PDA

View Full Version : NDSU UND Football Game Poll

Pages : [1] 2

Bisonguy
01-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Should a non-conference football game be scheduled between NDSU and UND as soon as possible?

FYI- this is an anonymous poll, nobody can see how you vote.

SlickVic
01-20-2013, 03:47 PM
Like don henley sang don't look back, you can never look back

its a motto my boyz breathe it live it forget it pump up da freedom.

32-8 thatz gona be the pats/ravenz score today go capt america

NDSU92
01-20-2013, 03:50 PM
Voted no. I'd love to play them but I just don't feel it's the best thing for the University...win we get pegged as the bully, lose and it looks we sh*t our pants. IMO if there's one organization that's keeping this game from happening it's Forum Communications.

FarSouth Bison
01-20-2013, 03:52 PM
For those people that are crying for a Bison vs cry babies game. They should come and watch a UNI, SDSU or any other conf. game.

Bisonwinagn
01-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Voted No here's why....There are three Non conference games with one on the road vs FBS, one at home vs bad team, so that leaves one game open. The options are this:
1) Bad team at home
2) Home and away vs team from major conference such as Montana, Montana St. Georgia Southern, etc.
3) UND every year.

The poll really should be these three options. I choose option 1 or 2 although I wouldn't mind including UND in with the teams from option 2. So no I don't want UND on the schedule because we would never see another team from a major conference which I prefer. So Taylor is right when he says there is no room on the schedule.

tony
01-20-2013, 04:54 PM
I voted Yes.

"As soon as possible" means next year and NDSU has an open date next year. In my opinion, UND has reasons for wanting the game too.

Of course, the devil is in the details. I don't see the harm in making a fair offer, say $200,000.

Better yet, have some fun with it: Get Heitkamp in a car with Taylor, drive up to Faison's office with a giant check and a contract, and hand it to Faison live on KFGO/WDAY radio. Just draw up the contract so the guarantee goes down by $10,000 per day that it takes UND to sign because their track record is to delay, delay, delay and then finally decline whereupon the media blames NDSU.

bisonhp330
01-20-2013, 05:11 PM
no on asap-right now playing them adds nothing to building and keeping the program the way it is. We obviously don't lose revenue by not playing them, we would every other year if the game is there- hell right now we would sell out if we played Crookston ...and until we feel we may start losing recruits- there is really is no benefit. Yes there is the rivalry and it would be fun to kick their ass... dammit....i change my vote to yes.

Facts
01-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Voted yes. Even though UND needs this association to be relevant, and the BACK-to-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPS obviously don't, it would be fun to beat them by 50 like our usual patsies. And yes, Und trolls, NDSU would beat UND by 50+.

GRAFTONBISON
01-20-2013, 05:23 PM
I won't vote until it is clarified if it is a one time guarantee game or if it would be a home and home.

56BISON73
01-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Yes. Tired of the Prairie Views even though I know they serve a purpose. Whos to say that UND wouldnt be the new PV?:biggrin:

SlickVic
01-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Pl tony you 2 are old take yo geritol and listen to don henley its over johnny fbs games uni sdsu those are what us kids dig

BisonNation11
01-20-2013, 05:35 PM
its over johnny fbs games uni sdsu those are what us kids dig

Holy crap, I understood and agree with Slick!

aces1180
01-20-2013, 05:39 PM
I didn't vote because of the wording of the poll:

One-time in Fargo - yes
Home/home - no

56BISON73
01-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Pl tony you 2 are old take yo geritol and listen to don henley its over johnny fbs games uni sdsu those are what us kids dig

Was listening to Don Henley before you were born.:rofl:

ISXBISON
01-20-2013, 05:48 PM
On our terms, I would love to play them once. Beat the piss out of them....and shut them the hell up (although I'm sure that wouldn't happen because the excuses would flow like the Red River during the 2009 flood....)

silkamilkamonico
01-20-2013, 05:50 PM

We dont play johnny fbs games. Well, we do next year for the first time.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Bison 4 Life
01-20-2013, 05:52 PM
I'd be really interested to see what the age split of the opinions is. It seems that the younger you are, the less you want the games to resume.

loudsilverado
01-20-2013, 05:57 PM
I wonder if anyone is still wearing the "We kicked them out of DII, next we will kick them out of the state" shirts with the nickel on the back? I hate UND, let's play them and beat them by 50.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
What a new and refreshing topic. It's great to discuss new issues from time to time.

How does everyone feel about going FBS? (purple font implied)

Bisonwinagn
01-20-2013, 07:20 PM
I didn't vote because of the wording of the poll:

One-time in Fargo - yes
Home/home - no

I agree with a one time thing next year with the extra game allowed...so I think I would vote yes (after I voted no).

NDSU1980
01-20-2013, 07:26 PM
I'd be really interested to see what the age split of the opinions is. It seems that the younger you are, the less you want the games to resume.So your saying only the really, really old people want the games to resume? That's good to know, I was starting to feel old, but I guess not. I'm 54 and hell can freeze over before we play them

NDSUstudent
01-20-2013, 07:40 PM
I just don't care anymore....whatever is best for NDSU is what I want and I trust Gene Taylor and Craig Bohl 100% in making those decisions.

Elvis was a Bison
01-20-2013, 10:00 PM
Didn't vote because there is no answer block for Hell No!!!!!

This "rivalry" is no longer relevant. Now days it's about the bunnies, the 'yotes and the UNI pussies.
and no one except Darrell and Sicatoka give a rat's ass about the Whioux.:fight:

DjKyRo
01-20-2013, 10:15 PM
Doesn't benefit us. It'd be fun, sure, but we have bigger things to worry about than having one fun OOC game. Let UND stew in the hell they've created for themselves.

southcliffbison
01-20-2013, 10:44 PM
So your saying only the really, really old people want the games to resume? That's good to know, I was starting to feel old, but I guess not. I'm 54 and hell can freeze over before we play them

I voted "NO"; I am 60. I say, "Fuck'em"

Swaghook
01-20-2013, 10:53 PM
The poll is worded wrong. As soon as possible is not something I'm worried about. If for some reason we needed a game it came down to paying UND to come for a home game with no return or playing a non counter, then I'm fine with the game. NDSU does not need UND to fill the dome so why worry about a game against them? If by some miracle on UND's part they make it into the play offs we might meet them.

Hammerhead
01-20-2013, 10:54 PM
What if we can't get FBS money games scheduled? The Gophers have already decided not to play us anymore. Other schools in conferences that don't get an auto-bid into a BCS bowl are looking for an easy W and a warm-up game.

Voted No here's why....There are three Non conference games with one on the road vs FBS, one at home vs bad team, so that leaves one game open. The options are this:
1) Bad team at home
2) Home and away vs team from major conference such as Montana, Montana St. Georgia Southern, etc.
3) UND every year.

The poll really should be these three options. I choose option 1 or 2 although I wouldn't mind including UND in with the teams from option 2. So no I don't want UND on the schedule because we would never see another team from a major conference which I prefer. So Taylor is right when he says there is no room on the schedule.

Gully
01-20-2013, 10:56 PM
What if we can't get FBS money games scheduled? The Gophers have already decided not to play us anymore. Other schools in conferences that don't get an auto-bid into a BCS bowl are looking for an easy W and a warm-up game.

I agree if we start to have trouble getting enough games, including BCS games, then it might be time to consider playing them. That hasn't happened yet though.

championfan
01-20-2013, 11:03 PM
I vote no. Don't need it ASAP. I would be fine offering them whatever the buyout money we are getting from W. Carolina, but not a penny more. And this would be for a one time game for next year only. I don't want a home and home type of contract.

344Johnson
01-20-2013, 11:06 PM
NDSU owes nothing to anyone. The state does a bad job supporting us. Play when it benefits NDSU and not a minute sooner.

DjKyRo
01-20-2013, 11:11 PM
Better yet, have some fun with it: Get Heitkamp in a car with Taylor, drive up to Faison's office with a giant check and a contract, and hand it to Faison live on KFGO/WDAY radio. Just draw up the contract so the guarantee goes down by $10,000 per day that it takes UND to sign because their track record is to delay, delay, delay and then finally decline whereupon the media blames NDSU.

This is absolutely brilliant.

UTH
01-20-2013, 11:36 PM
So your saying only the really, really old people want the games to resume? That's good to know, I was starting to feel old, but I guess not. I'm 54 and hell can freeze over before we play them

Hell yeah!!!!*

*if you're 54 or older, the best way to not "be old" is to oppose this lunacy:biggrin:

KC Bison
01-21-2013, 12:23 AM
Voted no but would be ok to play them once, beat them 80-0 like Moorhead State and then we never need to have this discussion again.

Rockbear99
01-21-2013, 01:48 AM
Was listening to Don Henley before you were born.:rofl:

PL is so old he was listening to Don Henley before Don Henley was born.

56BISON73
01-21-2013, 01:50 AM
PL is so old he was listening to Don Henley before Don Henley was born.

Dons got me by 5 years.

Bisonbkr
01-21-2013, 01:51 AM
I vote no. I attended SU from 87-91. It was easy to be arrogant and confident in the midst of a 10 game winning streak. After that, it seemed like NDSU struggled with UND, even when on paper they appeared to have more talent.

AjaxTheMighty
01-21-2013, 02:10 AM
I say play them next fall and watch us completely embarrass them in the FD. We reclaim the nickel and ride off on their women...who we easily convert to Bison fans. They worship us, we shun them, ordering them back to their UND brethren; punishment for their choices. The women are left feeling hollow and inferior for returning. Happiness can not be found. They long for Bison nation and the tailgating and championships. They are dragged to hockey games. Boredom eats at them. Just going through the motions by now. Families are falling apart. Kids cry themselves to sleep at night. Moms are eating meals with their families while humming Thunder Struck with blank looks on their faces, the babies scream. Grand Forks shops start to shut down. Not enough business anymore, Olive Garden didnt even make it a year.

Maybe we shouldn't play them...for the kids!

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 02:18 AM
Doesn't benefit us. It'd be fun, sure, but we have bigger things to worry about than having one fun OOC game. Let UND stew in the hell they've created for themselves.
A d1 win doesn't benefit NDSU? Gotcha.

ndsubison1
01-21-2013, 02:29 AM
dont we do a poll like this once a year? next meeting should be in the playoffs

56BISON73
01-21-2013, 02:33 AM

At least a couple of times. :rofl: Minimum

DjKyRo
01-21-2013, 02:35 AM
A d1 win doesn't benefit NDSU? Gotcha.

No more so than a Prairie View A&M, Robert Morris, or Lafayette.

Facts
01-21-2013, 02:41 AM
= UND. Ten char

BisonNation11
01-21-2013, 02:50 AM
= UND. Ten char

= SHSU, GSU, Wofford. Not any games I'm interested in playing during the regular season. = UND

Facts
01-21-2013, 03:11 AM
= SHSU, GSU, Wofford.

UND is a patsie = not any of the other teams you've listed above

Tatanka
01-21-2013, 03:14 AM
UND is a patsie = not any of the other teams you've listed aboveIzzy, that's patsie, not pastie. Carry on.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 03:27 AM
So you think UND is better than those teams?

BisonNation11
01-21-2013, 03:37 AM
UND is a patsie = not any of the other teams you've listed above

Still counts the same on the record, which was your point. My point is, I'm as interested in playing UN_as I am playing any of those other teams.

DjKyRo
01-21-2013, 04:12 AM
So you think UND is better than those teams?

Slightly. you're saying playing UND benefits NDSU as a D-I win, which is true, but the same means that playing any other team is equally advantageous.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Slightly. you're saying playing UND benefits NDSU as a D-I win, which is true, but the same means that playing any other team is equally advantageous.
k soo whats the big deal?

DjKyRo
01-21-2013, 04:52 AM
k soo whats the big deal?

I'm not saying there is one. I'm saying the benefit to NDSU (over the benefit of playing and presumably beating any other D-I team) isn't enough to warrant the game.

WYOBISONMAN
01-21-2013, 05:10 AM
No way........

XUBison
01-21-2013, 05:11 AM
Let them first have to earn their way to a game against us in the playoffs. Only after that happens should we consider playing them in the regular season. We had to earn every drop of success we've had in the last 10 years without any support from them. Why should those losers benefit from our success without first having to earn it themselves the same way we did?

natstar1
01-21-2013, 07:12 AM
Voted yes. Even though UND needs this association to be relevant, and the BACK-to-BACK NATIONAL CHAMPS obviously don't, it would be fun to beat them by 50 like our usual patsies. And yes, Und trolls, NDSU would beat UND by 50+.
Assuming a game happens how much would you like to wager?

stevdock
01-21-2013, 11:53 AM
I have seen plenty of current players say that they want to play them so that they can put 50 on them and shut everyone up for a while about it.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm not saying there is one. I'm saying the benefit to NDSU (over the benefit of playing and presumably beating any other D-I team) isn't enough to warrant the game.
That makes absolutely zero sense. Its a regular season FCS game. NDSU has already conquered what it has set out to do twice in consecutive years. Why the hell not kick the living shit in out of the neighbors to the north?

Im personally for the game because it adds A LOT more swag than f'ing western carolina or prairview A&M . Some people on here want the easiest trek to a top 2 seed for the playoffs but were probably the same ones afraid to play South Dakota St in the playoffs last year, and we all know how that turned out.

"Beneficial to NDSU" LMAO! It's a lower division college football game. get off your high horse.

Facts
01-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Assuming a game happens how much would you like to wager?

Next year, NDSU could name the score. I thought you didn't bet? I bet I can get you to bet by the end of this thread, Harry.

loudsilverado
01-21-2013, 01:28 PM
That makes absolutely zero sense. Its a regular season FCS game. NDSU has already conquered what it has set out to do twice in consecutive years. Why the hell not kick the living shit in out of the neighbors to the north?

Im personally for the game because it adds A LOT more swag than f'ing western carolina or prairview A&M . Some people on here want the easiest trek to a top 2 seed for the playoffs but were probably the same ones afraid to play South Dakota St in the playoffs last year, and we all know how that turned out.

"Beneficial to NDSU" LMAO! It's a lower division college football game. get off your high horse.

Exactly!!!!!!!

td577
01-21-2013, 01:35 PM
I would like a sixth home game and if whond is the only option, then offer them a game. That simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts
01-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Still counts the same on the record, which was your point. My point is, I'm as interested in playing UN_as I am playing any of those other teams.
A win is a win, that's well understood and wasn't my point.
Your point is UND = SHSU, GSU, and Wofford from an "interest" perspective... And you are not "interested". Must have been a boring playoff run for you the last couple years playing teams that you're not interested in.

NDSU1980
01-21-2013, 01:45 PM
I would like a sixth home game and if whond is the only option, then offer them a game. That simple. Nothing more, nothing less.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkIf offered, und would run the other direction. Remember What RT started, and nothing has changed up there. They don't want to play us, and I don't want to play them.

NorthernBison
01-21-2013, 02:11 PM

Wrong. It is beating a Big Sky team. In case you haven't been paying attention, there is a lot of discussion at playoff time about which conferences get more or less selections.

Any MVFC team beating a team from a competing conference benefits the MVFC and potentially NDSU. Competing conferences are those that expect multiple bids.

It's not the only reason for scheduling them but definitely ranks them higher than PVAM and some if the other dogs we've played.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 02:13 PM
Wrong. It is beating a Big Sky team. In case you haven't been paying attention, there is a lot of discussion at playoff time about which conferences get more or less selections.

Any MVFC team beating a team from a competing conference benefits the MVFC and potentially NDSU. Competing conferences are those that expect multiple bids.

It's not the only reason for scheduling them but definitely ranks them higher than PVAM and some if the other dogs we've played.
Good point. haven't thought about that aspect yet.

Tatanka
01-21-2013, 02:25 PM
My biggest concern has nothing to do with the game itself, it has everything to do with the media and PR shitstorm that will surround the event. The first time some asshat quasi-news-reporter rabblerouser gets within earshot of someone suggesting that the "Sioux" suck, it's going to explode all over creation. NDSU simply can't win the PR battle here, especially when it's apparent there's a major talent differential between the two teams and the mouthbreathers up north have nothing else to talk about. Why subject yourself to that if you don't have to?

That said, I'm all for the game if GT and CB decide that's what's best for them--timeframe irrelevant.

tony
01-21-2013, 03:29 PM

In this case, it serves the needs of science though! Somebody was asserting that 90% of Bison fans want a game against UND.

On the flip side, I'm curious how much people don't want a UND game - I mean, what if it's a choice between 10 DI games and playing UND?

1. Make the offer.
2. Watch UND turn it down.
3. Point this out... a lot.

FarSouth Bison
01-21-2013, 04:05 PM
That cold front must be doing something to everybody's mind, up there in the frozen north country. I hope GT holds his ground and doesn't give in to the politics. There has been a lot of good arguments why it should be played, but the bottom line is they turned a cold shoulder on us when we needed help going thru the transition period.

NorthernBison
01-21-2013, 04:29 PM
In this case, it serves the needs of science though! Somebody was asserting that 90% of Bison fans want a game against UND.

On the flip side, I'm curious how much people don't want a UND game - I mean, what if it's a choice between 10 DI games and playing UND?

1. Make the offer.

My tailgate crew has only about 4 people (including me) who post here (approx 35 people total). In general, they might represent Bison fans who are not Bisonville posters.

They are almost universal in TWO opinions.
1. They DO NOT want to play UND.
2. They think Bisonville is populated by a bunch of morons with Lakes as the poster child.

Not exactly scientific but that's what they think.

BTW, my opinion, based on past history is that all of THEM would want a game as soon as the GFCCC has a good year and they start yapping about how they would beat the Bison if we weren't too chicken to play them.

Gully
01-21-2013, 04:45 PM

1. Make the offer.

In this case you play because it obviously benefits NDSU.

MNLonghorn10
01-21-2013, 04:55 PM
My tailgate crew has only about 4 people (including me) who post here (approx 35 people total). In general, they might represent Bison fans who are not Bisonville posters.

2. They think Bisonville is populated by a bunch of morons with Lakes as the poster child.

BTW, my opinion, based on past history is that all of THEM would want a game as soon as the GFCCC has a good year and they start yapping about how they would beat the Bison if we weren't too chicken to play them.
Lakes>your tailgate group

tony
01-21-2013, 04:57 PM

I beg to differ. We are incredibly wise in the ways of science at Bisonville.

gotts
01-21-2013, 05:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWeVbKwrdGs

Bison 4 Life
01-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I get barbecued every time I bring this up but the thing I miss the most is a real, honest to goodness rivalry game. We can talk about SDSU or UNI all we want but they really don't rise to the same "you're on one side or the other" rivalry that the UND games did. That's what's missing. We have essentially become bigger than a college team and that's kind of a bummer.

Everybody is to blame for this. At different times both sides have looked like the kid who wanted to take his ball and go home. It just seems time to let bygones be bygones and for the good of the state and both programs, rekindle this important series.

Living in Columbus you can see what it's like and how much holy hell was raised when they even though about making any changes to the Michigan-Ohio State game. If anything like this ever happened neither fan base would be so quick to dismiss 100 years of history.

MankatoBison
01-21-2013, 05:56 PM
I get barbecued every time I bring this up but the thing I miss the most is a real, honest to goodness rivalry game. We can talk about SDSU or UNI all we want but they really don't rise to the same "you're on one side or the other" rivalry that the UND games did. That's what's missing.

Everybody is to blame for this. At different times both sides have looked like the kid who wanted to take his ball and go home. It just seems time to let bygones be bygones and for the good of the state and both programs, rekindle this important series.

Thank you Sir

Elvis was a Bison
01-21-2013, 06:01 PM
I get barbecued every time I bring this up but the thing I miss the most is a real, honest to goodness rivalry game. We can talk about SDSU or UNI all we want but they really don't rise to the same "you're on one side or the other" rivalry that the UND games did. That's what's missing. We have essentially become bigger than a college team and that's kind of a bummer.

Living in Columbus you can see what it's like and how much holy hell was raised when they even though about making any changes to the Michigan-Ohio State game. If anything like this ever happened neither fan base would be so quick to dismiss 100 years of history.

No barbeque, just a question.

Have you experienced a recent UNI Pussie or SDSU Bunny game?

I have. Both home and away. It has all the making of a great rivalry, if you will just let UND pass into history......

FarSouth Bison
01-21-2013, 06:21 PM
My only question , is how would a game between the two schools. Be "for the good of the state and the schools"?
It's all BS! All this is doing is giving some politician or radio show something to go off on for the next few months!

EndZoneQB
01-21-2013, 06:24 PM

I have. Both home and away. It has all the making of a great rivalry, if you will just let UND pass into history......

Especially UNI. I really have a feeling of hatred toward their school/program/team, much like UND. The fans respond about the same, altho they have been AWFULLY quiet since we won the first title and almost non-existent since the 2nd run. Even on their forums it's a meltdown on how they can't compete anymore.

southcliffbison
01-21-2013, 07:33 PM

This........ looks like the poll is runnig 3 to 1 negative on playing the who. Could we consider this a legitimate random sample of fans? By fans, I'm meaning the season ticket holder/team makers member.........people with a vested interest in the program. As far as the casual fan is concerned (the one who would need a Garmin to find the Fargodome), I really don't care what your opinion is.

Hammerhead
01-21-2013, 07:42 PM
Maybe it's because don't attend many games since I'm so far away, but I don't feel any extra joy beating SDSU or UNI like I used to do when we beat UND. It's just another conference win and one game closer to a good seed in the playoffs.

80ALUM
01-21-2013, 08:33 PM
This........ looks like the poll is runnig 3 to 1 negative on playing the who. Could we consider this a legitimate random sample of fans? By fans, I'm meaning the season ticket holder/team makers member.........people with a vested interest in the program. As far as the casual fan is concerned (the one who would need a Garmin to find the Fargodome), I really don't care what your opinion is.
I would also find it interesting to see where those who are alumni of NDSU stand versus those fans who aren't. I don't think feelings are as intense if you did not attend either school.

ndsubison1
01-21-2013, 08:59 PM
Especially UNI. I really have a feeling of hatred toward their school/program/team, much like UND. The fans respond about the same, altho they have been AWFULLY quiet since we won the first title and almost non-existent since the 2nd run. Even on their forums it's a meltdown on how they can't compete anymore.

Lol I remember after we won the title the first time many of them said it was a fluke lol

bisonfan11
01-21-2013, 09:02 PM
Why must we give in to UND's demands? Did we end the rivalry or did our neighbors to the north end it? It is not our fault UND decided to follow us after we left the party. I feel we don't owe UND anything so if we don't play them on our terms we should not play them unless we meet in the play-offs. We sell out the Fargodome regardless of who we play. UND needs us to play there for them to sell out their POS stadium. I don't think we need to "help" our neighbors to the north at all.

Bison 4 Life
01-21-2013, 09:07 PM
Maybe it's because don't attend many games since I'm so far away, but I don't feel any extra joy beating SDSU or UNI like I used to do when we beat UND. It's just another conference win and one game closer to a good seed in the playoffs.

This is pretty much how I feel. I actually went to the UNI game this year and it was fun but it wasn't nearly as intense as the last Bison/Sioux game I went to in Grand Forks.

BadlandsBison
01-21-2013, 09:14 PM

Lets get 3 titles before UNI gets 1. UND meh whatever...

If NDSU can somehow become a full Missouri Valley member, that would just be dandy.

reformedUNDfan
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
Lets get 3 titles before UNI gets 1. UND meh whatever...

If NDSU can somehow become a full Missouri Valley member, that would just be dandy.

i don't get the draw of the mvc. I like the MWC much better.

EndZoneQB
01-21-2013, 10:13 PM

Great basketball conference and same opponents during the football season. It just makes sense and fits us geographically much better.

heckler
01-21-2013, 10:22 PM

I'm with you.

NDSUstudent
01-21-2013, 10:29 PM
I'd love either but if I had to chose give me the MWC.

AjaxTheMighty
01-21-2013, 11:25 PM
Great basketball conference and same opponents during the football season. It just makes sense and fits us geographically much better.

++++
Without a doubt it is a better conference. Imagine road games in Hawaii, San Diego, Fresno, Vegas, and Reno, and that is in the conference. Bison fans love to make light of certain schools hideous travel schedule. this would be worse. And our closest conference foe would be what, Wyoming? I would say Bisonville has seriously intense blood flow for the MWC over the valley. Every other thread brings it up.

td577
01-22-2013, 12:00 AM
I would also find it interesting to see where those who are alumni of NDSU stand versus those fans who aren't. I don't think feelings are as intense if you did not attend either school.

As a Ndsu grad, I don't have any different feelings over playing Horton hears a who nd then those fans who didn't.

Academically, I don't think the schools should be looking at the other as competition. They should co-exist and compliment each other.

Athletically, whoND has become irrelevant. Their hockey program is moving into the Abyss Conference and their own fans don't care about the other sports.

Like I said earlier, I just want a sixth home game and not against a bottom scraper. Say what you want about the und fighting bloomers but they do belong to a legitimate conference.

What I really would like is an Ivy League school but that probably won't happen. They like their own little world over there.

perthbison
01-22-2013, 01:42 AM
I voted Yes.

Of course, the devil is in the details. I don't see the harm in making a fair offer, say $200,000.

Better yet, have some fun with it: Get Heitkamp in a car with Taylor, drive up to Faison's office with a giant check and a contract, and hand it to Faison live on KFGO/WDAY radio. Just draw up the contract so the guarantee goes down by $10,000 per day that it takes UND to sign because their track record is to delay, delay, delay and then finally decline whereupon the media blames NDSU.Under these guidelines I'd be OK with it.

perthbison
01-22-2013, 01:44 AM
This is pretty much how I feel. I actually went to the UNI game this year and it was fun but it wasn't nearly as intense as the last Bison/Sioux game I went to in Grand Forks.But you were young and wild back then.

IzzyFlexion
01-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Just for fun......same question with an additional qualifier:

We raise the championship banner at that game. That sounds a bit fun, no?

NorthernBison
01-22-2013, 02:06 AM

That would be Brilliant. I'm down for that.

MHDBisonfan
01-22-2013, 02:13 AM
NDSU grad of 1990. The "glory days". The UNI and SDSU rivalry games are fun, don't get me wrong, but they do not compare with the rivalry from the school up north. To this day, 23 years later, I can't stand them. Want every sport to lose every game. With one tiny qualifier, I have a former player who is playing up there, so for now, I'm ok with that sport winning, but believe me, when that person graduates, I'm hoping for 0-__ records again. I don't feel that way about SDSU. I'm Ok with SDSU winning against other teams, in fact, I pull for SDSU to win games when they don't play us. I would NEVER say that about the school up north. Pretty sad actually when you think about it, but that's the loathing that was drilled into our heads when we attended school at SU, and it's never left.

Don't play them. Let them stew.

Montana Bison
01-22-2013, 07:33 AM
Piss on UND ! Move on people, there are bigger fish to fry.

spelunker64
01-22-2013, 01:10 PM
Play them as soon as we can

unbison
01-22-2013, 01:43 PM
As far as glory days.... I'd say for NDSU football they r the here and the now we have not played them in becoming back to back champs why now brown cow

KilldeerBison
01-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Reminds me, last year the banner was accidently sent to UN __, they turned this into a media circus. At the time, I couldn't imagine Bohl, Taylor and Bresciani doing these things. If the situation were reversed, probably would have never known about it. The banner likely would have been boxed up and sent north, without fanfare. On the other hand, the pooh crew took every advantage to make it all about "them". For the record, I was not surprised.

Elvis was a Bison
01-22-2013, 02:08 PM

Why? They weren't part of it in any way.

If we are not going to raise it at the home opener against MSU, than raise it when we host UNI, because we kicked their ass at their house on the way to the title. That has real meaning and could add to an already bad case of butthurt.

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 02:13 PM
I voted no. This is a tough one for me. Selfishly I would love to see the game. It would be a blast. Get the nickel back and never play them again. Having said that...and as others have pointed out on here it would put us in a lose/lose situation. We gain nothing out of it. Unless its a last minute game to fill a non con spot, I would say no. We shouldnt help them at all.

I know I have done a complete 360 on this. To much hanging out with Gully and reading Lakes rants I guess.

MNLonghorn10
01-22-2013, 02:16 PM
How does ndsu gain nothing? guys...ndsu isnt fbs. Stop acting like this is a minnesota/ndsu situation

TransAmBison
01-22-2013, 02:23 PM
How does ndsu gain nothing? guys...ndsu isnt fbs. Stop acting like this is a minnesota/ndsu situation

UN_ will gain...it would be good exposure for recruiting. And, what do we gain? We already sell out the dome...so we don't gain money.

WYOBISONMAN
01-22-2013, 02:26 PM
Just taking a look at the poll numbers. It sure seems like the vast majority of us say NO.

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 02:27 PM

YOu tell me what NDSU has to gain? I cant think of anything. Somehow we will gain some negative press for beating up poor little UND. The only we gain would be the nickel.

TAILG8R
01-22-2013, 02:28 PM
YOu tell me what NDSU has to gain? I cant think of anything. Somehow we will gain some negative press for beating up poor little UND. The only we gain would be the nickel.

Two National Championships > One Nickel

NorthernBison
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM

Everything revolves around the decision whether to do home and home contracts. If the answer is YES, then UND is the most financially attractive partner because our travel expenses are essentially zero.

What I'm hearing is that most of our fans are in favor of the "Montana" method of scheduling. Never travel unless it is to an FBS for a big check. Only play cupcakes in the Fargodome for the remainder of the OOC schedule. That's a method that has proven to be effective. (I see we do have a home and home with Montana and wonder what the reasoning is for that).

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Two National Championships > One Nickel

Agreed. Not worth it. Although there is nothing saying we can't have both, but I wouldnt want to help them unless we absolutely have to.

Everything revolves around the decision whether to do home and home contracts. If the answer is YES, then UND is the most financially attractive partner because our travel expenses are essentially zero.

What I'm hearing is that most of our fans are in favor of the "Montana" method of scheduling. Never travel unless it is to an FBS for a big check. Only play cupcakes in the Fargodome for the remainder of the OOC schedule. That's a method that has proven to be effective. (I see we do have a home and home with Montana and wonder what the reasoning is for that).

I would be against a home and home with them. They are not worthy of us traveling to GF. The only way I would be ok with playing them is if its a last minute schedule we couldnt find anyone else that benefits us more and its at the dome. A one time thing.

Strongman
01-22-2013, 03:12 PM
Hopefully, within the next ten years, we no longer have this debate. UND was in our past. The football program has flourished the last several years. The truth of the matter is that the rivalry is dead--9 years of not playing and not being in the same conference will do that to a rivalry. All the nostalgic NDSU fans have to face facts--that rivalry is never ever going to be the same. Hence, move on. It's 2013. Let move forward, instead of attempting to go backwards.

tcbison
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM

THIS^^^. NDSU playing UND will bring nothing good to NDSU at all. Someone will say Sioux Suck and the media will be talking about it for weeks if not more. Even if the score is 42-0 they will somehow make NDSU look bad.

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 03:15 PM
The truth of the matter is that the rivalry is dead--9 years of not playing and not being in the same conference will do that to a rivalry. All the nostalgic NDSU fans have to face facts--that rivalry is never ever going to be the same.

Although I voted no to playing them, I could not disagree more with this statement. Even if we played them just once in the next ten years....it would all come back. As a matter of fact I think that's why some higher ups may not want it scheduled....all the stupidity that goes with the rivalry. And lets be honest...there's a lot of stupidity at UND. :biggrin:

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 03:16 PM
Someone will say Sioux Suck and the media will be talking about it for weeks if not more.

That would be me. Apologizing in advance.

Bison 4 Life
01-22-2013, 03:22 PM
Hopefully, within the next ten years, we no longer have this debate. UND was in our past. The football program has flourished the last several years. The truth of the matter is that the rivalry is dead--9 years of not playing and not being in the same conference will do that to a rivalry. All the nostalgic NDSU fans have to face facts--that rivalry is never ever going to be the same. Hence, move on. It's 2013. Let move forward, instead of attempting to go backwards.

The shame of that is that there is no rivalry then, something that really drives college sports. To have a true rivalry, the other side has to give a crap. We can get as worked up as we want but until the other side cares as much as we do, it's just silly.

Honeybooboo
01-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Play the damn game, I don't want it yearly but want 1 game maybe with a return but no Long ass contract

So I voted no to yearly but would vote yes to a home and home considering the away is only 72 miles, I would especially like to see them play this Senior class coming up

BISON Thunder
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
The shame of that is that there is no rivalry then, something that really drives college sports. To have a true rivalry, the other side has to give a crap. We can get as worked up as we want but until the other side cares as much as we do, it's just silly.

IMO, the first time we would again play the EGF/GF CCer's in football would be a spectacle event(primarily because the media would make it so). After that, the interest would ebb similar to the basketball contests with the CCer's...or at least to a level no greater than playing a mid tier MVFC game. The younger Bison fans would be asking, "remind me again why I should care more about this football game than games against UNI and SDSU"?

I could give a rat's azz about the CCer's. And as far as "owing" anybody anything...my vote would be to play Cal Poly, Davis, or Southern Utah.

WYOBISONMAN
01-22-2013, 03:53 PM
Play the damn game, I don't want it yearly but want 1 game maybe with a return but no Long ass contract

So I voted no to yearly but would vote yes to a home and home considering the away is only 72 miles, I would especially like to see them play this Senior class coming up

I probably could go along with that. I would just hate to see us commit to something that would tie up one of our OOC slots every year. I like seeing the Bison play a variety of OOC competition.

BisonNation11
01-22-2013, 04:04 PM
IMO, the first time we would again play the EGF/GF CCer's in football would be a spectacle (primarily because the media would make it so).

You think they would upgrade their equipment and televise it in HD?

southcliffbison
01-22-2013, 04:09 PM

We have rivalries.........UNI and SDSU quickly come to mind.......... how much "hate" has to exist for an opposing team to be considered a "rivalry" ? And, if you don't think there isn't pure-ass hatred for the Bison by Jackbunny fans, you should live in Sioux Falls. Also, as long as Moustache Pete Lennon is still employed by SIU with his whoND ties, I consider them rivals too.

stevdock
01-22-2013, 04:12 PM
Do I remember the schedule correctly in saying that this year AND next year we can schedule 12 games?? If so we could schedule them this year and have 6 home games (11 total), then go up there next year and still have 6 potential home games (12 total). Both sides always said the next potential would be most logical during the 12 potential game seasons.

BisonTeacher
01-22-2013, 04:19 PM
We have rivalries.........UNI and SDSU quickly come to mind.......... how much "hate" has to exist for an opposing team to be considered a "rivalry" ? And, if you don't think there isn't pure-ass hatred for the Bison by Jackbunny fans, you should live in Sioux Falls. Also, as long as Moustache Pete Lennon is still employed by SIU with his whoND ties, I consider them rivals too.

Ive heard it said on here that we dont hate SDSU, we respect them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTK_eSOCN4&safe=active

BisonNation11
01-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Do I remember the schedule correctly in saying that this year AND next year we can schedule 12 games?? If so we could schedule them this year and have 6 home games (11 total), then go up there next year and still have 6 potential home games (12 total). Both sides always said the next potential would be most logical during the 12 potential game seasons.

I don't see Bohl wanting to play 12 games, any year, unless the Bison were an absolute terrible team and needed all the help it could get to get into the playoffs. Not only that, a return trip up to teh tin shed would suck. Hardly any of us would be able to go. There's hardly any seating in there, and knowing that game was on the schedule, I'd guarantee we'd up their season ticket holders by quite a significant amount. I for one don't want to help them with anything. Playoffs (their Super Bowl) or no game at all.

tony
01-22-2013, 04:36 PM
I don't see Bohl wanting to play 12 games, any year, unless the Bison were an absolute terrible team and needed all the help it could get to get into the playoffs. Not only that, a return trip up to teh tin shed would suck. Hardly any of us would be able to go. There's hardly any seating in there, and knowing that game was on the schedule, I'd guarantee we'd up their season ticket holders by quite a significant amount. I for one don't want to help them with anything. Playoffs (their Super Bowl) or no game at all.

Valid point about the Alerus being a horrible venue from a Bison fan perspective. Personally I only favor a one-game contract but how about this? Sign a home-and-home with the first game at NDSU and the return game in UND's new 30000-seat, retractable roof stadium.

HailHerd
01-22-2013, 04:44 PM
Offer them an outrageous amount of money to play a one time game at the Fargodome... Anything to bring the "Nickel" back to Fargo!!

Honeybooboo
01-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Valid point about the Alerus being a horrible venue from a Bison fan perspective. Personally I only favor a one-game contract but how about this? Sign a home-and-home with the first game at NDSU and the return game in UND's new 30000-seat, retractable roof stadium.

No way, state would probably build it for them if that was the deal

NDSU1980
01-22-2013, 04:52 PM
The boys over at the Hitler Youth board have a similar poll. It gives slightly more choices and it's been going for something like 2 years, but one thing is apparent, their numbers are essentially reversed. 76% want to play us either annually or occasionally, and 24% never want to play again.

Since we have the exact opposite figures, I have to wonder if those on this board who want to play again are really secretly und fans? It certainly makes sense, since und fans are the ones who want and need the game, and those are the ones who conveniently forget that RT was the one who slapped us in the face and declared us unworthy to be on the field of play with them.

Now that we've outed those who want to play for what they are, what other secrets might these guys be hiding in their closet????

siouxdgj
01-22-2013, 05:07 PM
Offer them an outrageous amount of money to play a one time game at the Fargodome... Anything to bring the "Nickel" back to Fargo!!

Considering everything that's happened with regard to political correctness, I think the NCAA would frown on restitution of the Nickel Trophy with its Indianhead on one side. The Sitting Bull Trophy, traditionally awarded to the winner of the North Dakota-South Dakota football game, was retired years ago for precisely that reason. It was superb while it lasted, but I think the Nickel Trophy should be relegated to history unless the NCAA gives its blessings in what in my opinion would be a strange twist of fate. Of course, with the NCAA anything can happen.

Hammerhead
01-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Part of the hype for the rivalry is that it was typically the only regular season game on TV. Now every Bison game is televised statewide.

HailHerd
01-22-2013, 05:25 PM
You are probably right about the NCAA and political correctness, but as an NDSU student with friends and relatives at UND their only argument when it comes to NDSU vs UND in regards to football is "We still have the nickel trophy." Take that away from them and see what they have to say.

bisonmike2
01-22-2013, 05:27 PM
I'm abstaining from this vote. Cause if the state of North Dakota has taught me anything it's this. If you have a problem that's annoying and you don't want to acknowledge it, abstinence is the answer.

TransAmBison
01-22-2013, 05:40 PM
I'm abstaining from this vote. Cause if the state of North Dakota has taught me anything it's this. If you have a problem that's annoying and you don't want to acknowledge it, abstinence is the answer.I was about to fly by with a smart a$$ remark, but then I decided to abort the mission.

southcliffbison
01-22-2013, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=BisonTeacher;710143]Ive heard it said on here that we dont hate SDSU, we respect them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmTK_eSOCN4&safe=active[/QUOTE

Well, granted, there may be those of BV who respect them; but.................. I suspect for SDSU fans it has to do with coming out on the short end of the score the last couple years on the girdiron. That, plus with our basketball team beating the Jacks this year............ Saul's team winning on the hardcourt was like stealing the Holy Grail from them..........not supposed to happen, especially with that lineup they had coming back this year.

siouxdgj
01-22-2013, 05:54 PM
You are probably right about the NCAA and political correctness, but as an NDSU student with friends and relatives at UND their only argument when it comes to NDSU vs UND in regards to football is "We still have the nickel trophy." Take that away from them and see what they have to say.

Well, there is the matter of the head-to-head series whereby UND leads with 62 wins against 45 losses to NDSU and three ties. Justifiably so, NDSU has two consecutive national championships--well-earned and well-deserved, I might add (and I'll venture to say quite a number of UND fans are in your corner when it comes to playing for a national title)--but I think head-to-head competition deserves some respect. Likely as not, NDSU fans will champion the national championship argument (which they should), while UND fans will go with the head-to-head argument. Both schools have excellent overall football reputations. It kind of boils down to which girl you want to bring to the dance. I don't think you'll go wrong either way, whether it's flashiness, flash-in-the-pan or in it for the long haul. There's something for everyone.

aces1180
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Well, there is the matter of the head-to-head series whereby UND leads with 62 wins against 45 losses to NDSU and three ties. Justifiably so, NDSU has two consecutive national championships--well-earned and well-deserved, I might add (and I'll venture to say quite a number of UND fans are in your corner when it comes to playing for a national title)--but I think head-to-head competition deserves some respect. Likely as not, NDSU fans will champion the national championship argument (which they should), while UND fans will go with the head-to-head argument. Both schools have excellent overall football reputations. It kind of boils down to which girl you want to bring to the dance. I don't think you'll go wrong either way, whether it's flashiness, flash-in-the-pan or in it for the long haul. There's something for everyone.

Isn't this the same argument used when comparing UND/UM hockey? UND has more National Championships, while Minnesota leads the all-time series. So, what is better? Head to head or the number of National Titles?

UND fans can't have it both ways.

tony
01-22-2013, 05:58 PM
Considering everything that's happened with regard to political correctness, I think the NCAA would frown on restitution of the Nickel Trophy with its Indianhead on one side. The Sitting Bull Trophy, traditionally awarded to the winner of the North Dakota-South Dakota football game, was retired years ago for precisely that reason. It was superb while it lasted, but I think the Nickel Trophy should be relegated to history unless the NCAA gives its blessings in what in my opinion would be a strange twist of fate. Of course, with the NCAA anything can happen.

Meh, if UND pulls something bush league like that, then screw the game.

The NCAA didn't mention the trophy by name so they'd have to file a separate, new action to get rid of it.

My question is this: If the trophy is indeed retired, why hasn't UND sent it to the state historical museum? UND sure as hell hasn't earned it.

tony
01-22-2013, 06:02 PM
Both schools have excellent overall football reputations*. It kind of boils down to which girl you want to bring to the dance**.

* Not even in the same ballpark.
** Yeah, if you want to bring the chick who was hot between WWI and Vietnam, then bring UND.

siouxdgj
01-22-2013, 06:07 PM
Isn't this the same argument used when comparing UND/UM hockey? UND has more National Championships, while Minnesota leads the all-time series. So, what is better? Head to head or the number of National Titles?

UND fans can't have it both ways.

Yes, I'd say it's the exact same argument; good point. The answer, I think, depends on the individual fan. I believe a compelling argument can be made for either scenario. How's that for straddling the fence?

BisonNation11
01-22-2013, 06:09 PM
Yes, I'd say it's the exact same argument; good point. The answer, I think, depends on the individual fan. I believe a compelling argument can be made for either scenario. How's that for straddling the fence?

I hope it's an electric one. :duel::biggrin:

imabison
01-22-2013, 06:14 PM
Meh, if UND pulls something bush league like that, then screw the game.

The NCAA didn't mention the trophy by name so they'd have to file a separate, new action to get rid of it.

My question is this: If the trophy is indeed retired, why hasn't UND sent it to the state historical museum? UND sure as hell hasn't earned it.

Send it to the State Historical Museum? Heck they are afraid to even display it. Guess they are all just ashamed to have it on campus!!!

tony
01-22-2013, 06:18 PM
Send it to the State Historical Museum? Heck they are afraid to even display it. Guess they are all just ashamed to have it on campus!!!

And if the NCAA is going to get after UND for playing for the trophy, they are going to get after them for having it.

Putting the trophy up for grabs at least solves the latter problem. :)

MankatoBison
01-22-2013, 06:39 PM
In regards to the nickel trophy... I think the thing is awesome and I would HOPE that we could use it again if/when the scenario comes where we play the Whioux at least somewhat regularly again... But the reality is, is that the NCAA will probably see it far too offensive to be seen by human eyes again. Sooo has there been any discussion or ideas as to what an alternate trophy may be? It's so much fun to win the Dakota marker, and the Nickel was so cool I would feel that we would almost HAVE to have some kind of prize to the winner of this game.. At least I want one haha.. Any ideas? Like actual ones? I would prefer that people not childishly insult me as opposed to adding to the conversation please..

Any good trophy ideas out there at all??

aces1180
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
In regards to the nickel trophy... I think the thing is awesome and I would HOPE that we could use it again if/when the scenario comes where we play the Whioux at least somewhat regularly again... But the reality is, is that the NCAA will probably see it far too offensive to be seen by human eyes again. Sooo has there been any discussion or ideas as to what an alternate trophy may be? It's so much fun to win the Dakota marker, and the Nickel was so cool I would feel that we would almost HAVE to have some kind of prize to the winner of this game.. At least I want one haha.. Any ideas? Like actual ones? I would prefer that people not childishly insult me as opposed to adding to the conversation please..

Any good trophy ideas out there at all??

I don't feel that anything could replace the Nickel (if considered hostile and abusive) and I would be angry if they tried to create something else. I don't know how the NCAA would consider a replica of official United States currency offensive. If they did, however, I say it should go to the Heritage Center in Bismarck, with a 360-degree display that talks about the trophy's meaning on both sides.

NDSUstudent
01-22-2013, 07:01 PM
If SFA and Northwestern State can play for this....

http://www.thepinelog.com/polopoly_fs/1.2956741!/image/752730328.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_260/752730328.jpg

I'm not sure how the NCAA could even have an argument that the nickel is offensive. I'd be more worried about UN_'s admin chickening out and deciding not to play for it.

td577
01-22-2013, 09:31 PM

This is a joke. whoND would switch places in a heartbeat, so it is a irrelevant non-argument. NCs in 4 of the past 6 decades. If the Bison quit playing football tomorrow and whoND wanted to catch up, it would take over 500 years at their rate of NCs. Head to head record is only brought out when every other argument is destroyed. If there is anyone on this planet that would prefer a better head to head record over National Championships, that person is an idiot. Lastly, I wouldn't call one NC a flash-in-the-pan, I would call it a fluke.

NorthernBison
01-22-2013, 09:37 PM
This is a joke. whoND would switch places in a heartbeat, so it is a irrelevant non-argument. NCs in 4 of the past 6 decades. If the Bison quit playing football tomorrow and whoND wanted to catch up, it would take over 500 years at their rate of NCs. Head to head record is only brought out when every other argument is destroyed. If there is anyone on this planet that would prefer a better head to head record over National Championships, that person is an idiot. Lastly, I wouldn't call one NC a flash-in-the-pan, I would call it a fluke.

Yup, the rivalry is DEAD.

tony
01-22-2013, 11:06 PM
Yup, the rivalry is DEAD.

Just because you have strong feelings about an ex, doesn't mean that you want to hook up with them again. :)

I can see both sides. Anybody who says that there is no downside to playing UND is living in just in much a fantasy world as those who say that nobody cares about them anymore.

AjaxTheMighty
01-23-2013, 12:02 AM
Put UN_ in a thread and watch the Asian river carp jump. But we've moved on.

IzzyFlexion
01-23-2013, 12:14 AM

Oh!
win-win-win situation.
Hillsboro: only 40 miles away............win!
Neutral field with huge seating capacity:.......win!
Co-op athletics with the whioux?................................OK, changing to "no win" situation. Unless both teams play on skates.

Facts
01-23-2013, 03:44 PM

Head to head record since ndsu became classified as a University? Anyone?

Hammerhead
01-23-2013, 04:07 PM
Head to head record since ndsu became classified as a University? Anyone?

According to the Wikipedia article on the nickel trophy, NDSU has a 25-18 advantage beginning in the 1961 season. Add in our 1995 playoff victory in Grand Forks and that gives us a 26-18 record.

Stig-o-saurus
01-23-2013, 07:11 PM
Relatively recent NDSU grad, and I voted no. They'd be expecting a home-home contract, and that just doesn't make sense for the Bison. If they want to come to the Fargodome on occasion, fine, but the Bison don't need to go to that tin can they call a dome.

Others have mentioned that we sell out home games without their help. Currently the only time NDSU plays in front of fewer than 19,000 fans is conference away games. No need to change that just to schedule und

southcliffbison
01-23-2013, 07:36 PM
I voted "no"; and after reading 15 pages of replies to this topic, I have come to the conclusion that whond should pay the AD for the privilege of playing the Bison. If they'd agree, I might even change my vote. Yes. THAT'S RIGHT, pay the Bison for the privilege of being placed on our schedule. $200 grand seems about right. Cough up some dough, Faison, or no go. After all, the who would finally get to play in a soldout venue in an atmosphere that resembles a college football game and not a mausoleum.

56BISON73
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
I dont know about them no paying but why should we pay them anything? They want the game. They are only 75 miles away. Do they get paid when they travel in the big fluffy?

NorthernBison
01-23-2013, 10:02 PM
I dont know about them no paying but why should we pay them anything? They want the game. They are only 75 miles away. Do they get paid when they travel in the big fluffy?

Right now, we are looking for a game and UND has 11 games scheduled for 2013.

Unless Montana buys out of their game in GF, Faison would be stupid to fill their off week by going to Fargo without either a gigantic check or a rock solid contract for a return game.

Chances of a game in 2013 are very close to zero.

56BISON73
01-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Right now, we are looking for a game and UND has 11 games scheduled for 2013.

Unless Montana buys out of their game in GF, Faison would be stupid to fill their off week by going to Fargo without either a gigantic check or a rock solid contract for a return game.

Chances of a game in 2013 are very close to zero.

Of course its almost zero. Just throwing it out there. Why should we pay them regardless of when we play them. Did we pay them when we used to play them? If not why should we now?

td577
01-23-2013, 11:41 PM
Of course its almost zero. Just throwing it out there. Why should we pay them regardless of when we play them. Did we pay them when we used to play them? If not why should we now?

In the day, those were conference games. Now we treat them just like any other potential ooc game.

NorthernBison
01-23-2013, 11:55 PM

We won't pay them because they won't be looking for a guaranty game and they have a nice list of home and home options within their conference.

In the meantime, we are stuck paying dogs upwards of $300k to come to Fargo to play a game that is over before the half. Gives an idea of how the BCS powers feel about the FCS cupcakes they get stuck scheduling.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2013, 12:43 AM

They probably would feel prettttttty silly taking a check from SU. After all, the state would throw at least half a million at them in one of those "cash gift" greeting cards urging them to kick our asses.
http://prints.encore-editions.com/grey77/5/6/500/chief-iron-tail-a-sioux-indian-from-buffalo-bill-s-wild-west-show-greeting-card.jpg
-too hostile?

56BISON73
01-24-2013, 01:20 AM
They probably would feel prettttttty silly taking a check from SU. After all, the state would throw at least half a million at them in one of those "cash gift" greeting cards urging them to kick our asses.
http://prints.encore-editions.com/grey77/5/6/500/chief-iron-tail-a-sioux-indian-from-buffalo-bill-s-wild-west-show-greeting-card.jpg
-too hostile?

Can you use it for travel hacking?

56BISON73
01-24-2013, 01:24 AM
In the day, those were conference games. Now we treat them just like any other potential ooc game.

I understand that. The question is---why should we pay them now. Especially when they are crying for a game. When you beg for a game it doesnt put you in a position of bargaining strength.

abc123
01-24-2013, 01:47 AM
I understand that. The question is---why should we pay them now. Especially when they are crying for a game. When you beg for a game it doesnt put you in a position of bargaining strength.
UND isn't crying for a game. They have 11 scheduled next year and everything points to them being content with that. They also won't fill their open date in September as that would give 12 games in a row with no bye because their 2nd bye week isn't until the final week of the season, so all this talk about a September game is pointless. Not going to happen. NDSU is the team looking for a game. This all came up again when Izzo pointed out that Western Carolina was buying out their game and UND had that date open.

Now if you are talking about scheduling future games, yes, UND is open to it as far as I'm aware. Faison stated that he was sending GT a contract for the one time home and home that GT had originally stated was the only option he was open to (2015 and 2017 last I heard). Whether Faison sent it and whether GT actually is still open to it are the two questions that haven't been answered by anyone. That is what the Forum and Herald should be finding out instead of just throwing random ideas out that aren't going to happen.

As for paying UND now, if you expect any team to come play a one-time game in your house, you will have to pay them, regardless of who it is. The market has shown that the price for that for NDSU is in the $250M range. If there was a home and home, the only contract I see Faison accepting under current circumstances with UND's future schedules, then there would be no payments.

td577
01-24-2013, 01:59 AM
UND isn't crying for a game. They have 11 scheduled next year and everything points to them being content with that. They also won't fill their open date in September as that would give 12 games in a row with no bye because their 2nd bye week isn't until the final week of the season, so all this talk about a September game is pointless. Not going to happen. NDSU is the team looking for a game. This all came up again when Izzo pointed out that Western Carolina was buying out their game and UND had that date open.

Now if you are talking about scheduling future games, yes, UND is open to it as far as I'm aware. Faison stated that he was sending GT a contract for the one time home and home that GT had originally stated was the only option he was open to (2015 and 2017 last I heard). Whether Faison sent it and whether GT actually is still open to it are the two questions that haven't been answered by anyone. That is what the Forum and Herald should be finding out instead of just throwing random ideas out that aren't going to happen.

As for paying UND now, if you expect any team to come play a one-time game in your house, you will have to pay them, regardless of who it is. The market has shown that the price for that for NDSU is in the $250M range. If there was a home and home, the only contract I see Faison accepting under current circumstances with UND's future schedules, then there would be no payments.

250m would get it done.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 02:21 AM
That is what the Forum and Herald should be finding out instead of just throwing random ideas out that aren't going to happen.

I think we can all agree on what won't happen, no? This^

BisonTeacher
01-24-2013, 12:17 PM
Im not yet a teammaker, so I can't speak for them, but if one cent of my donation went to und for them to come to the dome, I would be pissed. WE better not pay them at ALL IMO. If they want the privilege of playing us...they can pay for the gas to drive down.

Maybe they can do a fundraiser car wash or something.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2013, 12:25 PM
Im not yet a teammaker, so I can't speak for them, but if one cent of my donation went to und for them to come to the dome, I would be pissed. WE better not pay them at ALL IMO. If they want the privilege of playing us...they can pay for the gas to drive down. Maybe they can do a fundraiser car wash or something.

Ah.........bullet train?!

Rockbear99
01-24-2013, 12:29 PM
Right or wrong here is what I think. NDSU seems to have one really bad game a year. I along with others fear that it would be against UND and that would suck ass. I for one dont want to give some of the asshat Sioux fans a bigger head than they already have. Just not worth it to me.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Right or wrong here is what I think. NDSU seems to have one really bad game a year. I along with others fear that it would be against UND and that would suck ass. I for one dont want to give some of the asshat Sioux fans a bigger head than they already have. Just not worth it to me.

But it would be OK because the local media would have mercy and be sympathetic towards NDSU though, wouldn't it?

17 page full color coverage of a UND win in FF, GFH, and Biz-Trib?

a) article #1: Self Proclaimed "Mighty Bison" Finally Play a Real Team
b) article #2: Who has Butthockey Now Muther-F*ckers?!?!
c) article #3: Fargodome Concessions Run Out of Napkins Used up by NDSU Cry-Babies
d) article #4: Mass Projectile Vomiting Reported in Losers' Post Game Tailgate
e) article #5: UND Campus to be Closed Next Monday & Tuesday for Mussman Bukakke Festival.
f) article #6: Bison Rumored to be Dropping Football in Favor of Ice LaCrosse

Please add to this list as you feel compelled to do so.

344Johnson
01-24-2013, 04:27 PM
But it would be OK because the local media would have mercy and be sympathetic towards NDSU though, wouldn't it?

17 page full color coverage of a UND win in FF, GFH, and Biz-Trib?

a) article #1: Self Proclaimed "Mighty Bison" Finally Play a Real Team
b) article #2: Who has Butthockey Now Muther-F*ckers?!?!
c) article #3: Fargodome Concessions Run Out of Napkins Used up by NDSU Cry-Babies
d) article #4: Mass Projectile Vomiting Reported in Losers' Post Game Tailgate
e) article #5: UND Campus to be Closed Next Monday & Tuesday for Mussman Bukakke Festival.
f) article #6: Bison Rumored to be Dropping Football in Favor of Ice LaCrosse

Please add to this list as you feel compelled to do so.

BangBus.com to Sponsor and Film All-Male Video on UND Football Bus

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 04:38 PM
BangBus.com to Sponsor and Film All-Male Video on UND Football Bus

No, the Frisco Cruiser wants no part in this idea.

BisonTeacher
01-24-2013, 05:19 PM
No, the Frisco Cruiser wants no part in this idea.

Total thread drift, but when is the Frisco Cruiser crew going to paint the word "Bus" on the side of it? :offtopic:

Herd Mentality
01-24-2013, 05:31 PM
Im not yet a teammaker, so I can't speak for them, but if one cent of my donation went to und for them to come to the dome, I would be pissed. WE better not pay them at ALL IMO. If they want the privilege of playing us...they can pay for the gas to drive down.

Maybe they can do a fundraiser car wash or something.

Not a Teammaker (YET)....right?

I'm willing for NDSU to pay the expenses for UND to come play at the Fargodome...

1) Bus fair
2) Taco Bell before the game
3) Bandages

It lieu of #1, I suppose we could get all the NDSU tailgate busses together to bus them down to save on costs.

BisonTeacher
01-24-2013, 05:40 PM
Not a Teammaker (YET)....right?

I'm willing for NDSU to pay the expenses for UND to come play at the Fargodome...

1) Bus fair
2) Taco Bell before the game
3) Bandages

It lieu of #1, I suppose we could get all the NDSU tailgate busses together to bus them down to save on costs.

Yes....my post said yet. Excellent reading skills/word recognition. :biggrin:

DjKyRo
01-24-2013, 05:46 PM
Total thread drift, but when is the Frisco Cruiser crew going to paint the word "Bus" on the side of it? :offtopic:

This might be one of the more brilliant Bisonville memes to emerge in the modern era.

tony
01-24-2013, 05:52 PM

The "Bus" is there but it's invisible, And that's why, technically, Frisco Cruiser Bus is two words.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 06:10 PM
The "Bus" is there but it's invisible, And that's why, technically, Frisco Cruiser Bus is two words.

Haha, it's also on there elsewhere...just hidden a little bit.

Gully
01-24-2013, 06:25 PM

Two words.

heckler
01-25-2013, 02:23 PM
Why would they want to play us anyways? According to 740thefan facebook page we aren't even a true DI team.

EndZoneQB
01-25-2013, 02:31 PM
Why would they want to play us anyways? According to 740thefan facebook page we aren't even a true DI team.

The UN_ies fans are seriously insane. It's like arguing with a brick wall...just posted myself tho.

aces1180
01-25-2013, 02:52 PM
The UN_ies fans are seriously insane. It's like arguing with a brick wall...just posted myself tho.

Over on the Hitler Youth Board, darrel1976 is on his way to a stroke. "GT is the devil, the Fargo media wants the game, NDSU schedules cupcakes and crappy FBS schools (this one makes me laugh, because UND now does the same thing) blah, blah, blah..." The butthurt, as always, is strong with that one.

tjbison
01-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Anyone see the idiot say the big ten hockey conference is a joke and UND will be in the elite league next year????

Lol, it's a DII league

TAILG8R
01-25-2013, 03:16 PM
Anyone see the idiot say the big ten hockey conference is a joke and UND will be in the elite league next year????

Lol, it's a DII league

Colorado College is DIII in all sports except Hockey and Women's Soccer

NDSUstudent
01-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Wow is all I have to after reading those comments. Lakes is calling an NDSU grad and former athlete who calls a number of NDSU baskeball games a Sioux guy all because he calls UND football games, Hakstol now apparently coaches the most well disciplined team in college athletics while Bohl lets the players run the team, and UND may as well drop football because it is all just pretend at the level they play at.

56BISON73
01-25-2013, 09:22 PM

When they pay him royalties for inventing it.

PaBizon
01-26-2013, 12:03 AM
Over on the Hitler Youth Board, darrel1976 is on his way to a stroke. "GT is the devil, the Fargo media wants the game, NDSU schedules cupcakes and crappy FBS schools (this one makes me laugh, because UND now does the same thing) blah, blah, blah..." The butthurt, as always, is strong with that one.

You mean Duharrel1976???? That guy spends waaay tooooo much time in the Kellygreen koolaid

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2013, 01:50 PM
You mean Duharrel1976???? That guy spends waaay tooooo much time in the Kellygreen koolaid

And the thing that is really over the top is that he is not even an alumnus........

SDbison
01-26-2013, 03:04 PM
I hate to even post in this thread as it will keep it at top of the threads where it doesn't belong, but it sucks that 1 in 4 people at Bisonville keep bringing this shit up. The game will happen when it happens, if ever, and it is not up to the fans to decide.
Bisonville poll results show for every fan that wants this game 3 don't. Pretty confident that outside of Bisonville other NDSU fans don't want this game at least 2 to 1. For those that are so so fans, or could not care less about NDSU sports, my guess is the numbers would be evenly split (note proper use of care less).
In summary, NDSU football fans for whatever reason don't want to play the aholes to the north. And this won't change until their attitude changes which will never happen.
So let's put this to bed and focus on NDSU football in this topic area of Bisonville. Thanks and go Bison! _ _ _ _ _ really do suck!

WYOBISONMAN
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I hate to even post in this thread as it will keep it at top of the threads where it doesn't belong, but it sucks that 1 in 4 people at Bisonville keep bringing this shit up. The game will happen when it happens, if ever, and it is not up to the fans to decide.
Bisonville poll results show for every fan that wants this game 3 don't. Pretty confident that outside of Bisonville other NDSU fans don't want this game at least 2 to 1. For those that are so so fans, or could not care less about NDSU sports, my guess is the numbers would be evenly split (note proper use of care less).
In summary, NDSU football fans for whatever reason don't want to play the aholes to the north. And this won't change until their attitude changes which will never happen.
So let's put this to bed and focus on NDSU football in this topic area of Bisonville. Thanks and go Bison! _ _ _ _ _ really do suck!

And......it is a money losing proposition for NDSU to look at scheduling UND. It would likely have to be a home and home and the loss of a home OOC game for NDSU costs the Athletic Dept. a ton of cash since we will sellout ANY home game. The Bison could play Casselton and sell out the Fargodome.

NorthernBison
01-26-2013, 05:06 PM
And......it is a money losing proposition for NDSU to look at scheduling UND. It would likely have to be a home and home and the loss of a home OOC game for NDSU costs the Athletic Dept. a ton of cash since we will sellout ANY home game. The Bison could play Casselton and sell out the Fargodome.

Home and homes only cost if we reduce the price of season tickets in years where there are 5 home games. I don't see that happening.

I don't care that much about UND on the schedule but the horrible OOC opponents are a bit of an embarrassment until I remind myself that most other FCS programs duck the quality opponents too. Montana showed the way and it works.

KilldeerBison
01-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Home and homes only cost if we reduce the price of season tickets in years where there are 5 home games. I don't see that happening.

I don't care that much about UND on the schedule but the horrible OOC opponents are a bit of an embarrassment until I remind myself that most other FCS programs duck the quality opponents too. Montana showed the way and it works.
I don't see Taylor/Bohl as "ducking" opponents. I don't think that the pooh are any better than most OOC opponents. Also, it seems to me that the boosters/teammakers have been able to raise about $6,000 to $10,000 per home game, just in the 50/50 drawing?

SDbison
01-26-2013, 05:45 PM
I don't see Taylor/Bohl as "ducking" opponents. I don't think that the pooh are any better than most OOC opponents. Also, it seems to me that the boosters/teammakers have been able to raise about $6,000 to $10,000 per home game, just in the 50/50 drawing? Closer to $15,000 each game raised by teammakers from the 50/50 raffle.

NDSUstudent
01-26-2013, 05:52 PM
Agree with SD, plus I just don't care anymore. The game will happen when it makes sense for both sides, until then it isn't happening until UND gets a defense and is good enough to makes the playoffs because a playoff game seems to be the only we'll play them right now.

NorthernBison
01-26-2013, 06:10 PM
Closer to $15,000 each game raised by teammakers from the 50/50 raffle.

That's true. It still doesn't make up for eliminating 100% of the guaranty. See, if we don't reduce cost of season tickets we make MORE money in the travel year.

I'm not arguing that we should do home and homes. Just stop making the false argument that it is about money. It isn't. It has more to do with fans like us wanting 6 home games.

CalBison97
01-26-2013, 06:13 PM
That's true. It still doesn't make up for eliminating 100% of the guaranty. See, if we don't reduce cost of season tickets we make MORE money in the travel year.

I'm not arguing that we should do home and homes. Just stop making the false argument that it is about money. It isn't. It has more to do with fans like us wanting 6 home games.

It has more to do with common sense leaders wanting a 6th home game as opposed to a road game.

BraxtonT
01-26-2013, 06:32 PM
How about a Home and "Home" contract where all games are in the Fargodome? UN_ could rent the dome and be the 'host'. Tailgaters get what they want, six thousand fans don't get shut out, and we still get six 'home' games every year. What could go wrong with that set-up?!

NorthernBison
01-26-2013, 06:38 PM
It has more to do with common sense leaders wanting a 6th home game as opposed to a road game.

Of course. I agree.

It comes at the cost of not playing quality OOC opponents. We're stuck with PVAM, Mississippi Valley State, and all the other "High School" quality teams that will come to Fargo.

Keep in mind that they are all now getting wise to just how much they are able to demand too. Western Carolina stupidly signed a contract to come here for $125,000. Of course, they found a better deal and bought us out. Like I said in the other thread, if I was an AD and got a call from Gene, my minimum price would be $250,000 in a normal year and if he calle me now, I might try extort upwards of $400,000 from him because I know he's getting $150,000 from Western Carolina and I think we paid PVAM something like $250,000 last year.

aces1180
01-26-2013, 07:32 PM
And the thing that is really over the top is that he is not even an alumnus........

Most of their most "passionate" fans did not attend UND.

344Johnson
01-26-2013, 07:45 PM
Most of their most "passionate" fans did not attend UND.

most of their most "passionate" fans couldn't afford passports to get across the border to even visit UND.

reformedUNDfan
01-26-2013, 09:39 PM
most of their most "passionate" fans couldn't afford passports to get across the border to even visit UND.

they do fly Canadian flags everywhere in Grand Forks, including the shed and the nazi-fetishist memorial arena.

Kermit
01-27-2013, 12:55 AM
...but the horrible OOC opponents are a bit of an embarrassment until I remind myself that most other FCS programs duck the quality opponents too...

NDSU has a plan to make the playoffs. If you include playoffs (and you should), NOBODY has played more quality out-of-conference FCS games in the last 3 years than NDSU.

Tatanka
01-27-2013, 12:58 AM
NDSU has a plan to make the playoffs. If you include playoffs (and you should), NOBODY has played more quality out-of-conference FCS games in the last 3 years than NDSU.
True story.

BisonTeacher
01-27-2013, 12:59 AM

A scientific analysis of this plan shows it seems to be working.

NorthernBison
01-27-2013, 01:14 AM

I agree with you. We learned a lot from Montana. I never was critical of their scheduling.

We actually have some decent OOC in the next couple years due to MSU fulfilling their commitment and, surprisingly, a home and home with Montana. Right?

It will be important to inflict some losses on top BSC teams in the future as the chirping about playoff selection and seeding will get intense.

southcliffbison
01-27-2013, 01:25 AM
I agree with you. We learned a lot from Montana. I never was critical of their scheduling.

We actually have some decent OOC in the next couple years due to MSU fulfilling their commitment and, surprisingly, a home and home with Montana. Right?

It will be important to inflict some losses on top BSC teams in the future as the chirping about playoff selection and seeding will get intense.

With the expanded playoffs next year (24 teams up from 20), any team with a pulse should get in............. maybe even the who. By pulse, I mean teams with a 7-5 , maybe even 6-5, will make it depending on their conference affiliation.

td577
01-27-2013, 04:40 AM
I don't really care who the opponent is as long as there is a sixth home game. So looking at the schedules throughout the country, there are only a handful of possibilities and whond happens to be one of them. Considering geographical location and the fact they are actually from a semi-real conference makes whond one of the better choices.

perthbison
01-27-2013, 04:23 PM
I don't really care who the opponent is as long as there is a sixth home game. So looking at the schedules throughout the country, there are only a handful of possibilities and whond happens to be one of them. Considering geographical location and the fact they are actually from a semi-real conference makes whond one of the better choices.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkHowever, when u factor in forum communications, they're no longer an attractive choice.

KilldeerBison
01-27-2013, 06:49 PM

My example was about the teammakers 50/50, I believe that these funds can be used for funding FB scholarships. For teammakers, missing a home game opportunity is missing upwards of $15,000 (about a scholarship?). At least somewhat, about money. I only threw out the example of the 50/50 fundraiser, I am sure there are many more homegame examples of "moneymakers" that benefit teamakers, athletic program, dome, NDSU, Fargo community, ect (these are all connected).

NorthernBison
01-27-2013, 07:18 PM
My example was about the teammakers 50/50, I believe that these funds can be used for funding FB scholarships. For teammakers, missing a home game opportunity is missing upwards of $15,000 (about a scholarship?). At least somewhat, about money. I only threw out the example of the 50/50 fundraiser, I am sure there are many more homegame examples of "moneymakers" that benefit teamakers, athletic program, dome, NDSU, Fargo community, ect (these are all connected).

I'm not saying you are wrong but they don't add up to the $250,000 that we fork out for late scheduled dogs.

The dynamic has changed. We no longer sell tickets on a per game basis. A season ticket will cost the same and the Teammaker donation will be unchanged whether there are 5 or 6 games. Anybody who doesn't renew will have their seats go to somebody else and they won't get them back.

I am a supporter of having six home games. I'm interested to see how this all shakes out. The changes that are happening are not totally friendly to NDSU when it comes to scheduling. Montana was forced to schedule a poor D2 to get their sixth home game and they have a significant money advantage over us with about 25% more seating.

BisonNation11
01-27-2013, 07:34 PM
I'm not saying you are wrong but they don't add up to the $250,000 that we fork out for late scheduled dogs.

The dynamic has changed. We no longer sell tickets on a per game basis. A season ticket will cost the same and the Teammaker donation will be unchanged whether there are 5 or 6 games. Anybody who doesn't renew will have their seats go to somebody else and they won't get them back.

I am a supporter of having six home games. I'm interested to see how this all shakes out. The changes that are happening are not totally friendly to NDSU when it comes to scheduling. Montana was forced to schedule a poor D2 to get their sixth home game and they have a significant money advantage over us with about 25% more seating.

I would assume home playoff games provide some money. I would assume merchandise sales provide some money. I would assume some people that do donate to Team Makers have made larger contributions in last few years to get their named moved up the list so they can get their hands on tickets for certain events. NDSU makes plenty of money and this is what it costs to be successful. Pay whatever, I don't care. I want a sixth home game.

NorthernBison
01-27-2013, 08:33 PM
I would assume home playoff games provide some money. I would assume merchandise sales provide some money. I would assume some people that do donate to Team Makers have made larger contributions in last few years to get their named moved up the list so they can get their hands on tickets for certain events. NDSU makes plenty of money and this is what it costs to be successful. Pay whatever, I don't care. I want a sixth home game.

I don't disagree except for the plenty of money part. The newly renovated SHAC..... Oh wait. Never mind.

BisonNation11
01-27-2013, 08:44 PM
I don't disagree except for the plenty of money part. The newly renovated SHAC..... Oh wait. Never mind.

Well considering we're in the football thread and we are discussing the future scheduling of games with respect to money... The football program is doing fine money wise.

NorthernBison
01-27-2013, 09:04 PM
Well considering we're in the football thread and we are discussing the future scheduling of games with respect to money... The football program is doing fine money wise.

Teammakers isn't only for football. You brought them into it not me

BisonNation11
01-27-2013, 10:36 PM
Teammakers isn't only for football. You brought them into it not me

Yes, you're right. I forgot we are five years old and have to be petty. I have no statistics to back it up, but I'm betting money from football TM brings in 10x the money that basketball TM does if you were to break it down. Once again, the football program is doing fine money wise.

56BISON73
01-27-2013, 10:50 PM
Yes, you're right. I forgot we are five years old and have to be petty. I have no statistics to back it up, but I'm betting money from football TM brings in 10x the money that basketball TM does if you were to break it down. Once again, the football program is doing fine money wise.

TM is TM there is no separation. TM raises money for scholarships. TM money is not intermingled with athletic dept money that I know of. am I missing something or does this change the premise?

BisonNation11
01-27-2013, 10:55 PM
TM is TM there is no separation. TM raises money for scholarships. TM money is not intermingled with athletic dept money that I know of. am I missing something or does this change the premise?

I know there's no separation in monies for TM. I do have a question for you though. Do you know if TM didn't supply the money for scholarships, would they have to be paid out of the athletic dept money?

My whole point with this now pointless conversation is that football provides a major chunk of money for NDSU athletics, if you were to separate it out compared to other sports. I was just trying to keep the thread somewhat on the discussion of football considering the forum we are in. How dare I, I know...

56BISON73
01-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I know there's no separation in monies for TM. I do have a question for you though. Do you know if TM didn't supply the money for scholarships, would they have to be paid out of the athletic dept money?

My whole point with this now pointless conversation is that football provides a major chunk of money for NDSU athletics, if you were to separate it out compared to other sports. I was just trying to keep the thread somewhat on the discussion of football considering the forum we are in. How dare I, I know...

To make any determination of what you are looking for you would need to know how the athletic dept budget is broken down and revenues current and future projections.

We now return to our previous program-----------

NorthernBison
01-28-2013, 01:08 AM

Hey, you're the clown who said NDSU was rolling in the dough. That's probably why the last $2 Million for the SHAC has been so easy to find. I'm just trying to keep it real. Money is fricken tight throughout the University.

Yes, you're right about what program drives the bus. Like about 95% of the schools in the Country, football is the cash cow.

I already said that I'm very happy with 6 home games. I simply pointed out that the economics of that might change if we keep getting put in situations where we are one of the last programs to fill our schedule and the few programs left with open dates keep extorting huge guaranty's to come to Fargo. You don't even need a calculator to figure it out.

If it comes to that, the CHEAPEST home and home contract will be the one that involves the lowest travel cost. You figure out what that means.

adsfwerwfsfdsd
01-28-2013, 02:54 AM
For me to go see this game, UND would have to buy my tickets!

westnodak93bison
01-28-2013, 02:58 AM
I would be a no show and would not let anyone use my tickets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

stevdock
01-28-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm assuming the above two comments are if UND gets put on the schedule?? Really?? No offense but in my opinion that is just pathetic.

heckler
01-28-2013, 03:46 AM
I would be a no show and would not let anyone use my tickets.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Might as well sell the ticket and pay for the whole season ;)

GOBISON123
01-28-2013, 07:21 AM
BISON have nothing to prove when the play againt UND

However UND will play with vengence and more than winning their main goal will be to hurt NDSU players.

So bottomline is....avoid UND and avoid injury to our players.

344Johnson
01-28-2013, 11:29 AM
BISON have nothing to prove when the play againt UND

However UND will play with vengence and more than winning their main goal will be to hurt NDSU players.

So bottomline is....avoid UND and avoid injury to our players.

I don't think UND's players would have any intent to harm our players. Would they be a little extra fired up? Oh hell yes. I'm sure our guys would be too. Anytime you get the chance to lay it to a local team, I imagine you'd enjoy putting a beatdown on.

I wouldn't mind if a 7-4 type UND made the playoffs this upcoming year. They can't run the ball nor stop the run. The game would be entertaining as hell.....barring a miracle on ice type performance.

BisonTeacher
01-28-2013, 12:03 PM
I don't think UND's players would have any intent to harm our players. Would they be a little extra fired up? Oh hell yes. I'm sure our guys would be too. Anytime you get the chance to lay it to a local team, I imagine you'd enjoy putting a beatdown on.

I wouldn't mind if a 7-4 type UND made the playoffs this upcoming year. They can't run the ball nor stop the run. The game would be entertaining as hell.....barring a miracle on ice type performance.

I don't think either side would be any more fired up than normal. The rivalry is dead you know.

NDSU1980
01-28-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm assuming the above two comments are if UND gets put on the schedule?? Really?? No offense but in my opinion that is just pathetic.Add me to the list that wouldn't waste the time to see us play und. If we're that desperate for a game, than I guess the Bison program has really slipped from what I knew.

td577
01-29-2013, 12:36 AM
I am not sure why whond is being treated any different than any other fcs program out there. If gt and cb want a sixth home game them you have to consider every team with similar weekends open. Whond just happens to be one of them.

Yes, they are not in the same league but then neither is 90+% of the fcs right now.

NDSU1980
01-29-2013, 12:45 AM
I am not sure why whond is being treated any different than any other fcs program out there. If gt and cb want a sixth home game them you have to consider every team with similar weekends open. Whond just happens to be one of them.

Yes, they are not in the same league but then neither is 90+% of the fcs right now.

Has nothing to do with open dates or being in the same league. Has everything to do with RT going out of his way to screw us. Some of us have long memories and payback is a bitch.

HailHerd
01-29-2013, 12:47 AM
How would we be doing them any favors by kicking their ass by 50+?

SamsRams
02-19-2013, 11:16 AM
I can believe Dom hasnt found this wormhole yet.

USD has two bye weeks in a row with 9-14/21. Move USD game to 9-14 schedule UN_ 11-23.

In all honesty there are 12-15 teams with 11-23 open and 9 are in the Patriot league. Easy wins even if you gotta do a home and home

http://bisonation.info/scheduling-home-and-home-contracts/

loudsilverado
02-19-2013, 01:12 PM

USD has two bye weeks in a row with 9-14/21. Move USD game to 9-14 schedule UN_ 11-23.

In all honesty there are 12-15 teams with 11-23 open and 9 are in the Patriot league. Easy wins even if you gotta do a home and home

I can't believe you mentioned UND on LakesHuman's website, surprised he didn't go ballistic and send you death threats yet.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I can't believe you mentioned UND on LakesHuman's website, surprised he didn't go ballistic and send you death threats yet.

This site is not registered to him...His site is .com, not .info.

NDSU1980
02-19-2013, 01:24 PM

http://bisonation.info/scheduling-home-and-home-contracts/You are forgetting two things. One, they said they would never play us again, and two, they are Big Sky now, so they'd chicken out anyway, even if they did sign a contract. There are better teams out there. Why beg those asshats for a game. Geez, show a little respect for our team.

Bison 4 Life
02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
This site is not registered to him...His site is .com, not .info.

pull them up side by side. It's pretty amusing to see the difference in quality.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 01:28 PM
You are forgetting two things. One, they said they would never play us again, and two, they are Big Sky now, so they'd chicken out anyway, even if they did sign a contract. There are better teams out there. Why beg those asshats for a game. Geez, show a little respect for our team.

They also don't want 12 games...

Hambone
02-19-2013, 01:40 PM

I've heard from a reliable source that this is already being discussed and closer than most think to actually happening...... :hide:

Naw, just f'in with you. :duel:

Gully
02-19-2013, 01:59 PM
Well played Hambone.

I've been consistently against resuming this game, but...................my logic was always that it didn't help us because we are already selling out and didn't want to give up a home game. However, if we can no longer fill our schedule with 6 home games the equation changes. Or if they want to be one of our guarantee games each year. In either of those cases, the game makes sense. I'm assuming they wouldn't want the second option but maybe a home and home is in the cards IF we cannot schedule a full 6 home games every year.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
02-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Very glad they are going to resume this "rivalry". Im excited for the game if they make it happen!

aces1180
02-19-2013, 02:03 PM
Well played Hambone.

I've been consistently against resuming this game, but...................my logic was always that it didn't help us because we are already selling out and didn't want to give up a home game. However, if we can no longer fill our schedule with 6 home games the equation changes. Or if they want to be one of our guarantee games each year. In either of those cases, the game makes sense. I'm assuming they wouldn't want the second option but maybe a home and home is in the cards IF we cannot schedule a full 6 home games every year.

They won't agree to a guarantee game and we won't agree to a home-home...That's the way it is. GT will fill our schedule and everything will work out for the best...He has yet to let us down.

NDSU1980
02-19-2013, 02:10 PM
They won't agree to a guarantee game and we won't agree to a home-home...That's the way it is. GT will fill our schedule and everything will work out for the best...He has yet to let us down.un_ only schedules when it's way to their advantage and nothing else. Anyone else who's excited about scheduling them obviously has no idea about history and how low they will sink when it comes to ethics. There are better teams out there.

Hambone
02-19-2013, 02:14 PM
un_ only schedules when it's way to their advantage and nothing else. Anyone else who's excited about scheduling them obviously has no idea about history and how low they will sink when it comes to ethics. There are better teams out there.

Umm, don't most teams schedule to their advantage? Whether it's making money or getting a home game or whatnot? I've heard multiple times how GT does what's best for NDSU, not anyone else. Isn't that the same as scheduling to their advantage?

NDSU '96
02-19-2013, 02:15 PM
un_ only schedules when it's way to their advantage and nothing else. Anyone else who's excited about scheduling them obviously has no idea about history and how low they will sink when it comes to ethics. There are better teams out there.Hasn't this "ethics" ship already sailed since Gene already schedules them? Seems like if that really was Gene's concern he wouldn't schedule them on the hardcourt, or the diamond, or the VB court...

aces1180
02-19-2013, 02:17 PM
Hasn't this "ethics" ship already sailed since Gene already schedules them? Seems like if that really was Gene's concern he wouldn't schedule them on the hardcourt, or the diamond, or the VB court...

Gene doesn't do those schedules...The coaches take care of their own sports. I agree, that ethics really doesn't have anything to do with it.

80ALUM
02-19-2013, 02:18 PM

Would Bohl want to give up the Nov. open date? This open date has worked well in the past for players to rest/recover before play-offs.

aces1180
02-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Would Bohl want to give up the Nov. open date? This open date has worked well in the past for players to rest/recover before play-offs.

I hope not...

EndZoneQB
02-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Very glad they are going to resume this "rivalry". Im excited for the game if they make it happen!

What? Did you even read the posts in here or...?

NorthernBison
02-19-2013, 02:48 PM

He might give up that date for a cupcake to get to 11 games.

NDSU '96
02-19-2013, 03:19 PM
With the "defense" they play in that conference, any bsc would be welcomed.

dragonsfan
02-19-2013, 03:39 PM
what a stupid idea, I argue that ndsu succeeded once they left those guys in the dust

tony
02-19-2013, 05:05 PM
what a stupid idea, I argue that ndsu succeeded once they left those guys in the dust

It's getting harder and harder to not recognize that you aren't lakes. Your sauce is weak.

NDSU1980
02-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Umm, don't most teams schedule to their advantage? Whether it's making money or getting a home game or whatnot? I've heard multiple times how GT does what's best for NDSU, not anyone else. Isn't that the same as scheduling to their advantage?Yea, and RT sticking it to Gene in 2003 sure helped you out in the long run.

Usually scheduling is done to the mutual advantage of both sides. That's something gFU would never understand.

NDSU '96
02-19-2013, 07:27 PM
Yea, and RT sticking it to Gene in 2003 sure helped you out in the long run.

Usually scheduling is done to the mutual advantage of both sides. That's something gFU would never understand.Blasphemy! RT was a freaking visionary! He knew the NCC would move on without the xDSUs to be bigger and better than ever!

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
02-20-2013, 01:34 PM
What? Did you even read the posts in here or...?
I saw in an earlier post that they were talking about making the date on this. May have read wrong though?

tony
02-20-2013, 01:45 PM
I saw in an earlier post that they were talking about making the date on this. May have read wrong though?

You read correctly but incompletely. Hambone, one of our UND friends, was having some fun with us. The end of his post was:

Naw, just f'in with you. http://www.bisonville.com/forum/images/smilies/Duel.gif

CalBison97
02-20-2013, 01:53 PM
You read correctly but incompletely. Hambone, one of our UND friends, was having some fun with us. The end of his post was:

Oh that Hambone, quite the character...must run in the family! :biggrin: