PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Newcomers

westnodak93bison
01-08-2013, 02:17 PM
Alright, which new guys FR/transfers etc. are making strides and opening some eyes? Obviously with the big Senior class next year we need the younger guys to step up and be ready to contribute in 2014. I saw Plankers, Stumpf and Perkins dressed for the natty. How about that transfer RB- Anderson? Anybody else?

Kermit
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Alright, which new guys FR/transfers etc. are making strides and opening some eyes? Obviously with the big Senior class next year we need the younger guys to step up and be ready to contribute in 2014. I saw Plankers, Stumpf and Perkins dressed for the natty. How about that transfer RB- Anderson? Anybody else?

WR Demetrius Gray.

westnodak93bison
01-08-2013, 04:43 PM
WR Demetrius Gray.

Several of the FR sat in front of me at the SDSU regular season game. He is a slender kid. Perkins looks like he is in middle school. I literally thought he was a younger brother etc of one of the FR sitting in front of me. Chuks said he is up to about 220lb.

BisonNation11
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
Chuks said he is up to about 220lb.

This is the guy I'm waiting to see.

Kermit
01-08-2013, 04:51 PM
Several of the FR sat in front of me at the SDSU regular season game. He is a slender kid. Perkins looks like he is in middle school. I literally thought he was a younger brother etc of one of the FR sitting in front of me. Chuks said he is up to about 220lb.

Yes, I think Chuks Amaechi will be a beast. He is FAST!

westnodak93bison
01-08-2013, 05:00 PM
How about the two DT? Pierce and Farnlof?
Obviously MLB concerns everyone. Could Rogers contribute next year? How about Rioppelle, Gefroh, Hushka, Scoliere or Alex LaVoy? Is Stumpf gonna play OLB?
Sorry I ask too many questions but damn I can't wait for the Spring Game!

bisonmike2
01-08-2013, 05:29 PM
Obviously MLB concerns everyone. Could Rogers contribute next year? How about Rioppelle, Gefroh, Hushka, Scoliere or Alex LaVoy? Is Stumpf gonna play OLB?

I'm interested to see how well Thorton develops at the OLB position after having a whole season and off season to get into it.

344Johnson
01-08-2013, 05:31 PM
I'm interested to see how well Thorton develops at the OLB position after having a whole season and off season to get into it.

Such a fun guy to get run over by in high school...

tolnabison
01-08-2013, 06:18 PM
My four question marks going into next year...

1. Finding a legit deep threat. I know Vraa was our deep threat, but he isn't a pure burner. Maybe Woods, Gray, or Warren (if he's healthy) will be that guy. I think a true deep threat would help keep the safety's out of the box.

2. Linebacker depth. Losing Dinwiddie hurt us big time. But lets face it though, he wasn't going to beat out Beck, Littlejohn, or Olson next year. He would of started at MLB his senior year. Also losing Davis, who was our MLB of the future. Thorton is still learning the position (Although walking by him as I stormed the field, I was surprised at how big he was). Scoliere and Sonnefield are both RFr. Riopelle and Stumf redshirts this year. Only have 1 LB verbal so far in Hahn (Maybe 2 with Morlock). Hope we can pick up a couple more kids in the class for depth.

3. Who steps up at CB opposite of Marcus? Pierre started the year, got replaced by Martin. So the favorite would be Pierre right now, but we also have Colvin, Smith, and Champion. They all look like they got potential to be studs. It is fun watching them three on special teams. Who ever the guy that steps up is will be targeted a lot like Martin was. Who knows maybe they will move Dudzik back to CB if no one separates themselves out of Pierre, Colvin, Smith, and Champion.

4. Who fills in at center. Lund was the leader of that line. I have a feeling it will be Hinz at center, but there are contenders for job like Johnson (backup at gaurd this year) and Schueller (This years backup at Center). Hinz was moved to RT before he got hurt, but I think they moved him there because he had experience and wanted to get the best 5 offensive lineman on the field. Thank goodness Haeg stepped up when Hinz went down. Hinz could step in at C, has experience from starting when Lund went down in 2010 on our play off run.

Either way, can't wait to see how our recruiting class finishes and to watch the spring game to see who surprises us.

Siouxfallsbison
01-08-2013, 06:22 PM

1. Finding a legit deep threat. I know Vraa was our deep threat, but he isn't a pure burner. Maybe Woods, Gray, or Warren (if he's healthy) will be that guy. I think a true deep threat would help keep the safety's out of the box.

2. Linebacker depth. Losing Dinwiddie hurt us big time. But lets face it though, he wasn't going to beat out Beck, Littlejohn, or Olson next year. He would of started at MLB his senior year. Also losing Davis, who was our MLB of the future. Thorton is still learning the position (Although walking by him as I stormed the field, I was surprised at how big he was). Scoliere and Sonnefield are both RFr. Riopelle and Stumf redshirts this year. Only have 1 LB verbal so far in Hahn (Maybe 2 with Morlock). Hope we can pick up a couple more kids in the class for depth.

3. Who steps up at CB opposite of Marcus? Pierre started the year, got replaced by Martin. So the favorite would be Pierre right now, but we also have Colvin, Smith, and Champion. They all look like they got potential to be studs. It is fun watching them three on special teams. Who ever the guy that steps up is will be targeted a lot like Martin was. Who knows maybe they will move Dudzik back to CB if no one separates themselves out of Pierre, Colvin, Smith, and Champion.

4. Who fills in at center. Lund was the leader of that line. I have a feeling it will be Hinz at center, but there are contenders for job like Johnson (backup at gaurd this year) and Schueller (This years backup at Center). Hinz was moved to RT before he got hurt, but I think they moved him there because he had experience and wanted to get the best 5 offensive lineman on the field. Thank goodness Haeg stepped up when Hinz went down. Hinz could step in at C, has experience from starting when Lund went down in 2010 on our play off run.

Either way, can't wait to see how our recruiting class finishes and to watch the spring game to see who surprises us.

Gebhart can be our deep threat. Don't understand why they didn't do it this year.:facepalm2:

SamsRams
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM

Dont forget Enyi when talking about dt's debuting next year

aces1180
01-08-2013, 06:24 PM

When I got back to work today, I was asked by a coworker if Woods will still on the team, as she had heard some stuff around town about him...I refuse to start or pass on any rumors, but I can say that I did see him with the other redshirts in TX. I did find it interesting that she asked about his status.

HandoEX
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Gebhart can be our deep threat. Don't understand why they didn't do it this year.:facepalm2:
This. Also, a Fargo product, Okland, got open for a few deep balls this season.

silkamilkamonico
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
Gebhart looks more like a possession WR to me. Actually all of our WR's do except Okland got open a couple times. IMO we really missed Holloway this year.

coloradobison
01-08-2013, 07:36 PM

IIRC Gebhart was talked about as the "speed" guy a few years ago between him and Vraa. I've been wondering for 2 years why Trevor isn't on any of the deep routes. He has made some great catches this year but doesn't seem like he is looked to enough as an option but a 3rd or 4th option after Smith and Vraa.

EndZoneQB
01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
No knock on this thread or the OP, but who is ready to see this thread about 5 more times before August?

BisonNation11
01-08-2013, 08:51 PM
No knock on this thread or the OP, but who is ready to see this thread about 5 more times before the spring game?

FIFY

ten char

Tatanka
01-08-2013, 08:53 PM
No knock on this thread or the OP, but who is ready to see this thread about 5 more times before February?Fixed it, back to back.

EndZoneQB
01-08-2013, 09:20 PM
FIFY

ten char

Fixed it, back to back.

I also would have accepted 1/11/2013. Oh wait, I thought this was the Tuesday Morning Quarterback or Final AP Poll thread....

bajadanny
01-09-2013, 09:30 PM
Can't wait to see the Washington kid all I have heard is good things.

Oakland is the deep ball guy, just needs a chance as he has the talent

THEsocalledfan
01-09-2013, 09:36 PM
Here is a question for all:

What do you attribute the llate season lack of production by Vraa to when comparing the great start of the year he had:

1. Injury
2. Higher level of competition
3. Both

Let the great Bisonville minds weigh in, as I never was able to figure this one out.

BisonNation11
01-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Here is a question for all:

What do you attribute the llate season lack of production by Vraa to when comparing the great start of the year he had:

1. Injury
2. Higher level of competition
3. Both

Let the great Bisonville minds weigh in, as I never was able to figure this one out.

4. Familiarity to the schools later in the year.

They saw him on film, saw what he could do, and took him away. I guess I never paid too close attention, but I'm willing to bet that teams were willing to let us beat them passing wise with anybody except Vraa and Smith. And knowing Brock's tendencies to lock in on either one, well that only played into their hands.

BadlandsBison
01-09-2013, 09:59 PM
WR Demetrius Gray.

Who was the freshman wr that hurt his knee

Herd
01-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Deep Threat? Does that aid in getting more defenders out of the box so QB can run? :hide: Wentz could use a deep threat or two, but next year, well.

ndsubison1
01-09-2013, 10:22 PM
Dont forget Enyi when talking about dt's debuting next year

enyis not on the team anymore.

im excited for the new WRs. will help with depth and injuries that have set back our main guys. i think cj smith will be our other starting cb. pierre could be too but smith started over him when marcus was out. i also think hinz will take over at C

coloradobison
01-09-2013, 11:42 PM
Who was the freshman wr that hurt his knee

Desean Warren

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 01:31 AM
So many guys I'm pumped up to see what they can do. I could name a dozen guys but the top of my list includes Chuks Amechi and Dee Gray. Call it a gut feeling.

Desean Warren will be coming off another ACL injury so I am curious to see if he still has the speed but had insane combine numbers . And Carey Woods may have the best highlight film of the 3 receivers except for walkon Eric Perkins. Farnloff and Pierce are mega talented at DT. Safeties Bo Liekus and Marcus Brantley are talented too. And how can you not be pumped up about ND studs Plankers, Stumpf, or Arp?

BadlandsBison
01-10-2013, 01:39 AM
Desean Warren

Yea, thanks. I recall good things said about his athleticism. Hope he's doing ok

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 01:58 AM
Yea, thanks. I recall good things said about his athleticism. Hope he's doing ok

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

He put up some big time numbers at the combines. Just an outstanding overall athlete
Lets hope he gets it back. Had he not injured his knee his senior season he would have gotten more offers. May have kept him under the radar not playing as a senior

SamsRams
01-10-2013, 02:05 AM
enyis not on the team anymore.

I believe you just had not seen that printed before. according to who?

he is four people to the left of Mcnorton in the panoramic photo.

coloradobison
01-10-2013, 01:54 PM
For what it's worth, I saw Enyi in Frisco.

herdmember
01-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I personally believe Zack Johnson starts on the line somewhere next year. He was rolling people late in that title game and is a mountain of a man. I can't imagine any of the four underclassmen that started all year (Haeg, Colville, Turner, Gimmestad) will end up on the bench. Obviously Hinz has been solid when healthy. Nice problem to have especially when you add some of the recruits and backups that look great. Who would be most likely to be center if it came down to Colville, Gimmestad, and Johnson with the other two playing the guard spots?

I also think CJ Smith starts at the corner spot vacated by Martin. Shepherd at safety and Dudzik back to corner would be rediculously tough, although it is a nice luxury having Shep play the nickle spot and crush on special teams.

tony
01-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I also think CJ Smith starts at the corner spot vacated by Martin. Shepherd at safety and Dudzik back to corner would be rediculously tough, although it is a nice luxury having Shep play the nickle spot and crush on special teams.

Brendan Pierre is a pretty good corner too - but they'll both get lots of reps, I'm sure.

ndsubison1
01-10-2013, 08:38 PM
I personally believe Zack Johnson starts on the line somewhere next year. He was rolling people late in that title game and is a mountain of a man. I can't imagine any of the four underclassmen that started all year (Haeg, Colville, Turner, Gimmestad) will end up on the bench. Obviously Hinz has been solid when healthy. Nice problem to have especially when you add some of the recruits and backups that look great. Who would be most likely to be center if it came down to Colville, Gimmestad, and Johnson with the other two playing the guard spots?

i have been thinking of this as well. a good problem to have. we do have some depth at corner with mwill, pierre, smith, champion and colvin. heagle is back and shepherd was really good coming back after his injury. i somewhat wondered too if a shepherd or dudzik would be moved back but i doubt it, if it were to happen it would probably be shepherd. im guessing nobody will move, im sure the coaches want some of those young corners getting some reps for when mwill and co. are gone

THE HERD
01-10-2013, 09:35 PM
Anybody know what Stumpf is up to in weight? I totally think he is another Travis Beck in waiting. Also did we pull Pierces(spelling?) red shirt this year, I believe he was the big DE or DT out of MN. Reason I ask is while I was watching the recording of the championship game I swear I heard one of the commentaters mention that Pierce was in the rotation on the Dline.

SamsRams
01-10-2013, 09:44 PM
Anybody know what Stumpf is up to in weight? I totally think he is another Travis Beck in waiting. Also did we pull Pierces(spelling?) red shirt this year, I believe he was the big DE or DT out of MN. Reason I ask is while I was watching the recording of the championship game I swear I heard one of the commentaters mention that Pierce was in the rotation on the Dline.

they did not pull his redshirt. Jay Walker got a lot of things wrong including saying Esley was held on a play when it was Martin and saying Esley's name wrong.

here is a tweet from Pierce he sent out last night

Football at NDSU can be a lot for one to handle, but during the off season I miss ball more than anything #Bisonation #Naty3peat?

coloradobison
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
they did not pull his redshirt. Jay Walker got a lot of things wrong including saying Esley was held on a play when it was Martin and saying Esley's name wrong.

Yeah he wasn't quite up to speed, but I suppose we can't expect a broadcaster to know the team like we do in a week's time, or whatever he had as a fill in.

THE HERD
01-10-2013, 10:11 PM

here is a tweet from Pierce he sent out last night

Football at NDSU can be a lot for one to handle, but during the off season I miss ball more than anything #Bisonation #Naty3peat?

I kind of figured it was a mix up and damn glad it was....with as strong as our Dline was this year and the depth we had, it would have been a shame to waste a year for this kid. I have seen a lot of people on here reference Peirce as a DT....I thought we were gonna have him play DE??

HerdBot
01-10-2013, 10:44 PM
I kind of figured it was a mix up and damn glad it was....with as strong as our Dline was this year and the depth we had, it would have been a shame to waste a year for this kid. I have seen a lot of people on here reference Peirce as a DT....I thought we were gonna have him play DE??

Pierce will play in the middle.

SamsRams
01-10-2013, 11:13 PM
He will be a DT

EndZoneQB
01-11-2013, 03:24 AM
The thought that this defense will be better next year is down right scary.

stevdock
01-11-2013, 01:26 PM

I agree with you thinking it would be hard to believe any of those 4 starters will be on the bench, but those boys are going to have a battle on their hands to keep their starting position. There is a lot of talent and size behind them and any slip up could mean a shake up in the Offensive Line. The thing the coaches have always done though is up the group of 5 that works the best together. Obviously they don't care if they are seniors or freshman, or have a full ride scholarship or no scholarship or anywhere in between.

coloradobison
01-11-2013, 03:28 PM
Kolpack tweeted that Sam Hahn is transferring to Nebraska.

Kermit
01-11-2013, 04:00 PM
Kolpack tweeted that Sam Hahn is transferring to Nebraska.

Always hate to lose a kid and good o-line prospects don't grow on trees. Good luck to him.

That said, maybe this increases the chances of bringing in Jesse Kubik from Dickinson Trinity. He is another huge kid that also plays basketball. The Dickinson media previously reported that Vigen had told him he would be getting at least a PWO offer and that Bohl would be going out to see him some time after the national championship game.

BisonNation11
01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread, so this seemed as good of a place as any to post this. It's a 2013 Signing Day party. Went last year and really enjoyed it. Good food and had a bar. Here's the details...

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206126260