PDA

View Full Version : Western Carolina

Gully
01-02-2013, 09:35 PM
Kolpack tweets that Gene Taylor doesn't anticipate them honoring the contract....looking for a replacement game.

BisonNation11
01-02-2013, 09:37 PM
Cupcake please. I'd like to see Wentz out there for at least a half as well as GO's backup. Plus a return trip to Frisco is in the plans. :biggrin:

BisonFan02
01-02-2013, 09:38 PM
SO not COmiN'? Shocker.

SamsRams
01-02-2013, 10:18 PM
Well at least Gabe is consistant in getting everything wrong.

Also i guess i should say once again i was right.

Damn it feals good to be a gangsta

heckler
01-02-2013, 11:35 PM
Dom izzo is pimping a school he wants us to play :facepalm:

aces1180
01-02-2013, 11:44 PM
Dom izzo is pimping a school he wants us to play :facepalm:

I think it would be in NDSU's best interest to schedule a game on September 14 instead of September 21, as this would give us a bye right before conference play begins.

I do however think it would be OK for the Bison to host UND in a one-time game for $150K and bus fare, with no obligation to play in GF anytime soon. :)

coloradobison
01-02-2013, 11:45 PM
I think it would be in NDSU's best interest to schedule a game on September 14 instead of September 21, as this would give us a bye right before conference play begins.

I do however think it would be OK for the Bison to host UND in a one-time game for $150K and bus fare, with no obligation to play in GF anytime soon. :)

They are paying us right?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-03-2013, 12:06 AM

How about a bowl of soup and a free hat?

Of course the hat would be the one with the NEW logo.* :biggrin:

*TAB wouldn't have it any other way

BisonNation11
01-03-2013, 12:10 AM

How about we take their beloved Olive Garden, give 'em a swift kick in the a$$, and call it a day?

Hammersmith
01-03-2013, 12:40 AM
Can't imagine that UND would want to schedule the game anyway. They've already got 11 games scheduled and their September looks like this:

Sep 7 - South Dakota State
Sep 14 - Montana(non-conf)
Sep 21 - Bye
Sep 28 - Montana State
(all games in GF)

The only way I see it working is if Montana lets them out of that game for little to no money. UND currently has 7 home games scheduled for next season, so they could give one up without too much of a fuss. And a payout from NDSU would more than cover the gate money they would lose from the Montana game. That would even let the schools move the game to Sep 14 which would allow for a bye before the conference schedule for both teams.

That all being said, I don't think either school is interested in the deal. It's all going to be pushed by the media.

Come on Dom and Jeff, leave the poor dead horse to decompose in peace. (or pieces as the case may be)

tony
01-03-2013, 03:15 AM
Can't imagine that UND would want to schedule the game anyway.

Perfect! Pull a UND and conduct negotiations via the press. "We offered UND x hundred thousand to come play in Fargo when the usual FBS program they bend over for (Some City/Town/Village In California State) offers them only y hundred thousand (where x > y) and they won't take it! That, my friends, is fiscal irresponsibility! Loud noises!"

HerdBot
01-03-2013, 03:39 AM
Can't imagine that UND would want to schedule the game anyway. They've already got 11 games scheduled and their September looks like this:

Sep 7 - South Dakota State
Sep 14 - Montana(non-conf)
Sep 21 - Bye
Sep 28 - Montana State
(all games in GF)

The only way I see it working is if Montana lets them out of that game for little to no money. UND currently has 7 home games scheduled for next season, so they could give one up without too much of a fuss. And a payout from NDSU would more than cover the gate money they would lose from the Montana game. That would even let the schools move the game to Sep 14 which would allow for a bye before the conference schedule for both teams.

That all being said, I don't think either school is interested in the deal. It's all going to be pushed by the media.

Come on Dom and Jeff, leave the poor dead horse to decompose in peace. (or pieces as the case may be)

Well at least Gabe is consistant in getting everything wrong.

Also i guess i should say once again i was right.

Damn it feals good to be a gangsta

People who have to point out they are right do it to overcompensate for a small penis. Blame psychology

BisonTeacher
01-03-2013, 03:40 AM
People who have to point out they are right do it to overcompensate for a small penis. Blame psychology

"It's science."....Ron Burgandy

Hammersmith
01-03-2013, 03:58 AM

Honest question: What's with your fixation on penises? Your neg reps are normally some grade schoolish deliberate misspelling of "eat cock" and now this. Is there something you'd like to share with the class?

HerdBot
01-03-2013, 12:23 PM
Honest question: What's with your fixation on penises? Your neg reps are normally some grade schoolish deliberate misspelling of "eat cock" and now this. Is there something you'd like to share with the class?

Penis jokes are classic. If George Carlin can do it, so can I! Have you heard the bigger dick foreign policy bit?

Gully
01-07-2013, 03:07 AM
Ok, not sure about all the penis talk, but......

Since the FB season is over and we all need something to piss and moan about we might as well worry about next year's fb schedule. At this point it's going to be tough to find DI games so I say offer to play the team that shall not be named in Fargo for a guarantee. No commitment to a series. If that doesn't work we might have to take an away game, unless GT thinks he can find another last minute PV.

BisonTeacher
01-07-2013, 03:10 AM

Since the FB season is over and we all need something to piss and moan about we might as well worry about next year's fb schedule. At this point it's going to be tough to find DI games so I say offer to play the team that shall not be named in Fargo for a guarantee. No commitment to a series. If that doesn't work we might have to take an away game, unless GT thinks he can find another last minute PV.

Dude...this is twice in two days. First...i heard you say the phrase that must not be said. Now this?

perthbison
01-07-2013, 03:19 AM

I say offer to play the team that shall not be named in Fargo for a guarantee. An interesting idea but money isn't that much of a concern up there as they routeinly rape the state of ND for money. It appears that we even helped put new turf in the alerus. They'll not bite and the in state press will spin it as bad behavior by NDSU. More realistic to find a PV and let the backups have a game to gain experience.

JustinTyem
01-07-2013, 03:23 AM
Dont forget the "Nickel",we want that damn "NICKEL" Back !!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmeUuoxyt_E

JSUBison
01-14-2013, 07:35 PM
This is a 31 Flavors level rumor, so don't ask for proof. But apparently Clemson has South Carolina State AND The Citadel scheduled next year. SCSU on Sept 7th, and The Citadel on November 23. Clemson is wanting to buy one of them out according to meacfans.

The SCSU game is Sept 7, which is our Montana State game. The Citadel game is November 23rd, which is the South Dakota game. The Citadel has Oct 19 as an open date, but we play SIU. So it doesn't look like Clemson buying out the Citadel would help us. I don't know when SCSU has an open date, but hopefully it matches up with one of ours. (Sept 14, 21 and Nov 2.) I think it would be a good get, as SCSU was already looking to play a money game. They could take the buyout from Clemson, along with the cash from us. SCSU has money problems.

KilldeerBison
01-14-2013, 07:51 PM
An interesting idea but money isn't that much of a concern up there as they routeinly rape the state of ND for money. It appears that we even helped put new turf in the alerus. They'll not bite and the in state press will spin it as bad behavior by NDSU. More realistic to find a PV and let the backups have a game to gain experience.

I agree. I support Gene Taylor's decision; No Pooh In 2013!

56BISON73
01-14-2013, 08:01 PM
Penis jokes are classic. If George Carlin can do it, so can I! Have you heard the bigger dick foreign policy bit?

Penis jokes are classic when they are funny. You arent funny. You also try to use the penis reference in a different context which isnt funny. Hence---whats your fixation with penis references?

MankatoBison
01-14-2013, 09:44 PM
Just watched "roll tide, War eagle" on ESPN 30 for 30 and it was just... incredible haha. anyways they said way back when, Auburn and Alabama didnt play for 40 or so consecutive years because of some people got mad over "he said, she said, he started it" etc. anyways the state passed legislation that they would give them considerably less money unless they started playing again haha. Has there been any form of that in the ND legislature ever? I live in MN so I have no idea.

NDSUstudent
01-14-2013, 09:48 PM
Just watched "roll tide, War eagle" on ESPN 30 for 30 and it was just... incredible haha. anyways they said way back when, Auburn and Alabama didnt play for 40 or so consecutive years because of some people got mad over "he said, she said, he started it" etc. anyways the state passed legislation that they would give them considerably less money unless they started playing again haha. Has there been any form of that in the ND legislature ever? I live in MN so I have no idea.

They almost got involved once, and it is only a matter of time until they do so again.

344Johnson
01-14-2013, 09:49 PM

The funny thing is nowadays the state of Alabama wouldn't dare threaten the almighty Saban University with that. Auburn....maybe, until they get their poop in a group again.

HerdBot
01-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Penis jokes are classic when they are funny. You arent funny. You also try to use the penis reference in a different context which isnt funny. Hence---whats your fixation with penis references?

strange coming from a guy who brags how everyone needs to taste his sausage but your entitled to your opinion

gotts
01-14-2013, 10:11 PM
strange coming from a guy who brags how everyone needs to taste his sausage but your entitled to your opinion

no need to get teste over it...

56BISON73
01-14-2013, 10:15 PM

You are incorrect again(as usual) Others brag about my sausage. I just let others know where what kind is available.

Vitojr130
01-15-2013, 04:21 PM
no need to get teste over it...
There appears to be a vas(t) deferen(ce) between opinions....

344Johnson
01-15-2013, 04:31 PM
There appears to be a vas(t) deferen(ce) between opinions....

lolol 10 char.

Tatanka
01-16-2013, 12:19 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/aviewp1_zps8d813a8a.gif

TbonZach
01-16-2013, 04:10 AM
http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/aviewp1_zps8d813a8a.gif

http://thafeedback.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/haveaseat-3b.gif

HerdBot
01-16-2013, 05:34 AM
They almost got involved once, and it is only a matter of time until they do so again.

Yeah that's the role of government. Dictate football games. Forget about roads, infrastructure, protecting the public and the constitution

daddy daycare
01-16-2013, 12:15 PM
Yeah that's the role of government. Dictate football games. Forget about roads, infrastructure, protecting the public and the constitution

^^^^^2nd^^^^^

Tatanka
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
Yeah that's the role of government. Dictate football games. Forget about roads, infrastructure, protecting the public and the constitutionYou forgot "mandate school nicknames and logos".

GRAFTONBISON
01-16-2013, 01:28 PM
You forgot "mandate school nicknames and logos".

Their roles know no bounds, how do they squeeze it all in only meeting every two years?

tony
01-16-2013, 01:31 PM

Last session the primary role of the legislature was to increase teh power of the legislature which begs the question, "To what end?"

stevdock
01-16-2013, 03:13 PM
Outside of Iowa and Iowa St are there any other BIG rivalry games between school in the same state but outside of conference play??

I believe I heard once that Iowa/Iowa St is state mandated. But outside of that if one team wants to play another every year get into the same conference and then let the conference schedule dictate.

aces1180
01-16-2013, 03:16 PM
Outside of Iowa and Iowa St are there any other BIG rivalry games between school in the same state but outside of conference play??

I believe I heard once that Iowa/Iowa St is state mandated. But outside of that if one team wants to play another every year get into the same conference and then let the conference schedule dictate.

-Colorado (Pac12) and Colorado State (MWC)
-Florida (SEC) and Florida State (ACC)
-Georgia (SEC) and Georgia Tech (ACC)
- Purdue (Big 10) and Notre Dame (Ind.)

344Johnson
01-16-2013, 03:19 PM

Florida/Florida State.
Notre Dame/USC
Georgia/Georgia Tech
Clemson/South Carolina

Though I compare NDSU/UND to more of a Texas/ Texas A&M and they decided to cut ties and probably won't be bringing it back anytime soon.

aces1180
01-16-2013, 03:26 PM
Florida/Florida State.
Notre Dame/USC
Georgia/Georgia Tech
Clemson/South Carolina

Though I compare NDSU/UND to more of a Texas/ Texas A&M and they decided to cut ties and probably won't be bringing it back anytime soon.

Good call with Clemson/South Carolina...However, USC/ND does apply as they are in different states.

Ferd
01-16-2013, 05:25 PM
Delaware and Delaware State. They finally played a year or two ago.

southcliffbison
01-16-2013, 06:22 PM

Or, to appease the 47 % , have obama sign an executive order mandating the game. Woooo Whoooo !!!

bisononce
01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
And watch as some Republican pussies object to an executive order as unconstitutional and then fold and run away, to run away for another day.

westnodak93bison
01-17-2013, 12:19 AM
And watch as some Republican pussies object to an executive order as unconstitutional and then fold and run away, to run away for another day.

You are dangerously close to getting scolded by admin for talking about the dreaded "P" word.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bisononce
01-17-2013, 01:50 AM
And, of course, you are correct sir. My shame in entering the "P" realm knows no bounds!

tony
01-17-2013, 01:50 AM
You are dangerously close to getting scolded by admin for talking about the dreaded "P" word.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, sorry, didn't look at the thread for a bit because I thought it was going to be UND stuff. Turns out it was political stuff. Joy. And what's more, the language of political insults has gotten so abstract that reading those last two posts, I couldn't even tell what the hell they are going on about. 47%? Executive order? Guess I'd haven't read the chain emails that explain the backstory.

Please, no partisan politics. Want to talk about policy? That's another thing.

Bisonator98
01-23-2013, 02:36 PM
So by when does WCU need to let GT know they are buying out the game? There must be a deadline, no?

td577
01-23-2013, 03:06 PM
I got to think the timing of the buyout effects the amount. X amount by certain date and growing as time passes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IndyBison
01-23-2013, 04:34 PM
-Colorado (Pac12) and Colorado State (MWC)
-Florida (SEC) and Florida State (ACC)
-Georgia (SEC) and Georgia Tech (ACC)
- Purdue (Big 10) and Notre Dame (Ind.)
All very good examples. I think the Colorado and Georgia ones are most relevant because there aren't many other programs at the same level as them in those states. Colorado does have Air Force but that's a different beast. Purdue and Indiana is a decent rivalry with a lot of history but IU is a more hated rivalry to Purdue and you also have Ball State as an FBS school. Florida has several other FBS schools. The other benefit the FBS schools have is they play 12 regular season games so it's easier for them to have an annual home and home with a non-conference rival.

HandoEX
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
So by when does WCU need to let GT know they are buying out the game? There must be a deadline, no?
The game is bought out. We called them to see if they had hotel rooms booked for their trip to Fargo and they said the game is off of their schedule and they are not coming to play NDSU.

IzzyFlexion
01-24-2013, 01:29 AM
The game is bought out. We called them to see if they had hotel rooms booked for their trip to Fargo and they said the game is off of their schedule and they are not coming to play NDSU.

friggin pussies.
go ahead and ask Georgia Southern how it felt to be run over by that karma train.
Am I making sense..........................no, I doubt it.
friggin pussies.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 02:17 AM

Should have been no need for a call from NDSU. WC should have made the call and sent the check for the buyout. Only reason to wait on sending the buyout would be if the contract specified a date when due. Not very professional.

aces1180
01-24-2013, 02:19 AM
Should have been no need for a call from NDSU. WC should have made the call and sent the check for the buyout. Only reason to wait on sending the buyout would be if the contract specified a date when due. Not very professional.

I think he called for his work, not as a rep of NDSU.

CAS4127
01-24-2013, 02:21 AM

It's called integrity--many lack it personally, professionally and institutionally-->just sayin' of course.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 02:22 AM
I think he called for his work, not as a rep of NDSU.

Oh. My bad.

I'm still not impressed if they have already made the decision and Gene has to assume they aren't coming. Oh well, things work differently in the world of college athletics. Seems professionalism is hit or miss.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 02:31 AM
I'm going to go ahead and assume Gene and office already know what is happening. Forgive him if he's not in a hurry to announce they need a game for next year. Do you remember the meltdown we had on here this year? I don't want to be here when that happens. He might be working on replacing it already and we wouldn't even know anything until it's done. Weren't there articles and a sh*tstorm after everyone found out Nebraska called? Maybe he is trying to keep it underwraps until they have an idea of what is going to be the end game. UND has an open date? Does anyone want to deal with that when NDSU suddenly has an open date for UND? It doesn't even have to be possible, you KNOW the local talking heads will take that and run with it. Hell, I'm sure UND doesn't want to hear it either...

runtheoption
01-24-2013, 02:55 AM
I'm going to go ahead and assume Gene and office already know what is happening. Forgive him if he's not in a hurry to announce they need a game for next year. Do you remember the meltdown we had on here this year? I don't want to be here when that happens. He might be working on replacing it already and we wouldn't even know anything until it's done. Weren't there articles and a sh*tstorm after everyone found out Nebraska called? Maybe he is trying to keep it underwraps until they have an idea of what is going to be the end game. UND has an open date? Does anyone want to deal with that when NDSU suddenly has an open date for UND? It doesn't even have to be possible, you KNOW the local talking heads will take that and run with it. Hell, I'm sure UND doesn't want to hear it either...

You said blah, blah, blah, NDSU VS. NEBRASKA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes!! Someone call Dizzo, and Tweet this mf'ing news. ;)

perthbison
01-24-2013, 02:57 AM
friggin pussies.
go ahead and ask Georgia Southern how it felt to be run over by that karma train.
Am I making sense..........................no, I doubt it.
friggin pussies.You're making lots of sense. They're pusses.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 12:46 PM

Ummm. We have whole thread discussing the "open date" that UND has that coincides with the Western Carolina game that everybody knows is off. The MEDIA is well aware of this as they've already written about it. They don't really have an open date though because they have 11 games on the schedule and aren't looking to play 12 weeks in a row. I'd say UND is NOT even an option.

I basically don't care what cupcake Gene schedules to come in here to replace Western Carolina. It's simply replacing one HORRIBLE opponent for another. I'm not sure Western carolina is much better than a good high school team (1-10 last year and they beat something called Mars Hill) .

What's becoming increasingly frustrating is that this happens every year and these dogs are now getting wise to the fact that they can ask upwards of $300,000 to come to Fargo and Gene has to bend over and take it or settle for a 10 game schedule. The ONLY thing that makes it a bit easier to take is that we have $150,000 coming from Western to offset some of the cost. However, if I was one of the dogs that Gene was trying to lure to Fargo, that would go into my REVISED calculation of how much I could EXTORT and drive up the asking price even more. I'd strongly consider asking the $250,000 that we paid PVAM last year PLUS the $150,000 I know is in the pocket and see who blinks.

Professor Chaos
01-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Oh. My bad.

I'm still not impressed if they have already made the decision and Gene has to assume they aren't coming. Oh well, things work differently in the world of college athletics. Seems professionalism is hit or miss.
There's a reason why they've lost their last 26 games against D1 competition. Overall their record the last 7 years is 12-66. Professionalism is an unknown entity with their foorball program.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 02:41 PM
Ummm. We have whole thread discussing the "open date" that UND has that coincides with the Western Carolina game that everybody knows is off. The MEDIA is well aware of this as they've already written about it. They don't really have an open date though because they have 11 games on the schedule and aren't looking to play 12 weeks in a row. I'd say UND is NOT even an option.

Exactly. Now imagine that with the fact that we DO have an official open date. It would be down right annoying...and I agree, they are NOT an option, but that will not matter.

JSUBison
01-24-2013, 02:42 PM

I basically don't care what cupcake Gene schedules to come in here to replace Western Carolina. It's simply replacing one HORRIBLE opponent for another. I'm not sure Western carolina is much better than a good high school team (1-10 last year and they beat something called Mars Hill) .

What's becoming increasingly frustrating is that this happens every year and these dogs are now getting wise to the fact that they can ask upwards of $300,000 to come to Fargo and Gene has to bend over and take it or settle for a 10 game schedule. The ONLY thing that makes it a bit easier to take is that we have $150,000 coming from Western to offset some of the cost. However, if I was one of the dogs that Gene was trying to lure to Fargo, that would go into my REVISED calculation of how much I could EXTORT and drive up the asking price even more. I'd strongly consider asking the $250,000 that we paid PVAM last year PLUS the $150,000 I know is in the pocket and see who blinks.

If we didn't have an FBS game every year, this problem wouldn't be as big of an issue. NDSU doesn't need the $ from FBS games every year, an every other year game is something I prefer. I understand why it's done, but going to an every other year FBS game would open up that slot, and maybe NDSU could schedule a 2-1 against some of the have nots in FCS. Even if NDSU were losing money per game to bring in a cake, which they aren't, you have to consider happy fans and team makers means more $$ to NDSU in other channels. Gene knows how big home games are. If NDSU were to go to an alternating schedule of 6 home games one year and 5 home games the other, I think people would be pissed. There are a few teams in FCS who shouldn't have to play more games on the road than at home, and NDSU is one of them.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 03:10 PM
If we didn't have an FBS game every year, this problem wouldn't be as big of an issue. NDSU doesn't need the $ from FBS games every year, an every other year game is something I prefer. I understand why it's done, but going to an every other year FBS game would open up that slot, and maybe NDSU could schedule a 2-1 against some of the have nots in FCS. Even if NDSU were losing money per game to bring in a cake, which they aren't, you have to consider happy fans and team makers means more $$ to NDSU in other channels. Gene knows how big home games are. If NDSU were to go to an alternating schedule of 6 home games one year and 5 home games the other, I think people would be pissed. There are a few teams in FCS who shouldn't have to play more games on the road than at home, and NDSU is one of them.

I agree. There are two major reasons for the FBS games. MONEY used to be the primary one. That's becoming less and less of an issue. Right now, we are basically giving that check away to bring in two cupcakes to fill the schedule.

The other reason for the FBS is less quantifiable but probably more important. It helps us be part of the big time and that helps recruiting, visibility, keeps us in touch with alumni, etc.

Gene has a tough job and it is getting tougher every year.

td577
01-24-2013, 03:33 PM
There needs to be a sixth home game. GT will make it happen one way or another.

Kermit
01-24-2013, 03:47 PM

What he said. Great post.

HandoEX
01-24-2013, 04:07 PM
I don't work for NDSU. One of my Sales Managers called WCU to see if they had hotel accomodations for the trip to Fargo and they told her the info I posted.

HerdBot
01-24-2013, 09:32 PM

We did not pay Western Carolina 300k. Source :

Bison Media Blog

" NDSU originally signed the contract with Western in late August of 2011 for 125,000, with a buyout of 150 K."

But I do agree we have been paying more than that lately. And Patty Vivvarito said on a radio interview that the playoff committee may start giving more weight for ranked D2 teams with 38 scholarships than a non scholarship team.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 09:45 PM
We did not pay Western Carolina 300k. Source :

Bison Media Blog

" NDSU originally signed the contract with Western in late August of 2011 for 125,000, with a buyout of 150 K."

But I do agree we have been paying more than that lately. And Patty Vivvarito said on a radio interview that the playoff committee may start giving more weight for ranked D2 teams with 38 scholarships than a non scholarship team.

I never said anything about what we agreed to pay Western Carolina.

We can get deals like the Western Carolina contract when they are done early. Now, when they buy out, and we have to try find a replacement, it is a thin market and we don't hold the cards. Granted, we have the $150,000 in our pocket to soften the blow a little bit. But, the PVAM's of the world know that too so it can be a real windfall for them if they dig in and wait.

td577
01-24-2013, 09:51 PM
I never said anything about what we agreed to pay Western Carolina.

We can get deals like the Western Carolina contract when they are done early. Now, when they buy out, and we have to try find a replacement, it is a thin market and we don't hold the cards. Granted, we have the $150,000 in our pocket to soften the blow a little bit. But, the PVAM's of the world know that too so it can be a real windfall for them if they dig in and wait.

The 150 + 125 = someone fairly decent you would think.

SDbison
01-24-2013, 09:55 PM
Pay a lower level FBS team to come to Fargo. And don't say it should be impossible. We have a better game day environment then most of the lower FBS teams.

EndZoneQB
01-24-2013, 09:58 PM
Pay a lower level FBS team to come to Fargo. And don't say it should be impossible. We have a better game day environment then most of the lower FBS teams.

There is no reason a MAC or WAC(NMSU??) couldn't come here and play. It's about as big as most of their stadiums anyway...they just don't wanna go on the road to an FCS team and lose.

NDSUstudent
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM

The going rate for that kind of game is $500,000-1,200,000

Not going to happen ever.

Maybe we could do a home and home or a 2 for 1.

NorthernBison
01-24-2013, 10:15 PM
There is no reason a MAC or WAC(NMSU??) couldn't come here and play. It's about as big as most of their stadiums anyway...they just don't wanna go on the road to an FCS team and lose.

Only reason I can think of is money.

HooliganBison
01-24-2013, 10:29 PM
They dont care about OUR gameday atmosphere, they care about whats best for their program just like us. Would we ever go to a d2 school, no effing way. There is zero incentive for them to come here and probably lose. And if you dont think the athletic department doesnt need 400k from these fbs games you might be on something. There are only about 10 colleges in the nation whose athletic department actually turns a profit. That 400k pays a lot of salaries.

td577
01-24-2013, 10:49 PM

What is Idaho up to?

HerdBot
01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
What is Idaho up to?

That would be an interesting home and home. I would say do it. Of course getting them here is another story

Tatanka
01-25-2013, 12:23 AM
What is Idaho up to?

I heard they're building a second deck in their dome or something like that. Hey, I wonder if that would work in the dome.

BadlandsBison
01-25-2013, 12:28 AM
I heard they're building a second deck in their dome or something like that. Hey, I wonder if that would work in the dome.

I hope its portable

Edit: I realized that has 2 meanings. Can the deck support Rob Port?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Tatanka
01-25-2013, 12:40 AM
I hope its portable

Edit: I realized that has 2 meanings. Can the deck support Rob Port?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

There is the question of the size of the concourses.

JSUBison
01-25-2013, 08:50 PM
UCF just bought out Bethune-Cookman on a game that was scheduled for Sept 14. The date would work for NDSU, just have to switch the bye week. Not the greatest team, but they were a 2012 playoff team. Getting BC would mean starting off with FBS K-State and three straight FCS playoff teams. I think it would be a great get. BC is located in Florida, which seems to be heating up for NDSU in recruiting, so that can't hurt either.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-ucf-set-to-play-at-penn-state-in-happy-valley-in-2013-home-in-2014-20130125,0,5279416.post

aces1180
01-25-2013, 09:06 PM
UCF just bought out Bethune-Cookman on a game that was scheduled for Sept 14. The date would work for NDSU, just have to switch the bye week. Not the greatest team, but they were a 2012 playoff team. Getting BC would mean starting off with FBS K-State and three straight FCS playoff teams. I think it would be a great get. BC is located in Florida, which seems to be heating up for NDSU in recruiting, so that can't hurt either.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/knights-notepad/os-ucf-ucf-set-to-play-at-penn-state-in-happy-valley-in-2013-home-in-2014-20130125,0,5279416.post

I'd prefer the 9/21 bye week...Gives them a week off before MVFC games start.

Answer Guy
01-25-2013, 09:17 PM
and Gene has to bend over and take it

Some Bison AD's were better than others at that.

aces1180
01-25-2013, 09:23 PM

He was UND's AD first.

Answer Guy
01-25-2013, 09:51 PM
He was UND's AD first.

He was never UND's AD, but I don't expect you to start using facts at this point.

Tatanka
01-25-2013, 09:59 PM
Some Bison AD's were better than others at that.http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/Tatankabucket/tumblr_m9onkig8uh1qj5v6xo1_500_zps94fcee92.gif
Nicely played.

aces1180
01-25-2013, 10:22 PM
He was never UND's AD, but I don't expect you to start using facts at this point.

I stand corrected...but he did come from UND.

344Johnson
01-25-2013, 11:48 PM

He was UND's AD first.

I was too young to know the story until my dad made a joke about it in Texas. Turns out we saw him that night in Omaha.....assuming we are all on the same page right?<-------not referring to 40 posts per page.

taper
01-27-2013, 12:13 AM
And Patty Vivvarito said on a radio interview that the playoff committee may start giving more weight for ranked D2 teams with 38 scholarships than a non scholarship team.

Good thing the Patriot League is going partial scholarship so we don't have to put up with Lehigh fans complaining about that ranking.

HerdBot
01-27-2013, 03:43 AM

That would be awesome. Love stomping playoff teams from weak conferences because it goes a long way toward setting examples that the Valley and western teams are superior. Remember 3 years ago when Emdiggy picked Robert Morris? Hasn't picked against us since

BisonTeacher
01-27-2013, 12:48 PM
Remember 3 years ago when Emdiggy picked Robert Morris? Hasn't picked against us since

Except for CSU last fall. Not that im holding a grudge or anything. :-)

tony
01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
Bethune-Cookman would be a great team to play. They made the playoffs two of the last three years. Plus, it's always interesting to play a team for the first time.

HerdBot
01-27-2013, 07:15 PM
Except for CSU last fall. Not that im holding a grudge or anything. :-)

Except when he picked them he almost made it sound like he wasn't very confidant

aces1180
02-08-2013, 02:13 PM
This game will now be played in 2016...

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=206317262

DePereBisonFan
02-08-2013, 03:02 PM

This compromise makes me really happy. As frustrating as it is to have to reschedule a game this year, it certainly is nice to get a game scheduled down the road. I wonder if Western Carolina had to pay any fees for changing the date.

SamsRams
02-08-2013, 10:00 PM
This compromise makes me really happy. As frustrating as it is to have to reschedule a game this year, it certainly is nice to get a game scheduled down the road. I wonder if Western Carolina had to pay any fees for changing the date.

I wonder if the buyout went up for 2016 and what happens when Western Carolina drops football?

Jay
02-10-2015, 06:37 PM

Game has been called off once again.

BisonFan02
02-10-2015, 06:49 PM

Source? Not surprised though.

HerdBot
02-10-2015, 06:56 PM

Western Carolina is run by a bunch of losers so I'm not surprised. If we have to play a D2 team, they will probably put up some better competition anyway.

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2015, 06:57 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: #NDSU AD Matt Larsen confirms the #NDSU-Western Carolina game is OFF for September 1st, 2016

CAS4127
02-10-2015, 07:02 PM
Can't veiw lind. Y was it cancelled?

gumby013
02-10-2015, 07:03 PM
Let the replacement speculation begin.

gumby013
02-10-2015, 07:04 PM
Can't veiw lind. Y was it cancelled?

Western scheduled a game with ECU.

bruinbison
02-10-2015, 07:07 PM
gumby013
Re: Western Carolina
Let the replacement speculation begin.

New Hampshire, they have their new stadium opening in 2016 - do a home-and-home

oh wait, that would mean NH on the road, followed by Eastern Washington at home, followed by Iowa on the road,
gotta find a cupcake, would GFU do a 3-and-none? :)

KSBisonFan
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
Stony Brook available?

Mr Meaty
02-10-2015, 07:15 PM
UN_ for another game in Fargo. :rofl:

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2015, 07:16 PM
UN_ for another game in Fargo. :rofl:

Moorhead State is closer.

gumby013
02-10-2015, 07:18 PM
Moorhead State is closer.

Concordia is even closer.

FARGO NORTH IS EVEN CLOSER

Mr Meaty
02-10-2015, 07:22 PM
Concordia is even closer.

FARGO NORTH IS EVEN CLOSER

Those are all better competition than UN_.

Bison Loaf
02-10-2015, 07:24 PM
Why don't we ask ESPN who'd they'd like to have us schedule for when GameDay comes back to Fargo for the 4th year in a row. :biggrin: (no purple)

td577
02-10-2015, 07:44 PM
Why don't we ask ESPN who'd they'd like to have us schedule for when GameDay comes back to Fargo for the 4th year in a row. :biggrin: (no purple)

I am not kidding here when I say I was thinking we should find out who ESPN would like us to schedule when I saw the Western game was cancelled, again. Maybe they would have interest in televising something.

Bisonator98
02-10-2015, 07:46 PM
Is there site to view future FCS schedules?

Bison Loaf
02-10-2015, 07:55 PM
I am not kidding here when I say I was thinking we should find out who ESPN would like us to schedule when I saw the Western game was cancelled, again. Maybe they would have interest in televising something.

I'm not kidding either...............and I beat YOU to it, so ..................... I got that going for me, which is nice. :)

Bison Loaf
02-10-2015, 08:02 PM
New Hampshire, they have their new stadium opening in 2016 - do a home-and-home

oh wait, that would mean NH on the road, followed by Eastern Washington at home, followed by Iowa on the road,
gotta find a cupcake, would GFU do a 3-and-none? :)

Are we confident the B1G boy won't pull out?

TWSS

bruinbison
02-10-2015, 08:09 PM

Perhaps the 2016 Iowa game?
Actually, my worry with Iowa, IknowIknowbutGaryBartabutGeneTaylor.............
is that Iowa loses its' first game opening the 2015 season..........to Illinois State.
Then the pressure builds to cancel/buyout NDSU.
If Matt Larsen knew that was going to happen, NDSU could do that New Hampshire idea to open 2016 on the road with their new stadium. Good tv game then.
Perhaps NDSU-UNH could still happen.....if the Eastern Washington game were to be moved.
Anyways, sorry to bounce all over the place :badpc:

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
@DomIzzoWDAY: Updated on Western Carolina buyout: number is 200K WCU paid to get out of #NDSU game #FCSFootball

NDSUKurt
02-10-2015, 08:29 PM
What was the buyout for the game?

I vaguely remember that when Western Carolina wanted to move the game the last time, NDSU agreed on the stipulation that the buyout was increased to $200k.

Does anyone know if this is accurate or am I completely off base?

StL Bison Fan
02-10-2015, 08:31 PM
What was the buyout for the game?

I vaguely remember that when Western Carolina wanted to move the game the last time, NDSU agreed on the stipulation that the buyout was increased to $200k.

Does anyone know if this is accurate or am I completely off base?

Posted above yours. Izzo says 200,000

NDSUKurt
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM
Posted above yours. Izzo says 200,000

Thanks...that was pretty close timing on the posts.

bruinbison
02-10-2015, 08:33 PM

TWSS

Ha! Was busy typing my previous post when you posted this. :)
So no, I am not confidant in the Hawkeye game happening, especially with Iowa playing Illinois State to start next season.
That's also why I'm having fun trying to think of what AD Larsen's plan B & C might be.

NDSUKurt
02-10-2015, 08:41 PM

TWSS

NDSU is getting paid $500k for the Iowa game, so I am going to assume the buyout is the exact same amount. If this is the case, Iowa won't buyout because they would have to pay about $1 million to find a replacement on short notice, thus meaning they would have a total cost of over $1.5 million for one game. That is more than any school has paid for a single guarantee game ever, including Alabama.

Bison Loaf
02-10-2015, 08:45 PM
Ha! Was busy typing my previous post when you posted this. :)
So no, I am not confidant in the Hawkeye game happening, especially with Iowa playing Illinois State to start next season.

So.....you're saying I beat TWO good, solid BV posters to the punch today on the same thread. :)

Can complete consciousness on my deathbed be far behind?

td577
02-10-2015, 08:57 PM
So.....you're saying I beat TWO good, solid BV posters to the punch today on the same thread. :)

Can complete consciousness on my deathbed be far behind?

Now you are just toying with us.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Bison03
02-10-2015, 09:16 PM
This game was scheduled on a Thursday for some reason. I thought we were done scheduling Thursday games since the reason was to help attendance for the long holiday weekend. Clearly this isn't an issue now. I hope we can now schedule a game on a Saturday.

Tatanka
02-11-2015, 12:06 AM
ok. serious question. Bison have $200k of free money to play with. How much money does it take to get a MAC team to visit the Fargodome?

Dead serious.

:hide:

aces1180
02-11-2015, 12:15 AM
ok. serious question. Bison have $200k of free money to play with. How much money does it take to get a MAC team to visit the Fargodome?

Dead serious.

That would be awesome.

wtffootballfan
02-11-2015, 12:16 AM
How about Idaho in Fargo?

StL Bison Fan
02-11-2015, 12:19 AM
What BSC team haven't we beat yet? Should run that table first.

BisonNation11
02-11-2015, 12:49 AM
We beat SHSU 3 consecutive times, twice after they became Big Fluff champions. Been there, done that. Bring in App St.

gumby013
02-11-2015, 12:57 AM

Dead serious.

That number would be probably around $700K, possibly up to $1M.

They would likely have to jack up ticket prices for that game. Wouldn't be a problem selling them though.

EndZoneQB
02-11-2015, 12:59 AM

Dead serious.

We already have the Thursday night thing down, why not do a 1 for 1, or even a 2 for 1, and do the game on ESPN. double :hide:

gumby013
02-11-2015, 01:03 AM
I just checked. Buffalo and Eastern Michigan have that week open in the MAC.

Idaho does not have it open. That are playing Montana State.

Bisonator98
02-11-2015, 01:09 AM
I just checked. Buffalo and Eastern Michigan have that week open in the MAC.

Idaho does not have it open. That are playing Montana State.

The Bison vs Buffalo, let's do this! :biggrin:

NDSUKurt
02-11-2015, 01:54 AM

If either Portland State or Sacramento State still has a football team in 2016, they may be a candidate. They both are hard up financially and often play multiple FBS games a season for the money. There was discussion a year or two back that the athletic departments for these two schools must become self sufficient by 2016 or 2017 or their football teams could be shut down. This could play to the benefit for NDSU for a one and done with a Big Sky team.

NDSUKurt
02-11-2015, 01:59 AM
We already have the Thursday night thing down, why not do a 1 for 1, or even a 2 for 1, and do the game on ESPN. double :hide:

I like the idea of a 2 for 1. It would end up being with a FCS team. South Dakota State set one up with Drake. 2016 & 2017 in Brookings, 2019 in Iowa (2019 is a year that allows for 12 games in the season).

This would be the best for NDSU - find a team that would come to Fargo twice before we go to their home. If this happened, it would probably end up being a team from a crappy conference (Ohio Valley, MEAC, SWAC, Northeast or Patriot).

td577
02-11-2015, 02:21 AM
A two for one with Wyoming. Tell Bohl it will be statue weekend for him if they come here. It doesn't have to be a very big statue.

Bison4ever56
02-11-2015, 02:28 AM
find a team that would come to Fargo twice before we go to their home. If this happened, it would probably end up being a team from a crappy conference (Ohio Valley, MEAC, SWAC, Northeast or Patriot).

or find a team from the big sky to come to Fargo twice without a return trip... oh wait ;)

MNLonghorn10
02-11-2015, 02:30 AM
I like the idea of a 2 for 1. It would end up being with a FCS team. South Dakota State set one up with Drake. 2016 & 2017 in Brookings, 2019 in Iowa (2019 is a year that allows for 12 games in the season).

This would be the best for NDSU - find a team that would come to Fargo twice before we go to their home. If this happened, it would probably end up being a team from a crappy conference (Ohio Valley, MEAC, SWAC, Northeast or Patriot).

im pretty sure he wants to do something with the MAC...not the SWAC, MEAC or aconferencethatisn'tWACK

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
02-11-2015, 02:31 AM

Dead serious.

That number would be probably around $700K, possibly up to $1M.

They would likely have to jack up ticket prices for that game. Wouldn't be a problem selling them though.

Tatanka is either on something or onto something. I really like his thinking, though. Gumby is very close in his estimate as this is what MAC teams are currently getting from P5 teams to play them. We probably wouldn't need to pay them if we could do a 2 for 1. Not sure if we could find any takers, but it would be worth a try. Playing a bottom feeder FCS team at home is of no interest to me. Been there, done that.

NDSUKurt
02-11-2015, 02:37 AM
im pretty sure he wants to do something with the MAC...not the SWAC, MEAC or aconferencethatisn'tWACK

I understand that. However, low level FBS teams don't play at FCS schools.

Show me an example of this occurring in the last 10 years. (I do realize that Ball State was supposed to play at Illinois State this past season, but they did buy out of the game).

As much as NDSU fans want a 2 for 1 with a crappy FBS team, it won't happen. Period.

JSUBison
02-11-2015, 02:38 AM
Those FBS conferences often have rules or bylaws stating no travel to an FCS team. I know the Sun Belt has this rule, not sure on the MAC.

gumby013
02-11-2015, 02:42 AM

Show me an example of this occurring in the last 10 years. (I do realize that Ball State was supposed to play at Illinois State this past season, but they did buy out of the game).

As much as NDSU fans want a 2 for 1 with a crappy FBS team, it won't happen. Period.

Army played at Yale last year. BOOM! EXAMPLE!

EndZoneQB
02-11-2015, 02:42 AM

We also are not your average FCS team. Honestly, if they haven't asked/discussed it, I'd be pretty pissed. It's probably a non-starter...but you don't know until you ask. Maybe tell them you can get their program on College Gameday...jk.

unbison
02-11-2015, 02:44 AM
A two for one with Wyoming. Tell Bohl it will be statue weekend for him if they come here. It doesn't have to be a very big statue.

Nobody said it had to be a nice statue either just say statue weekend and then it could be a statue of rocky

NDSUKurt
02-11-2015, 02:45 AM
Army played at Yale last year. BOOM! EXAMPLE!

Nicely done. You have 1 example. And that was for a historical reason:

http://sportzedge.com/2014/09/17/armys-return-to-the-yale-bowl-could-be-a-tribute-to-the-darkest-moment-in-its-100th-anniversary-year-when-a-cadets-life-was-lost-on-the-field-of-play/

Other than that game, they just don't occur.

SamsRams
02-11-2015, 03:09 AM
Nicely done. You have 1 example. And that was for a historical reason:

http://sportzedge.com/2014/09/17/armys-return-to-the-yale-bowl-could-be-a-tribute-to-the-darkest-moment-in-its-100th-anniversary-year-when-a-cadets-life-was-lost-on-the-field-of-play/

Other than that game, they just don't occur.

Ball State at Illinois State......or wait they bought that game out. Nevermind

SamsRams
02-11-2015, 03:11 AM
Where the hell is the thread before this thread where I said WCU would not come in 2016? I will say I am surprised that it appears they will still have a football team in 2016

ndsubison1
02-11-2015, 07:30 AM
How about we play UND twice?

ndsubison1
02-11-2015, 07:41 AM
Wasnt there a dude on here who kept insisting that they wouldnt buy out the game? Or am I thinking of another team?

Christopher Moen
02-11-2015, 07:50 AM
Here are my far-fetched suggestions for WCU replacements:

Either Appalachian State or Georgia Southern. These two former FCS powerhouse teams aren't above an arse-whopping. And since I mention two former Southern teams, I'll throw in the Citadel as another option to appease Citdog.

Bisonator98
02-11-2015, 01:13 PM
Wasnt there a dude on here who kept insisting that they wouldnt buy out the game? Or am I thinking of another team?

I think most saw this coming.

Bisonator98
02-11-2015, 01:16 PM
Here are my far-fetched suggestions for WCU replacements:

Either Appalachian State or Georgia Southern. These two former FCS powerhouse teams aren't above an arse-whopping. And since I mention two former Southern teams, I'll throw in the Citadel as another option to appease Citdog.

No. Those games would really do nothing for NDSU. They're out of the recruiting footprint, no future home game possibilty, travel costs too great for the payout we'd get to make it worth while.

BisonNation11
02-11-2015, 01:26 PM
No. Those games would really do nothing for NDSU. They're out of the recruiting footprint, no future home game possibilty, travel costs too great for the payout we'd get to make it worth while.

I believe he's saying bring them here, not go there. And I agree we should try and bring in someone we normally wouldn't for a game. I doubt we'd get an FBS team, but it's worth at least discussing. If not, bring in an east coast or southern team that we wouldn't normally see. It'll be a tough spot to fill and we'll see how our new AD can handle this.

Bisonator98
02-11-2015, 01:29 PM
I believe he's saying bring them here, not go there. And I agree we should try and bring in someone we normally wouldn't for a game. I doubt we'd get an FBS team, but it's worth at least discussing. If not, bring in an east coast or southern team that we wouldn't normally see. It'll be a tough spot to fill and we'll see how our new AD can handle this.

Problem is none of those east coast or southeastern teams want to come here for similar reasons. Better off looking south or west, maybe a Southland team?

Bison Loaf
02-11-2015, 01:30 PM
People, people, people! :facepalm: Let's try to stay with the template that Gene always used, shall we? One home cupcake (now open) for playoff qualifying purposes, one home tougher game (EWU) and one FBS game on the road (Iowa) for a chunk of cash.

And yes, I know things have changed on the scheduling landscape for us, but if there ever WAS a year to stick with the old template, it's 2016 with the Big 10 opponent still in it.

Therefore, it's pretty obvious to me that we need a cupcake coming in to the FFD, and when you talk cupcake, we're talking bottom feeder Big Sky (and I DON'T mean old "you know whioux").

Farmer63
02-11-2015, 02:00 PM
Problem is none of those east coast or southeastern teams want to come here for similar reasons. Better off looking south or west, maybe a Southland team?

I agree. Find a Southland or Big Sky bottom feeder looking to pick up some quick cash. Get it done quick before the schedules fill up. Any FCS team will do.

Bison03
02-11-2015, 02:14 PM
At least they gave us more time to find a game then Montana State. Two things that are guaranteed for the replacement of this game. One, it will be a home game to keep us at 6 home games for the season. And two, it will be an easy FCS team or as a last resort a DII team (I hope not). With Eastern Washington and Iowa already on the schedule; there is no reason not to replace a cupcake game with a different cupcake game.

NodakBizon
02-11-2015, 02:28 PM
Have the previous years D2 champion come in for a home game. They would be better than UN_ anyways.

gumby013
02-11-2015, 02:32 PM
Have the previous years D2 champion come in for a home game. They would be better than UN_ anyways.

That's the same mistake teams make is scheduling us...

NDSUKurt
02-11-2015, 02:44 PM
At least they gave us more time to find a game then Montana State. Two things that are guaranteed for the replacement of this game. One, it will be a home game to keep us at 6 home games for the season. And two, it will be an easy FCS team or as a last resort a DII team (I hope not). With Eastern Washington and Iowa already on the schedule; there is no reason not to replace a cupcake game with a different cupcake game.

I agree with everything that you said. However, there could be a few potential problems.

First off, a lot of the bottom feeder teams that usually are willing to travel for guarantee games are not doing it as often anymore. Last season, Prairie View played only 10 games (in a 12 game season). There were teams that wanted to play them during one of their open dates (Northern Iowa), but Prairie View was so bad that they didn't even do a guarantee game for around $170k. So far for 2015, Savannah State and Alcorn State are also only playing 10 games. (These teams are notorious for playing 2 or 3 FBS games every year to make budget).

Second, many of the bottom feeder teams are playing teams that are D III, USCAA, NAIA, or College of Faith so that they can save money. By doing that, it takes away some of the possible matchups for NDSU.

Third, NDSU is so good that teams don't want to be embarrassed by them, no matter what the guarantee would be.

These are all things that could hinder NDSU getting that cupcake 6th home game with an cupcake team.

Bison03
02-11-2015, 02:55 PM
I agree with everything that you said. However, there could be a few potential problems.

First off, a lot of the bottom feeder teams that usually are willing to travel for guarantee games are not doing it as often anymore. Last season, Prairie View played only 10 games (in a 12 game season). There were teams that wanted to play them during one of their open dates (Northern Iowa), but Prairie View was so bad that they didn't even do a guarantee game for around $170k. So far for 2015, Savannah State and Alcorn State are also only playing 10 games. (These teams are notorious for playing 2 or 3 FBS games every year to make budget).

Second, many of the bottom feeder teams are playing teams that are D III, USCAA, NAIA, or College of Faith so that they can save money. By doing that, it takes away some of the possible matchups for NDSU.

Third, NDSU is so good that teams don't want to be embarrassed by them, no matter what the guarantee would be.

These are all things that could hinder NDSU getting that cupcake 6th home game with an cupcake team.

All these things are true, some teams don't want to travel to lose big. But I think that a lot of bottom feeders in the FCS have to swallow their pride and play these games. When you are a bad team, you aren't selling a lot of tickets to bring in revenue. It would be foolish of them to not take $200,000 or more to come play a game. Much like a lot of bottom feeder FBS teams do when playing top P5 teams. I liked the attitude that Incarnate Word's coach had coming into the game last year. He said that NDSU is the standard that all FCS teams should try and strive to be so it would be a good thing for his players and coaches to experience and play the best if they want to try an emulate them.

KSBisonFan
02-11-2015, 03:00 PM

@Bold reminded me of the Stonehenge scene from Spinal Tap for some reason.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view1/2196524/stonehenge-o.gif

Bisonator98
02-11-2015, 03:18 PM
That's the same mistake teams make is scheduling us...

We're not Sam Houston State! :biggrin:

I'd rather schedule a D1 game if at all possible. There are still plenty of options out there right now anyway.

gumby013
02-11-2015, 05:24 PM
Working on WCU Gameday sign ideas...

Tatanka
02-11-2015, 05:32 PM
WCU Cantamount to shit?
Sent from somewhere on teh intarwebs.

Bison03
02-11-2015, 05:33 PM

It is pretty funny that the game they bought out of cost them a chance for theri team to be featured on Gameday. I wonder what will happen that upcoming week next year now...

StL Bison Fan
02-11-2015, 05:35 PM
It is pretty funny that the game they bought out of cost them a chance for theri team to be featured on Gameday. I wonder what will happen that upcoming week next year now...

Larsen should have told them ok, I'll let GameDay know.

KilldeerBison
02-11-2015, 05:38 PM

WCU: The running kind, tracking the MSU Bobcats.

Christopher Moen
02-11-2015, 11:37 PM

My "Far-Fetch" suggested teams were definitely meant to be played at home and not away. Not too many, if any, FBS teams will come to the FargoDome. However, NDSU might be able to get a Sun Belt Conference team for a decent price, but that's a huge "might."

If NDSU was looking to travel instead, which I highly doubt they are, I wouldn't mind seeing them take on one of the Colorado FBS teams. However, I'm not sure Air Force, CU or CSU are willing to pay a school to come into town and beat them.

StL Bison Fan
02-11-2015, 11:47 PM
My "Far-Fetch" suggested teams were definitely meant to be played at home and not away. Not too many, if any, FBS teams will come to the FargoDome. However, NDSU might be able to get a Sun Belt Conference team for a decent price, but that's a huge "might."

If NDSU was looking to travel instead, which I highly doubt they are, I wouldn't mind seeing them take on one of the Colorado FBS teams. However, I'm not sure Air Force, CU or CSU are willing to pay a school to come into town and beat them.

After the last time at Colo State the only place Bison are welcome are bars

X-Factor
02-16-2015, 05:18 AM
Someone mentioned 2 for 1 with Wyo. What a terrible idea. No way should NDSU sign such an unfavorable contract with a bottom feeder FBS that we would slap up and down the field. Home and home, sure. 2 for 1 with a B12 only.

unbison
02-16-2015, 11:53 AM
Someone mentioned 2 for 1 with Wyo. What a terrible idea. No way should NDSU sign such an unfavorable contract with a bottom feeder FBS that we would slap up and down the field. Home and home, sure. 2 for 1 with a B12 only.
Hope you forgot the purple
That's a FBS that beat us first and they ain't coming to fargo

td577
02-16-2015, 01:41 PM
My suggestion for getting Wyoming here was with the premise we dangle a statue for Bohl. Clearly I was being facetious with the entire idea.

My problem with it being brought up again several pages later is that now it is said again completely out of context. The joke is that Wyoming isn't coming here but maybe we can get them to if we tell Bohl we are erecting a statue that day. It turns a 1,000,000 to one shot of getting a FBS school to visit the Fargodome into a 999,999 to one shot. The joke became further expounded by many suggesting the statue didn't even have to be of Bohl. It isn't so much fun when you have to help people catch up here and explain the humor. 99% got it and then someone comes in and turns it into a discussion about whether Wyoming should come here when it was never about that in the first place. My rant is over.

TransAmBison
02-16-2015, 01:56 PM
My suggestion for getting Wyoming here was with the premise we dangle a statue for Bohl. Clearly I was being facetious with the entire idea.

My problem with it being brought up again several pages later is that now it is said again completely out of context. The joke is that Wyoming isn't coming here but maybe we can get them to if we tell Bohl we are erecting a statue that day. It turns a 1,000,000 to one shot of getting a FBS school to visit the Fargodome into a 999,999 to one shot. The joke became further expounded by many suggesting the statue didn't even have to be of Bohl. It isn't so much fun when you have to help people catch up here and explain the humor. 99% got it and then someone comes in and turns it into a discussion about whether Wyoming should come here when it was never about that in the first place. My rant is over.That is why you need to show your work.

td577
02-16-2015, 02:04 PM
That is why you need to show your work.

I guess I failed.

runtheoption
02-16-2015, 02:20 PM

My problem with it being brought up again several pages later is that now it is said again completely out of context. The joke is that Wyoming isn't coming here but maybe we can get them to if we tell Bohl we are erecting a statue that day. It turns a 1,000,000 to one shot of getting a FBS school to visit the Fargodome into a 999,999 to one shot. The joke became further expounded by many suggesting the statue didn't even have to be of Bohl. It isn't so much fun when you have to help people catch up here and explain the humor. 99% got it and then someone comes in and turns it into a discussion about whether Wyoming should come here when it was never about that in the first place. My rant is over.Don't change a thing. Watching people take satire/sarcasm/humor the wrong way is the best thing about this place.

TransAmBison
02-16-2015, 02:24 PM
I guess I failed.Do not think of it as failing, think of it as an opportunity to sit at the dumb, err...challenged table with other simpletons, err...special students like rto, CAS, and AG.

runtheoption
02-16-2015, 02:35 PM
Do not think of it as failing, think of it as an opportunity to sit at the dumb, err...challenged table with other simpletons, err...special students like rto, CAS, and AG.Arrrrgh, you didn't put that in purple! That means you are serious, because Bisonville demands that all sarcasm and poking fun at people be put in purple! Expect a strongly worded PM from me!

bisonmike2
02-16-2015, 03:20 PM
Come Western Carolina! Show some balls and play us.

Those who stay on the schedule will be beaten by champions.

ndsubison1
02-16-2015, 04:08 PM
Lets do a 9 for 1 with Florida.

MNLonghorn10
02-16-2015, 05:07 PM
Lets do a 9 for 1 with Florida.
Your boy fears ndsu.

tjamz
02-16-2015, 07:06 PM
Arrrrgh, you didn't put that in purple! That means you are serious, because Bisonville demands that all sarcasm and poking fun at people be put in purple! Expect a strongly worded PM from me!

I see no reason for it to be in purple.