PDA

View Full Version : Kick before haftime

Snowgoose
01-06-2013, 11:42 PM
What was bohl so pissed about at Adam Keller after the kicked because he really chewed his ass. I am not sure what happened on that fiftyyarder but it landed at the goal line which means he would have barely made it from the thirty and it wasn't tipped.

MN_Moose
01-06-2013, 11:51 PM
I'm no expert. But, I believe the defense can return the kick for a touchdown.

In the NCAA, a missed field goal that is ungrounded, can be returned for a TD. If it hits the ground, it's dead. If it hits anything, it's dead.

IndyBison
01-07-2013, 12:00 AM
I'm no expert. But, I believe the defense can return the kick for a touchdown.

In the NCAA, a missed field goal that is ungrounded, can be returned for a TD. If it hits the ground, it's dead. If it hits anything, it's dead.
This is an over simplification but a FG is the same a punt as far as what the defense can do. Even if it hits the ground they can return it. If it hits the ground in the end zone untouched by the receiving team it's dead. The difference is where the ball goes if the defense doesn't touch the ball beyond the neutral zone (99% of the time). Let's say the 50-yard FG was in the middle ofa period and it landed in the end zone SHSU would next put the ball in play at the previous spot (B33). But if the SHSU player caught it and returned it to the B20 they would get it there. Or if the SHSU player muffed it at the B10 and the Bison recovered at the B5, the Bison would get the ball at the B5.

KSBisonFan
01-07-2013, 12:20 AM
Keller's first FG wasn't hit real solid either. It was a 32-yarder and it landed in the first row. Keller's more of a passer anyway......

bisonmike2
01-07-2013, 12:32 AM
Keller's first FG wasn't hit real solid either. It was a 32-yarder and it landed in the first row. Keller's more of a passer anyway......
The post ties in nicely with the "we need a new QB thread.":)

DePereBisonFan
01-07-2013, 01:15 AM
I'm wondering the same thing. Were the Bison going to fake it if they saw something in the defense, and Keller missed the queue? Bohl's answer to the question at the half seemed pretty made-up.

Hammerhead
01-07-2013, 01:20 AM
During the timeout before the kick, I noticed Bohl talking to Carson Wentz out on the field and pointing at something quite emphatically and then Wentz was standing on the sidelines next to Brock. Would it even make sense to call a fake punt when they have a player back at the goal line?