PDA

View Full Version : 740 the fan: Tune in now

tony
01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a good show... better tune in.

EightyfourBison
01-10-2013, 05:03 PM
Scotty Miller on 740 now

tony
01-10-2013, 05:26 PM
Scotty Miller on 740 now

Good show... some interesting stuff so far (e.g. Taylor talking about the dangers of regionalization.)

Is this a repeat show? I mean, was Bison Feedback on last night and are they repeating it today?

CAS4127
01-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Good show... some interesting stuff so far (e.g. Taylor talking about the dangers of regionalization.)

Is this a repeat show? I mean, was Bison Feedback on last night and are they repeating it today?

Yes-->repeat.

tony
01-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Yes-->repeat.

Hats off for them for doing that.

dragonsfan
01-10-2013, 05:36 PM
This should be on everyday at noon. Great stuff

EndZoneQB
01-10-2013, 05:55 PM
Sounds like this is going to be a good show... better tune in.

Missed it. Details?

MankatoBison
01-10-2013, 06:38 PM

Right?? The sound of regionalization sounded really nice to me, but he brought up some really good points... That being said, I bet it would make the opening rounds more enticing to the regional fans though. That would basically guarantee We would play UND... if they ever would make it into the playoffs....soooo really doubtful haha

bisonaudit
01-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Right?? The sound of regionalization sounded really nice to me, but he brought up some really good points... That being said, I bet it would make the opening rounds more enticing to the regional fans though. That would basically guarantee We would play UND... if they ever would make it into the playoffs....soooo really doubtful haha

Regionalization is a bad idea. It's DII all over again.

NDSUstudent
01-10-2013, 07:03 PM
I'm all for the FBS if regionalization like DII is the future. Not much of difference between a stupid bowl game or a stupid flawed playoff system.

tony
01-10-2013, 07:25 PM

Conference first-round rematches were always very poorly attended in the D2 days. Cripes, NDSU at UND only got something like five or six thousand - of course, that was up at Grand Forks.

I'll be on the FBS bandwagon the day the FCS goes to a regional playoff system (and this is from a guy who thinks that the FCS, as it exists now, is a perfect fit for NDSU football.)

bisonaudit
01-10-2013, 07:40 PM
Conference first-round rematches were always very poorly attended in the D2 days. Cripes, NDSU at UND only got something like five or six thousand - of course, that was up at Grand Forks.

I'll be on the FBS bandwagon the day the FCS goes to a regional playoff system (and this is from a guy who thinks that the FCS, as it exists now, is a perfect fit for NDSU football.)

The other thing to watch out for and the reason that the alarm is being raised (SDSU much) is defacto regionalism as a result of skewed polls and/or an opaque playoff selection process. This was the case for a long time in DII where the national poll was, with few exceptions, effectively a slotting together of 4 regional polls.

SDbison
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
I'm all for the FBS if regionalization like DII is the future. Not much of difference between a stupid bowl game or a stupid flawed playoff system. I agree 100%......is the NCAA totally brain dead?

BisonNation11
01-10-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm all for the FBS if regionalization like DII is the future. Not much of difference between a stupid bowl game or a stupid flawed playoff system.

Just a possible 3-4 extra games to be a part of, with the culmination of all that a "bowl game" atmosphere for a championship.

BadlandsBison
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
I agree 100%......is the NCAA totally brain dead?

I have to ask if the ncaa actually listens to the schools it makes rules for or just decides what is best themselves. Are ncaa decision makers not allowed to have any current affiliation with a university or conference?

Maybe its a silly question, but that would make sense if they can't. They give a "disconnected" vibe sometimes.

IndyBison
01-10-2013, 08:10 PM
I have to ask if the ncaa actually listens to the schools it makes rules for or just decides what is best themselves. Are ncaa decision makers not allowed to have any current affiliation with a university or conference?

Maybe its a silly question, but that would make sense if they can't. They give a "disconnected" vibe sometimes.
The NCAA is the schools. It's a membership organization of the schools. The NCAA staff only implements the plans and policies of the membership. I'm not sure how much they get into the weeds on something like this but I'm sure there is at least a review from a representation of the membership before it's implemented. I didn't the details but if it's 6 teams each from 4 regions, the schools in regions where their #3 would be lower than another region's #6 team would probably be all for it because it gives them a better shot to be in the playoffs.

heckler
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM

NCAA and everyone else who doesn't follow FCS thinks FCS is just a glorified DII anyways.

BadlandsBison
01-10-2013, 10:14 PM
The NCAA is the schools. It's a membership organization of the schools. The NCAA staff only implements the plans and policies of the membership. I'm not sure how much they get into the weeds on something like this but I'm sure there is at least a review from a representation of the membership before it's implemented. I didn't the details but if it's 6 teams each from 4 regions, the schools in regions where their #3 would be lower than another region's #6 team would probably be all for it because it gives them a better shot to be in the playoffs.

I understand the ncaa is "the schools" but there seems to be a big disconnect. I guess my question is how would, say, NDSU voice it's opinion on something like regionalization since NDSU is a member? Do they make decisions based on University consensus or what the NCAA thinks is best?

Herd
01-10-2013, 10:50 PM
The current DI FCS playoff format does not have Regionalization like DII, but it does have the 300 mile drive rule which gives it some level of Area-ization. (See applicability of Area-ization Rule* below)

* Area-ization applies unless you are in the CAA, Socon, a Montana School, or baiscally anywhere east of the Mississippi in conferences other than the MVFC. Area-ization is null and void is these cases. Area-ization is also applied more liberally to schools who have been at the DI level for less the 10 years, and who specifically won a NC in 2011.

NDSU1980
01-11-2013, 12:02 AM
Right?? The sound of regionalization sounded really nice to me, but he brought up some really good points... That being said, I bet it would make the opening rounds more enticing to the regional fans though. That would basically guarantee We would play UND... if they ever would make it into the playoffs....soooo really doubtful hahaI doubt we'll ever meet up with them in the playoffs. Heck, they can't even get over .500 playing a d2 schedule, and assuming they ever do make the playoffs, they won't be a seeded team, so they will be playing the first round, and getting beat. We'll have the bye so I don't see us ever meeting up with them. Sorry to the 5 people that actually want to play und, aka gFU (Grand Forks University).

CAS4127
01-11-2013, 01:42 AM

And the government is the people!!

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2013, 02:44 AM
And the government is the people!!

Spot on. Overruled by executive order.

344Johnson
01-11-2013, 04:45 AM
Regionalizing sounds ridiculous. If the two best teams are NDSU and UNI, they should not be matched up.

BisoninNWMN
01-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Regionalizing sounds ridiculous. If the two best teams are NDSU and UNI, they should not be matched up.

Agreed, regionalization is complete bull**it.

We would be playing the same teams (MV and Big Sky) in our 1st game and 2nd game.

Now if we had the OV in our region....:biggrin:

NDSU1980
01-11-2013, 12:32 PM
Regionalizing sounds ridiculous. If the two best teams are NDSU and UNI, they should not be matched up.If both are seeded teams, I'd say the Regionalization won't happen. The bigger question is, when will UNI ever be one of the best teams? :D