PDA

View Full Version : Brock's 20yd td run

westnodak93bison
01-10-2013, 03:09 AM
Watched the game again tonight. Announcers said more than once that it was a "broken" play? I don't think so. What say you?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonFan02
01-10-2013, 03:11 AM
Watched the game again tonight. Announcers said more than once that it was a "broken" play? I don't think so. What say you?

Definately broken play. Brock was looking for a RB that wasn't there.

1998braves64
01-10-2013, 03:12 AM
Scott Miller also said it was a broken play in his call...

17>1
01-10-2013, 03:16 AM
Without having the replay in front of me, I for sure think it was a busted play. IIRC, Grothman goes right, the TB goes left and Brock turns around with his arm stretched out for a handoff. His decision making ability to run is great and I love how he runs with a purpose.

BISONBRI53
01-10-2013, 03:37 AM
Boken play.

(10 rings) (see what I did there?)

Bison03
01-10-2013, 04:01 AM
I suppose your going to suggest that the 2 point conversion was a broken play too, huh.

MAKBison
01-10-2013, 04:05 AM
I think it was a BP. What do the initial blocking assignments suggest? Without asking some one in the now thats your best bet.

SamsRams
01-10-2013, 04:26 AM
I think Brock opened up wrong. Looked to me like a pitch to Crockett heading towards the NDSU sideline. Watch it again and you will see he had tons of run in front of him also

Snorty
01-10-2013, 05:06 AM
I thought it looked designed because Crockett didn't show any hesitation like he expected the ball. He made the key block on the run. If it was a fake it did look kinda goofy so it's tough to say. Crockett definitely looked like a blocker on the play though

Herd
01-10-2013, 05:11 AM
Either Brock or Crock messed up, hard to tell. Kudos to Brock for being decisive and running hard. You see a lot of QBs panick or take a knee in similar situations.

Didnt Crock go right and Brock left for TD?

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 05:23 AM
Without having the replay in front of me, I for sure think it was a busted play. IIRC, Grothman goes right, the TB goes left and Brock turns around with his arm stretched out for a handoff. His decision making ability to run is great and I love how he runs with a purpose.

looked like it was supposed to be an option play. Glad he didn't pitch it since nobody was there. Like your new handle. Next year it may be 11>1

17>1
01-10-2013, 06:01 AM
looked like it was supposed to be an option play. Glad he didn't pitch it since nobody was there. Like your new handle. Next year it may be 11>1

I could certainly get used to 11>1, has a nice "ring" to it.

BisonNation11
01-10-2013, 10:38 AM
Totally a designed play! Groth goes right, fake pitch to Crockett, Turner blocks out, Lee blocks in, Crockett goes through hole first and blocks out, Lund pulls behind Crockett and blocks inside, Brock follows both and makes it happen. NCAA.com replay guy calls it a fake pitch/run. Great design on that play.

tjbison
01-10-2013, 11:53 AM
I thought it looked designed because Crockett didn't show any hesitation like he expected the ball. He made the key block on the run. If it was a fake it did look kinda goofy so it's tough to say. Crockett definitely looked like a blocker on the play though

Exactly, Crockett went right for a block didn't even look for the ball, if it was a broken play fire Vigen save next season

moundbz
01-10-2013, 12:02 PM
Who cares, we champs!!!

gumby013
01-10-2013, 12:40 PM
To me it looked like a variation on the QB keeper to the left play they ran against GSU four or five times.

jtownbisonfan
01-10-2013, 12:51 PM
I suppose your going to suggest that the 2 point conversion was a broken play too, huh.

Perfectly executed, start to finish. It's all a mind game making you THINK that it was a botched PAT/broken play for the TD.

TransAmBison
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
Designed play, no doubt about it.

bisonmike2
01-10-2013, 01:23 PM
Much like the 2 point conversion play, it was the perfect designed play.

TransAmBison
01-10-2013, 01:27 PM
Much like the 2 point conversion play, it was the perfect designed play.Well duh, Vigen telegraphed the play to us. Couldn't you see what they were going to do by the formation? Newb.

bisonsupporter
01-10-2013, 01:29 PM
It was a designed option to the left. Grothman either lined up wrong or forgot to do the fake. Jensen rolled out to the left, Crockett saw an opening and said screw the pitch, I'm blocking. Jensen had to make 1 guy miss then walk into the endzone. I can see how it looked like a busted play, because the fake handoff was so poor.

bisontown
01-10-2013, 01:32 PM
Designed play, no doubt about it. Crockett was not looking for the ball at all, he had one thing on his mind and that was blocking. Brock has one thing on his mind and that was to run with the ball. The lineman pulled and kicked out to perfection. Brock has a one-on-one match up with the safety, beat him and got into the endzone. No way was that a broken play.

Bison 4 Life
01-10-2013, 01:40 PM
Designed play, no doubt about it. Crockett was not looking for the ball at all, he had one thing on his mind and that was blocking. Brock has one thing on his mind and that was to run with the ball. The lineman pulled and kicked out to perfection. Brock has a one-on-one match up with the safety, beat him and got into the endzone. No way was that a broken play.

I just watched it back, that's exactly what it looked like.

stevdock
01-10-2013, 01:55 PM

Completely agree and I think our FB went opposite to pull one LB/SS/whoever out with him. Designed play all the way.

GradBison
01-10-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm a great football mind and I laughed when the ESPN dude said broken play. That is all.

Seriously though, it didn't look that different form the designed QB runs we had throughout the season, I'm going with designed.

westnodak93bison
01-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Totally a designed play! Groth goes right, fake pitch to Crockett, Turner blocks out, Lee blocks in, Crockett goes through hole first and blocks out, Lund pulls behind Crockett and blocks inside, Brock follows both and makes it happen. NCAA.com replay guy calls it a fake pitch/run. Great design on that play.

I agree.

BISONFANAJ
01-10-2013, 02:25 PM
It was a designed play. Scott Miller also called it a broken play, but Steve Walker even said that it was totally designed that way to throw off the D. You can really tell it was designed because Crockett went straight to a defender for a block.

tony
01-10-2013, 02:34 PM
I'm 100% cereal here - Brock is our best open field runner.

BisonNation11
01-10-2013, 03:12 PM
I agree.

Well at least someone 2 pages later found my post useful! :biggrin: All I could do is face palm all the ones that almost copied what I said.

GradBison
01-10-2013, 04:03 PM
Well at least someone 2 pages later found my post useful! :biggrin: All I could do is face palm all the ones that almost copied what I said.

Rest that arm some, let me pat you on the back. ;)

Thunder_Struck
01-10-2013, 04:19 PM
Lund took our 3 guys with his block! I would guess it was designed play, but would like to here what the players or coaches say.

BisonNation11
01-10-2013, 06:08 PM
Rest that arm some, let me pat you on the back. ;)

Lol! Thanks, but my physical therapist would probably appreciate me using my arm a little more!

tony
01-10-2013, 08:02 PM
Lund took our 3 guys with his block! I would guess it was designed play, but would like to here what the players or coaches say.

Lund took out two guys. His beard got the other one.

Bison"FANatic"
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
Coaches talked about it at Teammakers. It was designed to be a Brock run but Crockett did not do the fake pitch and went and laid a block. So half designed half broken.

CarringtonBison
01-10-2013, 09:15 PM
designed play

$0.02

coloradobison
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Designed Vigen Gold!

BisonAccountant44
01-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Coaches talked about it at Teammakers. It was designed to be a Brock run but Crockett did not do the fake pitch and went and laid a block. So half designed half broken.

Crockett for offensive coordinator!

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 10:31 PM
I'm a great football mind and I laughed when the ESPN dude said broken play. That is all.

Seriously though, it didn't look that different form the designed QB runs we had throughout the season, I'm going with designed.

If it was designed it was certainly a fugly play that worked. I think it was designed but improvised. Next time there is a talk show somone should call in and ask! :)

BisonNation11
01-11-2013, 01:56 AM
If it was designed it was certainly a fugly play that worked. I think it was designed but improvised. Next time there is a talk show somone should call in and ask! :)

I don't understand how you think it was fugly. It was a fake pitch, more than likely to get the backside to pursue, and Crockett went straight for the block through the hole created by Turner and Lee. To me it was a well designed play that worked out perfectly. Was it because Brock one handed faked the pitch that was ugly or ???

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-11-2013, 03:13 AM
Looked designed from the getgo.

SamsRams
01-11-2013, 10:41 AM
I think Brock opened up wrong. Looked to me like a pitch to Crockett heading towards the NDSU sideline. Watch it again and you will see he had tons of run in front of him also

I was wrong almost on every point after i saw replay again. Grothman was the back all alone heading towards the sideline. I can't lie I'd love to see what he would do in space like that. I now believe it was a designed play made to look like a broken play.

TransAmBison
01-11-2013, 11:00 AM
Do you think this is Vigen's "Water Boy" moment...where he visualized and attacked? :D

runtheoption
01-11-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm 100% cereal here - Brock is our best open field runner.

Maybe we have a different definition of an open field runner...to me that is someone that beats people in a 1 on 1 situation and that can outrun everyone for a long gainer. I don't see this as Brock.

I think Brock has been the best (and not even close) on the team for 3 years in a row at being a patient runner, following his blockers, reading their block, and then having a strong burst to get himself a 10 to 40 yard run.

BisonNation11
01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
Maybe we have a different definition of an open field runner...to me that is someone that beats people in a 1 on 1 situation and that can outrun everyone for a long gainer. I don't see this as Brock.

I think Brock has been the best (and not even close) on the team for 3 years in a row at being a patient runner, following his blockers, reading their block, and then having a strong burst to get himself a 10 to 40 yard run.

I will give the Brock man this... He makes more people miss than any of our RB's out in open space.

A1pigskin
01-12-2013, 01:55 PM
Regardless, at least we scored.