PDA

View Full Version : Gus Bradley!!! Jacksonville!!

Pages : [1] 2

Former Hitman
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
I am now a Jacksonville Fan!!
Congratulations to my Old Defensive Coordinator!!!

NorthernBison
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
Congrats to Gus.

Hammerhead
01-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Good for him. Is he the third Bison to hold any kind of coaching job in the NFL other than Ron Erhardt and Bob Babich?

aces1180
01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Good for him. Is he the third Bison to hold any kind of coaching job in the NFL other than Ron Erhardt and Bob Babich?

Todd Wash is also on the Seattle staff.

WYOBISONMAN
01-17-2013, 12:44 PM
All the best to Gus!

Rock
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
Gus and Matt Veldman- Let's Go Jags!

RedRiver
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
Are you kidding me, there have been numerous over the years. Lately has been names like Perles, Cox, Wash.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2013, 01:10 PM
This is one of the teams that is rumored to be moving to Los Angeles. Maybe Gus can get things turned around there so that the fans come back. It's a real mess in Jacksonville. He might have gotten the best job. Nowhere to go but up.

Congrats and best of luck Gus.

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2013, 01:51 PM
Despite other former NDSU coaches coaching in the NFL, I don't think any has hit the top job......to think that he was a finalist with Bohl. Can't help but wonder if that decision worked out great for both parties.

IBleedYellow
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
Thank God he didn't take or get the Philadelphia job,those fans totally don't deserve Gus!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

td577
01-17-2013, 02:23 PM
Young team, some talent on the roster, and no where to go but up. I think this is going to be a good matchup. So a MSUM guy at Chicago and a NDSU guy at Jax. Good week for area personalities.

matt
01-17-2013, 02:34 PM
Despite other former NDSU coaches coaching in the NFL, I don't think any has hit the top job......to think that he was a finalist with Bohl. Can't help but wonder if that decision worked out great for both parties.

Ron Erhardt was head coach of the Patriots from 79-81.

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
Ron Erhardt was head coach of the Patriots from 79-81.

did not realize that.....appreciate it.

BisonBabe
01-17-2013, 02:51 PM
Have always been a Jacksonville fan now I have even more reason to be.

NDSU92
01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
http://jacksonville.com/opinion/poll/will-gus-bradley-be-able-turn-jaguars-around

http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/400617/gene-frenette/2013-01-17/gene-frenette-gus-bradley-surprise-pick-jaguars-0

Nice article in a Jacksonville newspaper and also a poll on whether or not people think he can turn the franchise around.

jaystus
01-17-2013, 03:37 PM
This is one of the teams that is rumored to be moving to Los Angeles. Maybe Gus can get things turned around there so that the fans come back. It's a real mess in Jacksonville. He might have gotten the best job. Nowhere to go but up.

Congrats and best of luck Gus.

We are not going anywhere, and despite the national media we have sold out ever game in the last 3 years. we had one bad year 4 years ago.

anyways he probably did get the best job with a new owner who wants to win, and basically a clean slate to start all from scratch with a new GM. Hopefully it works out, we desperately need a winner down here.

344Johnson
01-17-2013, 03:48 PM
Good luck to Mr. Bradley. I'll make a point to pull for the Jags from now on.

CaBisonFan
01-17-2013, 03:52 PM
We are not going anywhere, and despite the national media we have sold out ever game in the last 3 years. we had one bad year 4 years ago.

anyways he probably did get the best job with a new owner who wants to win, and basically a clean slate to start all from scratch with a new GM. Hopefully it works out, we desperately need a winner down here.

Just to be clear...I don't want the Jaguars to move to LA or Southern California. I'd prefer that they start a new team.

Best of luck to Coach Bradley and the Jaguars.

natstar1
01-17-2013, 03:53 PM
when and what did Bradley coach at NDSU?

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2013, 03:56 PM

He was a player in the 80's. Safety and punter if I remember correctly. CAS correct me if wrong. (good friend of CAS) He was D coordinator under Bohl before he left. Bohl cried when he announced his departure.

TAILG8R
01-17-2013, 03:57 PM

From wikipedia - my favorite source ;)
Bradly joined the North Dakota State Bison as a graduate assistant coach in 1990 and was there until 1991. He was the defensive coordinator/linebackers coach Fort Lewis College from 1992 to 1995 and spent four months as the teams head coach from December 1995-March 1996. From 1996 to 2005 Bradley returned to North Dakota State and coached in many positions including defensive coordinator, linebackers coach, and assistant head coach. Under Bradley’s guidance, North Dakota State’s defense led the Great West Football Conference in scoring defense (13.7 ppg), pass defense (150.3 ypg), total defense (272.4 ypg) and turnover margin (+1.00) in 2005.

Fast50Dad
01-17-2013, 04:03 PM
From AP posted on Go Bison:

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Jacksonville Jaguars hired Seattle defensive coordinator Gus Bradley as head coach Thursday, the latest move in the team's rebuilding project.

He joins general manager David Caldwell, who led the coaching search after being hired last week.

Bradley spent 10 seasons as an assistant coach at his alma mater, North Dakota State (1996-2005), including six as the assistant head coach (2000-05). He also served as defensive coordinator for the Bison from 1997-2002, and again in 2005.

Bradley was a free safety and punter for the Bison from 1984-88 and a valuable member of the 1988 NCAA Division II National Championship team.

clicky the linky for more e-inky (http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206002061)

tony
01-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Congratulations to Gus!

Nice to see the 14th best punter in NDSU history get a day job!

DORMIE
01-17-2013, 04:27 PM
Former Bison linebacker, Jerry Rosberg, is the special teams coach for the Baltimore Ravens.

Montana Bison
01-17-2013, 05:01 PM
Good Luck Gus! I would have turned it down, This franchise is a freaking train wreck. He's going to have to have a miracle and alot of help to make this franchise successful.

DomeFieldAdvantage
01-17-2013, 05:08 PM
My 1st ever post on "BISONVILLE"--congrats to coach Bradley---great person, hope he can turn the Jags around in a hurry. Now, after 44 years of being a Viking fan is it OK to change allegiance to a different team (Jaguars). This is the perfect time----go GUS & go Jaguars!!!!!!

Kujava23
01-17-2013, 05:10 PM
Congratulations Gus! Making BISON NATION PROUD!!! Now make sure you get Matt Veldman on the field next year---he's doing the rehab work and will make plays next year!!

BisonTeacher
01-17-2013, 05:21 PM
I know its a passing league...but the rumors are out there. If Jacksonville eventually does get Tebow...will they become and option team?

TAILG8R
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
I know its a passing league...but the rumors are out there. If Jacksonville eventually does get Tebow...will they become and option team?

I've read multiple stories stating that Jacksonville does not want

“I can’t imagine a scenario where he’d[Tebow] be a Jacksonville Jaguar,” - Jacksonville Jaguars G.M. Dave Caldwell

EndZoneQB
01-17-2013, 05:32 PM

“I can’t imagine a scenario where he’d[Tebow] be a Jacksonville Jaguar,” - Jacksonville Jaguars G.M. Dave Caldwell

Yeah, this has been out there for quite awhile. It was the first thing he said during his first press conference.

BisonTeacher
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM

I dont think it would be a smart move either. But if they have to deny them...the rumors are obviously out there.

TAILG8R
01-17-2013, 05:44 PM
I dont think it would be a smart move either. But if they have to deny them...the rumors are obviously out there.

I think it comes from the owner publicly stating he wanted Tebow. I think he was just saying that when he first bought the team to get the fans excited about having him as an owner. If he really wanted Tebow so bad why would he hire a GM that is not hiding the fact that eh doesnt want Tebow on his team? Personally I think the Tebow to Jacksonville rumors will die off over the next month or so.

BisonTeacher
01-17-2013, 05:57 PM
I think it comes from the owner publicly stating he wanted Tebow. I think he was just saying that when he first bought the team to get the fans excited about having him as an owner. If he really wanted Tebow so bad why would he hire a GM that is not hiding the fact that eh doesnt want Tebow on his team? Personally I think the Tebow to Jacksonville rumors will die off over the next month or so.

Because he's crazy like a fox...trying to get the price low?

Just kidding. Im guessing your take is pretty spot on.

CAS4127
01-17-2013, 05:58 PM

Let's hope so for Gus' sake. The last thing he needs as the new HC is the media shatstorm that follows touchdoen Jesus Tebow. I've had enough of him to fill a lifetime, myself.

BisonTeacher
01-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Let's hope so for Gus' sake. The last thing he needs as the new HC is the media shatstorm that follows touchdoen Jesus Tebow. I've had enough of him to fill a lifetime, myself.

Thats what I was thinking. Lets hope he can build a decent team and not have to deal with that crapshow.

BisonNation11
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
Thats what I was thinking. Lets hope he can build a decent team and not have to deal with that crapshow.

I'm hoping he builds the Jags based on defense. The Ravens are proving you can start there and move upward. Same thing with the 49ers. Get a defense that can get you the ball back a couple extra times a game, and that will give your mediocre offense a couple extra chances to win games.

BisonTeacher
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
I'm hoping he builds the Jags based on defense. The Ravens are proving you can start there and move upward. Same thing with the 49ers. Get a defense that can get you the ball back a couple extra times a game, and that will give your mediocre offense a couple extra chances to win games.

I would say the ravens have been doing that for a long time as a matter of fact they may be the prototype for it...but I agree with you.

NDSU92
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Has anyone heard if there has been/will be a press conference from Jacksonville?

Fast50Dad
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
Izzo tweeted this:

@DomIzzoWDAY: Jaguars announce that Gus Bradley introductory news conference will be held tomorrow morning at 10 am Central

THEsocalledfan
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Izzo tweeted this:

@DomIzzoWDAY: Jaguars announce that Gus Bradley introductory news conference will be held tomorrow morning at 10 am Central

Odds on certain comments being made by Coach Bradley during the press conference:

A reference of appreciation in some form or another to his time at NDSU: Even money
A reference of thanks to a specific coach from NDSU who had a big influence on him: 2:1
A reference to CAS for his excellent sense of style and how this influenced him to dress better: 10:1
A reference of thanks to bisonville as he learned how to be a better coach by reading this site: 200:1

BismarckBisonFan
01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Congrats to Gus!!!!!

GRAFTONBISON
01-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Odds on certain comments being made by Coach Bradley during the press conference:

A reference of appreciation in some form or another to his time at NDSU: Even money
A reference of thanks to a specific coach from NDSU who had a big influence on him: 2:1
A reference to CAS for his excellent sense of style and how this influenced him to dress better: 10:1
A reference of thanks to bisonville as he learned how to be a better coach by reading this site: 200:1

A reference to Izzy, asking where the best strip clubs in Jacksonville are located: ??????:1

jaystus
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
Even the Jaguars beat writer is from Fargo.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran

Swaghook
01-17-2013, 10:54 PM
Having been a Jags fan since they came into the league I'm excited to have a former Bison coach at the helm. It might take a couple years to get the team turned but he will.

bisondad
01-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Congrats Casey!!!

NDSU92
01-18-2013, 03:00 PM
Gus Bradley live press conference....

http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Trim
01-18-2013, 03:16 PM
Even the Jaguars beat writer is from Fargo.

https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran

Actually, he grew up on Pheasant Run in West Fargo, right by the old 7-11 (Sonic to some of you). :)

I graduated with Ryan. He used to be at the Washington Post as Redskins beat writer until they cut the sports section. It was pretty obvious reading his articles in the WFHS student paper that he would be going places some day.

jaystus
01-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Gus has me ready to run through a wall.

NDSU92
01-18-2013, 03:22 PM
Gus has me ready to run through a wall.

Very good press conference...actually has me excited to start rootin for the Jags

Tatanka
01-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Actually, he grew up on Pheasant Run in West Fargo, right by the old 7-11 (Sonic to some of you). :)

I graduated with Ryan. He used to be at the Washington Post as Redskins beat writer until they cut the sports section. It was pretty obvious reading his articles in the WFHS student paper that he would be going places some day.Whoa there. That's not where the Sonic is and you know it.

imabison
01-18-2013, 07:29 PM
Gus Bradley live press conference....

http://www.jaguars.com/live/

Hows that song go??

Get on the GUS BUS, Get ready for some Whoop ASS SAM...
:) :)

RedRiver
01-18-2013, 09:21 PM
Chicago blogs reporting that Babich was fired yesterday by the Bears and may be headed to Jacksonville to join Bradley's staff.

bisonhp330
01-18-2013, 09:27 PM
[QUOTE=RedRiver;709032]Chicago blogs reporting that Babich was fired yesterday by the Bears and may be headed to Jacksonville to join Bradley's staff.[/QUOT

I hope that is just a thought you had when you stood up form the toilet and looked down before you flushed.

imabison
01-18-2013, 09:51 PM
Chicago blogs reporting that Babich was fired yesterday by the Bears and may be headed to Jacksonville to join Bradley's staff.

this foolum article says the same thing, along with Todd Wash...http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/386905/
possible not gte.

moundbz
01-19-2013, 02:08 AM
Too bad it's on one of the worst franchises in sports, do people go to there games anymore? Aren't they getting moved? O well guess you gotta start somewhere, Way to go Gus!!

td577
01-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Too bad it's on one of the worst franchises in sports, do people go to there games anymore? Aren't they getting moved? O well guess you gotta start somewhere, Way to go Gus!!

I think it is a great place for him to be. He will get all the credit for success and really no blame if they fail. If the losing continues, it will be seen as an ownership issue. If they start winning, Gus is the man. Win-win for Gus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tatanka
01-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Chicago blogs reporting that Babich was fired yesterday by the Bears and may be headed to Jacksonville to join Bradley's staff.umbelievable. Bisonfan1, do you take full responsibility for the firing?

Swaghook
01-19-2013, 02:14 PM
As long as he can show progress next year he will get another year after that. I really don't want to see Babich in Jacksonville though.

NDSU92
01-19-2013, 02:19 PM

According to ESPN stats they're 20th in the NFL in attendance but they fill it to like 96.8% capacity.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance/_/year/2012

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
As long as he can show progress next year he will get another year after that. I really don't want to see Babich in Jacksonville though.

I must ask Why?. Coach babich was a good coach for the bison. The only issue with babich, he had ego issue that coach Bradley will take care of.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 02:54 PM
In addition, coach Bradley is gr--t, however the only issue with him, he is too loyal to people.

Bisonfan1
01-19-2013, 03:26 PM
umbelievable. Bisonfan1, do you take full responsibility for the firing?

No, he did that on his own. He didnt last long as D coordinator in Chicago and was demoted by his buddy, I think Gus can find a much better hire than Babich for D coordinator out there. Ummbelievable Babich and some of the other's of Smiths hirings was his downfall in my opinion. Wash on staff would be a plus.

Swaghook
01-19-2013, 03:59 PM
I must ask Why?. Coach babich was a good coach for the bison. The only issue with babich, he had ego issue that coach Bradley will take care of.

He may have been a "good" coach but definitely not a great coach. Bradley can do better then Babich.

BisonNation11
01-19-2013, 04:29 PM
He may have been a "good" coach but definitely not a great coach. Bradley can do better then Babich.

Does anybody really think Babich will actually be running the defense? I have a feeling that Babich will be just a puppet on strings.

jaystus
01-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Me too, I even moved down here last year after college so I could be a jags season ticket holder.

Having been a Jags fan since they came into the league I'm excited to have a former Bison coach at the helm. It might take a couple years to get the team turned but he will.

BisonCountry
01-19-2013, 05:47 PM
"@ryanohalloran: #Jaguars agree to terms with Bears LB coach Bob Babich to be defensive coordinator."

Link to Story (http://jacksonville.com/opinion/blog/544821/ryan-ohalloran/2013-01-19/bob-babich-will-run-jaguars-defense)

TransAmBison
01-19-2013, 06:12 PM
I must ask Why?. Coach babich was a good coach for the bison. The only issue with babich, he had ego issue that coach Bradley will take care of.He was decent with defense, but had no clue on offense. You might be the first person I've ever heard call him a good coach.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120330232328/vampirediaries/images/thumb/0/0d/Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png/1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

Bison bison
01-19-2013, 07:09 PM
The Pyramid has no been completely inverted!

Joe Chapman to Coach Jacksonville Offensive Line!?!?! http://jacksonville.com/tu-online/stories/122797/a2dancec.html

sambini
01-19-2013, 08:04 PM
Good luck Gus.. And former Bison linebacker from the mid 70s Jerry Rosberg is the special teams coach for Baltimore.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 08:12 PM
He was decent with defense, but had no clue on offense. You might be the first person I've ever heard call him a good coach.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120330232328/vampirediaries/images/thumb/0/0d/Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png/1090px-Misc-true-story-realistic-l.png

I speak as a player, as a fan, like yourself it's different

Bison bison
01-19-2013, 08:18 PM
You saying TAB ain't a player?

Kid's got mad skills.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 08:23 PM
Is it Atari

DIBISON
01-19-2013, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE=RedRiver;709032]Chicago blogs reporting that Babich was fired yesterday by the Bears and may be headed to Jacksonville to join Bradley's staff.[/QUOT

I hope that is just a thought you had when you stood up form the toilet and looked down before you flushed.

I guess the blogs were right, Babich is the new defensive coordinator at Jacksonville.

TransAmBison
01-19-2013, 08:56 PM
I speak as a player, as a fan, like yourself it's differentYeah...that's why I think I'm more objective. Babich was a dark time in the history of the Bison.

Bisonfan1
01-19-2013, 09:00 PM
[QUOTE=bisonhp330;709036]

I guess the blogs were right, Babich is the new defensive coordinator at Jacksonville.

Tatanka takes full responsibility for Babich going to the Jags. Ummbeeeelivable ! And BTW, new marketing plan forthcoming down there, SCREAM YELLOW.

EndZoneQB
01-19-2013, 09:41 PM
Does anybody really think Babich will actually be running the defense? I have a feeling that Babich will be just a puppet on strings.

Just like it was in Chicago. Babich got one year to call the defense, then got the playcalling taken away. Then, he got demoted to LB coach. By one of his good friends.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Yeah...that's why I think I'm more objective. Babich was a dark time in the history of the Bison.

Sure, I'm not going to look back on records but 1999 we went 9-2 and 2000 went to semi finals with 3rd string qb. Dark time? Fan is short for fanatic.

Gully
01-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Sure, I'm not going to look back on records but 1999 we went 9-2 and 2000 went to semi finals with 3rd string qb. Dark time? Fan is short for fanatic.

The 3rd string QB didn't win any games (other than maybe running out the clock at UNO). How did the next year or two go? I seem to remember a 3-8 type of record with multiple, "ummbelievable, we're just not a very good football team right now" quotes from Bob B. He also took, "full responsibility" for it many times. LOL.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 10:43 PM
The 3rd string QB didn't win any games (other than maybe running out the clock at UNO). How did the next year or two go? I seem to remember a 3-8 type of record with multiple, "ummbelievable, we're just not a very good football team right now" quotes from Bob B. He also took, "full responsibility" for it many times. LOL.

Snap shot of seasons, we can bash, Hagar, also for going 4-6, how about bohl having a losing record!

EndZoneQB
01-19-2013, 10:46 PM

We also had the best RB(talent-wise) in the history of NDSU...and another RB that was #2 in rushing that year in the NCC. Underachieved.

Former Hitman
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
We also had the best RB(talent-wise) in the history of NDSU...and another RB that was #2 in rushing that year in the NCC. Underachieved.

No we didn't, best fb was Reggie, hands down. Please don't judge for talent, Lamar was part of a system

A1pigskin
01-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Cool Beans!

TransAmBison
01-20-2013, 12:20 AM
Snap shot of seasons, we can bash, Hagar, also for going 4-6, how about bohl having a losing record!What year did Hager go 4-6?

Pards Rule
01-20-2013, 01:54 AM

Agreed my friend! If Chip Kelly didnt circle back, the Eagles were ready to hire him. Would have been cool to watch an Eagles game at the Linc with some Eagles and NDSU green combo!

AjaxTheMighty
01-20-2013, 02:27 AM
No we didn't, best fb was Reggie, hands down. Please don't judge for talent, Lamar was part of a system

Being part of a system doesn't make a RB great. Lamar Gordon holds records here and played 6 or 7 years in the pros. 'A system' doesn't do that alone. I disagree with you in short.

mgbison
01-20-2013, 09:32 AM
Interesting hires for coordinators for Bradley. Babich calling the defense kinda concerns me.

If anyone wants to have an interesting conversation sometime, talk to players that played under Babich and Bohl and get their opinion of the two coaches. Lets hope Babich has changed a lot since the early 2000's.

WYOBISONMAN
01-20-2013, 11:59 AM
I think Babich will be a disaster.......hopefully Bob Entzion doesn't get hired in the front office now...... ;)

Seriously.....I am sure Bradley knows what he is doing much better than a few of us hacks on Bisonville.......but.....the Babich hire was pretty interesting.

BisonNeil
01-20-2013, 02:22 PM
I think Babich will be a disaster.......hopefully Bob Entzion doesn't get hired in the front office now...... ;)

Seriously.....I am sure Bradley knows what he is doing much better than a few of us hacks on Bisonville.......but.....the Babich hire was pretty interesting.

Agreed.

I also think the hiring of Jedd Fisch (sp?) as OC is also interesting. He was an absolute disaster as an OC for the Gophers under Brewster. Of course, everything was a disaster under Brewster.

Hammerhead
01-20-2013, 04:51 PM
Coaches do learn things with experience. Bill Belichick had a losing record with the Browns on his first head coaching stint and he's been successful with the Patriots.

IzzyFlexion
01-20-2013, 05:14 PM
Coaches do learn things with experience. Bill Belichick had a losing record with the Browns on his first head coaching stint and he's been successful with the Patriots.

Yeah. Once he figured out how to steal trnsmissions from the other teams signal calling, his success rate went up.*
*somebody had to say it.

EndZoneQB
01-20-2013, 05:24 PM

It's also amazing what having a QB like Tom Brady does for your legacy....just ask Tony Dungy.

NorthernBison
01-20-2013, 05:32 PM
It's also amazing what having a QB like Tom Brady does for your legacy....just ask Tony Dungy.

Yeah. Every coach should be salivating over those 6th round draft picks. That's the ticket to immortality.

EndZoneQB
01-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Yeah. Every coach should be salivating over those 6th round draft picks. That's the ticket to immortality.

You missed my point entirely. I know you were trying to be a smart ass, however, the kid is a star. One of the best to ever play the game, he's going to make a coach look really good more times than not...don't over think this...

NorthernBison
01-20-2013, 08:12 PM
You missed my point entirely. I know you were trying to be a smart ass, however, the kid is a star. One of the best to ever play the game, he's going to make a coach look really good more times than not...don't over think this...

You are right. I was being a smart ass.

Remember 2008? Matt Cassell was 11-4 as the starter after Brady got hurt in game 1. He never started a game in college. He has done NOTHING since.

Do you think Belichick and the Patriot system had something to do with it?

Hmmm. Chicken or egg?

westnodak93bison
01-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Yeah. Once he figured out how to steal trnsmissions from the other teams signal calling, his success rate went up.*
*somebody had to say it.

Why is it ok to steal signs in baseball but not football?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNation11
01-20-2013, 10:27 PM
Why is it ok to steal signs in baseball but not football?

I think he's referring to the illegal practice recordings that "fell into his lap".

westnodak93bison
01-20-2013, 10:34 PM
I think he's referring to the illegal practice recordings that "fell into his lap".

Oh yeah. Forgot about that technicality.

jeffs
01-21-2013, 12:44 AM
I'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who thinks hiring Babich as D-coordinator is a bad idea.

BisonTeacher
01-21-2013, 12:53 AM

So your saying norv turner could do well in cle as a coordinator? Purple

NDSU '96
01-21-2013, 01:04 PM
I'm gonna give Gus the benefit of the doubt-that he knows Babich better than the rest of us and isn't eager to act contrary to his, or his team's interest, in his first head job.

Former Hitman
01-22-2013, 12:11 PM
A very good interesting article for Gus...

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2013/1/19/3893482/gus-bradley-the-new-jaguars-head-coach-i-knew-him-when

Please see #10 comment below,
Skyberg, Ahneman… those names bring back memories. Sean Fredricks was a monster.

NDSU '96
01-23-2013, 01:10 PM
Interviews with the Gus & Babich at the senior bowl. Good stuff about Gus from Monte Kiffin too.

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Inside-the-Jaguars-Senior-Bowl-Tuesday/02c54e06-65f5-431a-bb14-6a73546e567c

BadlandsBison
01-23-2013, 02:47 PM
I wish Monte would've went to Jacksonville

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

MontBison
01-23-2013, 06:45 PM
Gus on NFL network. Said, "I never really set any goals at NorthDakota State other than to be the best I could be." He's on the NFL network doing an interview and some analysis of the senior bowl activities..

KTF
01-25-2013, 04:27 PM
So what do most think of Babich as a D-coordinator? His run in Chicago at that position was questionable... I understand the relationship between Gus and Babich but think Lovie Smith would have been a better choice.

EndZoneQB
01-25-2013, 04:30 PM
So what do most think of Babich as a D-coordinator? His run in Chicago at that position was questionable... I understand the relationship between Gus and Babich but think Lovie Smith would have been a better choice.

I'm not too worried about it. I think Gus will be calling the defense anyway. I kind of look at it as him picking guys he can trust because he already has a relationship with them...someone he knows is on the "same team" as him...

td577
01-25-2013, 06:30 PM
I'm not too worried about it. I think Gus will be calling the defense anyway. I kind of look at it as him picking guys he can trust because he already has a relationship with them...someone he knows is on the "same team" as him...

There have only been a few head coaches in the nfl who have called plays on their own and have been successful. The head coach should be managing coordinators and letting coordinators take care of their business. That has been the formula for the successful coaches in the league.

bisonhp330
01-26-2013, 03:17 AM

Gus is huge on loyalty.....but after one shitty year with babich behind the calls- that loyalty will end.
Christ- anyone could have been position coach of the year when all you have to do is hand Urlacher and Briggs water and a towel.

AjaxTheMighty
01-26-2013, 03:35 AM
I took a class from Bradley at NDSU back in the day. He is a funny guy and I think he will make a great coach. I hope the upper brass helps him out a little. They are now my favorite AFC team! Go Jags!!!

Jay
01-28-2013, 05:50 PM
"@brian_mcintyre: MT @ryanohalloran: Seahawks DL coach Todd Wash hired to same position with #Jaguars. Allowed by Pete Carroll to make lateral move."

imabison
01-28-2013, 06:18 PM
"@brian_mcintyre: MT @ryanohalloran: Seahawks DL coach Todd Wash hired to same position with #Jaguars. Allowed by Pete Carroll to make lateral move."

I can see that as logical. Gus hired Todd, and probably strongly requested it with Pete Carroll. I see it as a move of respect for each other.

westnodak93bison
01-31-2013, 01:10 AM
Easy answer by Pete imho. Obviously a new DC would probably prefer to hand pick their own DL coach.

BisonCountry
02-12-2013, 05:43 PM
Gus Bradley Interview today by PA on KFAN. 10 min + interview staring at 23 min mark. Mostly NFL talk but some talk about his time at NDSU.
Link (http://www.kfan.com/player/?station=KFXN-FM&program_name=podcast&program_id=KFAN_PADubay.xml&mid=22873811)

marenlee
02-14-2013, 01:05 AM
I have lived 20 minutes from Jacksonville for the past 7 years. Never have gone to a Jags game. I have gone down to Miami to catch the Dolphins beat the Vikes :( Best part was meeting a LOT of Vike fans in South Florida including the one's here posing with my wife. May have to finally break that streak.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8471550967_9961b78fd0.jpg

Bisonfan1
02-15-2013, 01:14 PM
I have lived 20 minutes from Jacksonville for the past 7 years. Never have gone to a Jags game. I have gone down to Miami to catch the Dolphins beat the Vikes :( Best part was meeting a LOT of Vike fans in South Florida including the one's here posing with my wife. May have to finally break that streak.

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8512/8471550967_9961b78fd0.jpg

Pretty obvious why TAB vacations in Florida every year. Yikes

overquota
02-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Short video interview of Todd Wash

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Todd-Wash-press-conference/1c76f15d-e877-4e45-a28b-84a526bffe3e

bruinbison
02-28-2013, 07:06 PM
From Fox Sports' Peter Schrager's post-NFL-combine mock draft:

"#2 pick over-all - Jacksonville Jaguars: Shariff Floyd, defensive tackle, Florida

Of all the impressions made in Indianapolis this week, I left the most impressed with the new brass in Jacksonville. From Gus Bradley’s contagious enthusiasm to Jedd Fisch’s new offense to David Caldwell to the analytics team that’s been brought on to look at the numbers — Jacksonville seems headed in the right direction.

Floyd was a star at the Combine and is only going to pick up more positive buzz in the coming weeks. A Philadelphia native with quick feet and active hands, he can serve as an anchor to a defense that ranked dead last in the league in sacks a season ago."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/post-nfl-combine-mock-draft-022813

BisonNeil
03-02-2013, 10:19 PM
SI's Peter King has a nice article in the magazine on the NFL combine entitled "Revolution 2013". He spends a good portion of the article quoting Gus Bradley about what teams should be looking for in defensive players in the upcoming draft. It is really a sweet article. King points out that Bradley's defense in Seattle went up against "new wave" QBs such as Cam Newton, RGIII, and Colin Kaepernick as well as classic QBs such as Romo, Rodgers, and Brady going 6-0 and only giving up 13.5 pts/game.

If you are an SI insider, here's the link:

http://insidesportsillustrated.com/2013/02/27/revolution-2013/

BisonNeil
03-29-2013, 03:07 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I thought Gus Bradley's pep talk to the Wichita State basketball players on the bus to their game was pretty damn cool. Sorry if posted elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151566882628834

EndZoneQB
03-29-2013, 03:17 PM
Sorry to bump this, but I thought Gus Bradley's pep talk to the Wichita State basketball players on the bus to their game was pretty damn cool. Sorry if posted elsewhere.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151566882628834

That's a nice bus....with Jet engines and all.

Either way, that guy is a star, kind of surprised it even took him that long to move up the ladder.

devin45k
03-29-2013, 03:22 PM
Hope he keeps Matt Veldman.....Lets turn Jacksonville into a post-NDSU hot spot

bri-dog
08-08-2013, 02:56 PM
Got this off Facebook but haven't seen it posted here; sorry if it has been...

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-07/story/gus-bradley-passion-succeed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jackso nville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29

(http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-07/story/gus-bradley-passion-succeed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jackso nville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29)

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 04:07 PM

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-07/story/gus-bradley-passion-succeed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jackso nville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29

(http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2013-08-07/story/gus-bradley-passion-succeed?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+jacksonville%2FksHE+%28Jackso nville+Jaguars+%2B+Jaguars+News+-+Jacksonville.com+and+The+Florida+Times-Union%29)

That was a great read. Gene Taylor made a good decision for everyone. Tough choice on the head coaching job.. Bohl with D1 experience or Bradley with limited experience at the D2 level. Obviously he was great at recognizing talent. Even Bradley was surprised to get an interview

td577
08-08-2013, 04:23 PM
That was a great read. Gene Taylor made a good decision for everyone. Tough choice on the head coaching job.. Bohl with D1 experience or Bradley with limited experience at the D2 level. Obviously he was great at recognizing talent. Even Bradley was surprised to get an interview

I wish he was better at recognizing coaching talent in other sports.

HerdBot
08-08-2013, 04:34 PM

For every Bohl and Miles you get DeHoff

td577
08-08-2013, 04:36 PM
For every Bohl and Miles you get DeHoff

You are right. I would take a 2 for 1 every day.

Bisonator98
08-09-2013, 01:11 AM

That was a great read. Thanks for posting the link!

I always wondered if GT had hired Gus if he would still be here or if he always wanted to get to the NFL. I think it turned out alright for everyone!

Tony Almeida
08-09-2013, 02:56 PM

Awesome read! I was always a Gus Bradley fan and I remember being so disappointed when he was passed over for Bohl considering he has been a true Bison for so many years...

I gotta say I'm not very disappointed anymore, worked out well for everyone. Perfect.

Go Gus and Go Bison!

(new Jaguars fan)

coloradobison
08-21-2013, 02:57 PM
saw this on ESPN http://espn.go.com/blog/afcsouth/post/_/id/52355/bradley-not-a-fan-of-slights-as-motivation

BadlandsBison
08-21-2013, 04:33 PM
Awesome read! I was always a Gus Bradley fan and I remember being so disappointed when he was passed over for Bohl considering he has been a true Bison for so many years...

I gotta say I'm not very disappointed anymore, worked out well for everyone. Perfect.

Go Gus and Go Bison!

(new Jaguars fan)

Gus wouldn't have been at NDSU long as far as I'm concerned. Great coach who went right to the top

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

southcliffbison
08-21-2013, 09:56 PM

Yo, TD, I surmise you are alluding to women's basketball; don't think GT calls the shots regarding women's athletics; they have their own AD in Lynn Dorn. Could be wrong.......anyone out there know who does the hiring and firing involving women's sports?

marenlee
08-21-2013, 10:24 PM
Hope he keeps Matt Veldman.....Lets turn Jacksonville into a post-NDSU hot spot

Unfortunately he's fighting for a spot on the Detroit Lions right now.

Bisonator98
08-22-2013, 12:58 PM
Yo, TD, I surmise you are alluding to women's basketball; don't think GT calls the shots regarding women's athletics; they have their own AD in Lynn Dorn. Could be wrong.......anyone out there know who does the hiring and firing involving women's sports?

GT has the final say. IMO Dorn should have been fired already along with Dehoff.

td577
08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
GT has the final say. IMO Dorn should have been fired already along with Dehoff.

I completely agree and this is exactly what I was alluding to in my earlier post.

I do think CB was the right choice at the time and I would say Gus landed on his feet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m/)

MNLonghorn10
09-08-2013, 10:13 PM
Solid debut for Gus.

Gabbert may be the one QB worse than ponder

missingnumber7
09-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Solid debut for Gus.

Gabbert may be the one QB worse than ponderTheir oline is horrendous, when MJD doesn't break 50 yards...against the chiefs...ish.

td577
09-09-2013, 12:26 AM
Well Rome wasn't built in a day or whatever overused adage or cliche you want to use here. I was going to say Hiroshima wasn't destroyed in a day, but then again...

Either way, Gus has his work cut out for him and if he is truly given the latitude and time to build up his system, everything will be all right.

missingnumber7
09-09-2013, 12:31 AM
Well Rome wasn't built in a day or whatever overused adage or cliche you want to use here. I was going to say Hiroshima wasn't destroyed in a day, but then again...

Either way, Gus has his work cut out for him and if he is truly given the latitude and time to build up his system, everything will be all right.With MJD you have a decent starting spot, Blackman being suspended doesn't help, and not having a QB really doesn't help. They only can improve from where they are at, but to me it seems like the point in Major League where the owner is trying to suck to move the team.

BisonTeacher
09-09-2013, 12:47 AM
They only can improve from where they are at, but to me it seems like the point in Major League where the owner is trying to suck to move the team.

That would be funny if they had a stand up cut out of shahid khan in the locker room with removeable pieces...lol

td577
09-09-2013, 04:17 AM
That would be funny if they had a stand up cut out of shahid khan in the locker room with removeable pieces...lol

Khan has said he wants to keep the team in Jacksonville. If something happened to him and his wife took over, it could very well end up like Major League.

3059 3060

CalBison97
11-12-2013, 12:07 AM
Big props to Gus from Peter King: http://mmqb.si.com/2013/11/11/detroit-lions-carolina-panthers-monday-morning-quarterback/2/

"I think there’s not an NFL coach who knows Gus Bradley who isn’t very happy for the relentlessly optimistic teacher of football this morning."

"Bradley gave every player a game ball, and he said it was because of the improvement of so many players in so many little things."

"This is what you always heard about Bradley. He’s a teacher."

bri-dog
12-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Jaguars have now won 3 of their last 4. Gus Bradley's postgame speech after their latest win...

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/videos/Jaguars_Postgame_Report/b7483365-a925-4e4a-80c5-3946aef1d329

EndZoneQB
12-03-2013, 04:58 PM
That team is so different from the beginning of the season IMO. Players must finally be "buying in" to his system.

A1pigskin
12-04-2013, 12:09 AM
It makes you proud....

sambini
12-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Great job Gus..

westnodak93bison
12-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Bison Football. JDYFJ!

CAS4127
12-04-2013, 03:11 AM
Bison Football. JDYFJ!

Exactly. Gus is preaching what our motto was in the 80's:

Do your fucking Job!! DO YOUR JOB!!

Actually, that is a generally applicable mentality, and applies in all walks of life!

Think about it: DO YOUR JOB!!

If all one the team (whatever "team" it may do) subscribed to that position-->success will and should come!!

That's the (or at least was) the Bison Football way!!

DO YOUR JOB!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Hammersmith
12-06-2013, 02:42 AM
Tough game to watch tonight. Want to cheer for Jax to win because of Gus, but also want to cheer for Houston because of Joe.

CalBison97
12-06-2013, 02:22 PM
Gus will be on the Dan Patrick show in the 8-9 am PST hour.

NDSU92
12-06-2013, 05:35 PM
Gus will be on the Dan Patrick show in the 8-9 am PST hour.

http://www.danpatrick.com/

scroll down a bit for video

bri-dog
12-06-2013, 05:43 PM

Anyone notice that ugly damn helmet in the upper right?

coloradobison
12-06-2013, 05:46 PM

Sure wasn't expecting to see that helmet...

Hammerhead
12-06-2013, 05:57 PM
SVP > Dan Patrick. I don't know if the Bison helmet has been on his set recently, but here's an photo from a prior year.

http://img.tapatalk.com/47af1c1b-4d02-66e9.jpg

CalBison97
12-07-2013, 12:30 AM

Thanks for posting! Shout out to North Dakota State and Coach Bohl at 6:40 of interview by Gus.

DORMIE
12-07-2013, 03:41 PM
Bison helmet was on yesterday. L-R, NDSU, Arizona State, Stanford, world cup soccer ball, Michigan State, LSU (yellow).

Lord Bison
01-03-2014, 06:09 AM
Time for Gus to coach college kids again

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2014, 06:19 AM
Time for Gus to coach college kids again

Why? he did a good job this year considering.

Lord Bison
01-03-2014, 06:50 AM
Glad you asked. He's coaching south senior bowl team!

missingnumber7
01-03-2014, 12:24 PM
Glad you asked. He's coaching south senior bowl team!

Wish it was North, I'm sure Turner will be on the North team. Would be cool.

A1pigskin
01-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Wish it was North, I'm sure Turner will be on the North team. Would be cool.

That would be cool.

jarhead
01-25-2014, 07:04 PM
Nice article about Gus.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1935335-jaguars-coach-gus-bradley-making-a-name-for-himself-at-the-senior-bowl

ZHerd
01-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Nice article about Gus.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1935335-jaguars-coach-gus-bradley-making-a-name-for-himself-at-the-senior-bowl

Good stuff. I wish him the best.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2014, 07:15 PM
Anyone know if Gus had any words of wisdom for Billie?

EndZoneQB
01-25-2014, 07:20 PM
Anyone know if Gus had any words of wisdom for Billie?

I would have preferred he saved them for Billy, but that's just me.

NDSUstudent
01-25-2014, 07:25 PM
It was fun watching Gus coach practice on the NFL Network this week. Gotta love his energy and passion.

THEsocalledfan
01-25-2014, 07:30 PM
I would have preferred he saved them for Billy, but that's just me.

I am the worst speller in history. How do you smart guys remember how to spell things?

NFH Schlüssel
01-25-2014, 08:17 PM
I am the worst speller in history. How do you smart guys remember how to spell things?

high school diploma :biggrin:

56BISON73
01-25-2014, 09:30 PM

Spell checker!!!!!!

IzzyFlexion
01-25-2014, 11:03 PM

We try to spend very little time in 3rd world countries.

Bisonator98
01-25-2014, 11:21 PM
It was fun watching Gus coach practice on the NFL Network this week. Gotta love his energy and passion.

Easy to see why players would run through walls for him. Great coach with a great attitude!

westnodak93bison
01-25-2014, 11:41 PM
Media loves Gus.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

IBleedYellow
02-08-2014, 09:07 PM
Looks like Scottie tooks the DC job at Jacksonville according to Jeff Kolpack.

BisonCountry
02-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Looks like Scottie tooks the DC job at Jacksonville according to Jeff Kolpack.

Asst. Lb coach not DC.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

DjKyRo
02-08-2014, 09:49 PM
Dang! NDSU just becoming an absolute factory for NFL staff.

EastCoastBison
02-08-2014, 09:54 PM
Asst. Lb coach not DC.

Confirmation of Asst. LB Coach:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/08/2242540/

Bison 4 Life
02-08-2014, 10:20 PM
Confirmation of Asst. LB Coach:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/02/08/2242540/

That may explain why he wasn't hot for the NDSU job.

sambini
02-09-2014, 03:52 AM
He never applied for the NDSU job. Great move Scottie.

CalBison97
10-14-2014, 04:03 AM
With Jacksonville not getting any better, sadly I think Bradley won't last much longer. I was miffed watching the ending of yesterday's game. Unfortunately, Peter King saw it too and noted this in his MMQB:

Goats of the Week

Mike Nugent, kicker, Cincinnati. On the last play of overtime in a 37-37 game with Carolina, Nugent had a straight-on, 36-yard field goal try. Shanked it wide right. Never has a tie felt more like a loss.

Gus Bradley, head coach, Jacksonville. With 12 seconds left, and no timeouts left, trailing by two at Tennessee, the Jags had a third-and-two at the Tennessee 37. The Jaguars had just been handed a gain of eight yards on a sideline-route to put the ball at the 37. And Bradley, instead of taking six or eight more free yards on another sideline route, chose to put Josh Scobee on the field for the 55-yard field goal try. Now, there’s no guarantee Blake Bortles completes a ball on third-and-two. But why not try? Why settle for a 55-yard attempt when you’ve got a chance to get six or eight yards closer? Bradley needs to help his kicker there, and he didn’t.

Mayville Bison
10-14-2014, 01:09 PM
With Jacksonville not getting any better, sadly I think Bradley won't last much longer. I was miffed watching the ending of yesterday's game. Unfortunately, Peter King saw it too and noted this in his MMQB:

Goats of the Week

Mike Nugent, kicker, Cincinnati. On the last play of overtime in a 37-37 game with Carolina, Nugent had a straight-on, 36-yard field goal try. Shanked it wide right. Never has a tie felt more like a loss.

Gus Bradley, head coach, Jacksonville. With 12 seconds left, and no timeouts left, trailing by two at Tennessee, the Jags had a third-and-two at the Tennessee 37. The Jaguars had just been handed a gain of eight yards on a sideline-route to put the ball at the 37. And Bradley, instead of taking six or eight more free yards on another sideline route, chose to put Josh Scobee on the field for the 55-yard field goal try. Now, there’s no guarantee Blake Bortles completes a ball on third-and-two. But why not try? Why settle for a 55-yard attempt when you’ve got a chance to get six or eight yards closer? Bradley needs to help his kicker there, and he didn’t.

I think Bradley made the right call. Tennessee's only job in that situation is to defend the sidelines. With a rookie QB in there, he may stay in the pocket too long trying to make something happen and either have the time run out, get sacked, or complete a pass that won't stop the clock. Too many things could go wrong when there's not a guarantee either way. Take your chances with the long FG (a 47 yarder isn't a guarantee either). Scobee makes that FG, Bradley is viewed as a genius.

CalBison97
10-14-2014, 02:09 PM
I think Bradley made the right call. Tennessee's only job in that situation is to defend the sidelines. With a rookie QB in there, he may stay in the pocket too long trying to make something happen and either have the time run out, get sacked, or complete a pass that won't stop the clock. Too many things could go wrong when there's not a guarantee either way. Take your chances with the long FG (a 47 yarder isn't a guarantee either). Scobee makes that FG, Bradley is viewed as a genius.

Losing 12 of the last 13, too many things have already gone wrong for Jax. Tennessee couldn't defend the sidelines the play before. If it isn't open, throw it in the stands. May even score a TD with an out and up, ala the 49ers last night. With 12 seconds left, at least make an attempt.

Bisonator98
10-14-2014, 05:05 PM
Losing 12 of the last 13, too many things have already gone wrong for Jax. Tennessee couldn't defend the sidelines the play before. If it isn't open, throw it in the stands. May even score a TD with an out and up, ala the 49ers last night. With 12 seconds left, at least make an attempt.

I agree. No reason not to with 12 seconds and only 3rd down. Gus probably kicked himself over that one.

bri-dog
10-14-2014, 05:15 PM
I agree. No reason not to with 12 seconds and only 3rd down. Gus probably kicked himself over that one.

He had to kick himself...Scobee would've missed.

Bisonator98
10-14-2014, 05:19 PM
He had to kick himself...Scobee would've missed.

Haha good point:rofl:

HoopsBison
10-14-2014, 06:06 PM
Really a tough call for Gus, If he does choose to run a play on third down and his ROOKIE qb gets sacked or throws pass that doesn't get out of bounds the game is over. If they commit a penalty they are out of field goal range. Also you risk a turnover. I am sure before the game Scobee said he was good from X amount of yards. With Jacksonville actually having a chance to win a game, I am sure Gus wanted to take a chance at the win. Just imagine the shit storm if they get a sack or complete a pass in bounds...

Bisonator98
10-14-2014, 06:30 PM
Really a tough call for Gus, If he does choose to run a play on third down and his ROOKIE qb gets sacked or throws pass that doesn't get out of bounds the game is over. If they commit a penalty they are out of field goal range. Also you risk a turnover. I am sure before the game Scobee said he was good from X amount of yards. With Jacksonville actually having a chance to win a game, I am sure Gus wanted to take a chance at the win. Just imagine the shit storm if they get a sack or complete a pass in bounds...

Coaches don't actually believe a kicker do they??

Tony Almeida
10-15-2014, 02:50 AM

No shit storm, cuz it would still be considered the right call...

North Side
10-15-2014, 02:56 AM
man...... I am pulling for Gus...... you don't get many 2nd chances at being a head NFL coach.

HerdBoy
10-15-2014, 03:29 AM
I think he will be fine. It's only his 2nd year and the Jags weren't very good when he started there.

Tony Almeida
10-15-2014, 03:46 AM
I think he will be fine. It's only his 2nd year and the Jags weren't very good when he started there.

Mularky lasted just one season, but I think Gus's situation is a little different...hopefully.

CalBison97
10-15-2014, 03:57 AM

Bottom line is they aren't winning or showing much if any improvement. Unless Jerry Jones is your owner you won't be given opportunity after opportunity. I'm pulling for Gus, Bortles, and the Jags to turn it around the second half and get some positive results. Guessing less than 3 wins may spell trouble.

bisonfan08
10-15-2014, 02:36 PM
I think he gets at least one more year. You have to look at what he's had to work with, they got rid of MJD and brought in Gerhart who's been terrible, their best offensive player in Blackmon got in trouble yet again and is gone for the season, they are just lacking weapons. Their defense is young but improving, it's hard to blame it on them when the offense was going 3 and out all the time. I think Bortles is the real deal and this team will continue to improve as he develops. The guys play hard for Gus and that's tough to find in the NFL, I think he gets one more draft and offseason in free agency to try to build a better roster and get this team headed in the right direction. He should be able to get a couple wins this season and I think if he can get to at least 6 next year he should be safe.

RedRiver
10-15-2014, 03:02 PM
People are yacking on this thread and don't even know what they are talking about. Gus is a head coach, just like 31 others in the NFL. Gus is at disadvantage, as the Jags talent level is one of the lowest in the league. Those in the know however, including other NFL head coaches, identify Gus as capable coach that will be in the league for many years.

stevdock
10-15-2014, 03:40 PM
People are yacking on this thread and don't even know what they are talking about. Gus is a head coach, just like 31 others in the NFL. Gus is at disadvantage, as the Jags talent level is one of the lowest in the league. Those in the know however, including other NFL head coaches, identify Gus as capable coach that will be in the league for many years.

But in the NFL, it's what have you done for me lately. If he doesn't start to get a couple W's, he won't last for long no matter how hard the players are playing for him or the lack of talent on the roster. Good news for him is the defense is starting to look better over the last couple of weeks and I think Bortles will be a good QB but they've got to give him some talent around him.

Bisonfan1
10-15-2014, 03:42 PM
Couple good back to back drafts, free agent signings, and look out. Gus knows what he's doing.

silkamilkamonico
10-15-2014, 04:13 PM
Gus has a few things going for him....

- The ownership/management did not like Mularky. They took a flyer on a coach to turn things around and there were things behind the scenes that they did not like about him fom the beginning. Situations like that are also why coaches only last 1 year in the NFL.
- The ownership/management really likes Bradley. They like what he stands for and they like what he is doing Monday-Saturday.
- Everybody in the organization knew the Jaguars were not going to be good this year. Too many holes, too many missing pieces, too much inexperience.

Bortles is going to be a real good QB - he already looks in command and that offense has changed significantly since he has taken over. Their offensive line needs a major revamp. The only thing they had going for them is the WR position, and they are missing their best player lost for the season in Blackmon and Shorts has been injured since camp and is nly now starting to play healthy. I think signing Gerhart was a big mistake but whatever.
Defense started the season out really bad. After the first half of the first game they gave up something like 150 points over the next 14 quarters. Really bad stretch. I think if the rest of the season is like that he will be in trouble. Last 2 games have been good though and they have been competitive and have had chances to win. The offense is only going to continue to get better. I still think they compete the rest of the year and he will get at least another season.

Bisonfan1
10-15-2014, 04:31 PM
The assistant Linebackers Coach and Defensive Coordinator should be swapping positions for the Jags, that would be a good sound move right now. I wont mention names here, but the DC hire was suspect, and nothing personal at all. When you get demoted by your buddy on a previous team, that should tell you something.

Hammerhead
10-15-2014, 08:26 PM
Bill Belichick's teams (Cleveland and New England) only had one winning season in his first 6 NFL seasons.

But in the NFL, it's what have you done for me lately. If he doesn't start to get a couple W's, he won't last for long no matter how hard the players are playing for him or the lack of talent on the roster. Good news for him is the defense is starting to look better over the last couple of weeks and I think Bortles will be a good QB but they've got to give him some talent around him.

ZHerd
10-15-2014, 08:48 PM
Bill Belichick's teams (Cleveland and New England) only had one winning season in his first 6 NFL seasons.

Belichick has to be a major exception. I have no data in front of me to support this but it really feels like the NFL has changed since Y2K. There is little continuity and its very hard to build and maintain. You can be horrible one year and a playoff team the next. I don't know if it is just free agency that ruined it but I honestly don't like the NFL anymore at all. I follow the Vikes (my childhood idol) but even really could care less about them. The NFL is garbage. I didn't use to like college ball and now I love it.

Tony Almeida
10-15-2014, 08:49 PM
The assistant Linebackers Coach and Defensive Coordinator should be swapping positions for the Jags, that would be a good sound move right now. I wont mention names here, but the DC hire was suspect, and nothing personal at all. When you get demoted by your buddy on a previous team, that should tell you something.

I agree on this...

Mr Meaty
10-15-2014, 09:20 PM
[/B]

I agree on this...

another vote yes on this matter

natstar1
10-15-2014, 10:06 PM
Belichick has to be a major exception. I have no data in front of me to support this but it really feels like the NFL has changed since Y2K. There is little continuity and its very hard to build and maintain. You can be horrible one year and a playoff team the next. I don't know if it is just free agency that ruined it but I honestly don't like the NFL anymore at all. I follow the Vikes (my childhood idol) but even really could care less about them. The NFL is garbage. I didn't use to like college ball and now I love it.
Because you don't like it? Sounds like Lakes logic.

ZHerd
10-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Because you don't like it? Sounds like Lakes logic.

"I think" the NFL is garbage. Better?

ndsubison1
10-16-2014, 01:34 AM
Gus has a few things going for him....

- The ownership/management did not like Mularky. They took a flyer on a coach to turn things around and there were things behind the scenes that they did not like about him fom the beginning. Situations like that are also why coaches only last 1 year in the NFL.
- The ownership/management really likes Bradley. They like what he stands for and they like what he is doing Monday-Saturday.
- Everybody in the organization knew the Jaguars were not going to be good this year. Too many holes, too many missing pieces, too much inexperience.

Bortles is going to be a real good QB - he already looks in command and that offense has changed significantly since he has taken over. Their offensive line needs a major revamp. The only thing they had going for them is the WR position, and they are missing their best player lost for the season in Blackmon and Shorts has been injured since camp and is nly now starting to play healthy. I think signing Gerhart was a big mistake but whatever.
Defense started the season out really bad. After the first half of the first game they gave up something like 150 points over the next 14 quarters. Really bad stretch. I think if the rest of the season is like that he will be in trouble. Last 2 games have been good though and they have been competitive and have had chances to win. The offense is only going to continue to get better. I still think they compete the rest of the year and he will get at least another season.

Lee has been injured too

HerdBoy
11-30-2014, 08:16 PM
Jags win today! Yeah!

bisonpride4ever
11-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Biggest comeback win in franchise history. 21 points.

Sent using both a Speak-n-Spell and an Etch-a-Sketch

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Jags struggling against Tampa Bay today. I hate to say it but I've watched every game of their's, and I don't really see anything that makes me feel like he is going to turn that around. The offense is young and has upside but it's still going to take a couple years because their oline is so bad. Their defense is really bad. I don't know if it's coaching or scheme but their defense couldn't stop a college team. Love Gus but I can't see them being much more patient, they are still as much in rebuilding mode now as they were 3 years ago when he was hired.

HerdBoy
10-11-2015, 06:31 PM
Jags are one of the youngest if not the youngest team in the NFL. They lost a heart breaker last week. The season is still young.

silkamilkamonico
10-11-2015, 07:34 PM
At some point you have to start winning. I think he will leave that team in a good position for the next coach which says something. A little disappointing to see how terrible that defense is.

FloridaTazz
10-22-2015, 04:14 PM
He is 8-30 here. He inherited an absolutely terrible team to start with but this was the year everyone was pointing too as us being a divisional contender. Fowler getting injured did not help this year...I want him to stay but we are the ONLY ones here who do. Every tv and radio station here is not saying IF he will be fired but when.

westnodak93bison
10-22-2015, 10:12 PM
Pro sports fans are too impatient

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

ZHerd
10-22-2015, 10:20 PM
Pro sports fans are too impatient

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Says a Bison fan :rofl:

Christopher Moen
10-23-2015, 01:44 AM
When a pro team fails continuously, especially after going through multiple coaches, the problem is the front office. Prime example are the Chicago Cubs. Theo Epstein got the Red Sox to a few championships and is now taking the Cubs in the same direction. Success isn't an overnight process at the pro level, even when it seems like it (i.e. Seahawks, Astros). With that said, the Jaguars problems have little to do with the coaching as much as it has to do with management. The team is ran too much like a business as opposed to being ran like a team meant for championships. Despite their losing records, the Jaguars are still making pretty good money (http://www.forbes.com/teams/jacksonville-jaguars/). Unfortunately for Gus, it's hard to make chicken salad with the garbage he given to work with.

td577
10-23-2015, 02:35 AM
When a pro team fails continuously, especially after going through multiple coaches, the problem is the front office. Prime example are the Chicago Cubs. Theo Epstein got the Red Sox to a few championships and is now taking the Cubs in the same direction. Success isn't an overnight process at the pro level, even when it seems like it (i.e. Seahawks, Astros). With that said, the Jaguars problems have little to do with the coaching as much as it has to do with management. The team is ran too much like a business as opposed to being ran like a team meant for championships. Despite their losing records, the Jaguars are still making pretty good money (http://www.forbes.com/teams/jacksonville-jaguars/). Unfortunately for Gus, it's hard to make chicken salad with the garbage he given to work with.

It doesn't help they didn't hit it with Gabbert and Blackmon and let MJD walk (even though looking back MJD was at the end of the end). There is two 1st round draft picks they had to use early picks later for. Bortles, Marqise Lee, T.J. Yeldon, and Allen Robinson instead of more line help. Basically they had to replay a couple of drafts. That doesn't help any program and if you take away first round draft picks from an organization or have to reapply them to the same issues over and over, you will never get anywhere. Of course, Gus is going to be the scapegoat in all of this. The good news is there are a bunch of teams who would bring him on as DC in a heartbeat and he is young enough to get another go at HC in the future. Even the Jags know it isn't his fault, they will just have to fire somebody.

Christopher Moen
10-23-2015, 04:23 AM
It doesn't help they didn't hit it with Gabbert and Blackmon and let MJD walk (even though looking back MJD was at the end of the end). There is two 1st round draft picks they had to use early picks later for. Bortles, Marqise Lee, T.J. Yeldon, and Allen Robinson instead of more line help. Basically they had to replay a couple of drafts. That doesn't help any program and if you take away first round draft picks from an organization or have to reapply them to the same issues over and over, you will never get anywhere. Of course, Gus is going to be the scapegoat in all of this. The good news is there are a bunch of teams who would bring him on as DC in a heartbeat and he is young enough to get another go at HC in the future. Even the Jags know it isn't his fault, they will just have to fire somebody.

You're absolutely correct about Gus being the scapegoat. Most of the time, upper management personnel don't have the ability to realize they are the problem. Look how long it has taken Jerry Jones to realize he was the problem. Now that he has stopped drafting by his personal preferences and started to listen to others for the first time since he basically banished Jimmy Johnson from the organization, the Cowboys are actually decent contenders.

In regards to my Broncos, John Elway and company have done pretty well in regards to free agency (Manning, Ware, Talib) and not so bad in the draft. For example, Von Miller was a homerun, but taking Montee Ball over Eddie Lacy was whiff. Hopefully, he continues to get better and learns a lot from the GM he admires the most, Ozzie Newsome of the Ravens.

HerdBoy
10-25-2015, 05:35 PM
Jags win today against the bills 34-31 and move to 2-5. Jags play the Jets next on November 8th.

ndsubison1
10-26-2015, 02:10 AM
Jags have the skill players now. Bortles is improving, but still inconsistent. Need to get better on defense.

bruinbison
12-29-2015, 08:40 PM
Jags owner says Gus Bradley will be back next season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14460039/gus-bradley-return-jacksonville-jaguars-coach-2016-season

StL Bison Fan
12-29-2015, 08:46 PM
Jags owner says Gus Bradley will be back next season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14460039/gus-bradley-return-jacksonville-jaguars-coach-2016-season

Not if we beat Jacksonville on the 9th
Oh, wait, wrong Jacksonville.

CAS4127
12-29-2015, 08:50 PM
Gus needs to fire Babich or he will be Babich's next victim (NDSU, Lovie, and now Gus).

Sent from my iPhone.

steelbison
12-29-2015, 08:51 PM
Gus needs to fire Babich or he will be Babich's next victim (NDSU, Lovie, and now Gus).

Sent from my iPhone.

100% correct!!!

BisonAccountant44
12-29-2015, 09:07 PM

Sent from my iPhone.

I have no idea how Jacksonville's D is right now, but with Babich running it, I expect it's suspect at best. That being said, he was still on staff in Chicago when Lovie was fired in '12, but Lovie had demoted him to LB coach long before that. Rod Marinelli was the DC at the time, Bob was only the DC in '07, '08 & '09.

jeffs
01-05-2016, 10:27 PM
Babich is out as Jacksonville Jaguars d coordinator.

Mr Meaty
01-05-2016, 10:36 PM
Babich is out as Jacksonville Jaguars d coordinator.

Good move to get rid of him.

BlueHawkAlumni
01-06-2016, 02:50 AM
Babich out, CK in?

td577
01-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Babich out, CK in?

The thought crossed my mind when I heard Babich was out. It would certainly be a resume building experience. Pay-wise it really isn't much of a jump from a lot of P5 DC positions but after a DC stint in the NFL, unless it went horribly bad, you would probably have some leverage in the DC or head coaching game in college. Even Babich hasn't always had success in the NFL and still finds employment.

I think CK proves time after time he is a defensive genius. I have said it before but I think the turn around this year had a lot to do with him getting back directly involved with the defense. I absolutely think he will leave someday, but the one thing I hope for is a couple more years so a guy like Entz can learn more. I know they go way back, but maybe Entz will be ready to show he can run a defense without CK around or run a team. The Bison defense did well before CK got here but there is something about the way he sees the field that makes him special. The NFL would be a huge leap though and certainly his defense now probably would get tore up at the next level. He is smart enough to adapt.

CAS4127
01-06-2016, 03:10 AM
The thought crossed my mind when I heard Babich was out. It would certainly be a resume building experience. Pay-wise it really isn't much of a jump from a lot of P5 DC positions but after a DC stint in the NFL, unless it went horribly bad, you would probably have some leverage in the DC or head coaching game in college. Even Babich hasn't always had success in the NFL and still finds employment.

I think CK proves time after time he is a defensive genius. I have said it before but I think the turn around this year had a lot to do with him getting back directly involved with the defense. I absolutely think he will leave someday, but the one thing I hope for is a couple more years so a guy like Entz can learn more. I know they go way back, but maybe Entz will be ready to show he can run a defense without CK around or run a team. The Bison defense did well before CK got here but there is something about the way he sees the field that makes him special. The NFL would be a huge leap though and certainly his defense now probably would get tore up at the next level. He is smart enough to adapt.

Meh, huge, huge jump from FCS defensive guru to NFL. Not even close to happening. Gus went from DC at FCS to Quality Control in NFL. I know you understand the difference.

Sent from my iPhone.

td577
01-06-2016, 03:28 AM
Meh, huge, huge jump from FCS defensive guru to NFL. Not even close to happening. Gus went from DC at FCS to Quality Control in NFL. I know you understand the difference.

Sent from my iPhone.

I don't think it will happen, but if there is anyone who gets CK is a defensive guru, it would be Gus. Gus's job is hanging by a thread the way it is. He has to go either really huge or really safe. CK would be a lot more than really huge, that would be astronomical. Going huge would be someone like Venables from Clemson, Aranda from Wisconsin, or Durkin from Michigan. Going safe would be to see where Spagnuolo ends up after the Giants are done figuring out who to replace Coughlin. Or bring in a George Edwards type like Zimmer did to coordinate but Bradley would call the plays like Zimmer does.

CAS4127
01-06-2016, 03:30 AM
I don't think it will happen, but if there is anyone who gets CK is a defensive guru, it would be Gus. Gus's job is hanging by a thread the way it is. He has to go either really huge or really safe. CK would be a lot more than really huge, that would be astronomical. Going huge would be someone like Venables from Clemson, Aranda from Wisconsin, or Durkin from Michigan. Going safe would be to see where Spagnuolo ends up after the Giants are done figuring out who to replace Coughlin. Or bring in a George Edwards type like Zimmer did to coordinate but Bradley would call the plays like Zimmer does.

Or convincing Gruden to party again--that would be huge, and fun!!

C'mon???

Sent from my iPhone.

ZHerd
01-06-2016, 03:42 AM

Whoever it is, I just hope we stick with defense guys for the HC position at NDSU

EC8CH
01-06-2016, 03:44 AM
Why is no one talking about the band in this Jacksonville thread?

56BISON73
01-06-2016, 03:46 AM

May be they are as sick of there band as we are? :biggrin:

bisonforever
01-06-2016, 04:19 AM

Sent from my iPhone. Scott Hazelton

td577
01-06-2016, 04:36 AM

It is right down the road, isn't it?

CAS4127
01-06-2016, 04:55 AM
Scott Hazelton

Stretch !!

Sent from my iPhone.

NorthernBison
01-06-2016, 06:00 AM
Good move to get rid of him.

The defense regressed. That warranted a change.

It's also a sign that the Honeymoon is over in Jacksonville. The bar has been raised in terms of expectations. 5-11 isn't good enough going forward.

MAKBison
01-06-2016, 06:12 AM

IDN that/if Gus's job is hanging by a thread. I can say this.... I work with a a guy who lives in Jvile and is FANatic Anyway I said to him just the other day...I love GB, but his job has to be in danger. He came back saying not yet. That when we was hired that it was a long term deal and that ownership was committed to give him a PBS like commitment as they believe it will take 5 or more years to build a culture. Anyway thats waht he believes

unbison
01-06-2016, 11:40 AM
stretch !!

Sent from my iphone.

cas4127???
But seriously bohl has to be looking to get out of Laramie

BisManBison
01-06-2016, 01:32 PM
cas4127???
But seriously bohl has to be looking to get out of Laramie

Bohl came to mind for me too. If nothing else, I'd be shocked if Craig didn't at least call Gus. Oh the irony of that would almost be too much. Not gonna happen though.

wagsabison
01-06-2016, 01:35 PM
I gotta think he's going to get someone already in the NFL and not take someone from college. Most coaches that work their way up in the NFL do so through the position ranks... like Gus.

CAS4127
01-06-2016, 01:55 PM
I gotta think he's going to get someone already in the NFL and not take someone from college. Most coaches that work their way up in the NFL do so through the position ranks... like Gus.

Wonder if there is position coach at Seattle who Gus sees as up and comer?

Sent from my iPhone.

NorthernBison
01-06-2016, 02:07 PM
IDN that/if Gus's job is hanging by a thread. I can say this.... I work with a a guy who lives in Jvile and is FANatic Anyway I said to him just the other day...I love GB, but his job has to be in danger. He came back saying not yet. That when we was hired that it was a long term deal and that ownership was committed to give him a PBS like commitment as they believe it will take 5 or more years to build a culture. Anyway thats waht he believes
This was his 3rd year. They won 4, 3, and now 5 games. More importantly, this was the 2nd year with Bortles at QB and he set franchise records for passing yards, attempts, and I think even TD's. He did throw quite a few picks. The end result of all that is that the bar has been raised for expectations. They feel they have their QB and they lost some close games. Gus's job isn't hanging by a thread but there is an expectation that the win column should trend upward going forward.

garbageman
01-06-2016, 03:18 PM
Todd Wash??

Mr. Burgundy
01-06-2016, 04:03 PM
I became a Jags junkie due to some friendships....and losing Marks this year was an awful blow to the defense. Then their top pick goes out in the first hour of the first practice. Horrible break. They have the #5 pick, Marks and the top DE pick from Florida coming back off injuries and the most cap money in the NFL.

Their offense needs to block better up front. Luke was awful in their last game. Gave up 4 sacks. He has to dominate. Too important of a pick to flop (Kalil like). If they can block up front, they have all pro TE, a GREAT young QB, the best young WR core in the NFL in my opinion (all 3 are in their 2nd year...2 were 1000 yard plus receivers), a nice young back who was a rookie and faught injuries. They improved quickly under a new OC last year. They will need to do the same this next year on Defense. I swear I just wish Gus would take the defense on his own. If this is his one shot....do it yourself. Don't trust anyone. Call the defense! He was the best DC in the league, built the Seahawks...he is a great talent evaluator, people want to play for him....call the shots!!! Next year is critical or he goes back to being a DC somewhere.

BadlandsBison
01-06-2016, 04:20 PM
Sure seems like the AFC south is within reach for the jags. Very surprised that Indy didn't fire the head coach, I guess its not his fault that Luck got hurt.

Gus inherited a bad roster, glad he gets another shot.

FloridaTazz
01-06-2016, 04:21 PM
Bradley IS hanging on by a thread. THIS past year was when the expectations were high. Losing Fowler was a tough blow (I and every FSU fan was hoping we would take Leonard Williams instead) but missing a rookie can not explain away that pass rush. O-line is terrible and our running game is not effective. Our defense is on the field WAY to much, which some of that can be tied back to our offense. Our offense is a high risk high reward passing attack. A decent defense can contain that as we are one dimensional or shoot ourselves in the foot with holding/turnovers.
His record at one point this season was 8-30...so people started asking Khan to fire him at 8:30, then 8:31 the next week.

I would say if we start 1-3 or worse next year he will be fired.

Bradley is personally well liked here and the fans really really want him to succeed but with Coughlin back on the market, who still has strong ties here, and losing a game to Mularkey!?!?!? There is no patience left with the fanbase.

bruinbison
01-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Gus Bradley makes it official and names Todd Wash defensive coordinator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/21/report-todd-wash-expected-to-be-next-jaguars-defensive-coordinator/

Ndsu84
01-21-2016, 08:57 PM
Gus Bradley makes it official and names Todd Wash defensive coordinator.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/21/report-todd-wash-expected-to-be-next-jaguars-defensive-coordinator/

Awesome!

10char

Bison bison
01-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Wow.

Congrats to Todd

scottietohottie
01-22-2016, 06:50 PM
Gus got a one year contract extension today.

Bisonator98
01-22-2016, 06:53 PM
Hope for Gus and Todd's sake that team makes some serious gains this season.