PDA

View Full Version : Games you attended and best memories of 2012-13 season.

17>1
01-10-2013, 03:22 AM
I was going to start a poll with options 15 to 0 for amount of games attended, but I'm on my phone at work so this will have to do. Tell us how many games out of 15 you were able to attend and your personal favorite moments at those games. I was able to make it to 13, by far the most Bison football I've ever seen in person during a season. Break is over right now so I'll share my favorite moments of this season later. Go Bison!!

BISONBRI53
01-10-2013, 03:34 AM
Made it to 11 games this year... USD was fun. Got to meet up with an old buddy and got to remind him of what Bison football is and was always about. GSU was awesome! Friday night tailgating was awesome! The game almost killed me! Frisco was cool! Got to spend another season hanging out with my dad and watch the Bison win it all like I did when I was a kid and I would get to tag along with him.

344Johnson
01-10-2013, 03:35 AM
All home games. Plus Texas trip, CSU game, USD game.

Favorite game. GaSo game.

Favorite moment. Brock 4th down TD.

Hands down.

North Side
01-10-2013, 03:36 AM
For me both GSU games were the best games I saw all season. Both 2011 and 2012 were intense!

westnodak93bison
01-10-2013, 03:37 AM
11. All home games plus Colorado St and the natty.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

SportsLover
01-10-2013, 03:50 AM
I was able to make it to 13 games this season again. Colorado St was a great trip, the pep fest, tailgating and the game in whole was a awesome experience. Tailgating at UNI was awesome. A few friends and I played a couple games of tippy cup vs some UNI fans which we won of course. Met other UNI fans as well that were great hosts. The GSU game was probably one of the top games ive ever attended. This season as a whole was full of great times and memories.

Bison03
01-10-2013, 03:59 AM
Only made it to the 9 home games but all were awesome. Favorite moment: GSU, 4th down, with the season on the line, know that if we get stuffed, we lose, if we get a td, we probably win and go back to Frisco. The dome went from being as quiet as a funeral to the loudest I have heard it in ther in a matter of seconds. By far the greatest game ever played in the FFD.

sambini
01-10-2013, 04:05 AM
Made it to 14 games. Missed the Missouri State game was out in Seattle. Went to Seahawks-Vikings game and got on the sideline pregame. Thanks Gus and Todd... It has been a great year.. GSU game was unreal.. but driving to Frisco and seeing all the fans along the way . Enjoying time with family and great friends at the National Championship was priceless..

reformedUNDfan
01-10-2013, 04:11 AM
youngstown, wofford, frisco

TbonZach
01-10-2013, 04:42 AM
I made it to all of the home games, plus CSU and USD.

My favourite game was CSU because 1) it's an FBS team (always fun) and 2) I spent a week with a friend whom I hadn't seen in a few years.

I have two favourite in-game moments. First was the GSU 4th and goal - my blood pressure went through the roof leading up to that. Second was the team keeping the Marker.

56BISON73
01-10-2013, 04:45 AM
Missed Mo state and Ill state. Good times? Too many to mention.

jimmyptubas
01-10-2013, 05:00 AM
I bookended this season. Made it to home opener and frisco. Sadly only 1 game at the dome this year...something that will have to be remedied. I wanted to go to GSU game as i did last year but when you can plan ahead because you don't know whether it will be a saturday game or a friday night game...that makes it almost impossible for me. Alas, I watched from afar. I agree with sambini...i love road trips and it was awesome that this season culminated in a great road trip; something i missed out on last year. And to think it all hinged on 1 little 4th & 3?!

onbison09
01-10-2013, 05:12 AM
Natty. And I would say GSU but just to be original Youngstown since we stomped them so bad and I was expecting a tight one

NDSUBowler
01-10-2013, 05:23 AM
I technically lived in Phoenix this year (when i wasnt on road) and somehow made it to 6 NDSU games. Robert Morris, YSU, SIU, @USD, GSU and Frisco! Really happy i was able to see what i saw...picked a great crop of games to see

-raising of the NC banner
-smashing of what we though would have been our toughest rival in YSU
-a squeaker over SIU
-turning SF into a Fargo suburb to crush USD
-best game in FD history (imo)
-back to back championships!!!!

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 05:35 AM
spring game + every home game regular season plus playoffs + USD + Frisco Totals 11 games plus spring game
Favorite games were Robert Morris (banner but 2nd half was a dud), Youngstown, SDSU regular season, Wofford, and Georgia Southern. Of course Frisco.
Best moments. Banner raising. Youngstown Pick six by Marcus, Bomb to Okland vs SIU, SDSU trick play, and the Brock TD vs GSA and the last defensive stand.
Rushing the field.

Best tailgate: USD and Youngstown

CaBisonFan
01-10-2013, 05:42 AM
The last minutes of the GSU game. The touchdown...and our defense doing it again.

Hammerhead
01-10-2013, 12:30 PM
We only made it to the CSU game. My best memory from that game was the safety to give us the lead and it made me feel confident that we could beat CSU after we gave up the big touchdown play early in the game. The best memory of the season was the end of the GSU game. I spent more time on the edge of my seat (or even out of my seat) than I have for any other game I've watched on TV.

Kujava23
01-10-2013, 12:39 PM
Made 11 games this year!!! Georgia Southern game was intense, we had that game won a couple of times, but was undecided till Brock ran QB draw, which i predicted prior to the 2 timeouts would be the call due to the formation. GO BISON

I also enjoyed National Championship game especially since my tickets were in Bearkat Country but BISON PRIDE soon shut up those fans when game started--had Bison Fans around us that were just as loud as the 2 or 3 times amount of Bearkat fans

MNLonghorn10
01-10-2013, 01:38 PM
All 9 home games+usd/csu

Gsu game was by far the most intense.

Funnest was probably csu/usd..always fun kickin ass on the road and being in attendance...remember how usd had more penalty yards than total yards? lulz

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Binford30
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
10 games
Most intense- GSU
Most fun to watch - YSU ass kicking
Favorite play- Ryan Smith inside hand off run for a td hiding behind the line against Wofford

Professor Chaos
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
Made 13 games this year, all but MSU and IlSU. My top 5:

1. Frisco - can't beat watching the team win a title in person.
2. GSU - the most nervous I've been watching a Bison game, maybe ever, but definitely since the red turf.
3. SDSU playoff game - the Bunnies were feeling pretty good about themselves coming off their stomping of EIU and their moral victory in the dome a few weeks before only to have their season crushed.
4. Youngstown - simply a dismantling and the best complete game the Bison played all year.
5. UNI - loved winning at their place and pissing off their more sensitive fans.

Honorable mention goes to CSU, great 7 hours of tailgating in a beautiful place.

JSUBison
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I made it up for the PV A&M game. Not much drama in the game but there were a couple plays I liked. Zach Vraa carry a PV defender 20 yards into the endzone was amazing and one of those plays that you knew was going to be on the season highlight reel. Vraa didn't even know the guy was hanging on him I don't think. It was like that infamous clip of Jeff Van Gundy hanging onto Alonzo Mourning's leg during a NBA game a while back.

I think the best moment in that game wasn't a flashy play. Seeing Nate Moody get his first TD catch for the Bison. Nate isn't the fastest or have the stickiest hands on the team, but he busts ass and doesn't quit.

missingnumber7
01-10-2013, 03:01 PM
Only made the CSU game, damn weather for SDSU game. I have to agree with the safety at that game. I turned to the CSU fan next to me and said watch this 2 points.

HandoEX
01-10-2013, 04:09 PM
Made it to 12 of the 15 games...all home games, 2 road games, and the Natty. Same as 2011 :)

TAILG8R
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Only made the CSU game, damn weather for SDSU game. I have to agree with the safety at that game. I turned to the CSU fan next to me and said watch this 2 points.

Similar experience for me. I turned to the loud obnoxious CSU college kid behind me and said "This is where we get a safety" and wham, safety. Good stuff.

SDbison
01-10-2013, 04:36 PM
Missed Mo state and Ill state. Good times? Too many to mention. Same here.....made it to 13 games this season (record for me), and as usual had a great time with Bison Nation, my extended family! Mentally and physically worn out after each game. Saddest moment was losing to Indiana State. Also saddened every game when last bottle of jag ran dry.

BisonAccountant44
01-10-2013, 04:46 PM
Made it to 10. Missed the PV A&M game, and made it to Frisco. Obviously being in Frisco was a highlight. It was great to be able to bring have my uncle whose lived in Houston for the last 30 years up for his first college game. He's been a Texan season ticket holder since they started and has been to a game in most every NFL stadium, but somehow had never been to a college game.

Even though we lost, ISU-b was great to bring my nephew to his first Bison game. He loved every second of it, and is almost always wearing something Bison now. Even when he's not, he's still either in green or gold.

Other than that, just being able to see my friends at each game, having an excuse to drive to Fargo to cheer on the Bison and party like the old days a few times a year is great no matter what, but the fact that the Bison were normally dominating while all that was going on was just icing on the cake.

bisonmike2
01-11-2013, 03:14 PM
I made it to one, the USD game. My best memory is going down to the concessions and buying a beer.

Me - "I'll take 2 Mich golden lights"
Consessionist - "That'll be $10 bucks"
Me - "A piece. What a f*cking rip off! You guys are a$$holes for gouging us Bison fans like that."
Consessionist - "No sir, total."
Me - "Oh. Sorry. Really? Only $5 a piece? My bad."

Bison bison
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Being sick as a dog listening to the Georgia Southern game on the radio (first home game missed since returning to ND in 2004).

I had our Frisco tickets ready to post on Stub Hub as Jensen ran in for the winning score.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
The most intense game I've ever witnessed was this season against Georgia Southern. The our fans were nuts especially in the last quarter. I will never forget looking up from my seat in Sect 17 and seeing two older ladies screaming for all they were worth before a play late in the fourth. Awesome.

GRAFTONBISON
01-11-2013, 04:07 PM
Made it to Frisco all home games except SIU.

Best part was the fact that it is the first year we had season tickets for our two boys. Thankful we didn't try wait till next year as we would be SOL.

Best memories

1. Watching our boys re-enact every quarter from the season in our backyard or basement.
2. The GSU game, especially our boys' tears of joy at the conclusion.
3. Entire Frisco trip.
4. Youngstown thrashing and record crowd.
5. Banner raising.

I didn't think last year could be topped, but the team and Bison Nation proved me wrong!!:cheers:

aces1180
01-11-2013, 04:28 PM
I made it to all home games, except the SDSU playoff game (new baby arrived a day earlier), in addition to going to UNI and Frisco.

My best memory was the fact that people I barely knew would comment on my Bison gear and in some cases, ask if I had extra tickets.

I'm proud of the fact that I have been a fan of this program since I was 6-years old and that after 27 years of following it, NDSU football is at the height of its popularity. I makes sitting through the 2-8 and 3-8 seasons worth it.

go_bison
01-11-2013, 07:42 PM
Went to all home games except one. Made it to CSU and Frisco. (Both CSU and Frisco seemed like home games)
Best game: Frisco
Best Play: The botched kick/2-point conversion (After that, I knew that the football gods were on our side that day)
Best Tailgate: GSU - December in Fargo. Skipping out of work to tailgate. Under the parking lot lights and the christmas lights in our tent. And just as loud and crazy as homecoming. (with more clothing and less sunlight)

BisonKO
01-11-2013, 09:12 PM
Made it to every home game except ISU/Blue. Best game by far was GSU. I'm glad I don't have heart problems or I would have left that game on a stretcher.

Gully
01-11-2013, 09:38 PM
Made it to 12 games. Frisco, UNI, Colorado State, South Dakota and all home games except Prairie View.

Favorite moments are the banner raising, safety at Colorado State, crowd at USD, Ryan Smith's Cluster**** play against SDSU, and complete takeover of Frisco, TX.

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 12:20 AM
Made all home games but one. GSU game.

BisonNation11
01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Made it to every home game except GSU (visiting the in-laws in WI), USD, and Frisco.

Favorite memory was Frisco. Didn't go last year and we more than made up for it this year!
Next would be raising the banner.
Next would be demolishing SDSU in the playoffs
Lastly would be USD game. Rough time for me personally and the distraction was greatly needed. Plus the extra tailgating hours was awesome!

BisonTeacher
01-12-2013, 12:36 AM
Made it to every home game except GSU (visiting the in-laws in WI), USD, and Frisco.

Favorite memory was Frisco. Didn't go last year and we more than made up for it this year!
Next would be raising the banner.
Next would be demolishing SDSU in the playoffs
Lastly would be USD game. Rough time for me personally and the distraction was greatly needed. Plus the extra tailgating hours was awesome!

I would agree with this. I didnt get to go last year either. People said i would regret it. Not for a minute. I have a happy healthy boy and i got to go to frisco this year instead.

I must say that part of those memories has been bisonville and meeting all you jackasses. J/k. In all seriousness meeting bisonvillers has made the games so much more fun. I really appreciate getting to know you all.

Bringing my wife to her first game since she was a bison cheerleader in the 90s.

I also enjoyed watching longhorns buddies tear into this nasty lady who yelled at them to sit down. What a bitch!

Edit...I forgot about thr van ride to frisco. 9 people in a van. Cramped. But good memories.

bisoningrandforks
01-12-2013, 10:06 AM
made it to the colorado state game....no excuse when you live 7 miles from hughes stadium.....what a great time!

daddy daycare
01-12-2013, 11:45 AM
One of my favorite plays was LeeVon Perry blowing up Zenner on the first play of the game prior to the injury.

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 01:33 PM
I put the last 2 minutes of the GSU game about as exciting as the Steve Walker pass to Heckendorf in the last seconds of the SHSU. GSU 2nd on my list, SHSU still is 1st.

KSBisonFan
01-12-2013, 01:45 PM
Made it to CSU, USD, Misery St and Frisco.
Tough to beat the scenery/setting in Fort Collins. USD was a family reunion and a great tailgate experience. Frisco was ok, again!!!!

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 01:50 PM
I forgot to mention. I did make it to Frisco.

TransAmBison
01-12-2013, 01:52 PM
USD was a family reunion!!oh yeah? Which pasture?

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 01:53 PM
oh yeah? Which pasture?

Served good alfalfa.

Jay
01-12-2013, 02:04 PM
I've been to 25 of the games the past two seasons.... been an awesome ride. Lots of memories. My buddies have started this tradition of using the D1 games as reunions. Gong shows. Colorado State this year was probably my favorite road trip (other than Frisco). Denver, brewery tours and like 7 hours of tailgating. Just great times. 7 hours is just about the right amount of time for our group... USD proved that as 9-10 hours of pre-football partying may have been to much!

KSBisonFan
01-12-2013, 02:18 PM
oh yeah? Which pasture?

Tony, how's your progress on deleting users? Any chance you could move that request I sent you up to the top of the pile? Thanks and Happy New Year!

b15on
01-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Made it to every single game regular season and playoffs expect for Indiana State so I'd like to apologize for ruining any perfect season hopes.

BisonTeacher
01-12-2013, 02:32 PM
Made it to every single game regular season and playoffs expect for Indiana State so I'd like to apologize for ruining any perfect season hopes.

That game was not your fault. It was our penance for buying championship tickets. I think a lot of us bought them that week prior to that game and angered the football gods. We ended up appeasing the gods by apologizing for our mistake and offered up Gabe and Gully as sacrifices.

A1pigskin
01-13-2013, 01:18 PM
Having my family with me was a lot of fun. My wife gets really loud.

MNLonghorn10
01-13-2013, 03:26 PM
Having my family with me was a lot of fun. My wife gets really loud.
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/tee-ball.jpg

IzzyFlexion
01-14-2013, 02:47 AM
http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Everyone%20Else/images-3/tee-ball.jpg

Don't look at me.
I don't know the dude.
I got standards ya know.

17>1
01-19-2013, 06:11 AM
Made it to 13 games this season. All home and Colo St, UNI, USD, Frisco. My dad was with me at all 13 of those games as well. Really tough to pick any clearcut favorites, besides Frisco.
I always get a little more jacked up and excited about our FBS games. I've been to all 3 Minnesota games, Iowa St., Wyoming, and now Colorado State. Beautiful weather out there, great pics from the rocks of Bison nation pregaming it. Great game, except for the injury to Colton Heagle. Really enjoyed watching Grant Olson chase guys down in that game, was very impressed with his speed. Brock and the receivers were very on that day, especially Trevor and Zach.
YSU game was probably my favorite regular season home game. Early season top 5 matchup. Absolutely destroyed them. Scored in all sorts of ways.
Georgia Southern, favorite home playoff game. SDSU game Smith Trick play was sweeeeeet. Wofford I enjoyed because that FB was fun to watch play football. But the GSU game was extra special. Playing for a chance to go back to Frisco. Same tough opponent in the Semi's. ESPN game under the Friday night lights. Had to literally run out of the dome immediately after Brock scored on the 4 & 3 because I had to go back to work by 10:15. Listened to the rest of it on the radio. Went back to work and put in a leave request for Jan. 3rd-6th.
UNI was fun, enjoyed seeing the Bison get their first win in Cedar Falls in a while.
We actually left USD early in the 4th. 1 play for their offense in our territory, for the ENTIRE GAME? That's the area of the field right past the 50 YARD LINE? We got hungry, so we split.......when it was like GAZILLION to 0.
Frisco was a blast!! Great game!!