PDA

View Full Version : Anybody remember this?

tony
01-17-2013, 04:07 PM
Earlier this year, I saw something that showed how many weeks various MVFC have held the #1 poll ranking.

If I remember correctly, Southern Illinois had more weeks at #1 than NDSU. However, this was pretty early in the season and I'm wondering if NDSU has passed them.

I'm also curious how they treated Youngstown because they've undoubtedly spent more time at #1 than any other program currently in the MVFC - except they were champions before joining the MVFC. Personally, I'd count their pre-MVFC rankings.

Professor Chaos
01-17-2013, 04:19 PM
Earlier this year, I saw something that showed how many weeks various MVFC have held the #1 poll ranking.

If I remember correctly, Southern Illinois had more weeks at #1 than NDSU. However, this was pretty early in the season and I'm wondering if NDSU has passed them.

I'm also curious how they treated Youngstown because they've undoubtedly spent more time at #1 than any other program currently in the MVFC - except they were champions before joining the MVFC. Personally, I'd count their pre-MVFC rankings.
As of the October 29th poll this year the Bison were at 12 weeks and SIU was the league leader at 16: http://valley-football.org/news/default-print/2012-13/6222/four-league-teams-ranked-bison-back-at-no-1/

There should've been 4 more weeks of polls coming out after that (only counting the final poll as 1 week) so I would guess NDSU and SIU are now tied at 16.

TAILG8R
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM

I think if the question was which teams that are currently in the MVFC have had the most weeks at #1 then you count Youngstown's past #1 rankings. If the question is presented as what MVFC teams have had the most weeks at #1 than I wouldn't. I would take the second version to mean teams ranked #1 while they were in the MVFC.