PDA

View Full Version : Frisco cell coverage?

westnodak93bison
01-07-2013, 06:22 PM
How the hell can metro Dallas have that poor of Verizon service? I couldn't get calls or texts to go in or out. I'm gonna bitch to Verizon, the mayor and the NCAA just cause I can. A buddy of mine damn near did meet up with me in time for kickoff. Unacceptable!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM
How the hell can metro Dallas have that poor of Verizon service? I couldn't get calls or texts to go in or out. I'm gonna bitch to Verizon, the mayor and the NCAA just cause I can. A buddy of mine damn near did meet up with me in time for kickoff. Unacceptable!

Yeah! someone locked our trunk with all the beverages in it and we couldnt get a hold of the guy with the key!!!! Unacceptable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

BISON Thunder
01-07-2013, 06:27 PM

When you talk to the mayor....please request additional speakers be placed on the west side of the stadium Thank you.

Bison03
01-07-2013, 06:28 PM
Doubt the mayor or the ncaa have any control over that. If you were losing service at the stadium, my guess is that 20,000+ people also trying to use their phone was the problem. I usually can never get cell service at the dome during a home game.

NDSUstudent
01-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Well as an ATT customer I was in smartphone heaven, my phone's data speeds were very fast.

SafeTeeJ
01-07-2013, 06:37 PM
When you talk to the mayor....please request additional speakers be placed on the west side of the stadium Thank you.

fix the the damn "humming" interference with the speakers they have first. by the 4th qtr I was having a "scanners" episode.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Doubt the mayor or the ncaa have any control over that. If you were losing service at the stadium, my guess is that 20,000+ people also trying to use their phone was the problem. I usually can never get cell service at the dome during a home game.

I've never had problems in the Fargodome?

bajadanny
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Cell serviced sucked for nearly everyone at the 50 yard line behind the bench and up on the concourse, sucked

IBleedYellow
01-07-2013, 06:42 PM
Well as an ATT customer I was in smartphone heaven, my phone's data speeds were very fast.

I wasn't having issues either. It was great! (Being on AT&T)

What needs to happen is that Verizon needs to bring in one or two of there temporary towers to handle the load while we are there. I'd be really nice if we could get one of those up at the Fargodome, also. I know for the large bowl and even the crappier bowl games they bring them in. Why not us?

Honeybooboo
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
I had 4G Verizon service the whole time no complaints

jimmyptubas
01-07-2013, 06:48 PM
Guy next to me had ATt and he still couldn't call out...me and my brother in law have verizon and were SOL the most part of the game. I could get texts but to send them was a bitch.

A1pigskin
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM
I didn't have any issues. The picture messages I sent were a little slow, but other than this all was good.

HerdBot
01-07-2013, 06:50 PM
In the words of Adam Sandler singing piece of shit car, "it sucks royal dick."

EndZoneQB
01-07-2013, 06:56 PM
My phone died really quickly because of the service. What they need to do is bring in the mobile cell towers that they do for like WeFest/RibFest. It wasn't a huge deal for me, more annoying that I could still get texts but couldn't send anything out.

BismarckBisonFan
01-07-2013, 07:02 PM
[QUOTE=EndZoneQB;704507]My phone died really quickly because of the service. What they need to do is bring in the mobile cell towers that they do for like WeFest/RibFest. It wasn't a huge deal for me, more annoying that I could still get texts but couldn't send anything out.[/QUrOTE]

Texting was difficult. Some went but the ones with pictures did not send. Agree, all they need to do is put up one or two mobile towers like they have all over the Sturgis area during the bike rally. Your talking 200-300K in the area at any given time.

BismarckBisonFan
01-07-2013, 07:08 PM
I am going to add a comment/bitch every month when I pay my bill .

A1pigskin
01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
My brother-in-law's phone didn't work.

dewey
01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
One of the guys in our group said AT&T headquarters is in Dallas so I would imagine that they try to limit the opposing compaines being the big shot in town. Thankfully I had the beer with me as well as the tickets so if people couldn't find me that was there problem.

Dewey

tjamz
01-07-2013, 07:35 PM
Sprint service was awesome everywhere i tried it, including on the road between Texas and North Dakota (root phone and use roam control to force your way onto the best available network)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

EndZoneQB
01-07-2013, 07:36 PM
Sprint service was awesome everywhere i tried it, including on the road between Texas and North Dakota (root phone and use roam control to force your way onto the best available network)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It helps that you are one of 10 people in the country that still use Sprint, no? lol

IndyBison
01-07-2013, 07:42 PM
It's not unusual for cell/data service to be difficult at large events. The grid obviously isn't based on 20k people being in a small area at the same time very often. The temporary towers definitely help but they aren't going to exist everywhere unless somebody pays for it. I have the same issue at Final Four, Indy 500, Colts games, etc.

aces1180
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
I had ATT last year...It sucked.

I have Verizon now...It sucked.

Battery drained fast during the entire trip and coverage during the game was terrible.

Annoying, but not the end of the world. I do agree that they should bring in some additional towers or at least offer open-access WiFi in the stadium.

IBleedYellow
01-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Unless you use Google Voice, Open WiFi isn't going to help you out.

aces1180
01-07-2013, 10:10 PM
Unless you use Google Voice, Open WiFi isn't going to help you out.

I had no issues making calls...Just connecting the Internet and sending iMessages.

SamsRams
01-07-2013, 10:28 PM
Had sprint and failed two outgoing calls and 2 failed texts, other than that it was all good. completion % over 90. have worse coverage at ufc or boxing events in vegas