PDA

View Full Version : Bison 10-1 in 2006....Write It Down

CaBisonFan
07-19-2006, 05:01 AM
This team is ready for a top five or ten finish. *They will win the conference, upset Minnesota, and lose a close game to either Cal Poly or UC Davis. *

The Bison will score twice early in the Minnesota game. *Minnesota will freeze and make several mistakes and turnovers. *Bison 31....Gophers 28. *The score will be closer than the stats.

There will be several blowouts. *SDSU will play a tough game against the Bison but we'll wear them down with a great running game.*

The offense will be a machine. *The offensive line and the running game will control most games....which will open the deep threat once or twice a game.

Teams won't be able to pass, nor will they be able to attack the corners with the running game. *The defensive line will take time to gel...but they will turn out to be a strength by mid-season.

NDSU is ready to break out.

Write it down. *

SDbison
07-19-2006, 05:27 AM
Seems about time for a one or two loss season. Everything taken into consideration NDSU has a great football program and it is a matter of time before some outstanding teams emerge. Not really sure where the loss(es) will come from, but I am glad to hear someone with optimism. Many others keep thinking mediocrity (6-5, 7-4, no conf title, no playoffs, etc.) because we have become used to it over the past 10 plus years. NDSU football is better than that. Go Bison.
Hopefully NDSU fans will rock the Fargodome and Metrodome this year. I also believe this Bison team is capable of defeating the teams in Georgia, Texas and California. I wonder what the punitive NCAA would think if NDSU went undefeated but they were inelligible for the playoffs. Best team in DI-AA snubbed due to a stupid 5 year rule. Probably not going to happen, but what if?

CaBisonFan
07-19-2006, 05:56 AM
Seems about time for a one or two loss season. *Everything taken into consideration NDSU has a great football program and it is a matter of time before some outstanding teams emerge. *Not really sure where the loss(es) will come from, but I am glad to hear someone with optimism. *Many others keep thinking mediocrity (6-5, 7-4, no conf title, no playoffs, etc.) because we have become used to it over the past 10 plus years. *NDSU football is better than that. *Go Bison. *
Hopefully NDSU fans will rock the Fargodome and Metrodome this year. *I also believe this Bison team is capable of defeating the teams in Georgia, Texas and California. *I wonder what the punitive NCAA would think if NDSU went undefeated but they were inelligible for the playoffs. *Best team in DI-AA snubbed due to a stupid 5 year rule. *Probably not going to happen, but what if?
I agree with you completely. *I also agree that the five-year rule is ridiculous.

IowaBison
07-19-2006, 11:24 AM
This team is ready for a top five or ten finish. They will win the conference, upset Minnesota, and lose a close game to either Cal Poly or UC Davis.

The Bison will score twice early in the Minnesota game. Minnesota will freeze and make several mistakes and turnovers. Bison 31....Gophers 28. The score will be closer than the stats.

There will be several blowouts. SDSU will play a tough game against the Bison but we'll wear them down with a great running game.

The offense will be a machine. The offensive line and the running game will control most games....which will open the deep threat once or twice a game.

Teams won't be able to pass, nor will they be able to attack the corners with the running game. The defensive line will take time to gel...but they will turn out to be a strength by mid-season.

Write it down.

Okay, I wrote it down. Now what?

NDSU beating Minnesota? Possible, but almost certainly not so.

losing only once to Minnesota, Poly, Davis, Georgia Southern, and Ball State? in a Bison fan's dreams.

You were either sleeping or 'smoking' when you posted this one, CaBisonFan.

BisonMav
07-19-2006, 12:17 PM
Okay, I wrote it down. *Now what?

NDSU beating Minnesota? *Possible, but almost certainly not so.

losing only once to Minnesota, Poly, Davis, Georgia Southern, and Ball State? in a Bison fan's dreams.

My guess is the Bison lose two of those 5 games, Minnesota, Poly or Davis, and one other game they were suppose to win on the road, giving the Bison an 8-3 record.

BisBison
07-19-2006, 12:37 PM

My guess is the Bison lose two of those 5 games, Minnesota, Poly or Davis, and one other game they were suppose to win on the road, giving the Bison an 8-3 record.

An IMPRESSIVE 8-3 record. :o :o I don't think that record would or should dissapoint anyone. We've got one hell of a tough schedule this year.

CaBisonFan
07-19-2006, 01:37 PM
This team is ready for a top five or ten finish. *They will win the conference, upset Minnesota, and lose a close game to either Cal Poly or UC Davis. *

The Bison will score twice early in the Minnesota game. *Minnesota will freeze and make several mistakes and turnovers. *Bison 31....Gophers 28. *The score will be closer than the stats.

There will be several blowouts. *SDSU will play a tough game against the Bison but we'll wear them down with a great running game.

The offense will be a machine. *The offensive line and the running game will control most games....which will open the deep threat once or twice a game.

Teams won't be able to pass, nor will they be able to attack the corners with the running game. *The defensive line will take time to gel...but they will turn out to be a strength by mid-season.

Write it down. *

Oh my....I am so impressed with your insight. *Maybe "you" should be smoking. * ::)

CaBisonFan
07-19-2006, 01:38 PM

Wrong

IowaBison
07-19-2006, 02:13 PM

My guess is they lose four of those games, maybe all of them (I'm somewhat conservative and I like to be surprised).

A winning season with our schedule would be a good one. Winning seven or more games would be phenomenal.

7-4 with two DIA teams, Georgia Southern, and Poly would be playoff selection worthy if there was really any fairness in it.

CaBisonFan
07-19-2006, 02:16 PM
[quote author=NorthDakotaBison link=1153285304/0#3 date=1153308245]

An IMPRESSIVE 8-3 record. :o :o I don't think that record would or should dissapoint anyone. We've got one hell of a tough schedule this year.[/quote

I'm sure that the players would be pleased with your prediction...or maybe 6-5? *That's the Bison tradition...isn't it?

broke_back_mnt
07-19-2006, 02:25 PM
As far as the Gophers go, we are overdue for a win. *Im not calling it yet, but there are early signs of an upset brewing there as well as at Ball State. *Its too early for me to call any game, but if we get by Ball State I can easily live with a 10-1 CaBisonFan. *Right now Im seeing a 9-2 or 8-3, but its early and my looking glass is reluctant to give me a clear picture.

The best team in the past 5 yrs beat Montana and lost to SCSU. *This is the toughest schedule we have ever had, at least in my time. *If we do go 10-1 it might be one of the best teams we have ever had as well. *GO BISON!!!

BisonMav
07-19-2006, 03:18 PM
7-4 with two DIA teams, Georgia Southern, and Poly would be playoff selection worthy if there was really any fairness in it.

Georgia Southern will be converting from an option team this year. That is why I think the Bison have a good chance of beating them. GSU could have the athletes to cover the change in offensive scheme though.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-19-2006, 03:19 PM
[quote author=CaBisonFan link=1153285304/0#0 date=1153285304]This team is ready for a top five or ten finish. *They will win the conference, upset Minnesota, and lose a close game to either Cal Poly or UC Davis. *

There will be several blowouts. *SDSU will play a tough game against the Bison but we'll wear them down with a great running game.*

Write it down. *

I want lots of whatever your smoking.............(Maui Wowie?)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-19-2006, 03:21 PM
[quote author=CaBisonFan link=1153285304/0#0 date=1153285304]This team is ready for a top five or ten finish. *They will win the conference, upset Minnesota, and lose a close game to either Cal Poly or UC Davis. *

Write it down. *

I WANT LOTS OF WHATEVER YOU ARE SMOKING

NDSUstudent
07-19-2006, 03:24 PM

Georgia Southern will be converting from an option team this year. *That is why I think the Bison have a good chance of beating them. *GSU could have the athletes to cover the change in offensive scheme though.

And from what I saw last year GSU's defense is weak, the GSU game is a very winnable one for the Bison. As for the final record 8-3 sounds good, two losses to IA teams and one to a CA team. Bison win or get a share of the Great West and finish in the top 15.

rabidrabbit
07-19-2006, 03:31 PM
I know a waskilly wabbit 8-) has projected a 9-2 season for you. Losses to UMn, UC-Davis, win over the Play-off champ, Cal Poly, and a 1/2 split (but champ in head to head) of the GWFC. (If wondering where that #1 vote came from). If beat the national champ, and their ONLY loss to a I-AA member is NDSU, for that champ.....

Hope that hurricanes will allow me to get up to Statesboro, GA to see Bison kick some Eagle tailfeathers.

Great luck in a great season! win 'em all but the 11/18 game :P

Check out the predictions for the Great West at AGS!

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9558

silkamilkamonico
07-19-2006, 05:39 PM
I eill be impressed if NDSU can win 7+ games.

This ain't D2 anymore.

NDSUguy
07-19-2006, 06:02 PM
I wish that there was a chance that we could beat Minnesota and go 10-1 but i'm sorry to say that it just won't happen. There are too many other good schools on the schedule to win them all (especially the road games).

Speaking of road games, who is joining me for the game against Minnesota. I've got my tickets and I can't wait!!!!

Go Bison!

Gamehunter
07-19-2006, 07:35 PM

My guess is they lose four of those games, maybe all of them (I'm somewhat conservative and I like to be surprised).

A winning season with our schedule would be a good one. Winning seven or more games would be phenomenal.

winning 6 or even 7 games even with this schedule would be a severe underachievement for this team IMO. I don't want to speak negatively at all about last year's 7-4 team, but this year's team would B'-slap last years up and down the field every day of the week and twice on Saturday. I'm not so sure 10-1 is realistic......YET, but 9-2 should at least be the goal for this team with a probably loss to MN and some random road loss to any but SFA. As far as games in the Dome, I'll be surprised if any team stays within 2 scores. Poly may have the best shot if they can score with the Bison. We had alot of blowouts last year, this year WILL be worse.

I eill be impressed if NDSU can win 7+ games.

This ain't D2 anymore.

and this aint the first year we've played in DI. To think the Bison don't have a better program than most I-AA's is foolish. Hell, we have played, and beaten a playoff bound I-AA squad every year so far.

IowaBison
07-19-2006, 07:58 PM
To think the Bison don't have a better program than most I-AA's is foolish. Hell, we have played, and beaten a playoff bound I-AA squad every year so far.

Who said that?

We aren't playing an average I-AA schedule next year, it's gotta be one of the 5 toughest.

Each of the last three years posters have come on here and posted what I believe are unrealistic expectations for the Bison. 10-1? Why not post 12-0? As the Bison will be invited to a BSC bowl following their stunning season which permantly changes the way the game of football is played?

7-4 a severe underachievement? Have you looked at the schedule?

The team's goal should be to go undefeated. Why would you play any game if the point isn't to win?

Do you think Bohl's pregame speech is going to be, "You know boys, we're going to lose today. Now let's go waste three hours of your life."?

CaBisonFan
07-20-2006, 03:41 AM

Write it down. *

I'm smoking Bison Tradition....which is one of rising to the occasion and the level of talent that they play. *I began watching the Bison when Mudra and Erhardt came to town. *The tradition is ready to break out again after being dormant since the early 90s. *SU doesn't schedule games to lose. *Never have....never will.

SDbison
07-20-2006, 04:00 AM

Write it down. *

I'm smoking Bison Tradition....which is one of rising to the occasion and the level of talent that they play. *I began watching the Bison when Mudra and Erhardt came to town. *The tradition is ready to break out again after being dormant since the early 90s. *SU doesn't schedule games to lose. *Never have....never will.
Nice comeback CaBisonFan and I agree 100%. 8-)

Bison13
07-20-2006, 05:47 AM
I think its overdue for the bison to sweep the CA teams! Lets leave them in the dust Bison!

Ron_Burgundy
07-20-2006, 02:39 PM
Some people may get on my case for bringing this up, but I can't get over my hatred for them.

UND 3
Northern Iowa 62

Bison....8+ wins would be HUGE. Our linebackers are just sick and can allow us to compete in ANY game. The Spring game just reinforced that. We are 6 deep at linebacker.

tcbison
07-20-2006, 03:26 PM
*Our linebackers are just sick and can allow us to compete in ANY game. *The Spring game just reinforced that. *We are 6 deep at linebacker.

Considering our deep linebacking core, would it make sense to use a 3-4 defense at times? Maybe switch it up a little and get some more players on the field? I'll admit I don't know that much about defenses. I only played 9-man football in high school.

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-20-2006, 06:09 PM

Write it down. *

Tradition does not go dormant, and being realistic is not a crime. We are still in process here,--still transitioning. There is a reason Bohl did not want to play the Gophers so soon ---it is called depth. I admire your optimism and courage........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..............................give me 1 more hit....I see the T. Wolves winning the NBA...

CaBisonFan
07-21-2006, 12:59 AM

There will be several blowouts. *SDSU will play a tough game against the Bison but we'll wear them down with a great running game.

Write it down. *

I was smoking what used to be called "Bison Pride," based upon a tradition of achieving what seems impossible. *You should try it. *It began with Mudra & Erhardt and has emerged almost every decade since.

silkamilkamonico
07-21-2006, 02:04 AM
and this aint the first year we've played in DI. *To think the Bison don't have a better program than most I-AA's is foolish. *Hell, we have played, and beaten a playoff bound I-AA squad every year so far.

So I retract that comment. But To think that just because the Bison have a better program then most D1AA team's means they will automatically "win" is just plain "foolish". An "underachievement" with 6-7 losses? Completely disagree with you there.

NDSU has 11 games. UofM is almost certainly a guaranteed loss. Ball sts, although NDSU can play with them, will likely be a loss. They may be a cellar D1A team, but they still have very capable players that will give ANY D1AA team fits. Oh yeah, and it's at Ball State.

We still have to play a good Cal Davis team AT UC-Davis. Poly's speed will give even this NDSU team fits, even if it is at home.

GSU still has extremely talented players, even if they are changing systems and have a good coach, that game ain't going to be a sure win.

To call a 7 game win season with this schedule "underachievement", when there is only 11 games, and 1 is almost a sure loss, is absolutely absurd.

IowaBison
07-21-2006, 02:34 AM
I was smoking what used to be called "Bison Pride," based upon a tradition of achieving what seems impossible. You should try it. It began with Mudra & Erhardt and has emerged almost every decade since.

You're right.

I don't know what I was thinking.

I'm going to email Bohl and Taylor and let them know that this schedule is garbage, that they are completely unaware of Bison tradition...............

I mean if the Bison achieve the near impossible, let's play Oklahoma.

SDbison
07-21-2006, 02:42 AM
and this aint the first year we've played in DI. *To think the Bison don't have a better program than most I-AA's is foolish. *Hell, we have played, and beaten a playoff bound I-AA squad every year so far.

So I retract that comment. *But To think that just because the Bison have a better program then most D1AA team's means they will automatically "win" is just plain "foolish". *An "underachievement" with 6-7 losses? Completely disagree with you there.

NDSU has 11 games. *UofM is almost certainly a guaranteed loss. *Ball sts, although NDSU can play with them, will likely be a loss. *They may be a cellar D1A team, but they still have very capable players that will give ANY D1AA team fits. *Oh yeah, and it's at Ball State.

We still have to play a good Cal Davis team AT UC-Davis. *Poly's speed will give even this NDSU team fits, even if it is at home. *

GSU still has extremely talented players, even if they are changing systems and have a good coach, that game ain't going to be a sure win.

To call a 7 game win season with this schedule "underachievement", when there is only 11 games, and 1 is almost a sure loss, is absolutely absurd.
Silk are you negative or what? I believe you were the one so sure that Miles was going to leave NDSU this past spring. As for NDSU being able to attain more than 7 wins you make it sound near impossible. Look at the facilities, the coaches, the players, the fan base, and especially the tradition. Just because every year except a couple in the last 10 years has had 3 or 4 losses doesn't mean that is all the Bison are capable of doing. As for Minnesota, I believe that will be a tough game. Every other game is winable with the most difficult probably UC Davis on the road. I think NDSU comes out strong against Ball State and wins by two touchdowns. How about that? Maybe the Bison should put 7-4 on their locker room wall and the players strive for such heights as a 7 win season. For an excellent program like NDSU there is no reason that most years should have no more than a couple losses. Maybe if more fans had a winning attitude they would cheer a little more at the games and help the team secure a few more victories.

Sticks
07-21-2006, 02:52 PM
Few questions:
1. *Where can I find this Bison Tradition, and how much does it sell for?
2. *Does it smoke easily, cause I heard it was really dried out and old.
3. *I heard the high was overrated...is that true?

:D :D :D *

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow! For a thread on NDSUs record this coming season a person can sure learn a lot about illegal drugs. I wonder where this expertise comes from? Whats going on in GF anyway?

Our least probable win is Minnesota, certainly less than a 50-50 chance. But I dont see any of our DI-AA games below that and I feel the Ball State game is approaching that number but still probably less than a 50-50 because of the scholarship comparison. All teams coming into the Fabulous Fargo Dome are going to be at a disadvantage, probably greater than the disadvantage we will have when on the road.

A 4 loss season would be OK, but to have a great season, even with this schedule, the BISON will have to do better than that.

Sticks
07-21-2006, 03:13 PM
Wow! For a thread on NDSUs record this coming season a person can sure learn a lot about illegal drugs. *I wonder where this expertise comes from? *Whats going on in GF anyway?

What does this have to do with GF?!? *It appears the bison fans are the ones smoking here....they're confessing to it!! *Please leave my alma mater out of your posts unless you plan on revealing your true personality. *I don't think that's too much to ask. * 8-)

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Well I guess its just you then? The point was the thread. Stick to the topic. I dont need a crash course on illegal drugs.

broke_back_mnt
07-21-2006, 03:56 PM
This is interesting. *Its about DI-AA schedules by conference and teams. *Looks at tough schedules, NDSU is #7. *Looks at top non conference DI-AA matchups, NDSU @ GSU. *Looks at possible upsets, NDSU @ Ball State.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/dougherty_archive/extrapoint_051306.htm

They give the BISON a chance at GSU, but this guy isnt going to agree to a 10-1 NDSU season.

mn-bison
07-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the link JBB. Get's me more anxious for the season to begin...

silkamilkamonico
07-21-2006, 09:30 PM
Silk are you negative or what? *I believe you were the one so sure that Miles was going to leave NDSU this past spring. *As for NDSU being able to attain more than 7 wins you make it sound near impossible. *Look at the facilities, the coaches, the players, the fan base, and especially the tradition. *Just because *every year except a couple in the last 10 years has had 3 or 4 losses doesn't mean that is all the Bison are capable of doing. *As for Minnesota, I believe that will be a tough game. *Every other game is winable with the most difficult probably UC Davis on the road. *I think NDSU comes out strong against Ball State and wins by two touchdowns. *How about that? *Maybe the Bison should put 7-4 on their locker room wall and the players strive for such heights as a 7 win season. *For an excellent program like NDSU there is no reason that most years should have no more than a couple losses. *Maybe if more fans had a winning attitude they would cheer a little more at the games and help the team secure a few more victories. *

I'm not negatative, I'm just trying to keep things in perspective. And your completely wrong about "believing I was the one that was so sure Miles would leave this past spring".

And how in the world are you getting me thinking it's "impossible" for NDSU to win more then 7 games. That's not nearly as extreme as saying it will be an underachievement if NDSU doesn't win more then 7 games.

As far as the facilities, coaches, fanbase, tradition, etc... It might help, but it doesn't equal success. I would have thought the majority of NDSU fans would have figured that out when they look at the fact that NDSU still has not played a home playoff game in the dome.

You need to reread my posts, anmd understand the difference of being negative, and being realistic. All the games with the exception of Minnesota are winnable, it don't mean we are going to win all of those games.

There are also 3-5 games where the opponent, and their fanbase think it's very winnable against the Bison. We could win all those games. We could also lose all those games.

This is my favorite quote....." Maybe the Bison should put 7-4 on their locker room wall and the players strive for such heights as a 7 win season. "

How about if the Bison put up "We're NDSU. We have great football facilities, a great fanbase, great coaches, great players, and a great tradition. This automatically means we will win every game except for the Minnesota one."

Just because I don't wear green colored glasses doesn't mean I don't support the team any less then you egotistical fans, and it certainly has nothing to do with not having a winning attitude.

So do you jump off the bandwagon too and call the season an "underachievement" the minute NDSU loses a close, well played, hard fought game? Because that could very likely happen in 3, 4, or 5 games this year.

Considering you threw out the Miles comment which you couldn't have been more wrong, I'll render the rest of your "opinions" worthless.

sambini
07-21-2006, 10:19 PM
All I would say is one game at a time folks.++++++++++++

GoBears
07-22-2006, 01:58 AM
[quote author=silkamilkamonico link=1153285304/15#27 date=1153447452][quote author=X-Factor link=1153285304/15#18 date=1153337701]

. *I think NDSU comes out strong against Ball State and wins by two touchdowns. *

A two touchdown win against a 1A team? I know it's Ball State and I hope you do win it, but they are 1A

CaBisonFan
07-22-2006, 04:38 PM
Few questions:

Answers....

1. *You can find it on this website where it shows the number of national championships, playoff appearances, etc. *But I am sorry to tell you that it can't be bought. *Even Ralph's money can't buy it. *
2. *It doesn't smoke easily. *Bison Pride and its tradition were earned...beginning with the Mudra/Erhardt era...and emerging for several years during each decade since that time. *The tradition has had to be rebuilt or tweaked each time. *The caliber of leaves has come back because of the vision and leadership at NDSU in recent years. *Taylor & Chapman feared that the tradition would disappear if a move wasn't made. *For this...non-Bison supporters in ND were resentful. *Bison fans grew accustomed to watching DI caliber football and saw it being drawn down by the ncaa...so moves were made to find new turf to grow the leaves on.
3. *As a long time user of the Bison Tradition and the high that it provides...I can say with great confidence that the high was actually better than is possible to explain in writing...or to explain. *There was a great deal of jealousy in the land, so it must have been pretty good. *I'm predicting many more "highs" to come...because the quality of the new turf has brought in many high quality leaves from the state and surrounding areas. *Mudra and Erhardt didn't build a team....they built a tradition that won't go away. But you kinda have to be a fan to really appreciate just how great the tradition is. * ;)

Bill_Kiefer_FB_72
07-22-2006, 05:19 PM
Few questions:

Answers....

1. *You can find it on this website where it shows the number of national championships, playoff appearances, etc. *But I am sorry to tell you that it can't be bought. *Even Ralph's money can't buy it. *
2. *It doesn't smoke easily. *Bison Pride and its tradition were earned...beginning with the Mudra/Erhardt era...and emerging for several years during each decade since that time. *The tradition has had to be rebuilt or tweaked each time. *The caliber of leaves has come back because of the vision and leadership at NDSU in recent years. *Taylor & Chapman feared that the tradition would disappear if a move wasn't made. *For this...non-Bison supporters in ND were resentful. *Bison fans grew accustomed to watching DI caliber football and saw it being drawn down by the ncaa...so moves were made to find new turf to grow the leaves on.
3. *As a long time user of the Bison Tradition and the high that it provides...I can say with great confidence that the high was actually better than is possible to explain in writing...or to explain. *There was a great deal of jealousy in the land, so it must have been pretty good. *I'm predicting many more "highs" to come...because the quality of the new turf has brought in many high quality leaves from the state and surrounding areas. *Mudra and Erhardt didn't build a team....they built a tradition that won't go away. *But you kinda have to be a fan to really appreciate just how great the tradition is. * ;)
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GH

CaBisonFan
07-22-2006, 05:19 PM
This is interesting. *Its about DI-AA schedules by conference and teams. *Looks at tough schedules, NDSU is #7. *Looks at top non conference DI-AA matchups, NDSU @ GSU. *Looks at possible upsets, NDSU @ Ball State.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/default.asp?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/dougherty_archive/extrapoint_051306.htm

They give the BISON a chance at GSU, but this guy isnt going to agree to a 10-1 NDSU season.

Do you mean to say that if the Bison went 10-1 that you wouldn't accept it? *Would 8-3 or 7-4 be a more acceptable deal? *::)

CaBisonFan
07-22-2006, 11:13 PM
All I would say is one game at a time folks.++++++++++++

I agree...but it will be one game at a time to 10-1.

CaBisonFan
07-23-2006, 02:55 AM
Few questions:

Answers....

3. *As a long time user of the Bison Tradition and the high that it provides...I can say with great confidence that the high was actually better than is possible to explain in writing...or to explain. *There was a great deal of jealousy in the land, so it must have been pretty good. *I'm predicting many more "highs" to come...because the quality of the new turf has brought in many high quality leaves from the state and surrounding areas. *Mudra and Erhardt didn't build a team....they built a tradition that won't go away. *But you kinda have to be a fan to really appreciate just how great the tradition is. * ;)
AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GH

And also with you BK. *I'm still looking for my tune in the bucket though. *Some divine intervention might be appropriate. *

ARGAMEMENON
07-23-2006, 04:09 AM
I dont think its fair to compare a team these days to the Juggernauts that played back in the day. I think since we went D1 a new tradtion has started...were on a mission to make a new name i think. Still rich in Bison Pride and with a little hint of the old day tradtion.
The Bison are set for an upset...that Southern Illinois game was supposed to be ours but with a few mental lapses, it slipped thru our hands...this year SOMEONE big is goin down...U of M, Ball State, or one of the Cali teams...SOMEONE!!!!! We may not be playoff bound for another year or so but were SURE as hell gonna make sure that no one WE play is gonna get that chance either...
The biggest question everyone is worried about is the D line...losing RT and A train and Issac was huge...but we still got frick, Lardnois is capable of stepping up and the JUCO's look promising.
rumor has it lardnois is up to 250 now?

broke_back_mnt
07-24-2006, 01:29 AM
No CaBisonFan, not at all. I just thought the reporter wouldnt agree thats all.

As far as Im concerned we have 3 great upset chances: Ball State, Gophers, GSU.

ARGAMEMENON reflects how I feel. Some of you guys might think Im nuts, and Im coming out with this way too early, but I think the BISON can beat Ball State and Minnesota.

ARGAMEMENON
07-24-2006, 03:14 AM
here here JBB...well said

TheBisonator
07-24-2006, 03:28 AM
I used to think that a 7-4 season would make me neutral, a 6-5 would make me pissed and a 8-3 would make me happy. but now I'm starting to think that this team is at LEAST as good as an 8-3 team for this season. Therefore, I am updating my predictions:

7-4 and I will be mad.
8-3 and I will feel neutral.
9-2 and I will be pleased.

This 2006 team is DEFINITELY capable of winning every game, but as far as how good they are, right now they're 8-3 good.

TheBisonator
07-24-2006, 03:31 AM
Games that I feel are locks (which are games that we SHOULD expect to win):

CONCORDIA-ST. PAUL
NORTHEASTERN
At Stephen F. Austin
MISSISSIPPI VALLEY STATE
At Southern Utah
SOUTH DAKOTA STATE

Games that are a toss-up:

At Ball State
At Georgia Southern
At UC Davis
CAL-POLY

Games that are a long-shot:

At Minnesota

Win all of the locks and two of the four toss-ups, and you got yourself an 8-3 season.

ARGAMEMENON
07-24-2006, 03:49 AM
there is no toss up for cal poly and cal davis...we shoulda beat cal davis had the offense shown up and cal poly humiliated us so there due for a butt whoopen...

tony
07-24-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't know about the rest of Bisonville, but getting slapped around by the two California teams isn't acceptable.

I'm not so concerned about the overall record, but it is past time for NDSU to take the GWFC title.

IowaBison
07-24-2006, 01:39 PM
I agree tony, but that doesn't make it so.

6-5 good/ somewhat-disappointing season, but given the schedule
7-4 great season
8-3 or better holy f'n shit give Bohl a raise.

NDSU going 7-4 or better would make them a playoff caliber team, which is as much as can be hoped for this early in DI.

ARGAMEMENON
07-24-2006, 08:21 PM
D1 is just a title...its the same game played by better athletes is all...NDSU doesnt have to be a 'd1' team to put out an amazing effort...back in d2 we played just as bad assed as we play now...nothings changed its just another step in making NDSU known around the nation in football...
i agree with tony...the GWFC title is COMIN HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wacker_in_the_Hall
07-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Ooh ooh that smell.........Cant you smell that smell????

I gots to get me sum dat stuff..........................

TheBisonator
07-25-2006, 03:59 AM

7-4 great season

NDSU going 7-4 or better would make them a playoff caliber team, which is as much as can be hoped for this early in DI.

You'd be happy at 7-4?? Holy shit, I'd be pissed outta my gourd if we went 7-4. I would definitely think something is wrong with the football program is we had that record.

I'll say it again: The Bison are capable of being 11-0, but right now are at the talent level to be 8-3.

ARGAMEMENON
07-25-2006, 03:21 PM

7-4 great season

You'd be happy at 7-4?? Holy shit, I'd be pissed outta my gourd if we went 7-4. I would definitely think something is wrong with the football program is we had that record.

I'll say it again: The Bison are capable of being 11-0, but right now are at the talent level to be 8-3.

You dont know us...no one does...were a new team...we have new coaches we have new players weve had new training...no one can predict how were gonna do cuz no one knows who we are yet...you havent seen the 'new' us...no bison team is the same year in and year out...there are always new faces comin out the woodwork and always new game plans to be thrown around...like i said...you cant rely on how we did last year and judge us by what you saw us do then...this is THIS year...

tony
11-15-2006, 05:48 PM
I found the old prediction thread... finally remembered that I could just search for the phrase "slapped around."

For the record, I thought cabison was crazy too :)

Wacker_in_the_Hall
11-15-2006, 07:17 PM
I am eating my Crow on a bed of rice........CA Bison-----yu is da man!!!!!!!!! 8-)

mebison
11-15-2006, 07:30 PM
You've still got one more game until you look psychic...but it looks promising!

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-15-2006, 07:34 PM
I'll admit that I thought this was going to be a good team, but that given the schedule 8-3 would have been considered a success and 7-4 acceptable. They have certainly had one heck of a season.

BisonBacker
11-15-2006, 08:28 PM
Wow! For a thread on NDSUs record this coming season a person can sure learn a lot about illegal drugs. *I wonder where this expertise comes from? *Whats going on in GF anyway?

What does this have to do with GF?!? *It appears the bison fans are the ones smoking here....they're confessing to it!! *Please leave my alma mater out of your posts unless you plan on revealing your true personality. *I don't think that's too much to ask. * 8-)

Kato, Your serving of Crow is ready anytime you want it. Do you prefer it cold or hot? IF you want it hot come down after the Bunnies beating and it should be good and warm!!! ;D

BisonBacker
11-15-2006, 08:29 PM
Few questions:

Should have quoted this one I guess. Either will do though, Crow Cafe is now open Kato ;)

SDbison
11-15-2006, 08:35 PM
Seems about time for a one or two loss season. *Everything taken into consideration NDSU has a great football program and it is a matter of time before some outstanding teams emerge. *Not really sure where the loss(es) will come from, but I am glad to hear someone with optimism. *Many others keep thinking mediocrity (6-5, 7-4, no conf title, no playoffs, etc.) because we have become used to it over the past 10 plus years. *NDSU football is better than that. *Go Bison. *
Hopefully NDSU fans will rock the Fargodome and Metrodome this year. *I also believe this Bison team is capable of defeating the teams in Georgia, Texas and California. *I wonder what the punitive NCAA would think if NDSU went undefeated but they were inelligible for the playoffs. *Best team in DI-AA snubbed due to a stupid 5 year rule. *Probably not going to happen, but what if?
Just to remind everyone, I was a believer. How about some of you?

SDbison
11-15-2006, 08:36 PM
Few questions:

Should have quoted this one I guess. *Either will do though, Crow Cafe is now open Kato *;)
Maybe Kato should smoke his crow? ;D ;D ;D

CaBisonFan
11-16-2006, 12:56 AM
I am eating my Crow on a bed of rice........CA Bison-----yu is da man!!!!!!!!! 8-)

40-17 Bison.....one friggin minute at a time. It will be a lashing. Thanks. 8-)

sambini
11-16-2006, 01:30 AM

Write it down. *

Nice job CABISON you win +++++