PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Saul + Oakland

BryanWXOU
02-06-2013, 12:34 AM
Just wanted to say, congrats on the season ya'll are having. Unfortunate to see Taylor get injured in crunch time.

I'm talking with Coach tomorrow for a pre-taped interview we're doing for our pre-game show on WXOU Thursday and my talk show, and wanted to open it up to some of you all who might have some good questions to ask looking ahead to Thursday's game here up in Michigan. We're fortunate to have Kampe here, but Saul is my other favorite coach in the league to talk to on the men's side. Been lurking around the forums the last week or so and seems like there's as many tough critics here as there are fans of Oakland in terms of expectations and performance.

Not sure how much insight I have or questions I can answer, but I can tell you that Ryan Bass is hobbled for us and either Matt Poches or Duke Mondy could possibly start for us Thursday at guard. Dante Williams is also seeing increased production for us at the 3-spot, and I feel like the Bass-Bader-Williams-Valentine-Petros lineup with Mondy playing heavy minutes off the bench has been noticeably more efficient, so while his injury on the surface doesn't appear to be Braun-esque, carries a great deal of impact.

Love your guys forum. Obviously having a football team, let alone one as dominant as ya'll have been recently is a huge boost, but the conversation here is unparalleled within the conference.

AjaxTheMighty
02-06-2013, 02:31 AM
Just wanted to say, congrats on the season ya'll are having. Unfortunate to see Taylor get injured in crunch time.

I'm talking with Coach tomorrow for a pre-taped interview we're doing for our pre-game show on WXOU Thursday and my talk show, and wanted to open it up to some of you all who might have some good questions to ask looking ahead to Thursday's game here up in Michigan. We're fortunate to have Kampe here, but Saul is my other favorite coach in the league to talk to on the men's side. Been lurking around the forums the last week or so and seems like there's as many tough critics here as there are fans of Oakland in terms of expectations and performance.

Not sure how much insight I have or questions I can answer, but I can tell you that Ryan Bass is hobbled for us and either Matt Poches or Duke Mondy could possibly start for us Thursday at guard. Dante Williams is also seeing increased production for us at the 3-spot, and I feel like the Bass-Bader-Williams-Valentine-Petros lineup with Mondy playing heavy minutes off the bench has been noticeably more efficient, so while his injury on the surface doesn't appear to be Braun-esque, carries a great deal of impact.

Love your guys forum. Obviously having a football team, let alone one as dominant as ya'll have been recently is a huge boost, but the conversation here is unparalleled within the conference.

Seven things: 1.) Welcome to Bisonville 2.) Do you podcast your show so we can listen as well? 3.) We love the Bison 4.) Our football team probably would beat all the Michigan athletic teams put together - They are that good! (MNLonghorn will love that one) 5.) Bisonville is both lively and thought provoking 6.) Most people on here are quite nice.....in person 7.) Never trust a guy with SIX things or less!

SlickVic
02-06-2013, 02:33 AM
Where benson at what gel does kampe use

DePereBisonFan
02-06-2013, 02:14 PM

I appreciate the respect. Also, I'm glad Oakland is still in the Summit League at this point. NDSU/SDSU/Oakland/Denver is a decent top four members of a conference.