PDA

View Full Version : Why was Coach Bohl so mad at Adam Keller ?

phxbison
01-07-2013, 03:07 PM
Does anybody know why Bohl was so mad at Adam Keller after the feildgoal attempt at the end of the first half ? I've never seen him that angry or confrontational.

phxbison
01-07-2013, 03:09 PM
Does anybody know why Bohl was so mad at Adam Keller after the feildgoal attempt at the end of the first half ? I've never seen him that angry or confrontational.

MNLonghorn10
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
probably cause that thing wasn't going to be good from 38?

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2013, 03:12 PM

He was actually asked about that right after it happened by ESPN. He was basically mad that his missed the FG. I suspect his emotions got the best of him as the offense had just done a stellar job of giving Keller a chance, then he completely miss fired. (I figure he must have gotten underneath it.) With that said, I do not think it was Bohl's finest moment, as I am sure Keller felt bad about it the way it was. With that said, no doubt Keller made a hell of a play later.

Kermit
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
Keller must have lost his focus on that attempt--his mechanics were off and he hit the ball very poorly. Coach Bohl was encouraging him to make a better effort next time. :D

devin45k
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
I think it was emotions and he was probably upset about how short he actually kicked it.

Bison 4 Life
01-07-2013, 03:28 PM

It was right in front of me and I haven't seen the replay but there really didn't look like a lot of effort went into that kick. I was watching the penalties.

Holy shit. I just watched it back, he was screaming something like "You missed it by 20 yards" and "Get off the field, I don't know what the fuck you were doing.

I guess when it's that close, you have to get a little fired up but he's right, that wouldn't have been good from 40 yds out.

KSBisonFan
01-07-2013, 03:33 PM
I think Bohl was pissed because he realized right then and there that when he comes here to Bisonville he's going to have to sort through 15 threads about our dual threat kicker missing that FG attempt......

Bison 4 Life
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM
My lip reading is superb today.

The first thing he said "That was a piss-poor kick!"

Think they hugged it out when it was all over?

IDDUKES
01-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Why so many Threads? Same questions asked twice.

Bison 4 Life
01-07-2013, 04:50 PM

I only saw this one and responded to it. That happens.

IDDUKES
01-07-2013, 04:52 PM
See this one also.
http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?29715-Why-was-Bohl-so-mad-at-Adam-Keller

AjaxTheMighty
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM

I actually like repeat threads. It's fun to watch all the uptight message board folks come on here and bitch about repeat threads. As a Bison fan I am into repeats so sall good for me!!!! Go Bison! Go Repeat threads!!!!!!

phxbison
01-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Why so many Threads? Same questions asked twice.As you may have noticed, I forgot to insert Bohl in the question. I went back and tried to edit and repost, however instead of editing it, it posted again.

phxbison
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
It was right in front of me and I haven't seen the replay but there really didn't look like a lot of effort went into that kick. I was watching the penalties.

Holy shit. I just watched it back, he was screaming something like "You missed it by 20 yards" and "Get off the field, I don't know what the fuck you were doing.

I guess when it's that close, you have to get a little fired up but he's right, that wouldn't have been good from 40 yds out.I wonder if Bohl has ever layed turf over a wedge at the Fargo Country Club ? HA ! HA !

SportsLover
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
I wonder if Bohl has ever layed turf over a wedge at the Fargo Country Club ? HA ! HA !

He probably has but i bet he wouldnt in the championship flight of the club tournament.

344Johnson
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
I wonder if Bohl has ever layed turf over a wedge at the Fargo Country Club ? HA ! HA !

I think a more fair question would be has Bohl ever drove the ball short of the fairway on a par 5 in a very intense "skins" game.

southcliffbison
01-07-2013, 06:14 PM

Repeat threads. Save season.

A1pigskin
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
This thread is now about the other thread.

Vitojr130
01-07-2013, 09:36 PM
This thread is now about the other thread.

inb4 threading a thread

JMB
01-07-2013, 10:12 PM
Keller must have lost his focus on that attempt--his mechanics were off and he hit the ball very poorly. Coach Bohl was encouraging him to make a better effort next time. :D

My dad used to encourage me like that when I worked on the family farm...

td577
01-07-2013, 10:30 PM
While we do have a special teams coach, Bohl works with special teams as well. I think if it is another position who screwed up, while he might say something, he really expects his assistant coaches to fix it. When it is on special teams, that is the area of the game Coach Bohl is hands on. I am sure it was frustrating to see the part of the game he specifically works on fail so miserably. He has probably seen Keller kick that exact kick 1000 times before and the one time it counts, not even close. While I didn't think the kick was going to cost the Bison, it would have been huge if he made it. I think he would have gone off on him if it was against Robert Morris, we just wouldn't have seen it like that. As badly as that kick failed, Bohl simply had the opportunity to say what all of us was thinking. That was a terrible effort. If Keller folds up like a lawn chair because of some harsh criticism, then maybe he should transfer to a program with much lesser expectations. I won't mention any schools by name but the one an hour north of Fargo comes to mind. Right now football is paying for his education, so it is a job. When you royally screw up in your job, you are going to get some heat. Just think of how prepared he will be in the real world when attention to detail really pays off.

cracker
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Bohl was mad because Keller audibled to the kick instead of running the bad snap play.

A1pigskin
01-08-2013, 01:18 AM
My dad used to encourage me like that when I worked on the family farm...

Probably along with a physical kick in the ass.

JMB
01-08-2013, 02:26 AM
Probably along with a physical kick in the ass.
Thinking back, Dad coulda probably made a 50 yarder... :)

North Side
01-08-2013, 05:02 AM
bohl was mad because keller audibled to the kick instead of running the bad snap play.
ialto!!!!!!!

Snorty
01-08-2013, 05:19 AM
Bohl was mad because Keller audibled to the kick instead of running the bad snap play.

Check positive rep bro

bri-dog
01-08-2013, 04:08 PM
Thinking back, Dad coulda probably made a 50 yarder... :)

In knee deep snow. Uphill.

westnodak93bison
01-08-2013, 04:13 PM
In knee deep snow. Uphill.
against a 40mph wind

southcliffbison
01-08-2013, 04:27 PM
against a 40mph wind

after dark.

BisonNation11
01-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Bare foot.