PDA

View Full Version : Northern Illinois vs. Florida St.

marenlee
01-02-2013, 02:45 AM
Mean to post this here, not watering hole :p

Almost halftime, been watching the whole game. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories against non-BCS schools, but FSU has had so many calls not called against them... Blatant helmet to helmet against the QB not called, blatant PI at the goalline not called. Should be 7-7 right now, instead it is 7-3. Still amazing so far as I didn't think NIU would come within 30 this game. But just like I watched Boise against Oklahoma 5 years ago I can always dream. Hopefully this game can stay close until the end. Here's to the underdogs of the world.

ndsubison1
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
niu has been very conservative offensively. fsus front is dominating the line of scrimmage and the speed is killing niu on both sides. i think this will go down to the wire. fsu has played down to their competition quite a bit. huskies have given up some big plays but theyve been terrific on 3rd down. niu just has to get something going offensively

marenlee
01-02-2013, 02:58 AM
Northern Illinois is no Boise State either. Hard for this program to play this game considering their head coach bolted for NC State ala Brian Kelly with Cincinnati. I think FSU will blow this game open this half, but hopefully the game will be somewhat respectable to the end.

MNLonghorn10
01-02-2013, 03:03 AM
this is the worst game ever.

aces1180
01-02-2013, 03:18 AM
The only good looking thing on that field is the grass.

That stuff is so green, it looks like field turf!

Wally
01-02-2013, 03:20 AM
The only good looking thing on that field is the grass.

That stuff is so green, it looks like field turf!

That, and a few fsu coeds

CarringtonBison
01-02-2013, 04:01 AM
Mean to post this here, not watering hole :p

Almost halftime, been watching the whole game. I'm not one to believe in conspiracy theories against non-BCS schools, but FSU has had so many calls not called against them... Blatant helmet to helmet against the QB not called, blatant PI at the goalline not called. Should be 7-7 right now, instead it is 7-3. Still amazing so far as I didn't think NIU would come within 30 this game. But just like I watched Boise against Oklahoma 5 years ago I can always dream. Hopefully this game can stay close until the end. Here's to the underdogs of the world.
I agree with this statement. I didn't notice this until you brought it up and I have been watching closer. NIU just "fumbled". I thought clearly it was not a fumble, but replay (I guess it was a Mr. Fett???) upheld the call when his knee was clearly down. Also, there was a blatant and I though vicious helmet to helmet hit on the EXACT same moment that was uncalled. I'm going to bed.

56BISON73
01-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Just when NIU looked like they were going to make a move this pissed it away. Say whats up with NIUs head coaches shirt. Does he moonlight as a barber? WTF?

ndsubison1
01-02-2013, 04:09 AM
that INT in fsu territory was huge. they got the onside. it looked like they were going to tie the game. took all their momentum away

Hammerhead
01-02-2013, 06:15 PM
It was better than the Heart of Dallas Bowl:

1 2 3 4 T
PUR 0 0 7 7 14
OKST 14 14 17 13 58

this is the worst game ever.

GRAFTONBISON
01-02-2013, 06:37 PM
It was better than the Heart of Dallas Bowl:

1 2 3 4 T
PUR 0 0 7 7 14
OKST 14 14 17 13 58

ButtBigTen???

BisonAccountant44
01-02-2013, 07:08 PM
I agree with this statement. I didn't notice this until you brought it up and I have been watching closer. NIU just "fumbled". I thought clearly it was not a fumble, but replay (I guess it was a Mr. Fett???) upheld the call when his knee was clearly down. Also, there was a blatant and I though vicious helmet to helmet hit on the EXACT same moment that was uncalled. I'm going to bed.

The ball started moving as soon as the FSU player reached around and poked it a little bit well before his knee went down. It didn't totally come loose until after his knee hit, but he didn't have control of the ball before it that.

I really wanted NIU to pull off the upset, until they said that Carey had spent three years coaching for the firetrucks. Then I all of a sudden became an FSU fan. :biggrin:

JSUBison
01-02-2013, 07:26 PM
Just when NIU looked like they were going to make a move this pissed it away. Say whats up with NIUs head coaches shirt. Does he moonlight as a barber? WTF?

The ball started moving as soon as the FSU player reached around and poked it a little bit well before his knee went down. It didn't totally come loose until after his knee hit, but he didn't have control of the ball before it that.

I really wanted NIU to pull off the upset, until they said that Carey had spent three years coaching for the firetrucks. Then I all of a sudden became an FSU fan. :biggrin:

Barber, pizza delivery guy, same difference. Belichek has his hoodies, Tressel had his sweater vests, Bohl has a polished dome, and Lennon has the 'stache. I guess Carey will be tapping into his mozzarella and tomato sauce stained Dominoes shirt for his coaching mojo.

56BISON73
01-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Barber, pizza delivery guy, same difference. Belichek has his hoodies, Tressel had his sweater vests, Bohl has a polished dome, and Lennon has the 'stache. I guess Carey will be tapping into his mozzarella and tomato sauce stained Dominoes shirt for his coaching mojo.

That was my second choice.:biggrin: