PDA

View Full Version : Champs!

Bison101
11-19-2006, 01:41 AM
We have done it. GWFC and Dakota Marker champs! Congrats men, you did it.

drewaely
11-19-2006, 01:43 AM
Is there a trophy for the GWFC title or do we just get some sort of banner?

kchats
11-19-2006, 01:49 AM
Looked like a lame framed certificate. Hopefully the Gateway comes calling soon and the Bison and Jacks can make the jump.

tony
11-19-2006, 01:52 AM
It doesn't matter what the certificate looks like... it is was it represents that matters.

I'm going to enjoy this season for a long time - you never know if there'll be another one like it. The chemistry on this team may never be equalled.

tcbison
11-19-2006, 01:53 AM
I am very proud of this team! They set their goals high and they accomplished them. Now we need to get some good teams on the schedule for next year and get some big games at the Fargodome! I will be ordering season tickets next year and am pumped for next year and for the playoff run in 2008!

89rabbit
11-19-2006, 01:53 AM
Congrats Bison, see you next year in Brookings!

Go Jackrabbits! :)

semobison
11-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Congrats Bison on a truly outstanding season, it will always be a year to remember.

NoDakSt
11-19-2006, 02:04 AM
Wow||

WOW!!

WOW!!

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Huge win for the football program, and congrats to the Bison on a great win and great season. Good year for SDSU as well.

4mcruenomore
11-19-2006, 02:18 AM
Congrats to our guys for a great season!!!

I also wanted to congratulate SDSU, nice program they have right now, they played a hell of a game!!

GO BISON!!

kchats
11-19-2006, 02:22 AM
Well deserved conference championship and Dakota Marker trophy. Great season with a 10-1 record. SDSU has really improved their program. Their coach did a great job turning it around after a rough start.

That said I don't think the Bison move up over Montana or Appalachian State and will remain a top 5 team at about #3.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 02:23 AM
Agreed. They would have needed to demolish SDSU to move up without one of those teams losing.

TheBisonator
11-19-2006, 02:24 AM
The exact words of a 40-something alumni standing behind me during the trophy presentation:

"This is the SHIT!!!"

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 02:26 AM
The exact words of a 40-something alumni standing behind me during the trophy presentation:

"This is the SHIT!!!"

Awesome.

kchats
11-19-2006, 02:27 AM
Not what the Great West Football Conference needed to show enough class and prestige to maybe entice the Bison and Jacks to hang around provided the Gateway conference comes calling.

NDSUFREAK10
11-19-2006, 02:29 AM
This only makes me want next year to come even more.

THANK YOU SENIORS!! *clap clap clap clap clap* THANK YOU SENIORS!! *clap clap clap clap clap* THANK YOU SENIORS!! *clap clap clap clap clap* THANK YOU SENIORS!! *clap clap clap clap clap*

kchats
11-19-2006, 02:32 AM
Time for the coaching staff to hit the recruiting trail and add to a talented roster. Need to add some more defensive linemen and defensive backs on offense. More wide receivers and running backs as well as offensive linemen on offense. As always they should add a QB.

Hopefully the coaching staff can remain intact. I think continuity on the coaching staff was a big reason this season was so good.

What a way to go out seniors, thank you for a great season.

sambini
11-19-2006, 04:05 AM
Thanks to Coach Bohl,staff, and players great effort. And the true meaning of a TEAM. We are very proud of you guys. And we will go as far as our seniors will take us. Seniors you took us to 10-1 thanks and Good luck to you in the future+++++++++++++

BisonBacker
11-19-2006, 04:36 AM
I am very proud of this team! They set their goals high and they accomplished them. Now we need to get some good teams on the schedule for next year and get some big games at the Fargodome! I will be ordering season tickets next year and am pumped for next year and for the playoff run in 2008!
With this Bison team that is going to be difficult to get teams to come to Fargo to play. Some on a different board out west were laughing about what NDSU pay opponents to come out and play and used it as an excuse for backing out on a game with us. Does anyone know what the amount is we are paying teams? I know it depends on the team coming in I would guess but we most certainly must be on par with what other IAA's are paying I would think.

coloradobison
11-19-2006, 04:40 AM
game is already in archive on gobison.com! quickest turn around for a game ever in the archive. i guess i know what i am doing for the rest of the night

BisonBacker
11-19-2006, 04:40 AM
Time for the coaching staff to hit the recruiting trail and add to a talented roster. *Need to add some more defensive linemen and defensive backs on offense. *More wide receivers and running backs as well as offensive linemen on offense. *As always they should add a QB.

Hopefully the coaching staff can remain intact. I think continuity on the coaching staff was a big reason this season was so good.

I think it all starts at the top. Coach Bohl is one class act. He sets the bar pretty high for himself and the players. They responded this year and I can hardly wait for next years season already. Wow this is going to be very tough to improve on. These guys have set the standard for future Bison teams just as the Championship Bison teams have in the past. Bison fans are lucky to have had and continue to have this caliber of football played here. It's great to be a Bison.

Jeffdaryl3rd
11-19-2006, 04:43 AM
Whatever happens, NDSU needs to set the buyouts on these games higher so that teams like Montana State don't take the buyout option and go play Mother Mary Sisters of the Poor Tech. And while I don't like the idea of D-II games, if we are going to play one to offset the Minnesota game, I'd like to at least see a top-ranked D-II team. If we can get whoever it is that wins the NC, great, but no Concordia-St. Paul please.

MNBisonFan
11-19-2006, 04:49 AM
[color=#ffff00]Time for the coaching staff to hit the recruiting trail and add to a talented roster. *Need to add some more defensive linemen and defensive backs on offense. *More wide receivers and running backs as well as offensive linemen on offense. *As always they should add a QB.

Hopefully the coaching staff can remain intact. *I think continuity on the coaching staff was a big reason this season was so good.

I noticed a lot of recruits at the game tonight. Any idea who some of these kids are and where are they from? With the season ending the coaches will be on the road visiting. :)

ALPHAMALE
11-19-2006, 04:58 AM
Congrats on the win Bison. You've got a great team and a great facility in Fargo.

MNBisonFan
11-19-2006, 05:00 AM
THANKS SENIORS FOR A GREAT SEASON. BEST WISHES TO EVERYONE OF YOU, YOU WILL BE MISSED. 8-) 8-) :) Nice job Bison Fans, way to get into the game.

bincitysioux
11-19-2006, 05:11 AM
Congratulations to NDSU and the Bison players on a fine 2006 Football season....... :)

DIBISON
11-19-2006, 05:16 AM
You did us proud Bison. You have no doubt elevated NDSU football back to the premier level. You have put Fargo and ND back on the map. Thank you.

JackJD
11-19-2006, 05:32 AM
Just got home from Fargo. As disappointed as I was to see the 'Rabbits lose, I nonetheless enjoyed the game. The punt return to a TD really hurt.

Congrats to the Bison, the Bison coaches and fans. You beat a good football team today and you did it fair and square.

I look forward to your visit to Coughin Alumni Stadium next Fall. You can tell the Jackrabbit program is on the upswing and we'll try to give you a pounding. Until then, best regards and thanks for being great hosts tonight.

By the way, the attendance...are you worried about offending your friends at UNDII...you're drawing a bigger crowd playing SDSU than you did against the Sioux? It was great being a part of that crowd.

DIBISON
11-19-2006, 05:37 AM
The sioux are a thing of the past. It was a great game last night and no doubt the Jacks have a football program that will be in the upper tier of DIAA, just a notch below the Bison!!