PDA

View Full Version : Replay/DVD Options

Gully
01-06-2013, 09:43 PM
I know people have asked this, but I don't know that I've read an answer yet. Anyone know if they'll replay it on ESPN?

stevdock
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
I checked yesterday and there was nothing on the schedule through Tuesday. Although they were showing the crap Bowl from either last night or tonight like 3 times.

NorthernBison
01-06-2013, 10:06 PM
There is nothing on the DirecTv guide for as far out as data is available. There are several two hour blocks on ESPNU that say "To be announced". The positive thinker might feel that they could be filled by a replay.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2013, 10:27 PM
Good thread gilly. Lets keep it updated with info if anyone hears anything!

gumby013
01-06-2013, 10:34 PM
It's on ESPN3...if you can get that.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2013, 10:36 PM
It's on ESPN3...if you can get that.

Yes but some of us want to dvr it in hd.

Gully
01-06-2013, 10:38 PM
Didn't you DVR it live? I forgot. Perhaps you want another run at it because of the bb game?

Thanks for the ESPN3 reminder...I forgot about that.

BisonTeacher
01-06-2013, 10:42 PM
Didn't you DVR it live? I forgot. Perhaps you want another run at it because of the bb game?

Exactly. It missed first ndsu series and intro.

marenlee
01-06-2013, 11:21 PM
For those who were able to catch the intro. Any mention/video of pep rally?

Facts
01-07-2013, 12:35 AM

How do you pull something off a DVR?

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 12:38 AM

You need an hdmi capture card for your computer.

IndyBison
01-07-2013, 12:39 AM
Usually requires video capture device or software. I have Uverse and they have some tough decoding. Most of what I've read said it's almost impossible to get stuff off Uverse DVR.

Gully...I have it on my DVR so if you ever visit you can watch it. I don't have the first Bison drive and I think I lost the last few plays.

marenlee
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM

Thanks to the advice from some of the guys here I bought this http://www.amazon.com/Honestech-VHS-DVD-5-0-Deluxe/dp/B0040FT30O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357522850&sr=8-1&keywords=honestech+vhs+to+dvd+5.0+deluxe

I was able to pull last year's Bison games of my Dish DVR I was turning in. It's not HDMI but I used S-Video and the video quality was surprisingly good. I was able to save @ Minnesota, vs. Lehigh, vs. GSU, and the NC game. Im going to do the same thing for this season's games.

bisonmike2
01-07-2013, 12:42 AM
I really wish ESPN would give this game the respect it deserves. Even a quick 15 min pre game would be nice. Instead we had to watch a shitty big east basketball game that right past our opening possession. And then to end the game they couldn't bail out fast enough to women's volleyball or pro bowling. Whatever I don't remember. And the announcers were shit.they knew next to nothing about either team. they must have been handed a prep sheet about a half hour before kick off. Shitty job by ESPN.

Facts
01-07-2013, 02:12 AM
Thanks to all

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 02:23 AM
here is a link where you can contact espn. I suggest we all do. http://espn.go.com/espn/contact

Here is what I wrote.

I am wondering if you plan on replaying the FCS college football championship game from saturday January 5th. I noticed you replayed the division II championship quite a few times in the days following the live broadcast. In addition, Our game was not shown in its entirety as a basketball game that was shown previous to the game ran long. So many of us are wondering if you plan on replaying the game anytime soon. Thank you in advance for your response and coverage.

southcliffbison
01-07-2013, 02:44 PM
I was at the natty, but I would still like to view the game again and relive the experience. If you have a DVD of the game, could you please burn a copy for me? Please PM me and I would be more than happy to compensate you for your trouble. Thank you in advance.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2013, 02:49 PM
I wonder is anyone on the this board has a Ceton quad tuner installed in their computer with a rented cable card in his computer giving him the ability to burn to DVD? I wish I knew that guy, as he must be pretty smart as many don't realize the power of Windows Media Center and what you can do with it.

If you know this guy, I would suggest sending him a PM and he just may be able to help you out like he did last year. Rumor has that guy is going to see if he can cut commercials to help support dual layer burning quality to minimize compression as he was a little disappointed in the quality of the GSU burn.....

devin45k
01-07-2013, 03:05 PM
Doesn't the NCAA sell playoff and championship games on the website or on Amazon

tony
01-07-2013, 03:17 PM
Doesn't the NCAA sell playoff and championship games on the website or on Amazon

Well, last year's game hasn't shown up yet. And if it did show up, it would probably be crappy quality (DVD not blu-ray.)

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 03:22 PM

They did not last year. I emailed the NCAA and they said ESPN owns the rights to the footage. And when I emailed ESPN to ask if they did, they said they did not sell them and suggested I record the game on a dvr if I wanted to watch it in the future.

ie...I tried to do it legally. TWSS

tcbison
01-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Is there a decent way to pull it off of ESPN3. I thought that CaBisonfan posted something last year but I can't find it. Thanks.

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Is there a decent way to pull it off of ESPN3. I thought that CaBisonfan posted something last year but I can't find it. Thanks.

There is correct me if Im wrong CABison but its called stream transfer? Having said that...the quality is again not as good as HD. plus espn3 fluctuates its quality for many of us. Depends on where you live.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2013, 03:37 PM
I would strongly suggest you all read post #18 again. I don't really want to be more clear than that.......

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I wonder is anyone on the this board has a Ceton quad tuner installed in their computer with a rented cable card in his computer giving him the ability to burn to DVD? I wish I knew that guy, as he must be pretty smart as many don't realize the power of Windows Media Center and what you can do with it.

If you know this guy, I would suggest sending him a PM and he just may be able to help you out like he did last year. Rumor has that guy is going to see if he can cut commercials to help support dual layer burning quality to minimize compression as he was a little disappointed in the quality of the GSU burn.....

True...but even then...I bet that person would like to have the whole game and not miss the first 15 minutes.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2013, 03:47 PM
True...but even then...I bet that person would like to have the whole game and not miss the first 15 minutes.

Why would first 15 minutes be missed? Rumor has it this guy has a completely perfect version of the game. Whole thing was on ESPN2......Bball was moved.

tony
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM

Yeah, first 15 minutes and, for me, since I couldn't figure out how to do the "extra 30 minutes" when setting up the recording from my smartphone and so also missed most of the fourth quarter.

I sure hope they do a replay on ESPNU at some point.

THEsocalledfan
01-07-2013, 03:52 PM
Why would first 15 minutes be missed? Rumor has it this guy has a completely perfect version of the game. Whole thing was on ESPN2......Bball was moved.

Did they do different things in different regions of the country? Again, in Sioux Falls, everything was on ESPN2.

bri-dog
01-07-2013, 03:57 PM
Yeah, first 15 minutes and, for me, since I couldn't figure out how to do the "extra 30 minutes" when setting up the recording from my smartphone and so also missed most of the fourth quarter.

I sure hope they do a replay on ESPNU at some point.

I did the 30-minute extension and still missed the last couple minutes. And no, I didn't get to see the beginning, either...

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM

He might...but I don't.

TILIS-BisonFan
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
For whatever reason the whole game was was recorded on cable one on my dvr.

bisonmike2
01-07-2013, 09:24 PM
He might...but I don't.

I don't either. ESPN2 stuck with that fukn Pittsburg basketball game until the very end and when the finally cut into the game it was NDSU getting ready to punt on the opening drive.

tony
01-07-2013, 09:31 PM
I had a buddy in Seattle watching the game - guess it was on a 15-minute delay there.

1998braves64
01-07-2013, 09:42 PM
I believe ND native fans (in ND) got to see the whole game. It cut off the Pitt-Rutgers game with about 30 secs to play (probably took 5 mins I'm assuming?) when I was watching. They had some technical difficulties switching the game as it went to ESPN spanish and then blacked out for awhile went back to the bball game then 30 secs remaining in bball game it went to the start/intro of NDSU-SHSU... didn't miss a thing!

GradBison
01-07-2013, 09:45 PM
I believe ND native fans (in ND) got to see the whole game. It cut off the Pitt-Rutgers game with about 30 secs to play (probably took 5 mins I'm assuming?) when I was watching. They had some technical difficulties switching the game as it went to ESPN spanish and then blacked out for awhile went back to the bball game then 30 secs remaining in bball game it went to the start/intro of NDSU-SHSU... didn't miss a thing!

Not in Fargo, switched when the Bison were punting on the first series.

1998braves64
01-07-2013, 09:57 PM

Weird my brother out west; switched for him I think? maybe not I should ask him for sure. I was watching on Midco Cable... not sure if that makes a difference?!

Hammersmith
01-07-2013, 11:12 PM
Watching in the Wilkin in Breckenridge - also switched just before the punt. Think they were on DirecTV, but could be Midco. Had my laptop running the radio so we were able to hear what was going on. ESPN3 was blacked out in the Central & Eastern time zones prior to the game, so that really sucked. (It seemed to change at about 12:10, but it was basically too late by that time.)

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 11:30 PM
A response from ESPN. Looks like we may need to email bomb them. GABE????????????? WHERE ARE YOU? BAtshit signal.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear (Bisonteacher),

Thanks for writing.

This program is not currently scheduled to re-air; and unfortunately, video
copies are not available.

Did you know that you can also get scheduling information for all of the ESPN
networks? Just visit ESPNTV.com.

Sincerely,

Candice
ESPN Viewer Response

56BISON73
01-07-2013, 11:34 PM

In AR as well. We also missed the last couple of minutes even though I extended the time by 30 minutes.

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 11:51 PM
In AR as well. We also missed the last couple of minutes even though I extended the time by 30 minutes.

for some reason I thought to record the game after as well. Not sure why...but I did. lucky. Now I just need to get the first 15 minutes.

NorthernBison
01-08-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't either. ESPN2 stuck with that fukn Pittsburg basketball game until the very end and when the finally cut into the game it was NDSU getting ready to punt on the opening drive.

This will ALWAYS happen. Get used to it when there is a live broadcast immediately before the time slot you want to see.

I thought they might start the FCS Title game on ESPN News but I believe they only do that if they anticipate a long overlap (like if the basketball game went into OT).

The basketball game that followed our football game started on Directv channel 207 because the football game went quite a ways into that timeslot. They switched it to 209 right when the football game ended.

If anybody thinks they will ever spend much time on the post-game, you might as well forget that too. The only chance of getting the trophy presentation on is if the game ends well ahead of the expiration of the time slot. Same thing happens with all of the "minor" Championships. Send all the emails you want but don't expect it to change.

Bisonguy
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM

The full game and pre-game intro were on CableOne in Fargo. My TV did the same as 1998braves64 described, with the video cutting out, then ESPN espanol, then finally getting the intro and full game.

matt
01-08-2013, 01:52 PM

This is exactly what happened in Grand Forks, we have Midcontinent for cable.

THEsocalledfan
01-08-2013, 02:06 PM
This is exactly what happened in Grand Forks, we have Midcontinent for cable.

Same thing in SD.....we got the whole game.

Professor Chaos
07-29-2013, 12:54 PM
If anyone's still interested in recording it they're replaying this game at 6PM tonight on ESPNU.

THEsocalledfan
07-29-2013, 03:50 PM
If anyone's still interested in recording it they're replaying this game at 6PM tonight on ESPNU.

And for those who are just interested in versions for phone, DVD's, and the like, so I us know where to get them.

Hammersmith
07-29-2013, 05:29 PM
Also 11:30pm Wed night and 3:00pm Sat afternoon if you miss it tonight.

CaBisonFan
07-29-2013, 07:27 PM

......thanks......

56BISON73
07-29-2013, 11:21 PM
Whos doing the game day thread?????????????????:biggrin:

1998braves64
07-30-2013, 04:00 AM
Whos doing the game day thread?????????????????:biggrin:

Don't jinx it... it may come back to haunt us with us having to vacate the win!

56BISON73
07-30-2013, 05:02 AM
Im now watching the 2012 championship game.

bisoningrandforks
07-30-2013, 12:49 PM
anybody.....I bought the 2011 dvd championship season in review....where's 2012?.....I can wait for another one done after possible 3-peat

BisonNation11
07-30-2013, 01:24 PM
anybody.....I bought the 2011 dvd championship season in review....where's 2012?.....I can wait for another one done after possible 3-peat

Been out for awhile now... Even had a special premier showing in the Fargo Theater. Two options this year: DVD or Blu-Ray

http://www.ndsubookstore.com/MerchList.aspx?ID=22742