PDA

View Full Version : Hallstrom radio show

bajadanny
01-30-2013, 07:26 PM
Man this show will kick butt big time, way overdue for a program in this time slot. Thanks Steve and the show will be huge

XUBison
01-31-2013, 05:18 AM
Steve Hallstrom is terrible.

NDSUBowler
01-31-2013, 05:55 AM
....says the overwhelming minority

XUBison
01-31-2013, 06:26 AM
Okie Dokie Smokey

roadwarrior
01-31-2013, 12:37 PM
What's a "hall storm"?

tony
01-31-2013, 01:59 PM
What's a "hall storm"?

Fixed the title.

Bison03
01-31-2013, 03:32 PM
When and where is this show?

The Lost Dutchman
02-01-2013, 04:55 AM
Saturday's 8:00-10:00 on The Flag if I'm not mistaken.

On_the_road
02-02-2013, 01:33 PM
Steve just completed his interview with Zach Ziemer. Nice job Steve. I can't wait to see Ziemer on the field.

Mr. Burgundy
02-02-2013, 02:33 PM
Grant Olson on next. 1100am. There is an app for the station too.

AjaxTheMighty
02-02-2013, 04:31 PM

Hallstrom does a nice job. He's professional and knows what the heck he is doing. He was meant to be in sports.

bajadanny
02-02-2013, 08:14 PM
Good first addition, keep em coming!

Saturday am in Fargo and no sports talk? Man there should be a what's happening show on t.v. In the FM area Saturday mornings

SamsRams
01-25-2014, 03:40 PM
About to join Steve to talk some recruiting

http://am1100theflag.com/live/

marenlee
01-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Awesome stuff so far John!

Bison 4 Life
01-25-2014, 03:59 PM
That is way more of that station than I ever thought I'd listen to. Good job John!

SamsRams
01-25-2014, 04:04 PM
damn early in the morning for me, happy I didnt fall asleep on air.

Rixen
01-25-2014, 04:06 PM
Great job. I thought it was nice to hear a bit about the PWOs and that you didn't sugar coat anything about needs and strengths of this class. Safety is definitely our top priority at this point.

unbison
01-26-2014, 03:46 PM
Great job. I thought it was nice to hear a bit about the PWOs and that you didn't sugar coat anything about needs and strengths of this class. Safety is definitely our top priority at this point.

I guess I don't follow .... We have one kid reshirting in Chris board and one that will be a sophomore in leikus so I don't see us being desperate.....and guys like bachmeir coming in I don't think we are desperate

Rixen
01-26-2014, 04:03 PM
I guess I don't follow .... We have one kid reshirting in Chris board and one that will be a sophomore in leikus so I don't see us being desperate.....and guys like bachmeir coming in I don't think we are
desperate

Fair enough. In my understanding, however, was that Liekhus was more of a linebacker at this point which leaves us with just Board and Smith on the safety depth chart. Don't get me wrong those two have some promise but it just doesn't feel deep back there.

After this year we lose Dudzik and Heagle and then we are starting two sophomores with NO ONE else being groomed behind them this year. So if Board or Smith don't pan out or stay healthy next year we are forced to start true freshmen or perhaps at that time pull someone out of their current position (Liekhus or a DB). That doesn't concern you?

stevdock
01-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Very interesting interview and good information given out. As far as the safety thing, NDSU has told Bachmeier that they are going to start him there as of now.

unbison
01-26-2014, 05:54 PM
Fair enough. In my understanding, however, was that Liekhus was more of a linebacker at this point which leaves us with just Board and Smith on the safety depth chart. Don't get me wrong those two have some promise but it just doesn't feel deep back there.

After this year we lose Dudzik and Heagle and then we are starting two sophomores with NO ONE else being groomed behind them this year. So if Board or Smith don't pan out or stay healthy next year we are forced to start true freshmen or perhaps at that time pull someone out of their current position (Liekhus or a DB). That doesn't concern you?

Not really with bachmeir.... Another thing is some of our db recruits secondary position is safety

Rixen
01-26-2014, 05:55 PM
Not really with bachmeir.... Another thing is some of our db recruits secondary position is safety

True. Dakota Reid and Bachmeier have some pedigree there. I guess we will just have to trust the coaching and recruiting staff. Like many have said, get the talent in the house and worry about positions later.

HerdBot
01-26-2014, 07:17 PM

I think we need 1 more safety and/or corner no matter what. Board and Smith are really good so its not that concerning but like you said if an injury happens or they flat out are not ready we need some more players. . Seems like we've been able to plug a number of players into the safety spot and not miss a beat whether or not your talking Pike, Ollman, Eaves, Shepherd, or Heagle as a freshman or Dudzik as a sophomore after playing corner as a freshman.

Also we have guys like DeJong and Shayne Miller who could play but at 5-7 durability is an issue. DeJong is interesting after playing in the Tampa 2 at MSU and lead the conference in tackles as a true freshman. Bachmeier has some skills.

The thing I like about Liekus is at linebacker he's got the skills to cover

SamsRams
01-26-2014, 07:54 PM
Good point on DeJong!! Hope Miller sticks around but wouldn't count on it

unbison
01-26-2014, 08:08 PM
Why would we move liekus to a crowded postion at linebacker

Kermit
01-26-2014, 08:22 PM
Why would we move liekus to a crowded postion at linebacker

I had the same question. I think the staff felt that his skill set fit better at that position.

BisonTeacher
01-26-2014, 09:37 PM
What's a "hall storm"?

Thats what happens when kids cause trouble near my class room. :biggrin:

SamsRams
01-26-2014, 10:19 PM
I had the same question. I think the staff felt that his skill set fit better at that position.

Maybe they moved him there so he could learn how to play the position. A SS who can move into the front 7 is very valuable!! Just look at Heagle

SamsRams
02-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Coming on now http://am1100theflag.com/live/

StL Bison Fan
02-08-2014, 03:53 PM
Nice interview John. Got some kinds words from Steve too.
Keep up the good work, you got me to follow recruiting.

HerdBot
01-21-2015, 12:00 AM
Big news for Hallstom. Part owner in the Flag radio group. (whatever it's called)

SamsRams
01-22-2015, 12:45 AM
Big news for Hallstom. Part owner in the Flag radio group. (whatever it's called)

I am confused can you explain more or have any links?

Hammersmith
01-22-2015, 12:50 AM
I am confused can you explain more or have any links?

http://www.inforum.com/variety/3659696-former-wday-sports-director-oversee-flag-media-host-statewide-show

In short: Hallstrom becomes president of Flag Family Media. He receives a share of ownership which will increase over time. He will continue to do his weekend show on The Flag, and will also get some weekday airtime, though the method of that is still up in the air. This appears to be at least a bit of an effort to expand The Flag from just politics to something with a wider appeal.

Dakid3kc
01-22-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't be surprised to see Tre Dempsey move to Safety so they can have him Champ and CJ on the field at the same time. Board seems like logical fit to slide right in. And then depending on progress of the RS guys if Robbie Grimsley shines he could play as a true freshman. There is a lot of talent in the DB group. Now just time for them to step in and show it after the durable and dependable tandem of Dudzik and Heagle are gone. Leikhus to LB does make sense. Still unsure on status of PGT if he can be healthy for a full season, but a LB with the size, speed and cover ability of Leikhus at OLB could be a good fit.

runtheoption
01-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Don't be surprised to see Tre Dempsey move to Safety so they can have him Champ and CJ on the field at the same time. Board seems like logical fit to slide right in. And then depending on progress of the RS guys if Robbie Grimsley shines he could play as a true freshman. There is a lot of talent in the DB group. Now just time for them to step in and show it after the durable and dependable tandem of Dudzik and Heagle are gone. Leikhus to LB does make sense. Still unsure on status of PGT if he can be healthy for a full season, but a LB with the size, speed and cover ability of Leikhus at OLB could be a good fit.Do you see Hallstrom providing cover at CB or safety? I think with his frame and height, and some time with Kramer, he could be a viable option at DE.

Honeybooboo
01-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Do you see Hallstrom providing cover at CB or safety? I think with his frame and height, and some time with Kramer, he could be a viable option at DE.

I agree, Steve would make a great Cover Saftey and Commentator, what a weapon, suite him up at half time after the interviews and play on

citdog
01-22-2015, 10:29 PM
good news from The FCS Wedge affiliate in Fargo. Steve's show is really good and during the season we provide him with a strong lead in.

HandoEX
01-22-2015, 11:15 PM
The Flag is building lots if sports cred in the area in a short period of time! Love it!

North Side
01-22-2015, 11:36 PM
So is the Flag going to quit being so political and focus more on sports then?

IBleedYellow
01-22-2015, 11:39 PM
This only bodes better for FCS coverage as a whole.

Sent from a TI-83+ Calculator

BisonTeacher
01-23-2015, 04:01 PM

Someone in the FM area needs to get a sports talk show on early Sunday mornings.

SamsRams
01-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Will be on with Hallstrom Saturday from 1030-11. If you have any recruiting questions tweet them to steve

westnodak93bison
01-24-2015, 12:38 AM
Will be on with Hallstrom Saturday from 1030-11. If you have any recruiting questions tweet them to steve
Will McFooly be on to balance it out? That would only be fair.

Bison 4 Life
01-24-2015, 12:57 AM

doubt it. that's Hennen's reason for being.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2015, 10:31 PM
Someone in the FM area needs to get a sports talk show on early Sunday mornings.

Slicky and I have secured an agent in preparation for this realization.
Could you imagine the guests we could get??

StL Bison Fan
01-24-2015, 10:45 PM

I know I'm not old enough to listen to it... :blush:

NDSU1980
01-24-2015, 11:12 PM

Cable TV, no censors or I'm not interested.

MAKBison
01-24-2015, 11:15 PM
AD says, NDSU needs to compete at a national level beyond our conferences. I like it! http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?name=2015-01-24_1-24-15_hour_2.mp3

Bison03
01-26-2015, 04:17 PM

Agree. I love how there are sports shows on, but wish they would spread them out a bit. Fan Sports Saturday on The Fan, Kolpack and Izzo on WDAY, and Steve's Sports Saturday on The Flag are all on at the same time on Saturday mornings. I get it, they want to compete with each other; but they are all good shows and I wish I didn't have to channel surf 3 stations.

tony
01-26-2015, 08:11 PM
Just listened to the show... dang good stuff.

HerdBot
08-15-2015, 10:16 PM
Hallstrom had Brian Shaw and Kevin Marshall - Co-Host of FCS Wedge Show to talk Bison Griz.

http://podcast.flagfamily.com/?p=archive&cat=steves_sports_saturday

BisonFan02
08-15-2015, 10:17 PM
Hallstrom had Brian Shaw and Kevin Marshall - Co-Host of FCS Wedge Show to talk Bison Griz.

Hooray citdog! :D

westnodak93bison
08-15-2015, 10:31 PM

What hour and how far into it does it start?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

westnodak93bison
08-15-2015, 10:59 PM
Last 1/4 of the first hour

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk