PDA

View Full Version : Attention Football Fans

HerdBot
01-08-2013, 03:41 PM
Sorry for posting this in the wrong forum but this is geared at Bison Football fans who have never attended a basketball game before! I don't know about you but I don't want to wait until September! Need my Bison fix now!

We have a kick ass junior laden basketball team that is primed to go on a 2 year run. We're currently ranked #11 in the mid major poll and #36 in Pomeroy College Basketball Ratings (sandwiched between North Carolina State and Kansas State) and are just now starting to play our best basketball. We have 3 losses and 2 are to teams ranked in the top 10.

If your not familiar, the winner of the Summit League Tournament goes on to the Big Dance. The Summit League Championship game is broadcast on ESPN with the winner storming the court. The Championship is in Sioux Falls so predictably there are a ton of fans from South Dakota.

Bison Nation it's time to take some of that FOOTBALL ENERGY and convert it over to some BASKETBALL ENERGY! There are 7 home games left, a trip to Brookings, and the Summit League Tournament. (and hopefully another trip to the big dance) Make your plans for March 9-12 and buy up those tickets fast! (I think they go on sale toward the end of January) What would be better than another lead story on ESPN on what is supposed to be a Jacks home court? That would be HUGE for the entire athletic department.

If we can make a 2,000 mile round trip to Frisco Texas, we can surely pack the Sioux Falls arena in March!

BASKEBALL HOME GAMES
Thu, Jan 10 Fort Wayne - Fargo, N.D 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Jan 12 Oakland * - Fargo, N.D. 4:00 p.m
Thu, Jan 31 Kansas City * - Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Feb 02 South Dakota * - Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m
Thu, Feb 14 Western Illinois * - Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m.
Sat, Feb 16 IUPUI * - Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m.
Tue, Feb 26 Utah Valley - Fargo, N.D. 7:00 p.m

ROAD TRIP
Sat, Jan 26 South Dakota State * - at Brookings, S.D. 2:00 p.m.

SUMMIT LEAGUE BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT (ticks on sale torward end of Jan)
Men's & Women's Basketball
March 9-12, 2013
Sioux Falls, S.D.

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2013, 04:26 PM
Well done Gabe

jimmyptubas
01-08-2013, 05:22 PM
I might have to try to make it to sioux falls....i was on my way in 2009 for the Southern Utah game but we had to turn around due to weather. If i would have made it, i would have been stuck in SF and "forced" to go to the Oakland game.....what a shame.

344Johnson
01-08-2013, 05:24 PM
I believe that me and some friends may make the drive down to Sioux Falls. Maybe if enough of us are interested, we'll go to Brookings too.

jimmyptubas
01-08-2013, 05:28 PM
I see on ticketmaster the whole package is 120 bucks. How much for just the championship game?

Ferd
01-08-2013, 07:52 PM
If you're into basketball four days and 14 games for $120.00 is hard to beat! I haven't missed a Summit BB tourney since we became eligible.

KSBisonFan
01-08-2013, 11:50 PM
NCAA tournament sites for anyone wondering:

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7823505/2013-ncaa-tournament-schedule-key-dates

Here are the dates and locations for the 2013 NCAA men's basketball tournament:
• Selection Sunday
March 17, 2013

Follow Along On The Road To AtlantaThe college basketball season might be months away, but we're already looking forward to it. Let's take an early look at what you can expect in 2012-13.
Bracketology (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology) | Way-too-early Top 25 (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7801992/indiana-hoosiers-lead-revised-top-25-plenty-changes-elsewhere)

• First Round
March 19-20
UD Arena (Dayton, Ohio)
• Second-Third Rounds
March 21, 23
The Palace of Auburn Hills (Auburn Hills, Mich.)
Rupp Arena (Lexington, Ky.)
EnergySolutions Arena (Salt Lake City, Utah)
HP Pavilion (San Jose, Calif.)
March 22, 24
Frank Erwin Center (Austin, Texas)
UD Arena (Dayton, Ohio)
Sprint Center (Kansas City, Mo.)
Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia)
• East Regional
March 28, 30
Verizon Center (Washington, D.C.)

• West Regional
March 28, 30
Staples Center (Los Angeles)
• Midwest Regional
March 29, 31
Lucas Oil Stadium (Indianapolis)

• South Regional
March 29, 31
Cowboys Stadium (Arlington, Texas)
• National Semifinals
April 6
Georgia Dome (Atlanta)
• Championship Game
April 8
Georgia Dome (Atlanta)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-09-2013, 12:22 AM
We have a Basketball team?

westnodak93bison
01-09-2013, 12:31 AM
We have a Basketball team?

Yes and they would appreciate your support.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bisonfan08
01-09-2013, 04:18 PM
If you're into basketball four days and 14 games for $120.00 is hard to beat! I haven't missed a Summit BB tourney since we became eligible.

I didn't go last year just simply for the first time since we became eligible, if we woulda won I woulda went down for the semis, but we didn't. As far as the tickets go if I remember right I think it's like $20 (might only be $15) a session which if you're just going to the Bison men's games it's at most 3 sessions so $60. The $120 covers Men's and Women's for all of the sessions.

THEsocalledfan
01-09-2013, 08:46 PM
Just a heads up that the game tomorrow night and Jan. 12 versus Oakland are available on national TV with FCS Pacific. I think I am going to add the sport package to my cable a couple days to watch them.