PDA

View Full Version : ESPN2 Coverage

Putz
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
So after I finally caught up on my sleep after the great weekend, I settled down on the couch to watch the game on my DVR. I was dissappointed that they didn't start game coverage until about 12:15 because of the college bb game that ran over.

Missed the national anthem (and B52 flyover), kickoff, and most of our first drive. Yeah, I know it was just a 3 and out. Can I assume that the DVD (when released) will have everything that they missed on TV?

BisonTeacher
01-08-2013, 06:45 PM
Can I assume that the DVD (when released) will have everything that they missed on TV?

:rofl:.......................

HandoEX
01-08-2013, 06:51 PM
So after I finally caught up on my sleep after the great weekend, I settled down on the couch to watch the game on my DVR. I was dissappointed that they didn't start game coverage until about 12:15 because of the college bb game that ran over.

Missed the national anthem (and B52 flyover), kickoff, and most of our first drive. Yeah, I know it was just a 3 and out. Can I assume that the DVD (when released) will have everything that they missed on TV?
They don't sell full game DVDs. The season in review won't have it either.

Snowgoose
01-08-2013, 06:53 PM

What is weird about this is that we were switched over and saw the kickoff and first series in Bismarck (midcontinent) however we did miss the intro. At that time the BB was not over and it appeared they had switched over part of the country, but apparently not.

SafeTeeJ
01-08-2013, 07:09 PM
What is weird about this is that we were switched over and saw the kickoff and first series in Bismarck (midcontinent) however we did miss the intro. At that time the BB was not over and it appeared they had switched over part of the country, but apparently not.

they played last nights snoozer of a game 5 times last night on the duece and ESPNU, with the game on both channels at the same time at one point. WTF!!!

bisonaudit
01-08-2013, 07:38 PM
they played last nights snoozer of a game 5 times last night on the duece and ESPNU, with the game on both channels at the same time at one point. WTF!!!

The initial broadcast drew the largest cable audience for any piece of programming in the last two years, that's the F.

These are the people who bring you 24/7 Tim Tebow coverage, and Skip Bayless and is merry band of race baters. All they care about is the next tenth of a ratings point.

moosbah
01-08-2013, 07:42 PM

Are you referring to hours of actual poignant commentary and insight in a fatasy land pre-game show?

SafeTeeJ
01-08-2013, 07:45 PM
The initial broadcast drew the largest cable audience for any piece of programming in the last two years, that's the F.

These are the people who bring you 24/7 Tim Tebow coverage, and Skip Bayless and is merry band of race baters. All they care about is the next tenth of a ratings point.

I would think so with those fan bases. But what did the 5th broadcast at 5 am the following morning draw? I'm sure Notre Dame fans were glued to the set, then....

bisonmike2
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM

They also now run updates on Rex Ryan's tattoo's and celebrity tweets on the bottomline even if they are only vaguely sports related, i.e Kate Upton's tweet "Don't worry Notre Dame, that happens to the Jets every week."

Oh and how could I forget, Kobe Byrant joined twitter last week and they have been posting his twitter feed on the bottomline.

CaBisonFan
01-08-2013, 08:02 PM
I sent my complaint and request for a replay here...

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=help/espn-faq-postsubmit

Rockbear99
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
ESPN to sports is what MTV is to music.

tony
01-08-2013, 08:16 PM
Gotta say this: The portion of the game did make it the DVR featured great camera work and was just beautiful. I didn't have a problem with the announcers either.

GradBison
01-08-2013, 08:19 PM
Gotta say this: The portion of the game did make it the DVR featured great camera work and was just beautiful. I didn't have a problem with the announcers either.

Agreed on camera work and overall quality. On the bold: you're a very tolerant man Tony.

Putz
01-09-2013, 04:05 AM

I agree, thought they did a very nice job. Would really like to see that flyover on TV though. A little birdy told me that the B52 came from the Minot AFB. I live in the area and get to watch those same B52's circling almost every day.

1998braves64
01-09-2013, 04:20 AM
A little birdy told me that the B52 came from the Minot AFB. I live in the area and get to watch those same B52's circling almost every day.

Quite possible there are only 2 bases that have them and Minot AFB is one of them. Not sure where the other one is?? If it is a closer base I would say it probably came from that one (defense spending cuts and all... :D ), although those beasts have a long range on them to fly long distances.

YOUVEBEENTHUNDERSTRUCK
01-09-2013, 04:21 AM
They don't sell full game DVDs. The season in review won't have it either.

come on someone needs to sell all full games! first time ever all games were broadcast? second championship run? bison nation as hungry as ever ? ILL PAY WHATEVER SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE IT HAPPEN!!

MankatoBison
01-09-2013, 04:29 AM

True dat bro

IBleedYellow
01-09-2013, 04:49 AM
The B52 was indeed from Minot's Global Strike Wing. They brought some of the maintainers for the Aircraft down onto the field during a timeout I think.

Nexus 7

Putz
01-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Quite possible there are only 2 bases that have them and Minot AFB is one of them. Not sure where the other one is?? If it is a closer base I would say it probably came from that one (defense spending cuts and all... :D ), although those beasts have a long range on them to fly long distances.

The other B-52 base is in Barksdale, La and indeed is much closer to Frisco. I have talked with airmen before who have said that part of their training on a regular basis is to fly from Minot down to Barksdale and back. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of a scheduled training mission. I just thought having a ND based plane in the flyover was a nice touch.

Bison 4 Life
01-09-2013, 01:25 PM
The other B-52 base is in Barksdale, La and indeed is much closer to Frisco. I have talked with airmen before who have said that part of their training on a regular basis is to fly from Minot down to Barksdale and back. So it wouldn't surprise me if this was part of a scheduled training mission. I just thought having a ND based plane in the flyover was a nice touch.

It was on one of those training missions that 1 or more armed nukes were transported some time ago causing a lot of after the fact hand wringing.

spelunker64
01-09-2013, 02:31 PM
Play by Play guy was good, color-guy was out of his element it seemed. These guys are mostly contract dudes anyway, so why can't they get someone with some FCS experience. Playing for Howard in the early 90s doesn't really count I think.

56BISON73
01-09-2013, 10:03 PM
Play by Play guy was good, color-guy was out of his element it seemed. These guys are mostly contract dudes anyway, so why can't they get someone with some FCS experience. Playing for Howard in the early 90s doesn't really count I think.

Games like ours are training games for those trying to make it to the big games.

Bison bison
01-09-2013, 10:26 PM
The B52 was indeed from Minot's Global Strike Wing. They brought some of the maintainers for the Aircraft down onto the field during a timeout I think.

Nexus 7

I heard there was a live nuke on the plane...

SafeTeeJ
01-09-2013, 11:09 PM

They can neither confirm or deny this.

56BISON73
01-10-2013, 01:10 AM

Yes they can.:biggrin:

BlueBisonRock
01-10-2013, 02:48 AM

Yes they can.:biggrin:

The nuke was not needed as the Bison blew up Sam Houston.

1998braves64
01-10-2013, 03:07 AM

This was needed to take out the Bisonville faithful in FC Dallas Stadium to prevent Bisonville from having this in the event of the improbable Bison loss.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1813aqov5wc2jjpg/xlarge.jpg