PDA

View Full Version : Kids not returning

Hambone
01-11-2013, 04:54 PM
Maybe not my place to start this thread not being a Bison fan, but now is the time of year when you start hearing of kids that are transferring or leaving the team for whatever reason. Just curious as to who is not coming back for NDSU, as I saw that Burgandy noted that Sam Hahn is transferring. Any others that have been noted as not coming back?

NDSU_grad
01-11-2013, 04:59 PM
On Kolpack's twitter where he stated Hahn was transferring, he also said everybody else was there for winter workouts. Of course, a lot can change between now and spring ball.

CAS4127
01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
What position was Hahn, and what were his credentials coming in?! Scholly?!

KTF
01-11-2013, 05:11 PM
What position was Hahn, and what were his credentials coming in?! Scholly?!OL, highly decorated and if memory servbes corrctly highly sought and commited very early in the rpocess last year.

HerdBot
01-11-2013, 05:19 PM
OL, highly decorated and if memory servbes corrctly highly sought and commited very early in the rpocess last year.

Hahn was a late commit (mid Jan?) and had no other offers outside of a few D2 schools. Wanted to go to Nebraska but didn't work out. More of a project type guy with huge height but skinny. Apparently busted ass in the weight room. Doesn't mean he's not good without mega offers but we are stacked on the oline. Wish him well at Nebraska

BadlandsBison
01-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Joe Lund will not be returning. He left on good terms :)

Bison"FANatic"
01-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Joe Lund will not be returning. He left on good terms :)

I heard his hand was weighted down with jewelry also

AjaxTheMighty
01-12-2013, 01:03 AM
Maybe not my place to start this thread not being a Bison fan, but now is the time of year when you start hearing of kids that are transferring or leaving the team for whatever reason. Just curious as to who is not coming back for NDSU, as I saw that Burgandy noted that Sam Hahn is transferring. Any others that have been noted as not coming back?

Stop pretending you don't like the Bison! Sooooo transparent.

ndsubison1
01-12-2013, 04:16 AM
On Kolpack's twitter where he stated Hahn was transferring, he also said everybody else was there for winter workouts. Of course, a lot can change between now and spring ball.

i highly doubt winter workouts have started yet. im sure they get a little time off if they choose

BisonNation11
01-12-2013, 04:19 AM
i highly doubt winter workouts have started yet. im sure they get a little time off if they choose

Agreed. I believe they start on Monday, IIRC.

loudsilverado
01-12-2013, 01:20 PM

Muss is back baby, all that matters!!!

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 01:29 PM
Those seniors not returning did a good job for the program.

HerdBot
03-29-2013, 01:38 PM
Derek Lee and Matt Jones gone. Matt had concussion problems. Not sure on Lee. He was a big signing at the time.
Kolpack tweeted a few days ago in case you missed it

Chuks and Brantley were gone a few months ago

westnodak93bison
03-29-2013, 01:48 PM
Derek Lee and Matt Jones gone. Matt had concussion problems. Not sure on Lee. He was a big signing at the time.

Where did Chunks transfer?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonNeil
03-29-2013, 02:12 PM
Derek Lee and Matt Jones gone. Matt had concussion problems. Not sure on Lee. He was a big signing at the time.Kolpack tweeted a few days ago in case you missed it

In an recent Forum article by Kolpack it was mentioned that the 2011 class now only has 9 of the original signees left out of 20 now that Jones and Lee have left. Of course, that class was the first one signed after making a deep playoff run and it continues to be a challenge to effectively recruit while winning championships. Bohl said they are continually re-examining how they handle that. But I think this quote by Bohl is very telling:

“I do think it’s surprising sometimes when you’re chasing championships at the level of commitment that is required to win championships,” he said. “It’s a high bar. And quite frankly, that’s not a price some guys are willing to pay. I know this: we can’t lower the bar. We cannot lower the bar and the bar will not be lowered.”

My guess is that Lee did not want to pay the price. Which is too bad, he was getting some quality snaps late in the season, even more than Tyler Nelson.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/394588/group/Sports/

HerdBot
03-29-2013, 02:32 PM
In an recent Forum article by Kolpack it was mentioned that the 2011 class now only has 9 of the original signees left out of 20 now that Jones and Lee have left. Of course, that class was the first one signed after making a deep playoff run and it continues to be a challenge to effectively recruit while winning championships. Bohl said they are continually re-examining how they handle that. But I think this quote by Bohl is very telling:

“I do think it’s surprising sometimes when you’re chasing championships at the level of commitment that is required to win championships,” he said. “It’s a high bar. And quite frankly, that’s not a price some guys are willing to pay. I know this: we can’t lower the bar. We cannot lower the bar and the bar will not be lowered.”

My guess is that Lee did not want to pay the price. Which is too bad, he was getting some quality snaps late in the season, even more than Tyler Nelson.

Polar opposite of the 09 and 10 classes that had little or no attrition. The good news is we picked up some great walkons that year to offset the losses. Also our last 2 classes look incredible. Just hang on to the rest and we will be poised to make title runs over the next 4 years

devin45k
03-29-2013, 02:39 PM
This is somewhat concerning. The level has been raised and some people cant handle it.

td577
03-29-2013, 04:29 PM
I think the difference in pressure to win comes by going further than telling a kid he is going to contribute to winning. Here they are being told each is responsible for winning. That distinction puts tremendous pressure on each individual on the roster and I would guess, some are not mentally ready to accept that challenge.

There are many college recruits that want to play for a winning program. They want to come in and show they can compete at this level. But to tell him he is individually responsible for winning? That is the program built here. It is a whole other level of commitment.

Mr. Burgundy
03-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Lee had some family stuff to attend to and went home from what I understand. This is not sour grapes, but he wasn't as good as advertised after he added some big boy weight. He wasn't fast enough to really make a difference. Sounds like a terrific kid, wish him the best.

Bisonator98
03-29-2013, 05:21 PM
I think the difference in pressure to win comes by going further than telling a kid he is going to contribute to winning. Here they are being told each is responsible for winning. That distinction puts tremendous pressure on each individual on the roster and I would guess, some are not mentally ready to accept that challenge.

There are many college recruits that want to play for a winning program. They want to come in and show they can compete at this level. But to tell him he is individually responsible for winning? That is the program built here. It is a whole other level of commitment.

Exactly. We need those kids who want the ball when the game is on the line. Who want to compete and put it all out their for their teammates every snap. The kids who just want to play and take home their participation awards can head north!

FarSouth Bison
03-29-2013, 06:05 PM
Was Brantley the kid from AZ, who was a running back?

westnodak93bison
03-29-2013, 06:50 PM
Was Brantley the kid from AZ, who was a running back?

No. DB

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

huskerfanbisonfan
03-29-2013, 10:33 PM
Hahn was a late commit (mid Jan?) and had no other offers outside of a few D2 schools. Wanted to go to Nebraska but didn't work out. More of a project type guy with huge height but skinny. Apparently busted ass in the weight room. Doesn't mean he's not good without mega offers but we are stacked on the oline. Wish him well at Nebraska

I saw Hahn's name on the current Nebraska spring game roster.

KSBisonFan
02-16-2015, 02:20 PM

Lee had some family stuff to attend to and went home from what I understand. This is not sour grapes, but he wasn't as good as advertised after he added some big boy weight. He wasn't fast enough to really make a difference. Sounds like a terrific kid, wish him the best.

Had noticed Derek Lee tweeted Brock about his signing in the CFL and made me curious. Looks like Lee was at Butler County Juco here in KS this past season and committed to Bowling Green for the upcoming season:

http://www.butlergrizzlies.com/sports/fball/2014-15/bios/lee_derek_bcn7

http://bgsufalcons.com/news/2015/2/4/FB_0204154800.aspx

ndsubison1
02-16-2015, 04:14 PM
Good for him. Bowling Green has a solid coach. Wish him the best.