PDA

View Full Version : who replaces Lund

MAKBison
01-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Now that Lund's run is over (we are proud of you and will miss you) who replaces him and what does next years line look like?

BisoninNWMN
01-06-2013, 02:31 AM
My guess is J Hinz.

westriver bison
01-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Lund is really good. Who replaces him? I don't care, he will be a stud by the playoffs and we'll threepeet.

HandoEX
01-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Hinz, the same guy that played great as a tFr in the playoffs two years ago when Lund was hurt.

jimmyptubas
01-06-2013, 03:17 AM
Well then we will see you again next year!

MAKBison
01-06-2013, 03:18 AM
Is the talk about Juckem leaving real or speculation... obviously he played this year without cartilage its not like it will be any worse next year. I would assume its just a matter of him dealing with the pain or is there more to it.

There are no chinks in the Bison armour next season. Turner, Colville, Hinz, Gimmestad, Haeg ....to be heavily challenged by Plankers, Johnson, Hahn, LaVoy, Lechler, Schueller, and Pomerenke. Bison will be at least 11 or 12 deep on the O line.

The Bison played 10 D linemen in the NC game Emanuel, Jirik, Schaetz, Drevlow, Gordon, Hagen, Juckem, Luecke, LaVoy, Hardie and lose only 1 (2 with Juckem) and get Perry back.... Rock solid on the D line also.

wide receivers....everyone's back.
quarterbacks......everyone is back
Running backs....everyone is back +
Tight ends....lose Bruhn....but he only played half a year

Linebackers....all starters back
safeties....lose Ollman gain Heagle and 2 incredible r-fr
Corners....lose Martin...

10 of the 24 starters in the NC were underclassmen.....
Vraa, Colville, Haeg, LeCompte, Keller, Emanuel, Schaetz, Littlejohn, Beck, Dudzik,

SamsRams
01-06-2013, 03:52 AM
Leading candidate in my eyes is Schueller

MAKBison
01-06-2013, 04:01 AM
Not disagreeing---Just curious to hear a rational

Leading candidate in my eyes is Schueller

SamsRams
01-06-2013, 06:37 AM
Not disagreeing---Just curious to hear a rational

Hinz was moved outside and Schueller was 2nd string all year for a reason

rutlandbison
01-06-2013, 01:04 PM
Hinz was moved outside and Schueller was 2nd string all year for a reason
I think the reason he wasn't second was because he redshirted. I could be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere.

stevdock
01-06-2013, 02:26 PM
My guess is Zack Johnson starts somewhere next season, probably at Center. Remember he was like the #15 Center in the nation in High School last year and rotated in quite often as a true freshman this year. There will be a lot of competition for playing time on the O-Line next year.

Rynomite
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
There are no chinks in the Bison armour next season. Turner, Colville, Hinz, Gimmestad, Haeg ....to be heavily challenged by Plankers, Johnson, Hahn, LaVoy, Lechler, Schueller, and Pomerenke. Bison will be at least 11 or 12 deep on the O line.

The Bison played 10 D linemen in the NC game Emanuel, Jirik, Schaetz, Drevlow, Gordon, Hagen, Juckem, Luecke, LaVoy, Hardie and lose only 1 (2 with Juckem) and get Perry back.... Rock solid on the D line also.

Vraa, Colville, Haeg, LeCompte, Keller, Emanuel, Schaetz, Littlejohn, Beck, Dudzik,

This just excites me more about next year and the threepeat!

Kermit
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
My guess is Zack Johnson starts somewhere next season, probably at Center. Remember he was like the #15 Center in the nation in High School last year and rotated in quite often as a true freshman this year. There will be a lot of competition for playing time on the O-Line next year.

Austin Farnloff was the kid who was nationally-ranked as a center prospect. I do agree that Johnson will be a strong contender for a starting position. I wouldn't put too much stock in who was the backup center this year. In the end, the best five o-linemen will play. Hinz was moved to tackle last spring because they were looking for a starting tackle--not because he wasn't good enough to be the #2 center.

My guess is that Johnson and Hinz are the most likely candidates to crack the starting lineup. I am also hearing good things about Plankers' development.

BisonNation11
01-08-2013, 01:40 AM
My guess is that Johnson and Hinz are the most likely candidates to crack the starting lineup. I am also hearing good things about Plankers' development.

I heard that about Plankers as well. Something about putting on 2 pounds of muscle for every pound of fat lost? Can't remember the statistic exactly but it was staggering the strength he is putting on.

JustinTyem
01-08-2013, 01:53 AM

Vraa, Colville, Haeg, LeCompte, Keller, Emanuel, Schaetz, Littlejohn, Beck, Dudzik,This is a nice problem to have next summer/fall camp !!!!!

stevdock
01-08-2013, 01:57 AM
I heard that about Plankers as well. Something about putting on 2 pounds of muscle for every pound of fat lost? Can't remember the statistic exactly but it was staggering the strength he is putting on.

I have Jack's brother in my class right now and heard from the kids in school that Jack got to dress for the game Saturday, so I asked him what was the deal with that. And all he knew was that the coaches said he had earned the spot. Obviously the coaches are very high on him then.

SamsRams
01-08-2013, 02:02 AM
I have Jack's brother in my class right now and heard from the kids in school that Jack got to dress for the game Saturday, so I asked him what was the deal with that. And all he knew was that the coaches said he had earned the spot. Obviously the coaches are very high on him then.
Stumpf did also.

BismarckBisonFan
01-08-2013, 02:04 AM
I have Jack's brother in my class right now and heard from the kids in school that Jack got to dress for the game Saturday, o I asked him what was the deal with that. And all he knew was that the coaches said he had earned the spot. Obviously the coaches are very high on him then.

I watched the replay today and saw number 70 on the sidelines. Had to look at roster because I didn't know who it was. He does look huge.

stevdock
01-08-2013, 02:09 AM
I watched the replay today and saw number 70 on the sidelines. Had to look at roster because I didn't know who it was. He does look huge.

He is one BIG boy. I'm not exactly tiny, but I have always felt very small next to him and I've known him pretty well since he was a freshman in HS.

Snowgoose
01-08-2013, 02:29 AM
Stumpf did also.

Would that mean the stumpf has the lead on being on the two deep as an outside linebacker next year.

BismarckBisonFan
01-08-2013, 02:33 AM
Stumpf did also.

Good for M.J. I did see the article about Plankers, Stumpf, and Landon L (from Beach N.D.) that mentioned how much they have improved their body comp by lifting and eating right. I did see Landon sitting with the other red shirts down in our corner of the stadium. He was a giant amongst the rest of the red shirts.

Kermit
01-08-2013, 03:14 AM

3 red shirts were rewarded with being allowed to be in uniform for the natty: Jack Plankers, MJ Stumpf, and Eric Perkins. My sources tell me that Stumpf is a stud and that he is similar in some ways to Travis Beck.

tony
01-08-2013, 03:50 AM
More importantly, what replaces Lund's beard? That thing is ferocious. I mean, it ate Lund's own mustache. I suspect that it is a mustache-devouring force of nature. If you think about it, that would explain NDSU's dominance over formerly-powerful mustache-sporting coaches (thought I noticed something different about SDSU's cheerleaders too...)

CaBisonFan
01-08-2013, 03:53 AM
No one replaces Joe Lund.

HandoEX
01-11-2013, 07:16 PM
I heard Schueller is the top candidate to replace Lund. Lots can change, but it was a pretty good source.

westnodak93bison
01-11-2013, 07:57 PM
It appears we could have some nice depth at OL. Does any team rotate OL like we rotate DL?

CivilBison96
01-11-2013, 08:05 PM
It appears we could have some nice depth at OL. Does any team rotate OL like we rotate DL?

I don't think so, a good OL is one that plays as a unit so continuity is important. While DL is more scheme oriented and allows for a little more freelancing while maintining their responsibility within the scheme.