PDA

View Full Version : Toll roads...

number1bisonfan
01-03-2013, 02:08 PM
How do the toll roads work, do we need change, bills, etc? Thought I heard you could register online..

Gilley
01-03-2013, 02:20 PM
Bills work I know, Think it costed me 8.50 or something to go from Topeka to the end of it basically on the Kansas/OK boarder.

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Bills work I know, Think it costed me 8.50 or something to go from Topeka to the end of it basically on the Kansas/OK boarder.

I think he's talking about in the Metroplex specifically. Just drive the frontage roads/surface streets if you're concerned. Otherwise, if you don't planning on driving all over the place, you'll be fine.

Gilley
01-03-2013, 02:33 PM
Ah I drove all over last year down here and never got charged but not saying they haven't changed it for this year.

silkamilkamonico
01-03-2013, 03:38 PM
Don't they just send you a bill in the mail?

You don't have to get any kind of scanner device so the satellite picks it up I wouldn't think.

I would be that guy that would just drive through the city on those toll roads completely ignorant, not paying attention to any of the signs not even knowing I had to pay. I hate those because you have to veer off an exit to pay the toll if you aren't registered and I miss those every single time.

gumby013
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
Don't they just send you a bill in the mail?

You don't have to get any kind of scanner device so the satellite picks it up I wouldn't think.

I would be that guy that would just drive through the city on those toll roads completely ignorant, not paying attention to any of the signs not even knowing I had to pay. I hate those because you have to veer off an exit to pay the toll if you aren't registered and I miss those every single time.

They photograph your license plate and send you the bill.

I was charged on my rental car last year. Got a second charge on my card a couple weeks later.

imabison
01-03-2013, 04:33 PM
They photograph your license plate and send you the bill.

I was charged on my rental car last year. Got a second charge on my card a couple weeks later.

Enterprise said Texas is all electronic now for tolls. Rental car has a electronic decal or plate, charge billed tuo cc.

I would make sure you get a decal if your in a personal vehicle.
Not sure where or how thought.

1998braves64
01-03-2013, 06:14 PM
https://www.ntta.org/Pages/default.aspx

northendzone
01-03-2013, 06:33 PM
We drove all around last year with personal car and didn't buy anything or receive anything in the mail. This year we have rental and plan to do the same and just see what happens.

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
We drove all around last year with personal car and didn't buy anything or receive anything in the mail. This year we have rental and plan to do the same and just see what happens.

You'll get charged with your rental.

GRAFTONBISON
01-03-2013, 06:44 PM
You'll get charged with your rental.

We did not last year.

nickels
01-03-2013, 06:48 PM
We did not last year.
Keep an eye out. I just got the bill from last year in the mail 2 weeks ago.

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 06:49 PM
We did not last year.

Really? Are you sure there wasn't like a $2 charge on your credit card like a week later? I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look specifically for it.

GRAFTONBISON
01-03-2013, 06:54 PM
Really? Are you sure there wasn't like a $2 charge on your credit card like a week later? I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look specifically for it.

Nope, nothing. When we picked it up (Hertz, I believe) we asked twice and they said it was covered by the company.

1998braves64
01-04-2013, 02:26 AM
I think you can pay a fee at the rental company and then it's covered by the rental company... but you can also refuse it and then it will get charged to your credit card when the car is returned and the NTTA sends the rental company a bill (at a higher rate plus a fee from rental company depending on company I suppose). Personally you're spending a ton of money what is another $25... or just drive on the frontage roads... you get there just about as fast as someone said the speed limit is 45 and they're usually not very busy and if you hit stoplights just right you hardly even have to stop.