PDA

View Full Version : More sad news

BraxtonT
11-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Former runningback Craig Fredrickson has passed away do to some abdominal complications. He leaves behind a wife and two small children. I have no other information at this time to share, but I did get it straight from his cousin.

Please keep Craig and his family in your prayers.

TheDoctor
11-16-2006, 03:48 PM
Craig is one of my very good friends. Craig was in the hospital this past week and needed dialisis. When preparing him for this he went into cardiac arrest. This was a total shock to everyone, including the hospital staff. So, an autopsy is being performed. He leaves behind his wife Leslie, 3 year old daughter Gabby, and 6 week old baby girl Logan. Leslie lost her mother two years ago to cancer as well. My heart absolutely bleeds for her right now. Please keep all of his family and friends in your hearts at this time, I can't believe he is gone. :'(

broke_back_mnt
11-16-2006, 03:59 PM
I offer my condolences. *I think Craig was a convert from the track team, if I remember correctly.

tony
11-16-2006, 04:20 PM
Man, that seems impossible. I'm terribly sorry.

Craig played on the football team and was a phenomenal blend of speed and power. I think he started in football and then switched to track after hurting his knee. He excelled in track (he won two NCC championships and an All-American in the decathlon). A couple days ago I was wondering how great guys like him and Roller would have fit into NDSU's offensive scheme.

Ivy
11-16-2006, 06:56 PM
It's so sad when something like this happens to anyone suddenly, but especially sad when it's a young family. Anyone know why he had be on on dialysis...that's not something young people usually need. He was a heck of a track athlete.

The Fredricksons will be in my prayers.

Coach_W
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
the family has my sympathies and prayers. bless those little children

sambini
11-16-2006, 09:09 PM
OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH THE FAMILY+++

BisonMav
11-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Thoughts and prayers to the family.

BisonSig
11-16-2006, 09:40 PM
Craig was a good guy, had a couple classes with him when I went back to school. Saw him a few years later, he said hello, and we caught up a bit.

Definitely my condolences to his family, friends. May he rest in peace.

TheDoctor
11-17-2006, 03:35 AM
It's so sad when something like this happens to anyone suddenly, but especially sad when it's a young family. *Anyone know why he had be on on dialysis...that's not something young people usually need. *He was a heck of a track athlete.

The Fredricksons will be in my prayers.

His kidneys shut down and started secreting a lot of bile, causing a need for dialysis. Funeral services are Monday at I believe 1:30, with a prayer service on Sunday night, all of which will be in his home town of Detroit Lakes. Our mutual friend (whom I met Craig through) TJ Koepplin (Javelin @NDSU) will be one of the paul bearers. I still don't believe this happened. :'(

TheDoctor
11-17-2006, 05:23 PM
:'( A websight has been set up with a memorial for Craig. I received this email from TJ's wife:

I have set up a caringbridge web page for Craig at www.caringbridge.org
you can just type in craigfredrickson

Trainer
11-17-2006, 06:17 PM
Thanks B1SON for the link... I read the journal and viewed the photos. I never knew Craig personally, but his passing just doesn't seem fair or right. Frankly, I'm pretty shook up right now.... God Bless his family. :'(

TheDoctor
11-17-2006, 09:43 PM
Posted by his wife Leslie on the websight:

Craig, Gabby, Logan and I had a great family weekend. We went to the Bison football game on Sat. and then brought the girls to Space Aliens for dinner on Sun. Craig was not feeling well after dinner, so he went to lye down for a while. He got up about a half hour later and said he should probably go the ER. I had to stay with the girls, so he drove himself there and I came later when he called and said that he was going to be admitted to the hospital that night.

We were told that he would be having his gallbladder out the next day. The next day came and the surgeon said that the gallbladder was not the issue and that they would have to do a CT scan to find out what was cuasing the pain, and high temp. The CT scan indicated that his kidneys were starting to fail. He was severly dehydrated, so they gave him over 16 liters of fluid and it did not help, it just gathered in his abdominal cavity putting a great deal of pressure on all of his organs. His temp, heart rate and blood pressure would continually go up and down .

The doctors believed they should put in a central line so they would not have to keep sticking him, and a cathater to start acute dialysis to rid his body of the toxins that were building. He was in this procedure when he went into cardiac arrest, and the staff was not able to revive him.

I was in the room while they tried to revive him for over 20 minutes. His parents were able to come in at the very end and Craig was given his last rights by Father Hughes. I had Father bless our marriage at the same time.

We are all in a state of shock, Craig was the glue of our family and life will never be the same without him. I know there are many people out there who loved and cared for him, but the love I have for that man is beyond this world and I will hold him close to my heart for the rest of my life. I was able to spend six wonderful years with him, he gave me two beautiful daughters and I will see him in them everyday. THEY WILL KNOW THEIR FATHER! We had it all...I will ask "Why?" everyday, and I hope I can one day come to terms with all of this.

Craig was loved by all who knew him. Please sign the guest book and leave a tribute. I know Craig will be reading them!

sambini
11-17-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks B1son What a wonderful guy he will be missed.

Jdubs21
11-18-2006, 01:10 AM
most deffinately....sorry to all family in friends, your in our prayers