PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Verbal: Tre Dempsey

Professor Chaos
02-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Looks like Tre Dempsey gave his verbal committment to NDSU this morning.

http://twitter.com/DEMP__THE3rd/status/298122544521818113

Officially committed to #NDSU this morning .!! #BisoNation TURN UP !!!!!!!

Tre Dempsey (http://247sports.com/Player/Tre-Dempsey-16006) CB Lakeland, Florida (Lakeland)
OTHER OFFERS: FCS: Charleston Southern, Albany, Coastal Carolina
Ht: 5-10 Wt: 150 youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZikqJ3O8P0M&noredirect=1)

westnodak93bison
02-03-2013, 05:25 PM
Welcome to the Bison Mr. Dempsey!

Mr. Burgundy
02-03-2013, 05:32 PM
Sweet! Had a great visit last weekend. Love a great cover corner. Welcome Tre.

344Johnson
02-03-2013, 06:00 PM
Looks to be pretty small. Wonder what weight he'll be by the time he is playing.

North Side
02-03-2013, 06:04 PM
http://bisonation.info/

Never seen this website before. Did someone on bisonville start it up?

HerdBot
02-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Looks to be pretty small. Wonder what weight he'll be by the time he is playing.

his height is ideal but they weight is light. Give him some time with Kramer and he will be pushing 180 with greater speed and explosion

tjbison
02-03-2013, 06:23 PM
http://bisonation.info/

Never seen this website before. Did someone on bisonville start it up?

It's lakes, he has started tweeting also under Bisonation, posting on AGS under that name also

tjbison
02-03-2013, 06:27 PM
It's lakes, he has started tweeting also under Bisonation, posting on AGS under that name also

Bisonation.com is Lakes I know that but not sure what Bisonation.info is

HoopsBison
02-03-2013, 06:48 PM
VERY VERY Happy!

Welcome Mr. Dempsey!

EndZoneQB
02-03-2013, 06:50 PM
Bisonation.com is Lakes I know that but not sure what Bisonation.info is

SamsRams. The bottom of the page is a dead give-a-way lol

BismarckBisonFan
02-03-2013, 07:04 PM
Welcome to NDSU Tre.

jarhead
02-03-2013, 07:22 PM
Nice to have you aboard, Tre. Nice site, Sams.

SamsRams
02-03-2013, 09:31 PM
Great Great Great!!! Nice to add a CB to this class! Tre wanted to take a final official visit to Charleston Southern this weekend but it was down to NDSU and Coastal Carolina.

Yes that is me at bisonation.info We are still a work in process but when is all said and done we hope to be the go to place for NDSU information. There are zero plans to have a message board and compete with BV. I just know a bunch of people dont visit this site because they cant find information they are looking for. I want our site to be a place where you dont have to sift through all the thread drifts

southcliffbison
02-03-2013, 10:36 PM
Great Great Great!!! Nice to add a CB to this class! Tre wanted to take a final official visit to Charleston Southern this weekend but it was down to NDSU and Coastal Carolina.

Yes that is me at bisonation.info We are still a work in process but when is all said and done we hope to be the go to place for NDSU information. There are zero plans to have a message board and compete with BV. I just know a bunch of people dont visit this site because they cant find information they are looking for. I want our site to be a place where you dont have to sift through all the thread drifts

Sam, are you saying there are thread drifters that frequent Bisonville? OH!! the humanity of it all !!!!!

totoinfl
02-04-2013, 12:51 AM
Lakeland is a big time football high school here in Florida...I think they had 4 or 5 FBS commits..2 at least to UF...if he was a starter there he can play

BadlandsBison
02-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Lakeland is a big time football high school here in Florida...I think they had 4 or 5 FBS commits..2 at least to UF...if he was a starter there he can play

I just watched his film and the competition is certainly fast. Tre is very active and plays bigger than 150lbs

westnodak93bison
02-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Watched it. Seems like a solid tackler and plenty of ints. Looks like he has good speed. Seems to be fearless.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fbmind
02-04-2013, 02:50 AM
All the worry and concern about Tre's size in this thread makes me laugh. It's as if none of you have watched the Bison since they moved to DI...let's take a quick trip down memory lane of Bison corners past and present...

Nate Agbetola
Richard Bowman
Courtney Mitchell
Derrius Colvin
Freddie Banks
Brendan Pierre
CJ Smith
Jordan Champion
Zach Colvin
Tyler Wrice (this year's recruiting class...may play CB)

What do all these guys have in common? If you guessed small and undersized you would be the winner. Bohl has shown he does not put a big emphasis on size. He is much more into speed and athleticism regardless of how big the person is. And don't point to this year's team to try to refute this point. Marcus Williams would have been playing in the Big 10 if not for his grades (meaning he's not a typical NDSU recruit) and Andre Martin was a one-year transfer. Those guysare essentially exceptions to the rule during NDSU's time in DI.

Dempsey fits the mold of what we have seen from NDSU over the last decade and I think 4 one-loss seasons and two nat'l championships at the DI level proves the coaches know what they are doing.

Welcome to the team Tre!

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2013, 03:10 AM
Great point. Only thing I want to add is apparently this kid has a very very high football IQ.

CaBisonFan
02-04-2013, 03:53 AM
If he was bigger he wouldn't be a recruit.

ndsubison1
02-04-2013, 03:54 AM
All the worry and concern about Tre's size in this thread makes me laugh. It's as if none of you have watched the Bison since they moved to DI...let's take a quick trip down memory lane of Bison corners past and present...

Nate Agbetola
Richard Bowman
Courtney Mitchell
Derrius Colvin
Freddie Banks
Brendan Pierre
CJ Smith
Jordan Champion
Zach Colvin

What do all these guys have in common? If you guessed small and undersized you would be the winner. Bohl has shown he does not put a big emphasis on size. He is much more into speed and athleticism regardless of how big the person is. And don't point to this year's team to try to refute this point. Marcus Williams would have been playing in the Big 10 if not for his grades (meaning he's not a typical NDSU recruit) and Andre Martin was a one-year transfer. Those guysare essentially exceptions to the rule during NDSU's time in DI.

Dempsey fits the mold of what we have seen from NDSU over the last decade and I think 4 one-loss seasons and two nat'l championships at the DI level proves the coaches know what they are doing.

Welcome to the team Tre!

john richardson. to add to the list. bison have had some underrated corners and its an overlooked position in my opinion over the past several years

EndZoneQB
02-04-2013, 03:59 AM
john richardson. to add to the list. bison have had some underrated corners and its an overlooked position in my opinion over the past several years

David Earl. I remember when he played for the Liberty...he just covered their best WR and took him out of the game completely.

ndsubison1
02-04-2013, 04:03 AM
David Earl. I remember when he played for the Liberty...he just covered their best WR and took him out of the game completely.

fo sho. i think he was like 6'0 tho, but very good

tjbison
02-04-2013, 04:19 AM
Craig Dahl was only 6' 1" which I think was a little tall different than a corner but still, it's not the height that makes a winner

EndZoneQB
02-04-2013, 05:12 AM
fo sho. i think he was like 6'0 tho, but very good

Ah, I didn't realize he was that tall.

Jdubs21
02-04-2013, 12:58 PM
All i know is our defense is gonna be crazy good for the next four years! Defense wins championships. Welcome aboard tre!!

HerdBot
02-04-2013, 01:34 PM

Nate Agbetola
Richard Bowman
Courtney Mitchell
Derrius Colvin
Freddie Banks
Brendan Pierre
CJ Smith
Jordan Champion
Zach Colvin

Welcome to the team Tre!

This kid is an inch shorter than Marcus at 5'10. His height is almost prototypical. His weight is light but adding weight is easier than adding height :) Not sure what the deal is but I am glad he is here

totoinfl
02-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I would rather have 5'10" that can play than a 6'1" project. The tall guys that can play aren't going to be available for the typical FCS team...there will always be the exception, kid grows a couple inches, family alma mater...etc...but that's not a high level of frequency...

This kid is an inch shorter than Marcus at 5'10. His height is almost prototypical. His weight is light but adding weight is easier than adding height :) Not sure what the deal is but I am glad he is here

NDSUguy
02-04-2013, 03:54 PM
Izzo just tweated that he's 170 lbs. That isn't as concerning to me as the 150 that was previously discussed. He will be able to put 20 lbs on that frame in the first year with strength and conditioning - no problem.

westnodak93bison
02-04-2013, 04:04 PM
It's amazing how many times height and weight are wrongly reported.

Bison Dan
02-04-2013, 04:08 PM
It's amazing how many times height and weight are wrongly reported.A lot of times it's from their Junior year.

reformedUNDfan
02-04-2013, 04:21 PM
Izzo just tweated that he's 170 lbs. That isn't as concerning to me as the 150 that was previously discussed. He will be able to put 20 lbs on that frame in the first year with strength and conditioning - no problem.

also 5'11, as opposed to 5'10

EndZoneQB
02-04-2013, 04:47 PM

Agreed. He does look and play like a bigger kid. It looks like he's got a long reach as well, so that generally bodes well for a shorter CB.

1bizon1
02-04-2013, 04:49 PM
The "MaxPreps" site lists Tre at 6' and 165 lbs...... He keeps getting bigger as we speak! :)

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2013, 04:55 PM
It's amazing how many times height and weight are wrongly reported.

No, what is amazing is how people care so much about height/weight/40 times that are reported either years ago or innaccurately, but we still end up seeing bitchfest about that stuff instead of trusting a coaching staff that clearly understands what it takes to win at this level. All I know is I was told this kid has a high football IQ and comes from basically the top program in the country. Could become a huge steal down the road. He really wanted to play here, and it was great he got his offer. WELCOME TO NDSU! In regards to rivals, scout, espn, or whatever google.com site we/people us, you have to know that they aren't updated daily like they would be on a 5 star kid that has been to 200 camps, evals, and is being interviewed daily. This is FCS football and our coverage has increased a million times over, with our National title runs, but we aren't Notre Dame or Alabama so we can't trust everything that Gabe sees about a kid. Trust the staff.

Bison81
02-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Thanks to Mr. Burgundy - I think we can all appreciate what He has to say! Looks like a great "get"!

Mr. Burgundy
02-04-2013, 05:07 PM
Thanks to Mr. Burgundy - I think we can all appreciate what He has to say! Looks like a great "get"!

I wasn't saying I am right or anything, just trying to make sure people know that rivals sites aren't updated daily like some people may think. Some of the kids, from certain locations have rivals articles written more often than others. Jacobsen has interviews from when he was on his Nebraska visit, and when he got his Pitt offer. Some kids go to certain camps and actually run a timed 40 or do height and weight...so you can trust that at least on that date, they weighed a certain weight. Like you said, this is a "great get" and I hope he loves his time at NDSU. Alot of the info I get is on pay sites, some not, obviously twitter has changed how some kids communicate as well, which is all fun for the diehards like us that follow the recruiting threads. Always fun time of the year!

totoinfl
02-04-2013, 05:42 PM
http://lakelandfootball.com/roster-category/2012/

I wasn't saying I am right or anything, just trying to make sure people know that rivals sites aren't updated daily like some people may think. Some of the kids, from certain locations have rivals articles written more often than others. Jacobsen has interviews from when he was on his Nebraska visit, and when he got his Pitt offer. Some kids go to certain camps and actually run a timed 40 or do height and weight...so you can trust that at least on that date, they weighed a certain weight. Like you said, this is a "great get" and I hope he loves his time at NDSU. Alot of the info I get is on pay sites, some not, obviously twitter has changed how some kids communicate as well, which is all fun for the diehards like us that follow the recruiting threads. Always fun time of the year!

EndZoneQB
02-04-2013, 06:13 PM
http://lakelandfootball.com/roster-category/2012/

Yeah...because the HS roster is right lol

totoinfl
02-04-2013, 08:45 PM
Didn't say it was right...just posted the link.

Yeah...because the HS roster is right lol

SamsRams
02-05-2013, 01:39 AM
To end the debate, here are his official measurables

http://bisonation.info/cb-tre-dempsey-lakeland-fl/

HerdBot
02-05-2013, 01:42 AM

Same height as Marcus! :rofl:

MontBison
02-05-2013, 03:44 AM

Thats a sick ass site.

steelbison
02-05-2013, 02:31 PM
Welcome Tre!!!!!!

Looks like a perfect fit for the NDSU Defense!!

Likes to hit and looks very quick!!!