because of field goals. I was at the AppSt game where we missed "3" chip shots where 2 FGs would have won the game for us.
I've never seen such excitement on gsufans.com over giving a scholarship to a kicker before. He was perfect last year in highschool and can handle the kickoffs, PATs & field goal attempts.His long in the (field goal range) is 58 yards from the ground but can put it into the end zone with a tee. The first minute of the video is warm ups but you can see his range and accuracy in the rest if you’re interested. This gives use a choice now weather to go for it on 4th down, we just about had to last year or go for 3.

Party On Bison Faithful

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qxzy9kcjRk

aces1180
02-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Contract is sent to DSU...Waiting for it to be returned.

https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/302437829928177664 (https://twitter.com/FGOSPORTSWRITER/status/302437829928177664)

MNLonghorn10
02-15-2013, 03:02 PM
It's dumb.....home game is a home game. Our conference is already hard enough

I dont see how this benefits ndsu at all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

TransAmBison
02-15-2013, 03:11 PM
I dont see how this benefits ndsu at all.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2You're eyes are closed again. No need to thank me.

Tatanka
02-15-2013, 03:43 PM
You're eyes are closed again. No need to thank me.http://www.troll.me/images/trololo/id-rather-like-you-to-know-youve-been-trolled.jpg

TransAmBison
02-15-2013, 03:54 PM
http://www.troll.me/images/trololo/id-rather-like-you-to-know-youve-been-trolled.jpg
I wasn't being serious...sorry...should have added teh purple.*

*One should know I would never post a serious message to leghorn.**

**For one, he is too dimwitted to understand.***
***For two, he's from Moorhead.****
****But I repeat myself...

MNLonghorn10
02-15-2013, 05:23 PM
North Dakota State Bison
‎"Like" this status if your pumped for some Bison football! NDSU finalized its 2013 football schedule with Delaware State on Sept. 21 at Gate City Bank Field.

HOOORAYYYY!!!!!!!

BisonNation11
02-15-2013, 05:30 PM
Well I'm glad it's figured out now and we don't have to wait so long in the off season to get this thing done. Looking forward to whooping up on some new blood!

UncleBuck
02-15-2013, 05:36 PM
Check out their fanboard in eye-searing red.

http://thehornetsnest.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=football

Virtually no activity in two years.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 05:39 PM
I can't wait to read the geniuses at SS.com criticizing NDSU for scheduling a cupcake...even though they play Valpo*.

Valpo may consider UN_ a cupcake in their own right.

perthbison
02-15-2013, 06:01 PM
I can't wait to read the geniuses at SS.com criticizing NDSU for scheduling a cupcake...even though they play Drake*.

Drake may consider UN_ a cupcake in their own right.I could care less what they think. I guarantee ther'll be plenty of sioux alum and some students tailgating in the west lot though.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 06:02 PM
Izzo just tweeted that it cost NDSU $200K to bring DSU to Fargo...That's not too bad.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 06:03 PM
I could care less what they think. I guarantee ther'll be plenty of sioux alum and some students tailgating in the west lot though.

I don't care what they think either...I just like making fun of them.

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 06:10 PM
I can't wait to read the geniuses at SS.com criticizing NDSU for scheduling a cupcake...even though they play Drake*.

Drake may consider UN_ a cupcake in their own right.

Oh yes, the toughest conference schedule in the nation, a top 5 ranked Montana State, and oh yeah a top 5 ranked BCS team in Kansas State. Although I'm a little jealous of the fact they have 7 home games this year and only 4 road games. Plus their first 3 games are early in the year while we have the early bye week. Their non conference is pretty darn good with SDSU and Montana (non conference game). THey dont play Drake... Valpo is their cupcake. Sure beats the South Dakota school of mimes.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 06:12 PM
Oh yes, the toughest conference schedule in the nation, a top 5 ranked Montana State, and oh yeah a top 5 ranked BCS team in Kansas State. Although I'm a little jealous of the fact they UN_ have 7 home games this year and only 4 road games. Their non conference is pretty darn good with SDSU and Montana (non conference game). THey dont play Drake... Valpo is their cupcake. Sure beats the South Dakota school of mimes.

Valpo...My bad.

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 06:18 PM
I got my 6 home games. I am happy. They are all counters too and how can we not be pumped up about Montana State in the dome? Awesome game. If we beat Montana State, it will do wonders for the RPI too. Yes, Deleware State is a cupcake but every team has a cupcake. Heck Montana plays a D2 game this year. Last year Montana State played a D2 school. At least ours is an official D1 win.

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 06:24 PM
Montana has 12 games.

tcbison
02-15-2013, 06:49 PM
Montana has 12 games.

I guess you could say 12 games. One of their games is against Oklahoma Panhandle State.

imabison
02-15-2013, 06:51 PM
So is it Delaware or Delaware State??

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/390118/group/homepage/
NDSU fills out its football schedule with Delaware

aces1180
02-15-2013, 06:51 PM
I guess you could say 12 games. One of their games is against Oklahoma Panhandle State.

Yep...Just another chance to pocket some revenue and also get your players possibly injured in a meaningless game.

Tatanka
02-15-2013, 06:53 PM

NDSU fills out its football schedule with DelawareThat is so unlike the Forum to have an article with a misleading or factually incorrect headline.

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 06:53 PM

That was for Gabe. Montana has as many counters as we do.

I'm glad we got Delaware State finalized and for a reasonable price. I thought it would cost more than what was tweeted.

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 06:54 PM
Yep...Just another chance to pocket some revenue and also get your players possibly injured in a meaningless game.

Nope. It's to appease their fanbase who demand 6 home games.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 07:03 PM
Nope. It's to appease their fanbase who demand 6 home games.

I'm sure they could have gotten another counter to come to Missoula if they tried...bringing in a DII school does nothing except maybe allow some younger players get some game action. That's a poor decision.

NDSU will be able to do that with DSU and get a D-I win.

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 07:09 PM
That was for Gabe. Montana has as many counters as we do.

I'm glad we got Delaware State finalized and for a reasonable price. I thought it would cost more than what was tweeted.

200K isn't cheap but I would imagine ticket prices go up so that should cover the cost. Could have been worse. At least we filled it and not only that, filled the 2016 spot too and with inflation, we may have gotten a bargain with Western Carolina

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm sure they could have gotten another counter to come to Missoula if they tried...bringing in a DII school does nothing except maybe allow some younger players get some game action. That's a poor decision.

NDSU will be able to do that with DSU and get a D-I win.

What makes you sure? I'm asking because I have no idea who had open dates that matched up. I also have no idea what they are paying in terms of a guaranty.

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 07:18 PM
200K isn't cheap but I would imagine ticket prices go up so that should cover the cost. Could have been worse. At least we filled it and not only that, filled the 2016 spot too and with inflation, we may have gotten a bargain with Western Carolina

I don't think ticket prices are going up this year. At least that's what a little birdy told me.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 07:36 PM
What makes you sure? I'm asking because I have no idea who had open dates that matched up. I also have no idea what they are paying in terms of a guaranty.

Delaware State, before NDSU scheduled them, had September 21 open, which is the same day Montana hosts Oklahoma Panhandle...There are plenty of FCS teams that could have traveled to Missoula for their 6th game.

You can also look at Izzo's list here: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/302492653629632512/photo/1

EndZoneQB
02-15-2013, 07:41 PM
Delaware State, before NDSU scheduled them, had September 21 open, which is the same day Montana hosts Oklahoma Panhandle...There are plenty of FCS teams that could have traveled to Missoula for their 6th game.

You can also look at Izzo's list here: https://twitter.com/DomIzzoWDAY/status/302492653629632512/photo/1

Can anyone else tell Izzo REALLY enjoys his job?? His vlogs from like 2am in house and now just a random piece of paper where he worked out all the free teams, etc.

aces1180
02-15-2013, 07:46 PM
Can anyone else tell Izzo REALLY enjoys his job?? His vlogs from like 2am in house and now just a random piece of paper where he worked out all the free teams, etc.

He's a sports nut is REALLY good at it too!

NorthernBison
02-15-2013, 07:47 PM

Quite a list. They probably could have found a program there willing to take a check. Probably quite a few looking for a home game but there were cupcakes on there that have come to Fargo.

MNLonghorn10
02-15-2013, 08:33 PM

NDSU fills out its football schedule with Delaware

Ndsu should be hypin the hell out of the fact that joe flacco went to delaware state...that would gain interest and nobody would know..

perthbison
02-15-2013, 08:39 PM
Anybody happen toknow what the griz pay a D2 school to come there?

Strommer10
02-15-2013, 08:40 PM
He's a great reporter and we are lucky to have him and Jeff cover NDSU like they do. I wish the other local sports media groups would be as professional as Dom is.

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 08:41 PM
I don't think ticket prices are going up this year. At least that's what a little birdy told me.

Almost seems silly to not raise them a little coming off a Championship. Heck a buck a game or $6 a year per seat x 15,000 = 75 grand. Could probably go towards HD broadcast costs! :) Supply and demand shows our tickets are too cheap. Not that I'm complaining!

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 08:43 PM
Ndsu should be hypin the hell out of the fact that joe flacco went to delaware state...that would gain interest and nobody would know..

Agree. We do a poor job of hyping up opponents and creating story lines. That is certainly an interesting fact

aces1180
02-15-2013, 08:49 PM
Agree. We do a poor job of hyping up opponents and creating story lines. That is certainly an interesting fact

http://ferringtonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mitt-Romney-Sucks-Here’s-Why-Photo-by-2bp.jpg

roadwarrior
02-15-2013, 08:52 PM
:facepalm:

HerdBot
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
http://ferringtonpost.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Mitt-Romney-Sucks-Here’s-Why-Photo-by-2bp.jpg

Outside of Dale Lennon and Rhett Bomar, give me some examples?

KidZer0
02-15-2013, 08:54 PM
Flacco went to The University of Delaware, not Delaware St...

BisonNation11
02-15-2013, 08:58 PM

I heard the same thing from a little birdy. University doesn't want to look greedy after B2B 'ships. Lucky us!

aces1180
02-15-2013, 08:59 PM
To put things into perspective, Delaware is to Delaware State as NDSU is to UND.

ndsubison1
02-15-2013, 09:52 PM
I can't wait to read the geniuses at SS.com criticizing NDSU for scheduling a cupcake...even though they play Valpo*.

Valpo may consider UN_ a cupcake in their own right.

i guess i would put them as a step above robert morris and prairie view. still a cupcake for us though

silkamilkamonico
02-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Delaware state? Zzzzzzzzzzzz

devin45k
02-15-2013, 09:59 PM
Bison home game is always good in my books.

No complaints from me.

Southern Bison
02-15-2013, 10:12 PM

Gabe, are you saying that this is a home & home contract? Will NDSU travel to DSU in 2016?

jub1982
02-15-2013, 10:16 PM
The Western Carolina game has been moved to 2016. That's what he meant by saying a 2016 spot has been filled. We'll see if they don't buyout or move it though.

dragonsfan
02-15-2013, 10:39 PM
sounds like a win and a fun tailgate for you guys

EndZoneQB
02-15-2013, 11:37 PM
i guess i would put them as a step above robert morris and prairie view. still a cupcake for us though

That's an unfair comparison tho. Pretty much anyone not in the top 10 or in the BSC could be considered a "cupcake" to us, at least next year.

MNLonghorn10
02-16-2013, 12:16 AM
Prime example A

NDSU1980
02-16-2013, 12:55 AM
The Western Carolina game has been moved to 2016. That's what he meant by saying a 2016 spot has been filled. We'll see if they don't buyout or move it though.So, did this cost Carolina anything to move the game back 3 years? Do we get the full buyout plus get the game rescheduled, or is it moved for free?

JSUBison
02-16-2013, 01:02 AM

All the cool kids post at meacfanszone.

GOB1SON
02-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Ndsu should be hypin the hell out of the fact that John Taylor went to delaware state...that would gain interest and nobody would know..

Fixed it. Second greatest receiver in NFL history, after Randy Moss.

marenlee
02-16-2013, 06:19 PM
Well hopefully WCU can figure out how to play Fball by 2016. I always rag on FBS teams playing soft opponents and feel the same way about NDSU. That being said, I do understand why it is done, but the football fan in me wants to see them play the best competition.

HerdBot
02-16-2013, 07:43 PM
Well hopefully WCU can figure out how to play Fball by 2016. I always rag on FBS teams playing soft opponents and feel the same way about NDSU. That being said, I do understand why it is done, but the football fan in me wants to see them play the best competition.

I hear ya but the best competition is in the playoffs. Makes Montana State a little risky because a win over a cupcake will be worth more than a loss to a great team. Of course if we beat Montana State, it will be convincing to the playoff committee even with 3 losses

What sucks about playing great teams is you have to show more to win, which makes it easier on conference opponents. You play Prairie view we can win by running a generic vanilla offense

Snowgoose
02-16-2013, 08:46 PM
What sucks about playing great teams is you have to show more to win, which makes it easier on conference opponents. You play Prairie view we can win by running a generic vanilla offense[/QUOTE]

Isn't a generic vanilla offense what we ran all year no matter who we played until the playoffs began of course.

HerdBot
02-16-2013, 09:43 PM
What sucks about playing great teams is you have to show more to win, which makes it easier on conference opponents. You play Prairie view we can win by running a generic vanilla offense

Isn't a generic vanilla offense what we ran all year no matter who we played until the playoffs began of course.[/QUOTE]

On the surface yes our offense looked completely different towards the end of the year. Defenses started playing us different. Thats why we saw Brock run so much late in the year

DSUrocks07
02-17-2013, 09:04 PM

Hey it sounds like a good idea on paper. :facepalm2:

Bison 4 Life
02-17-2013, 09:24 PM
Hey it sounds like a good idea on paper. :facepalm2:

Holy shit, that makes Sam Houston's page look pretty!

gumby013
02-17-2013, 09:34 PM

Yikes, that make's Missouri's board look readable.

http://www.tigerboard.com/boards/list.php?board=2

DSUrocks07
02-17-2013, 11:28 PM
I set up that page years ago, and I'm pretty much the reason why it hasn't caught on and seen use in the last two years. Like it was said earlier, you would be much more successful going to the MEACFans Zone board. Much more active and more posters from some of the more notable schools in the conference.

I'm looking at attending this game. But I've never been further west than Chicago in my life. I'll be sure to ask questions about travel and lodging and such in the future. But right now I'd like to say its pretty awesome to be playing against the defending champs. Looking forward to the tailgating.

Gully
02-17-2013, 11:53 PM
I set up that page years ago, and I'm pretty much the reason why it hasn't caught on and seen use in the last two years. Like it was said earlier, you would be much more successful going to the MEACFans Zone board. Much more active and more posters from some of the more notable schools in the conference.

I'm looking at attending this game. But I've never been further west than Chicago in my life. I'll be sure to ask questions about travel and lodging and such in the future. But right now I'd like to say its pretty awesome to be playing against the defending champs. Looking forward to the tailgating.

I would encourage you to come. Walk around the west lot and you will be welcomed with open arms. I'm pretty sure you'll get enough to eat and drink. I like the idea of us playing some different teams from out of the area. Makes it interesting.

I believe you're in the same conference as Morgan State that we played a couple of years ago. Is that right? If so, how would you compare the two football programs?

tony
02-19-2013, 06:51 PM

Hope you make it out to Fargo, DSURocks07! We'll be glad to answer any questions you have.

gumby013
07-15-2013, 01:07 AM
DSU plays Towson on 9/14. I'm going to make a trip down to Maryland to scout them. Reports will be provided.

56BISON73
06-25-2019, 09:51 PM
Plane tickets purchased today. Southwest from MPLS to Philly 193.99 round trip.

Vet70
06-25-2019, 09:56 PM
Plane tickets purchased today. Southwest from MPLS to Philly 193.99 round trip.

Pat, I don't think you want to go to Delaware State.

56BISON73
06-25-2019, 10:08 PM
Pat, I don't think you want to go to Delaware State.

LOL You my friend are correct. Damn

MNLonghorn10
06-25-2019, 11:36 PM
How in the world did you even dig up this thread

56BISON73
06-25-2019, 11:38 PM
How in the world did you even dig up this thread

Its a gift??? I put in a search for Deleware and this came up first and I didnt pay attention close enough.:pan:

Vet70
06-25-2019, 11:45 PM
Its a gift??? I put in a search for Deleware and this came up first and I didnt pay attention close enough.:pan:

Are you sure you bought tickets to Philly?

56BISON73
06-25-2019, 11:51 PM
Are you sure you bought tickets to Philly?

Actually Tatanka made the purchase sooo--oh wait---may be I am going to Delaware st???:D

Gully
06-26-2019, 11:14 AM
This gave me a good chuckle this morning. I thought, "I wonder why someone is posting about Delaware State". Throwback thread.

I'm planning on going (to Delaware)....see you there Pat.

scottietohottie
06-26-2019, 11:32 AM
The arrogance of bison fans is astounding.

Vet70
06-26-2019, 11:54 AM
The arrogance of bison fans is astounding.

Why the purple?

scottietohottie
06-26-2019, 12:11 PM
Why the purple?

Because it probably had more to do with old age then arrogance.