PDA

View Full Version : An Eye opening GW stat

Scooter
11-18-2006, 03:03 AM
There is one glaring stat that is very telling in the Great West this year. *Here it is...

Great West games ONLY

* * * * * * * * * *games * * punts * * Average
Cal Poly * * * * * *4 * * * * * 24 * * * * *38.45
UC Davis * * * * * 4 * * * * * 18 * * * * *34.1
SUU * * * * * * * * *4 * * * * * 23 * * * * *35.87
SDSU * * * * * * * *3 * * * * * 12 * * * * *37.25
NDSU * * * * * * * *3 * * * * * 4 * * * *** *52.0

That's right, Mike Dragosovich has punted only four times in three games. *WOW. *His average is 13.5 yards better than the second place guy.

However, Mike Dragosovich may not make all conference because he never gets to punt.

No_Skill
11-18-2006, 03:45 AM
That stat says so much. :o

coloradobison
11-18-2006, 04:57 AM
quite impressive. however, the number of turnovers, whatever it is, is still too large for my liking.

Scooter
11-18-2006, 05:30 AM
We actually turned the ball over less than our opponents in the Great West games that we played. *Even if you add the number of turnovers, counted them as punts and added them to drago's total number of punts, he still would have punted 1/3 less than the next best punt per game ratio.

You can "yes but" all you like, but this one stat speaks volumes about the effectiveness of the Bison offense. *Also, to have a third down conversion rate of 66.7 percent is insane. *This unbelievable number is the ONLY way you can go three games and punt only four times. And, because of these two stats, what the Bison have is without question the best offense in the Great West.

NDSU Great West third down conversion rate-- 26/39 *that's 66.66666 percent :o :o :o :o

coloradobison
11-18-2006, 05:53 AM
i didnt actually look at the turnover numbers and know it wasnt that high. the guys have done an excellent job throughout the year protecting the ball, hopefully we dont turn it over on the first possession tomorrow, after that, i will settle in.

ThunderRadioguy
11-18-2006, 07:58 AM
He may not make all conference, but he'll be punting in the NFL in a couple of years so that should be ok for him.

Gamehunter
11-18-2006, 03:23 PM
help me out here....if we didn't make the 3rd down 13 times in the last 3 games, Drago punted on 4th down 4 of those times, what happened to the other 9 possessions? How many 4th down conversions did we make? cant be more than 3 or 4..

BraxtonT
11-18-2006, 03:45 PM
help me out here....if we didn't make the 3rd down 13 times in the last 3 games, Drago punted on 4th down 4 of those times, what happened to the other 9 possessions? *How many 4th down conversions did we make? *cant be more than 3 or 4..

In the UC Davis game alone, I can remember three of them. Two conversions on 4th down on the last drive of the game with passes and the 4th and goal from the one yard line at the end of the 1st half where Steffes came up just short.

Bibeau has attempted a few field goals in that span as well. He made one aginst Cal Poly and one against Southern Utah. OK, down to four.....

He missed at least one against UC Davis, so that makes at least four in that game. Down to three....memory fading...sorry....someone else needs to come in and close for me.

Scooter
11-18-2006, 06:21 PM
OK guys, you wanted the thirteen third downs accounted for....

1. SUU game inc pass PUNT
2. SUU game pass yd Go on 4th 1st down
3. SUU game inc pass FG GOOD
4. SUU game inc pass PUNT SUU game 7/11

5. UCD game inc pass FG NO GOOD
6. UCD game inc pass PUNT
7. UCD game inc pass Go on 4th no good
8. UCD game inc pass Field goal NO GOOD
9. UCD game sack -2 Go on 4th 1st down
10 UCD game inc pass Go on 4th 1st down UCD game 10/16

11. CP game Bibeau Field goal GOOD
12. CP game INC PUNT
13 CP rush Rush Go on 4th Brower 1st down CP game 9/12

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-18-2006, 08:56 PM
It is kind of surprising that with a punter as good as Dragosavich and a defense like ours that we don't kick it away in those 4th and short situations. I know we have a good offense and a lot of it has to do with location on the field and game situation, but still kind of surprising.

kchats
11-18-2006, 08:58 PM
4th and less than 3 with our offensive line and running game is almost a gimme. Steve Walker is also very accurate at passing so throwing it would be no problem as well. Having a good defense allows you to go for it more often as well since the defense can stone them.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-18-2006, 09:00 PM
It is a nice problem to have: being so dominant at the line of scrimmage to know you can get just about any 4th and short, having such a good punter that you can pin the opposition down from just about anywhere on the field and having a defense that makes you feel good about doing either one.