PDA

View Full Version : What's your vision for Bison Football in 2025?

riceweb
01-26-2013, 06:43 PM
Since it's now officially the offseason and the pace of news is slowing, it's time to opine about the future and make Top 10 lists! First, let's discuss the future!

I realize 2025 is a long ways off to make an accurate guess about where the program will be, so I'll instead ask where would the program be in your vision, and how would we get there?

What would the facilities be like? The conference? The state of North Dakota overall?

I happen to believe that NDSU is the state's flagship university, and I hope that as North Dakota grows that NDSU will grow alongside it. And I imagine the state and the university reaching a critical mass where not only is a new 35k-seat stadium built, but also where NDSU can join the FBS.

And the FBS will be changing. With the push toward super conferences, each conference will have its own 4-, 6-, or 8-team tournaments to crown a champ before an NCAA tournament featuring 8 teams.

In the meantime, NDSU will win a couple more national championships and make playoff appearances nearly every year, but there will be down years. Even in those down years, however, I expect interest in NDSU football to grow and for the Fargodome to be packed every Saturday.

Well, that was a fun way to liven up the offseason, now wasn't it? What's your vision for the program?

MarkyMark
01-26-2013, 06:53 PM
By 2025 NDSU has won at least 7 FCS/D1AA championships or whatever number it takes to get the most FCS championships.

CaBisonFan
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
A new domed stadium in the 30 to 40 thousand range...some type of involvement in the FBS and a full playoff system...conference affiliation with schools like Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, South Dakota, South Dakota State...etc.

WRSDBison
01-26-2013, 09:17 PM
Back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back National Champs, duh.

reformedUNDfan
01-26-2013, 09:30 PM
after an exceptional run through the 2010's, featuring 5 titles in 7 years, and steady success in BB and other sports, NDSU accepts an invite to the MWC in 2019 along with SDSU. An increasingly large and wealthy city of Fargo (population 220,000, after a contentious merger with West Fargo) begins to search for a replacement for the now 35 year old fargodome. A proposed 38,000 seat enclosed stadium is the leading contender. The SHAC is a permanent sellout and bisonvillers and others bitch and moan about how stupid they were to build such a small arena. NDSU now has 18,000 undergrads and 23,000 students total.

There is still no sonic in fargo.

344Johnson
01-26-2013, 09:37 PM
after an exceptional run through the 2010's, featuring 5 titles in 7 years, and steady success in BB and other sports, NDSU accepts an invite to the MWC in 2019 along with SDSU. An increasingly large and wealthy city of Fargo (population 220,000, after a contentious merger with West Fargo) begins to search for a replacement for the now 35 year old fargodome. A proposed 38,000 seat enclosed stadium is the leading contender. The SHAC is a permanent sellout and bisonvillers and others bitch and moan about how stupid they were to build such a small arena. NDSU now has 18,000 undergrads and 23,000 students total.

There is still no sonic in fargo.

No sonic? I am not interested in your idea of a future Fargo.

heckler
01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Invite to the MWC and a 35k to 45k stadium. Plus they sell beer in the new stadium.

HerdBot
01-26-2013, 10:11 PM
Much depends on the state of the fcs and fbs. Going to a 35-40k stadium within 12 years is a stretch. Possible? Yes. Likely? No. Joining a d1a conferenence for football with our current stadium is practical. Here's what I want to see within 12 years

- study completed for move to fbs
- invite to the Missouri valley in all sports after winning the summit 8 times
- banner at the fargodome is full
- indoor football practice facility on par with Youngstown and renovation of Dacotah Field and bleachers
- football games broadcast in hd with a deal in place with fox sports net north
- ndsu basketball selling out the shac and on tv
- entire dome is season tickets
- beer being sold at games
- tailgating wrapped around to east side
- spring game attendance approaching sellouts
- cosmetic updates to fargodome including permanent bison signage inside and out and Bison Statues
- tailgating improvements such as permanent restrooms, warming area, outdoor video boards , electric hookups
- d1 hockey

Strongman
01-26-2013, 10:27 PM
35,000 seat stadium and move to the next level is very attainable and should be the goal within the next 10 years. Why continue to be the best of the small dawgs when we can be a big dawg????

BadlandsBison
01-26-2013, 11:53 PM
Trick question; the world will end in 2012

taper
01-27-2013, 12:06 AM
Football predictions only:
The now 67 year old Craig Bohl has recently retired and will hold the school win record for a long, long time.
We still play in the 19k seat Fargodome.
Several more championship appearances, not making playoffs is considered a very down year.
We play in the same conference as SDSU.
We do not play in the same division as Minnesota.
Season tickets have a waiting list.
Studies of various types will be done looking at expanding/replacing the Dome but funding is never secured.
We never play a Southern conference team at home in the regular season. Might schedule some but....

Bison bison
01-27-2013, 03:27 AM
Last night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether- a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of college football teams rassled their way into my slumber. I dreamed that UND and South Dakota had decided to return to Division II. Probably that's just as well. I don't mean to sound superior, and they're a swell couple of schools, but maybe they weren't ready yet to come out into the world. And then I dreamed on, into the future, to a January morn in the Fargo home where NDSU was returning as national champions, a newly remodeled BSA a present from a kindly fan who preferred to remain unknown. I saw Al Carlson a few years later, still having no luck getting the NCAA to listen to his wild tales about freedom and honor. Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many. I don't know. And still I dreamed on, further into the future than I had ever dreamed before, watching NDSU's progress from afar, taking pride in its accomplishments as if they were my own. Wondering if the program ever thought of me and hoping that maybe I'd broadened its horizons a little even if it couldn't remember just how they got broadened. But still I hadn't dreamt nothing about me until the end. And this was cloudier cause it was years, years away. But I saw an old man cheering in the stands with his children, and all his grandchildren too. The old man was a Bison fan. As were his kids and his grandkids. And I don't know. You tell me. This whole dream, was it wishful thinking? Was I just fleeing reality like I know I'm liable to do? But me, I can be a hell of a Bison fan too. And it seemed real. It seemed like me and it seemed like, well, Bisonville. If not Fargo, then a land not too far away. Where all fans are strong and wise, all players are happy and beloved, and all assistant coaches go unquestioned. I don't know. Maybe it was Brookings.

344Johnson
01-27-2013, 04:36 AM
Last night I had a dream. I dreamt I was as light as the ether- a floating spirit visiting things to come. The shades and shadows of college football teams rassled their way into my slumber. I dreamed that UND and South Dakota had decided to return to Division II. Probably that's just as well. I don't mean to sound superior, and they're a swell couple of schools, but maybe they weren't ready yet to come out into the world. And then I dreamed on, into the future, to a January morn in the Fargo home where NDSU was returning as national champions, a newly remodeled BSA a present from a kindly fan who preferred to remain unknown. I saw Al Carlson a few years later, still having no luck getting the NCAA to listen to his wild tales about freedom and honor. Maybe he threw in one Polack joke too many. I don't know. And still I dreamed on, further into the future than I had ever dreamed before, watching NDSU's progress from afar, taking pride in its accomplishments as if they were my own. Wondering if the program ever thought of me and hoping that maybe I'd broadened its horizons a little even if it couldn't remember just how they got broadened. But still I hadn't dreamt nothing about me until the end. And this was cloudier cause it was years, years away. But I saw an old man cheering in the stands with his children, and all his grandchildren too. The old man was a Bison fan. As were his kids and his grandkids. And I don't know. You tell me. This whole dream, was it wishful thinking? Was I just fleeing reality like I know I'm liable to do? But me, I can be a hell of a Bison fan too. And it seemed real. It seemed like me and it seemed like, well, Bisonville. If not Fargo, then a land not too far away. Where all fans are strong and wise, all players are happy and beloved, and all assistant coaches go unquestioned. I don't know. Maybe it was Brookings.

You left out one real major detail. Did you see the Sonic? This is all I care about.

tony
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Two words: Monorail.

CalBison97
01-27-2013, 02:33 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEZjzsnPhnw

coldspot
01-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Two words: Frisco Cruiser Monorail.

fixed it for you, because they outgrow the bus by 2025.

DjKyRo
01-27-2013, 03:35 PM
By 2025 the NDSU football team will have undergone some kind of transcendent metamorphosis into something we hardly recognize as "football" yet their consistent winning of championships means they can't be anything else. Our players will be pure energy at this point, and games will not be "attended" so much as simultaneously experienced remotely by every person within 1000 miles of Fargo.

unbison
01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
im with CA on this one........... i see the bison having a 100k stadium like TN or michigan.......... playing for a bcs championship annually and having a tv contract like notre dame

westnodak93bison
01-27-2013, 04:52 PM
With the current legal issues in the NFL I'm afraid we may be playing flag football.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

PlainsBison
01-27-2013, 05:10 PM
I think by that time in the future, there are going to be some really cool ways to watch the game. Imagine this. Tiny little video cameras mounted everywhere on the field, including on the players helmets and uniforms. All those video cameras feeding into some big computer.

For those of us at home, we will be watching the game from somewhere on the field, maybe the line of scrimmage, maybe behind the QB, wherever. We will do this by standing in a room in our house with screens on the walls, floor and ceiling (a 360 degree - we can look left, right, forwards, backwards, up and down and it's like we are standing on the field). This will allow us to watch the action close up, and even run side by side with the ball carrier as he goes into the end zone.

It would take a tremendous computer processer to take all those video angles and make this happen, but we are talking 2025. There's going to be a lot of change by then.

And by the way, this will eliminate a lot of people from wanting season tickets. And probably a better and cooler way to experience the game. I think it would rock. Go ahead and laugh, but wait until 2025 to do so.

PlainsBison
01-27-2013, 05:13 PM
In reply to my above comment, I think ya'all really need to think outside of the box. There could be some crazy technologies that we can't even imagine being used by 2025 in the sporting world.

NDSU1980
01-27-2013, 08:35 PM
Darrell will still be whining on the SS that we haven't played un_ since 2003.

AjaxTheMighty
01-27-2013, 09:41 PM
As the great Master Uguay once said: "yesterday is history, tomorrow a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

CHADSTAUS
01-28-2013, 12:02 AM
My vison for Bison football in 2025 is celebrating my 50th b-day the 3rd week of Oct. by beating UNI for the 14 straight year. Take it to the bank.

North Side
01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
Have 3 more FCS national championships. We will play UND by 2022. Bohl will retire that year.

ndsubison1
01-28-2013, 12:09 AM
A new domed stadium in the 30 to 40 thousand range...some type of involvement in the FBS and a full playoff system...conference affiliation with schools like Minnesota, Iowa, Iowa State, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, South Dakota, South Dakota State...etc.

2025 is when the four team playoff contract expires. we will have nothing to do with that. 2025. playing and competiting for the Mountain West Conference Championship is what I want

BisonFan02
01-28-2013, 12:43 AM
With the current legal issues in the NFL I'm afraid we may be playing flag football.

This.

http://www.bubblews.com/assets/images/news/1445561330_1348783046.jpg

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 12:45 AM
In reply to my above comment, I think ya'all really need to think outside of the box. There could be some crazy technologies that we can't even imagine being used by 2025 in the sporting world.

Starting with a laser that shows everyone at the stadium where the first down marker is just like you would see on TV.

IBleedYellow
01-28-2013, 02:21 AM
Starting with a laser that shows everyone at the stadium where the first down marker is just like you would see on TV.

It's not that hard to se....

Damn, it's genius.

PlainsBison
01-28-2013, 02:36 AM
Surprised none of you said brew in the Fargodome. When you want it, you hit a button on your arm rest, it automatically debits your credit card account, and then a beer is sent up in one second via a tube underneath the stands and right into your cup holder.

AjaxTheMighty
01-28-2013, 02:48 AM
Surprised none of you said brew in the Fargodome. When you want it, you hit a button on your arm rest, it automatically debits your credit card account, and then a beer is sent up in one second via a tube underneath the stands and right into your cup holder.

Heckler did
\/

Invite to the MWC and a 35k to 45k stadium. Plus they sell beer in the new stadium.

GOBISON123
01-28-2013, 07:15 AM
Watching the game in FARGODOME :welcome: will be on the bucketlist of most Americans.

The noise level, vibration and fans will become famous nationwide.

North Dakota will be the new Texas. Its already quasi North Texas.

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 12:56 PM
I still haven't figured out if this thread is designed for wildly optimistic predictions or if people are actually being serious.

Honestly, I think keeping Bison football where it is right now will end up being a very good accomplishment over the next decade. That's assuming there are not Earthshattering changes in the structure of college football.

A new stadium in the next 12 years is a pipe dream. Fargo and its taxpayers are done paying for facilities like this and we know the State isn't going to do it. Fundraising, planning, and construction would take more than 12 years if it was already under way today.

Fargo will remain a powerful economic engine for the State and the region. But, even Fargo will see the impact of impending changes in the Agriculture sector. I think we will have to weather an economic downturn there. What we have seen over the last 5 or 6 years is not sustainable. In addition, the money from the oil boom in the West will not move East to the extent some would like to think.

KTF
01-28-2013, 04:10 PM
I still haven't figured out if this thread is designed for wildly optimistic predictions or if people are actually being serious.

Honestly, I think keeping Bison football where it is right now will end up being a very good accomplishment over the next decade. That's assuming there are not Earthshattering changes in the structure of college football.

A new stadium in the next 12 years is a pipe dream. Fargo and its taxpayers are done paying for facilities like this and we know the State isn't going to do it. Fundraising, planning, and construction would take more than 12 years if it was already under way today.

Fargo will remain a powerful economic engine for the State and the region. But, even Fargo will see the impact of impending changes in the Agriculture sector. I think we will have to weather an economic downturn there. What we have seen over the last 5 or 6 years is not sustainable. In addition, the money from the oil boom in the West will not move East to the extent some would like to think.

Well stated!! Agriculture is going to get beat up the next few years on the federal funding side. Let's enjoy the success currently being experienced!!

bisonmike2
01-28-2013, 05:36 PM

I'm beginning to think this more and more also. Contact sports will be outlawed and Taco Bell will win the fast food wars.

tony
01-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back-to-back National Champs, duh.

Can you reduce that like so?

15 consecutive national championships = (back to back to back to back to back)(back to back to back)

GradBison
01-28-2013, 06:25 PM

Two words: holograms.

OtterTailLakeBison
01-28-2013, 06:39 PM
Prediction - Bison Football continues to kick a$$ regardless of venue, conference or division.

Mayville Bison
01-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Unless the legislature funds the entire project, the Bison will still be playing in the Fargodome. Since there is a 99.99% certainty that that will not happen, the lowest cost of tickets will be $50/seat. This will ensure the "casual" fan will not attend the game and all that remains are loud, screaming fans.

On a side note, seats from the student sections will be removed due to a lawsuit over one breaking and injuring someone.

TAILG8R
01-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Unless the legislature funds the entire project, the Bison will still be playing in the Fargodome. Since there is a 99.99% certainty that that will not happen, the lowest cost of tickets will be $50/seat. This will ensure the "casual" fan will not attend the game and all that remains are loud, screaming fans.

On a side note, seats from the student sections will be removed due to a lawsuit over one breaking and injuring someone.

One could argue that high seat costs could translate into more corporate seats and therefore less passionate fans. [/devil's advocate]

Mayville Bison
01-28-2013, 07:32 PM
Very true. Was thinking about the book reading club and the family of 4/6/etc. (I bring my two kids to non-playoff games myself).

Hammerhead
01-28-2013, 07:57 PM
As long as the monorail runs all year long.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_32hrlI11ixI/TSTrP3K8U3I/AAAAAAAAAfM/fI04BOGIDzc/s400/funny-pictures-monorail-cat-has-winter-model.jpg

heckler
01-28-2013, 08:35 PM

One better, NDSU creates a Master Brewers Program and sells it at the Fargodome. Beers will be named after Bison lore like The Rain Forest, or Stache Out.

bisonmike2
01-28-2013, 08:39 PM
One better, NDSU creates a Master Brewers Program and sells it at the Fargodome. Beers will be named after Bison lore like The Rain Forest, or Stache Out.

Raining Bitches Malt Liquor.

Tatanka
01-28-2013, 08:47 PM
One better, NDSU creates a Master Brewers Program and sells it at the Fargodome. Beers will be named after Bison lore like The Rain Forest, or Stache Out.TransAmBison Pale Ale

bri-dog
01-28-2013, 09:27 PM
Izzy's Perverted Ale...

KilldeerBison
01-28-2013, 10:57 PM
Endzone's Breakout Bock.

P.S. this is a great idea! (Brew Misters Degree)

WRSDBison
01-28-2013, 11:31 PM
Can you reduce that like so?

15 consecutive national championships = (back to back to back to back to back)(back to back to back)

I was told there would be no math!!!!!!!!!!!!

ndsubison1
01-28-2013, 11:36 PM
frisco cruiser double decker bus

taper
01-29-2013, 01:54 AM

$50/seat is actually pretty close to today's prices plus 18 years inflation. Montana's way ahead of us on removing the student seats too.

Hammerhead
01-29-2013, 02:34 AM
The New Dacotah Field will have 35,000 heated seats and holographic display screens. If I can't have a hoverboard, flying car, or self-drying clothes like Marty McFly Jr., at least give me something.

http://www.11points.com/images/backtothefuture2good/miamibaseball.jpg

Portlandbison
01-29-2013, 06:06 AM

For those who like the lagers try the Philsner.

Tatanka
01-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Bison Defense Stout
My Oh My Lager

bisonmike2
01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lni9qnEStM1qkc9m8o1_400.jpg

With all the beer talk, this seems appropriate.

IzzyFlexion
01-29-2013, 02:04 PM
Herdenkugel.

DjKyRo
01-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Brock Top?

THEsocalledfan
01-29-2013, 04:45 PM
My vision:

1. We ditch the NCAA for the NFL.
2. We build a 80K seat stadium with all the NFL amenities and go go dancers.
3. Included in such building is a "Bisonville Hall of Fame" along with an NDSU Football Hall of Fame. CAS gets a marble stature of him as he is the only person in both.

TransAmBison
01-29-2013, 05:24 PM
Tatanka's No Brew For You

IzzyFlexion
01-30-2013, 12:18 AM
My vision:

1. We ditch the NCAA for the NFL.
2. We build a 80K seat stadium with all the NFL amenities and go go dancers.
3. Included in such building is a "Bisonville Hall of Fame" along with an NDSU Football Hall of Fame. CAS gets a marble stature of him as he is the only person in both.

One may bring the authenticity of such a statue into question as marble genitalia tends to be very hard even in a non aroused state. The steel like firmness of the buttocks, however, would be spot on!

PlainsBison
01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
I think it would be cool to have about 40 Bison run through the helmet at the start of the game. With the players. To intimidate the other team. And to display Bison pride.

td577
01-30-2013, 02:17 AM

Why can't every seat just have its own tap, like sickies? That way you only dirty one cup. Or, maybe you hook up your own camelback type hose to it and dirty no cups.

Maybe food by then will be delivered intravenously. When you want alcohol, you just hook up your IV port.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gizmo
02-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Since it's now officially the offseason and the pace of news is slowing, it's time to opine about the future and make Top 10 lists! First, let's discuss the future!

I realize 2025 is a long ways off to make an accurate guess about where the program will be, so I'll instead ask where would the program be in your vision, and how would we get there?

What would the facilities be like? The conference? The state of North Dakota overall?

I happen to believe that NDSU is the state's flagship university, and I hope that as North Dakota grows that NDSU will grow alongside it. And I imagine the state and the university reaching a critical mass where not only is a new 35k-seat stadium built, but also where NDSU can join the FBS.

And the FBS will be changing. With the push toward super conferences, each conference will have its own 4-, 6-, or 8-team tournaments to crown a champ before an NCAA tournament featuring 8 teams.

In the meantime, NDSU will win a couple more national championships and make playoff appearances nearly every year, but there will be down years. Even in those down years, however, I expect interest in NDSU football to grow and for the Fargodome to be packed every Saturday.

Well, that was a fun way to liven up the offseason, now wasn't it? What's your vision for the program?

10. Yes, there will be more NC's. I'm thinking 3 more in the next 12 years.
9. There will, however, be a couple of very poor seasons thrown in there.
8. Rural America will experience an agricultural depression caused by defunding of farm programs, over-regulation and drought. Cities like Fargo will be severely impacted.
7. ND's oil production will be declining and North Dakotans will be forced to face the realities of life without massive oil money.
6. UND will return as our biggest rival. We will lose at least one national championship game to them and the rivalry will boil over at times.
5. NDSU plans to move to FBS in 2015 amid significant controversy.
4. Fargo citizens will be forced to chose between a new football stadium or funding basic government functions.
3. The legendary Craig Bohl, with 5 national championships at NDSU, is under fire for keeping three players on the team who allegedly jaywalked in front of Joel Heitkamp's house. A grainy cell phone video is produced as evidence.
2. A media frenzy ensues when the number one ranked high school quarterback prospect in the nation choses NDSU over Alabama. The prospect cites "Bison Pride" as the reason.
1. Beer is allowed in Fargo Dome except for rowdy college students. Riots occur.

tony
02-01-2013, 12:55 PM
In 2025, I think some of us will be saying, "The 2025 team has a long ways to go to equal the 2013 team. The defense is just not as dominant, and, sure, Ethan/Aiden/Jacob <last name withheld> is a good QB, but he's no Brock Jensen."

PlainsBison
02-01-2013, 03:46 PM
UND Alumni, who can't let it go, will still be signing petitions to keep their nickname.

thebigund
02-01-2013, 03:55 PM
UND Alumni, who can't let it go, will still be signing petitions to keep their nickname.
That's funny because its true. Teh hockies will never move on.

NDSU_grad
02-01-2013, 08:36 PM
In 2025, I think some of us will be saying, "The 2025 team has a long ways to go to equal the 2013 team. The defense is just not as dominant, and, sure, Ethan/Aiden/Jacob <last name withheld> is a good QB, but he's no Brock Jensen."
...and we'll all be longing for the days when Brent Vigen was dialing up the offense.

MankatoBison
02-02-2013, 06:58 AM

YUP. Preach it Tony