PDA

View Full Version : No onside kick right after half?

onbison09
01-07-2013, 05:30 AM
Was anyone else shocked we didn't try an onside after half? I was stunned and my dad went ballistic. (If you were in section 128, that was him. I apologize. :D) Has Bohl said anything about that? It kinda got lost in everything but we only gained 10 yards and I thought that was a no brainer to try it. But there's a reason I'm not coaching.

344Johnson
01-07-2013, 05:35 AM
Was anyone else shocked we didn't try an onside after half? I was stunned and my dad went ballistic. (If you were in section 128, that was him. I apologize. :D) Has Bohl said anything about that? It kinda got lost in everything but we only gained 10 yards and I thought that was a no brainer to try it. But there's a reason I'm not coaching.

Section 120. my dad lost his shit. if I wasn't so upset with how that play went I would have laughed. Was that intentional to screw that up or was that intended to be a lob that would land near the goal line?

56BISON73
01-07-2013, 05:36 AM

I think we were trying a combination onside-pooch kick. As in loft the ball over the heads of the front line so our runners could get to it after 10-20 yards. But he put too much leg in to it. They didnt kick it in to EZ on purpose. IMO

onbison09
01-07-2013, 05:37 AM
Section 120. my dad lost his shit. if I wasn't so upset with how that play went I would have laughed. Was that intentional to screw that up or was that intended to be a lob that would land near the goal line?

My dad wanted Bohl fired. So he may have your dad beat. I had to calm him down. He admitted that he (and the booze) overreacted.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2013, 11:32 AM
I thought they would pop it in the air and just shit can the sam players and hope to recover it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

IndyBison
01-07-2013, 11:35 AM
I thought they would pop it in the air and just shit can the sam players and hope to recover it.

Can't do that. Kicking team players can't block until they can legally touch the ball and even then can't hit an opponent in position to catch an airborne kick.

westnodak93bison
01-07-2013, 11:40 AM
Can't do that. Kicking team players can't block until they can legally touch the ball and even then can't hit an opponent in position to catch an airborne kick.

Ok. I stand corrected.