PDA

View Full Version : NDSU Travel Numbers

kab1one
01-03-2013, 12:56 AM
Interesting watching Sugar Bowl Tonight. Florida sold 7,000 of 17,000 allotment, Louisieville 14,000 of their 17,000. Realize its cheaper to buy bowl tickets on the secondary market or direct from the bowl then it is from the school.

Last night the Orange, the upper deck seemed to be about half full. lower Deck did not appear full.

I know the goof's only sold 1, or 2,000 of their tickets.

So 15,000 bison fans in Frisco, that has to be one of the top travel groups this bowl season. I would assume Notre Dame (anyone since their system of ticket allocation- Straight Lottery, no priority, one of the biggest donors did not get tickets from the university) and Alabama will travel well.

bisonaudit
01-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Before Xmas only national championship game and Cotton Bowl tickets were going for more on Stub Hub than our game.

THEsocalledfan
01-03-2013, 02:12 AM
By the way, guess what the winner of the Sugar Bowl wins? Absolutely nothing. Can someone explain the purpose of this game to me?

marenlee
01-03-2013, 02:14 AM
I've caught most of the bowl games. How many of the stadiums have been filled? Only the Rose Bowl from my observations.

kab1one
01-03-2013, 02:15 AM
By the way, guess what the winner of the Sugar Bowl wins? Absolutely nothing. Can someone explain the purpose of this game to me?

I remember as a kid New Years Day. All the big bowl games, Citrus in morning, Cotton, Fiesta,Rose, Orange and Sugar at night. It was one game after the other, some overlap. They were a big deal. Now on ESPN versus all day of regular TV. The only reason I have the Sugar Bowl tonight is there isn't anything to watch that appears good, and well I don't know why else I am watching it.

BisonTeacher
01-03-2013, 02:19 AM

I bet the kids are having a lot of fun though!

BisonTeacher
01-03-2013, 02:20 AM
I remember as a kid New Years Day. All the big bowl games, Citrus in morning, Cotton, Fiesta,Rose, Orange and Sugar at night. It was one game after the other, some overlap. They were a big deal. Now on ESPN versus all day of regular TV. The only reason I have the Sugar Bowl tonight is there isn't anything to watch that appears good, and well I don't know why else I am watching it.

Wolves are on.

56BISON73
01-03-2013, 02:24 AM

What did we get for playing Prairie View? But seriously. They got 2 more weeks of practice. They got to play in another game for the senors and the fans got to have a great time. There was a time that they used to match up teams according to rankings and prestige. But then the conferences started to to sign agreements with the bowls and they have all lost their previous luster due to the proliferation of numerous other bowls games. But the purpose of the game is to bring revenue to the area businesses sponsoring the game.

56BISON73
01-03-2013, 02:26 AM

Yep New Years day was huge.

BisonTeacher
01-03-2013, 02:26 AM
But the purpose of the game is to bring revenue to the area businesses sponsoring the game.

Exactly...its not about football anymore

THEsocalledfan
01-03-2013, 02:30 AM
What did we get for playing Prairie View? But seriously. They got 2 more weeks of practice. They got to play in another game for the senors and the fans got to have a great time. There was a time that they used to match up teams according to rankings and prestige. But then the conferences started to to sign agreements with the bowls and they have all lost their previous luster due to the proliferation of numerous other bowls games. But the purpose of the game is to bring revenue to the area businesses sponsoring the game.

The game itself is nothing more than a scrimmage. It means nothing. It is as meaningless as a game UND played at the end of the season. NDSU needed to win the Prairie View game to get their d1 win total up; that makes it fundamentally different. These bowls are a joke, and this is a BCS one I think.

kab1one
01-03-2013, 02:30 AM
Wolves are on.
Doesn't seem like they showed up tonight.

kab1one
01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
I will say this Louisville QB looks pretty good though, or maybe Florida defense spent too much time on Bourbon Street.

CaBisonFan
01-03-2013, 02:32 AM
I've been to two bowl games where Notre Dame played. They travel huge...but they also have a big fan base everywhere.

I'm not a fan...but I've seen this in person.

Looked like Wisconsin brought a huge group. That's normal for them.

westnodak93bison
01-03-2013, 03:04 AM
Before Xmas only national championship game and Cotton Bowl tickets were going for more on Stub Hub than our game.

For Louisville to see how many field goals they can miss?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

56BISON73
01-03-2013, 03:09 AM
The game itself is nothing more than a scrimmage. It means nothing. It is as meaningless as a game UND played at the end of the season. NDSU needed to win the Prairie View game to get their d1 win total up; that makes it fundamentally different. These bowls are a joke, and this is a BCS one I think.

Ummm I can tell you that these teams dont think its a scrimmage. To you it means nothing. (Obviously.) To them its much more.

BisonTeacher
01-03-2013, 03:23 AM
Ummm I can tell you that these teams dont think its a scrimmage. To you it means nothing. (Obviously.) To them its much more.

Thats because they have been told it means something. I think we can all agree that the kids are playing their asses off. But in reality...its just another game.

unbison
01-03-2013, 12:38 PM
Add to that the players get a kick ass gift bag at these bowls!

Hammerhead
01-03-2013, 12:52 PM
That depends on the team. I'm not sure Florida was happy to be in the Sugar Bowl since they had hoped to be playing for the BCS trophy. One of the local talk show hosts here in Portland was an all-American at BYU in the late 90s and they lost 3 bowl games because, in his opinion, the team thought they should have done better than the Liberty Bowl or Motor City Bowl. One assistant coach even quit on the spot and refused to coach in the game because nobody was taking it seriously.

NorthernBison
01-03-2013, 01:38 PM
Exactly...its not about football anymore

One thing that really changed the intensity of the Bowl system is the loss of the conference alignments. That has irreversibly changed the system. It cannot be fixed.

Remember when the Rose Bowl was the BEST of the Big 10 vs. the Best of the PAC? That meant something. Same is true for some of the other major Bowls. That doesn't exist any more because the teams and conferences are all mixed up.

cbline
01-03-2013, 01:51 PM
I've been to two bowl games where Notre Dame played. They travel huge...but they also have a big fan base everywhere.

Daughter #1 boards a plane Friday morning to head to Miami to play in "The Band of the Fighting Irish". She gets 4 nights in Miami. Man, would I LOVE to be there to hear the band and see the game. She had better send me some text photos from the stadium if she can.

bisonsupporter
01-03-2013, 02:00 PM

The purpose is to make as many millions of dollars as possible, while the athletes who are considering entry to the NFL draft get a national tv audience to show what they can do.

Sugar Bowl last night has to put Teddy Bridgewater as the 2nd favorite Heisman candidate next year behind Aaron Murray (if he stays).

roadwarrior
01-03-2013, 11:31 PM
About half of the Frontier flight from DEN to DFW was Bison fans. One guy getting on the plane thought he boarded the wrong plane. He asked if the flight was going to Fargo.

AjaxTheMighty
01-04-2013, 01:56 AM
Thats because they have been told it means something. I think we can all agree that the kids are playing their asses off. But in reality...its just another game.

This is about as true as it gets. There is no post-season for these schools. I have no interest in them because there is nothing at stake. No win or go home mentality. That is what makes post season play excellent in the NFL and FCS. It is, as thesocalledfan said earlier, meaningless. ALL teams win, lose, AND go home! That sucks balls. BOOOOOOORRRRRING!!! I watched some of The Sugar bowl. Hard to get into.