PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Morning Quarterback

kbswish22
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM
Bison love from TMQ on espn.com, although he calls it DI-AA

http://espn.go.com/espn/playbook/story/_/id/8822435/russell-wilson-nfl-best-young-quarterback

"In college football news, the newly crowned champion is a repeat champion. I don't refer to the Alabama Crimson Tide. I refer to North Dakota State.

Division I-AA has a playoff system that determines a titleholder, while the BCS bowls are essentially highly hyped exhibition games. As TMQ noted in September, throughout last year it was the banner of North Dakota State, not of Alabama, that hung in the hall of champions at NCAA headquarters in Indianapolis. Now Alabama repeats as BCS victor, but it is the banner of North Dakota State that will remain at NCAA headquarters another year. North Dakota State, not Alabama, is the college football champion

Hail to the Bison!"

bisonaudit
01-08-2013, 06:37 PM
He's never endorsed the change from IA and IAA to FBS and FCS.

Professor Chaos
01-08-2013, 06:44 PM
...the banner of North Dakota State that will remain at NCAA headquarters another year...
The only question is where will they send it once it's done hanging there :hide:

SDbison
01-08-2013, 06:52 PM
Too bad the writer didn't at least put a header for that mention, or maybe put it as his lead article. Again, as usual the DI-FCS national champion gets little or no recognition or respect. The fact is NDSU could likely beat all but maybe the top 10 or 15 FBS teams. What a pathetic game last night.......again FBS blows it by picking #1 and #2 to play for the championship. And picking 4 teams to play just won't mean much more either.