PDA

View Full Version : EWU starting QB and Top WR declaring for NFL draft???

NDSUstudent
01-09-2013, 03:44 AM
Lots of talk swirling around about these two players leaving early...Kaufman destroyed SHSU in the semifinal game...

According to Neil Straton of InsideTheLeague.com, Eastern Washington receiver Brandon Kaufman has decided to forego his senior season to make the unusual jump from FCS to NFL. However, despite it being an rare move, Kaufman certainly has NFL upside that could not only warrant a draft pick, but potentially even be one of the first Small Schoolers taken.

Kaufman has been consistently impressive over his career, and despite it being rare, I've considered him a realistic candidate to declare as a junior base don his play this year. He outperformed fellow talented receiver Nick Edwards this year by a lot, and certainly has the build and body type (6'5, 215) for the NFL.

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft/articles/2013-nfl-draft-fcs-receiver-brandon-kaufman-leaving-school-early.html

Well a coach just told me Padron is gone and they are trying to talk Kaufman out of it but he is leaning. Turns out an agent got in their ears. NFL and the coaches are not backing this move if Kaufman is indeed leaving like some say. I just talked to a coach again today who told me that he didn't even know when I told him I heard he was leaving.

And I'm shocked because Kaufman told me a long time ago he was not looking to leave early. Apparently Padron wants out because he feels they aren't using him enough.

http://www.bigskyfans.com/eagles/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1616&start=40#wrap

Hambone
01-09-2013, 01:01 PM
I believe Kaufman is indeed entering the draft - hadn't heard anything about Padron though.....

Bison"FANatic"
01-09-2013, 01:45 PM
The scouts do realize that there is no defense played in the Big Sky don't they????????? Part of me really hopes UND actually puts together a serviceable defense and shows them what defense is. Then in the playoffs hopefully the committee stops pairing the Southland and the Bigsky. Kaufman looks good but another year would do him wonders.