PDA

View Full Version : Polasek to Northern Illinois

aces1180
01-12-2013, 09:33 PM
Per Kolpack -

@FGOSPORTSWRITER: Football Scoop says Tim Polasek heading to Northern Illinois for another assistant fb position. Will try and confirm.

TbonZach
01-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Well that would suck if that's true. Good get for NIU, though.

SamsRams
01-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Ouch, wonder ifthey replace from within to be new recruitnig coordinator?

HandoEX
01-12-2013, 09:38 PM
Ouch! I think most people knew he wasn't going to be here much longer. Just a fantastic coach and a huge loss for the Bison. Best of luck to Polasek at NIU!

Grizzled
01-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Sucks. I've heard he isn't going to be the only assistant that may leave this off season. One, possibly two more.

Gully
01-12-2013, 09:42 PM
F. Huge loss. Very good coach, great recruiter.

Bison bison
01-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Once a Bison, always a Bison.

Hambone
01-12-2013, 09:48 PM
So how will this affect current year recruiting? What was his area?

CaBisonFan
01-12-2013, 09:50 PM
The price of success. We reload. Good coaches want to be at NDSU. They know the obvious advantages.

BisonTeacher
01-12-2013, 10:13 PM
I know its a different sport but Mike krzyssssefsky...says he only wants assistants who want to be head coaches and and move on. It makes for a better staff.

Grizzled
01-12-2013, 10:17 PM
So how will this affect current year recruiting? What was his area?

He recruited Wisconsin. With Tanguay on the fence it may have an effect. Could he possibly bring Nick Jacobsen or one of the other highly regarded Wisc. d-linemen? Not sure. Its a big loss. He was our recruiting coordinator as well and was one of the coaches the players really trusted and rallied around. Was a bigger part of rallying the troups after the 3-8 season than Bohl.

BadlandsBison
01-12-2013, 10:22 PM
Ah shat! It was just a matter of time I suppose, he's gonna get a bigtime job someday.

Also, does anyone know if Tyler Rohl would be willing to replace him? He was basically Polasek's assistant.

hattonbison
01-12-2013, 10:30 PM
Ouch, wonder ifthey replace from within to be new recruitnig coordinator?

Kenni Burns is the recruiting coordinator, just checked gobison.com.

unbison
01-12-2013, 10:33 PM
maybe thats the answer to who will be his replacement i had heard people saying that for a couple days and i thought it was polasek......anyway you are on your way tim......you came here with a few dollars in your pocket and worked your way up the ladder congratulations keep kicking ass!

BisonTeacher
01-12-2013, 10:35 PM
Kenni Burns is the recruiting coordinator, just checked gobison.com.

Awesome! I love his documentarys.

dragonsfan
01-12-2013, 10:46 PM
How about ndsu send vigen there and promote polasak to O coord? Would you guys support that?

BisonTeacher
01-12-2013, 10:47 PM
How about ndsu send vigen there and promote polasak to O coord? Would you guys support that?

Fire dragonsfan save bisonville

WRSDBison
01-12-2013, 10:49 PM

Vigen is the epitome of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde. He has his WTF moments but I thought he had some masterful calls in the championship game.

BisonNeil
01-12-2013, 10:53 PM
Polasek is a huge loss. My guess is it will cost us Jacobsen, which would be a huge get for NDSU if he sticks. I can't help but wonder if the complete and utter dress down Bohl did on Polasek, four times, coming back again and again to chew his ass, after the attempted punt block in the Geo Southern game had anything to do with his decision to call it a day.

Gully
01-12-2013, 10:55 PM
Polasek is a huge loss. My guess is it will cost us Jacobsen, which would be a huge get for NDSU if he sticks. I can't help but wonder if the complete and utter dress down Bohl did on Polasek, four times, coming back again and again to chew his ass, after the attempted punt block in the Geo Southern game had anything to do with his decision to call it a day.

I doubt it. He probably is looking at it as a great career opportunity. Good luck to him.

westnodak93bison
01-12-2013, 11:07 PM
If he leaves I hope it was on good terms. Wouldn't mind seeing him back here some day.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SamsRams
01-12-2013, 11:28 PM
With Tanguay on the fence it may have an effect.

Really?? You are going to state a ridiculous fear monger opinion and pass it off as fact? Please provide a link to somewhere stating Tanguay is on the fence. Some goofball at wissports saying he received a new offer, is not the same as saying he may not commit to NDSU.

Every player could be considered on the fence since none have signed. That goes for every school in the nation

Kujava23
01-12-2013, 11:44 PM

Hope not, in the heat of the game, sometimes lose your cool---It just sounds like a promotion for him

Grizzled
01-12-2013, 11:52 PM
Really?? You are going to state a ridiculous fear monger opinion and pass it off as fact? Please provide a link to somewhere stating Tanguay is on the fence. Some goofball at wissports saying he received a new offer, is not the same as saying he may not commit to NDSU.

Every player could be considered on the fence since none have signed. That goes for every school in the nation

Well, since he does not appear to be a solid verbal, losing the coach who recruited him may have an affect. Its not that big of a reach. I would say the same for all the Wisconsin D-linemen. They are talented and may have have another door open to them.

You do a good job with the recruiting stuff man but your fucking blow ups are hilarious. Yes, I'm going to take both Travis's word for it and both the NDSU coaches words who I have spoken to about it.

Mr. Burgundy
01-13-2013, 12:13 AM
Well, since he does not appear to be a solid verbal, losing the coach who recruited him may have an affect. Its not that big of a reach. I would say the same for all the Wisconsin D-linemen. They are talented and may have have another door open to them.

You do a good job with the recruiting stuff man but your fucking blow ups are hilarious. Yes, I'm going to take both Travis's word for it and both the NDSU coaches words who I have spoken to about it.

This is what I know, because there are a few things on this thread that are very inaccurate. He had been here a long time and needs to get some additional experience to better his resume. This is a positive and he is very close with Bohl. They had a great talk and he isn't chasing his Wisconsin recruits to Northern Illinios who is "full." The Wisconsin kids have confirmed they are Bison today and having "a blast together on campus." Follow Tanguay on Twitter, he is loving it. A couple others come next week. They speech was made that they committed to be a part of NDSU, and Bisonnation, not just one great coach.

I wanted to personally say THANK YOU to Tim. What a great person, an amazing coach, and I hope we can find someone to replace his position with half the passion he had. He once told me a recruiting story about Crockett and i had to pretend I had alergies....powerful. Guy can motivate. Best of luck!!!! He won't be fun to recruit against in Wisconsin in future years, as he dominates that state.

Kenny is the recruiting coordinator this year, so that is a positive. The timing of having the wisconsin kids on campus is actually great. Reconfirming their verbal to NDSU, getting to know the other kids, see the campus, etc.

tony
01-13-2013, 12:15 AM
What Burgundy said.

Good luck to Coach Polasek wherever he is coaching next year.

Mr. Burgundy
01-13-2013, 12:15 AM
One more thing, Tanguay is a solid verbal, he is just being courted heavily by the new staff at Directional Michigan. He is a huge target of our class and it is great to hear he is having a good time while here this weekend. NDSU favored by 21 if they played Western Michigan on a neutral field. Classic.

SamsRams
01-13-2013, 12:19 AM

OK since you seem to know. who is a solid verbal?
We will just go with whatever you say since you claim to know the difference

and stick to your guns. you said he was "on the fence" now you say "may have an affect." let me know which one is fact and which one you are just talking out of your ass.

bruinbison
01-13-2013, 12:57 AM
From the NIUDOGPOUND message board:

"New TE/FB Coach- Tim Polasek

From FootballScoop:
Northern Illinois: Sources tell us North Dakota State tight ends/fullbacks and special teams coordinator Tim Polasek is headed to Northern Illinois to coach tight ends/fullbacks."

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=612813

According to this message board there are 14 verbals, of which one is a grey-shirt and one a prefererred walk-on.

http://csnbbs.com/showthread.php?tid=574548

Just a reminder this is not the official NIU team site.

Grizzled
01-13-2013, 01:00 AM
OK since you seem to know. who is a solid verbal?
We will just go with whatever you say since you claim to know the difference

and stick to your guns. you said he was "on the fence" now you say "may have an affect." let me know which one is fact and which one you are just talking out of your ass.

Haha, it "may have an effect" because he got a D1 offer and is thinking about it and than the coach who has spent months recruiting him and developing a great relationship with him leaves for another opportunity. I know your an "insider" when it comes to recruiting but I may have a couple people I talk to as well who knew they had to knock it out of the park this weekend with him on campus. Apparently he has been open with the coaches about some other options. Plus, do you think any coach wants to lose one of their top two recruiters 3 weeks before signing day?

SamsRams
01-13-2013, 01:19 AM
Haha, it "may have an effect" because he got a D1 offer and is thinking about it and than the coach who has spent months recruiting him and developing a great relationship with him leaves for another opportunity. I know your an "insider" when it comes to recruiting but I may have a couple people I talk to as well who knew they had to knock it out of the park this weekend with him on campus. Apparently he has been open with the coaches about some other options. Plus, do you think any coach wants to lose one of their top two recruiters 3 weeks before signing day?

I am far from an insider and have never claimed to be one. I stick with facts and things I can link. When I feel something is an opinion on recruiting I state so and when I have no proof of my claims I say so. I am not a coach groupie and do not talk with them. I get my info from working hard by using search engines and searching social media.

All of what you said in this post about Tanguay I agree with 100% and if you came out and said that we wouldnt have this back an forth.

Yes losing Polasek could hurt any recruit from Wisconsin kids to Nebraska kids. I just felt is was unfair to single out Tanguay and state he is on the fence based on wissports saying he had a new offer. IMO no one is a solid verbal. Things can always change and until signing day the coaches need to work hard to keep all the verbals

Grizzled
01-13-2013, 01:36 AM
I am far from an insider and have never claimed to be one. I stick with facts and things I can link. When I feel something is an opinion on recruiting I state so and when I have no proof of my claims I say so. I am not a coach groupie and do not talk with them. I get my info from working hard by using search engines and searching social media.

All of what you said in this post about Tanguay I agree with 100% and if you came out and said that we wouldnt have this back an forth.

Yes losing Polasek could hurt any recruit from Wisconsin kids to Nebraska kids. I just felt is was unfair to single out Tanguay and state he is on the fence based on wissports saying he had a new offer. IMO no one is a solid verbal. Things can always change and until signing day the coaches need to work hard to keep all the verbals

Well, I knew what I wanted to type. Obviously didn't come across clear. Now, IN MY OPINION, it could be an interesting couple weeks for some of those Wisconsin kids. They are so talented and as things start to shake out with some of the larger schools it could filter their way. Again, that is only my opinion and I have no link to back any of it up.

CaBisonFan
01-13-2013, 02:43 AM
Bison are better than NIU. Hope he's getting paid more and gets experience to move on.

tolnabison
01-13-2013, 02:45 AM
Bison are better than NIU. Hope he's getting paid more and gets experience to move on. NIU played in a BCS bowl this year against Florida State.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2013, 02:52 AM
We are slightly ahead of Northern Illinois in the final Sagarin ratings which tells me we are a better program because we did it with fewer scholarships.

tolnabison
01-13-2013, 03:04 AM
I'm not saying we're not a better program. I just stating that they played in the Orange Bowl last season. Probably get a little more exposure than us after it. Polasek is joining a program that might be on the rise and can recruit Wisconsin kids to Chicago.

HerdBot
01-13-2013, 03:06 AM
Grizzled has never been right about anything and is a UND troll. Don't believe me? Read his prior posts.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2013, 03:11 AM
I'm not saying we're not a better program. I just stating that they played in the Orange Bowl last season. Probably get a little more exposure than us after it. Polasek is joining a program that might be on the rise and can recruit Wisconsin kids to Chicago.

Agree they are a program on the rise in a great recruiting area.

CaBisonFan
01-13-2013, 03:18 AM
NIU played in a BCS bowl this year against Florida State.

Watched the whole game.

56BISON73
01-13-2013, 03:30 AM
Grizzled has never been right about anything and is a UND troll. Don't believe me? Read his prior posts.

I dont take too kindly to you calling a former player a UND troll.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2013, 03:30 AM
NIU played in a BCS bowl this year against Florida State.
as weird as it sounds...NIU and NDSU is a pick em according to the predictor...

JMB
01-13-2013, 03:39 AM

Fire Bohl, Save Polasek

HerdBot
01-13-2013, 03:40 AM
I dont take too kindly to you calling a former player a UND troll.

Let me modify... hes never been right about anything he speculates about and posts about UND too much.

CaBisonFan
01-13-2013, 03:44 AM

....agreed....

56BISON73
01-13-2013, 03:49 AM
Let me modify... hes never been right about anything he speculates about and posts about UND too much.

This coming from you? Seriously?:rofl:

1998braves64
01-13-2013, 04:05 AM

DeKalb... and Rockford would be a lot closer and easier to get to than Chicago... although could see Chicago possibly being a draw to college age kids. Lived near DeKalb between my 2nd and 3rd year of college and worked in western suburbs... only made it downtown Chicago once, such a pain to get to, but then wasn't really attracted to the "city" life.

BlueBisonRock
01-13-2013, 04:52 AM

Grizzled is an opiniated SOB with high expectations, but is anything but a GFCCC troll. Never met him. May not always agree with him, but he shows herd all the way.

56BISON73
01-13-2013, 05:00 AM
Grizzled is a cynical SOB with high expectations, but is anything but a GFCCC troll. Never met him. May not always agree with him, but he shows herd all the way.

There is a reason he makes a post. He doesnt post just to post.

344Johnson
01-13-2013, 05:47 AM

If that had a damn thing to do with it, I have no interest in Polasek.

I assume Polasek has some big things in mind and good luck to him. As fans, we never want to lose these sort of guys, but in order to get the best guys, we need to offer a job that offers the best guys an opportunity for advancing.

344Johnson
01-13-2013, 05:59 AM

MAC programs are never on the rise. If Big Ben couldn't turn Miami into a MAC powerhouse, no one can. That is a Missouri Valley Football Conference but with 22 more schollies per team.

Good luck to Coach Polasek. I hope he represents NDSU well.

IzzyFlexion
01-13-2013, 06:07 AM
This is what I know, because there are a few things on this thread that are very inaccurate. He had been here a long time and needs to get some additional experience to better his resume. This is a positive and he is very close with Bohl. They had a great talk and he isn't chasing his Wisconsin recruits to Northern Illinios who is "full." The Wisconsin kids have confirmed they are Bison today and having "a blast together on campus." Follow Tanguay on Twitter, he is loving it. A couple others come next week. They speech was made that they committed to be a part of NDSU, and Bisonnation, not just one great coach.

I wanted to personally say THANK YOU to Tim. What a great person, an amazing coach, and I hope we can find someone to replace his position with half the passion he had. He once told me a recruiting story about Crockett and i had to pretend I had alergies....powerful. Guy can motivate. Best of luck!!!! He won't be fun to recruit against in Wisconsin in future years, as he dominates that state.

Kenny is the recruiting coordinator this year, so that is a positive. The timing of having the wisconsin kids on campus is actually great. Reconfirming their verbal to NDSU, getting to know the other kids, see the campus, etc.

Wish Polasek the best. Hire Burgundy. Save three peat hopes.
<thanks again for the BB tic>

A1pigskin
01-13-2013, 12:54 PM
Other schools look to successful programs and coaches. I hope he got some good $$$$.

bisonhp330
01-13-2013, 01:53 PM

If he cant handle getting his ass chewed he doesn't belong - anywhere- and N Illinois wouldn't have hired him. One ass chewing has zero to do with him leaving- its a chance for advancement and more $$$ to boot. A big hug and kiss on the cheek from Bohl wouldn't have made him stay.

DjKyRo
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
When Bohl hired Polasek he was working part-time as a lumberjack or something and was desperate enough for a job that he drove twelve hours at the drop of a hat for the chance at an FCS positional coordinator spot. That generates the kind of loyalty that isn't just tossed out when Coach gives you the business. Northern Illinois has become a respectable FBS program and if Polasek has any coaching ambitions it's a logical move for him.

Wish all the best to Coach Polasek and will be rooting for the Huskies to do well next season.

Kermit
01-13-2013, 04:22 PM
He was our recruiting coordinator as well and was one of the coaches the players really trusted and rallied around. Was a bigger part of rallying the troups after the 3-8 season than Bohl.

Many players love Polasek. There is no doubt that he is a big loss. So first, I want to thank Coach P for his many great contributions to the Bison program, and wish him continued great success!

NDSU has a great program that can overcome the loss of individual players or coaches, but in this case it will have to be a team effort because Polasek is one of a kind! As for the impact on recruiting, time will tell. The recruiters are crucial for getting kids on campus. Once they visit, I think the school and the program can sell themselves quite well.

westnodak93bison
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Coach P was fun to chat with. Last year at the spring game showcase he showed me the ring. I said jc that thing is big, how the hell are you gonna fit three of those on one hand? The look on his face was priceless. Best of luck to him.

loudsilverado
01-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I hope the best for him. I am surprised because his woman is from out here, but maybe they have hopes of coming back some day. Wish them the best, nice people.

HerdBot
01-13-2013, 04:58 PM
Polasek will be missed. But so was every great Bison coach. Good luck

tony
01-13-2013, 05:57 PM
#shitcoachpsays on twitter = gold.

HerdBot
01-13-2013, 06:28 PM
I think Polosek deserves props for recruiting. He's left the program in a better position than when he got here. He could have half assed it recruiting in Wisconsin, instead he gives us 5 studs and some great walkons. Good luck and thank you

EndZoneQB
01-13-2013, 06:37 PM
I hope the best for him. I am surprised because his woman is from out here, but maybe they have hopes of coming back some day. Wish them the best, nice people.

I would bet that to be the case, unless he moves up the ladder faster than we can imagine. He needs more experience(Vigen anyone??) so this a career building thing.

A1pigskin
01-13-2013, 06:38 PM
When Bohl hired Polasek he was working part-time as a lumberjack or something and was desperate enough for a job that he drove twelve hours at the drop of a hat for the chance at an FCS positional coordinator spot. That generates the kind of loyalty that isn't just tossed out when Coach gives you the business. Northern Illinois has become a respectable FBS program and if Polasek has any coaching ambitions it's a logical move for him.

Wish all the best to Coach Polasek and will be rooting for the Huskies to do well next season.

I read somewhere this story and he very little $$$ in his pocket. My guess $10.00.

imabison
01-14-2013, 12:14 AM
I read somewhere this story and he very little $$$ in his pocket. My guess $10.00.
I recall that he said he sold a golf club to raise enough for gas money,

Happy for him, Coach Bohl will find a great replacement

56BISON73
01-14-2013, 01:52 AM

https://secure.forumcomm.com/?publisher_ID=1&article_id=343468&lookup=1&return_page=http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?26004-NDSU-assistant-Polasek-delivers-a-message-that-doesn-t-get-ignored

El_Chapo
12-13-2023, 01:19 PM
maybe thats the answer to who will be his replacement i had heard people saying that for a couple days and i thought it was polasek......anyway you are on your way tim......you came here with a few dollars in your pocket and worked your way up the ladder congratulations keep kicking ass!

Polasak has a LEGIT chance at being NDSU coach. Then Roehl gets a few more years experience under him and they are best of bud’s so that helps