PDA

View Full Version : Louisville vs. Florida

344Johnson
01-03-2013, 12:33 AM
Florida throws pick six first play of the game. Shamwow.

NDSUstudent
01-03-2013, 12:35 AM
Wow stadium looks empty in the upper levels.

MontBison
01-03-2013, 12:52 AM
Fuck Florida and the SEC

344Johnson
01-03-2013, 01:34 AM
I love the SEC. I have no opinion regarding Florida.

NorthernBison
01-03-2013, 01:51 AM
Gotta laugh at the Florida defense acting out when they make a stop. They are getting sliced and diced by Teddy Bridgewater. Those idiots might want to check the scoreboard.

marenlee
01-03-2013, 02:09 AM
Enjoying the game so far. 24-10 at half. Florida manage to score on 4th down at the end of the half. Just a few observations, looks like more Louisville fan in attendance, and they are definitely much louder than the Florida fans. Plus seeing the Florida fans cheering loudly when their team had the ball. I'm just enjoying the hell out of this so far because I'm in the middle of Florida/Georgia land. Florida is saturated with fair weather fans.

THEsocalledfan
01-03-2013, 02:13 AM
Guess what the winner of this game wins? Absolutely nothing. I just don't get it.

JMB
01-03-2013, 02:53 AM
Florida getting their ass handed to them is good for College Football. It shows the SEC may be somewhat vulnerable and maybe the other conferences deserve some respect.

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 03:30 AM
Guess what the winner of this game wins? Absolutely nothing. I just don't get it.

While I agree the bowls are pointless, it does provide some OOC matchups that might never otherwise happen. It's ok as a fan...

NDSUFan_Sav
01-03-2013, 04:16 AM
Floridas offense has been garbage most this season and it showed today. Their defense forgot to show up and so did their fans imo georgia should of been in this game over Florida.

IndyBison
01-03-2013, 04:16 AM
I enjoy the Bowl games. There's a lot of fun and excitement around each of them. They are often good match-ups of teams who don't get to play often. I would be in favor or eliminating the concept of a national champion and go with bowl champions only. It's really hard for both to exist simultaneously. I like the move toward an FBS playoff but I think it will eventually eliminate the bowls as they grow the number of teams in the tournament.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-03-2013, 04:21 AM
I enjoy the Bowl games. There's a lot of fun and excitement around each of them. They are often good match-ups of teams who don't get to play often. I would be in favor or eliminating the concept of a national champion and go with bowl champions only. It's really hard for both to exist simultaneously. I like the move toward an FBS playoff but I think it will eventually eliminate the bowls as they grow the number of teams in the tournament.

I think they should have 12 team playoff with top 4 getting a bye and go 12-8-4-2 each can still be a bowl game?

56BISON73
01-03-2013, 04:22 AM

The bowl match ups were better this year. Especially in the lessor bowls. There were some pretty good football that was played. Not to mention it was entertaining as well.

onbison09
01-03-2013, 04:24 AM
Why aren't they doing the final 4 next year? I was all pumped that this would be the last year of the BS"Championship" and they realized it wouldn't. Does it really take 2 years to set that up?

NDSUFan_Sav
01-03-2013, 04:36 AM
Why aren't they doing the final 4 next year? I was all pumped that this would be the last year of the BS"Championship" and they realized it wouldn't. Does it really take 2 years to set that up?

Prob because of a contract, no idea though

IndyBison
01-03-2013, 04:38 AM
I think they should have 12 team playoff with top 4 getting a bye and go 12-8-4-2 each can still be a bowl game?
Those bowl games would get very little attendance. A team is not going to get enough people to follow them on the road for 3-4 weeks. The Big Ten Championship game was a great example of this. I talked to fans of both schools (Nebraska and Wisconsin) who said they knew people who were saving their money for their bowl game.

The basketball tournament can't be an example because earlier rounds typically have smaller arenas (15-25k) and each weekend has 4-8 teams. The football tournament will eventually evolve to school hosted sites. They can maybe get away with it a little with 4 teams/2 rounds but beyond that they will start to have issues selling tickets.

onbison09
01-03-2013, 04:41 AM
Prob because of a contract, no idea though

TV contract I'm sure. Damnit! *Beavis voice*

ndsubison1
01-03-2013, 04:41 AM

like sav said the bcs contract expires after next season. the four team playoff expires in 2025

ndsubison1
01-03-2013, 04:42 AM
Those bowl games would get very little attendance. A team is not going to get enough people to follow them on the road for 3-4 weeks. The Big Ten Championship game was a great example of this. I talked to fans of both schools (Nebraska and Wisconsin) who said they knew people who were saving their money for their bowl game.

The basketball tournament can't be an example because earlier rounds typically have smaller arenas (15-25k) and each weekend has 4-8 teams. The football tournament will eventually evolve to school hosted sites. They can maybe get away with it a little with 4 teams/2 rounds but beyond that they will start to have issues selling tickets.

do it like the fcs then. only championship is neutral field

IndyBison
01-03-2013, 04:50 AM
do it like the fcs then. only championship is neutral field
It will have to be or it will fail financially. I wonder if they would allow the bidding process like they do in FCS though.

GRAFTONBISON
01-03-2013, 04:27 PM
Gotta laugh at the Florida defense acting out when they make a stop. They are getting sliced and diced by Teddy Bridgewater. Those idiots might want to check the scoreboard.

That was an embarrassment. Almost like watching professional football. Couldn't help but cheer for Louisville last night.

marenlee
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
It seems like a trend with the sec in the bowl games. Undisciplined showboating play. And the ncaa is severely behind the ncaa in "protecting" the players. Lack of calls when it comes to personnel fouls in a lot of the games.

NDSUFan_Sav
01-03-2013, 05:08 PM
Bridgewater was suppose to go to LSU, what could of been...sigh

MontBison
01-03-2013, 07:34 PM

Les miles would have wasted his talent at the qb just like all the other ones

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 07:49 PM

Technically, he was supposed to go to the U.

devin45k
01-03-2013, 07:50 PM
Technically, he was supposed to go to the U.

I could have swore they were talking about the University of Miami and not LSU, also

EndZoneQB
01-03-2013, 07:54 PM
I could have swore they were talking about the University of Miami and not LSU, also

Yep. The U's coach "departed" and he decommitted. Not sure if he ever verballed to LSU or not, but I know they were in the mix.