PDA

View Full Version : News Flash! Very Bad News for the Bison

BisonNeil
01-01-2013, 03:16 AM
I know you all think I am negative, but this is really bad s#!t!

My inside sources tell me that Grant Olson is in the hospital, being prepped for an appendecomy.

Crap!

aces1180
01-01-2013, 03:18 AM
I know you all think I am negative, but this is really bad s#!t!

My inside sources tell me that Grant Olson is in the hospital, being prepped for an appendecomy.

Crap!

I saw a photo of him on Twitter/Instagram in the hospital bed...I won't post the link out of respect to Grant, but it doesn't look good.

unbison
01-01-2013, 03:21 AM
I saw a photo of him on Twitter/Instagram in the hospital bed...I won't post the link out of respect to Grant, but it doesn't look good.
It's true lakes told me so

bkit29
01-01-2013, 03:23 AM
It's only monday, He has 4 days to get well.

EndZoneQB
It's true lakes told me so

Grant texted me from the OR....

BisonNeil

Seriously?

aces1180
01-01-2013, 03:25 AM

Um, no...After that procedure (if true), he's done.

unbison
01-01-2013, 03:26 AM
Seriously?
If it has not burst they can do a laproscopic procedure and he could be back

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 03:29 AM
Who will take his place on the field? Sorry to hear this Grant.

bkit29
Seriously?

No, just trying to lighten the mood. Hope he can get well soon.

unbison
Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Follow-Up Care and Discharge

After completion of the surgical procedure, the patient is out of bed, ambulating, with appropriate pain control. Diet is advanced as tolerated, with plans for discharge on postoperative day 1 for noncomplicated appendicitis. Resumption to normal activity occurs within 1 day following the procedure; adequate analgesia allows safe return to daily duty.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 03:32 AM
He looks to be in good spirits in the pic?

Bison"FANatic"
01-01-2013, 03:33 AM
If it has not burst they can do a laproscopic procedure and he could be back

This would surprise the hell out of me as they are not going to take a chance of popping a stitch (or whatever is used) and spilling bacteria laden material into the abdominal cavity. I in know way see him playing after a appendectomy in just 5 days.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 03:36 AM
This would surprise the hell out of me as they are not going to take a chance of popping a stitch (or whatever is used) and spilling bacteria laden material into the abdominal cavity. I in know way see him playing after a appendectomy in just 5 days.

Cassell went under a laparoscopic procedure...he wasnt cut open..

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/name/bell_stephania/id/5903862/matt-cassel-undergoes-appendectomy-status-sunday-game-uncertain

EndZoneQB
01-01-2013, 03:38 AM

http://espn.go.com/fantasy/blog/_/name/bell_stephania/id/5903862/matt-cassel-undergoes-appendectomy-status-sunday-game-uncertain

We can only hope he comes back and plays as well as Cassell.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 03:42 AM
We can only hope he comes back and plays as well as Cassell.
that wouldn't be ideal.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 03:43 AM
lakes has confirmed itll be laparoscopic, and he'll be ready by friday.

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 03:44 AM
Very bad news for Grant.

bkit29
01-01-2013, 03:44 AM

Cassel had surgery a wednesday and did not play on sunday.

unbison
01-01-2013, 03:54 AM
Monday to saturday

Wally
01-01-2013, 03:56 AM
Laparoscopic method. This procedure uses several small incisions and three or more laparoscopes—small thin tubes with video cameras attached—to visualize the inside of the abdomen during the operation. The surgeon performs the surgery while looking at a TV monitor. The appendix is removed through one of the incisions.
http://m.hopkinsmedicine.org/healthlibrary/test_procedures/gastroenterology/appendectomy_92,P07686/

During a laparoscopic appendectomy, your doctor may decide that an open appendectomy is needed.

A laparoscopic appendectomy may cause less pain and scarring than an open appendectomy, although even for open appendectomy, the scar is often hard to see once it has healed.

Open and laparoscopic techniques are thought to be comparable in terms of low rates of complications. However, length of hospital stay, length of overall recovery, and infection rates are reportedly lower with laparoscopic appendectomy.

aces1180
01-01-2013, 03:57 AM
In case he can't go, who moves into the middle? Beck? Littlejohn?

Bison"FANatic"
01-01-2013, 03:59 AM

I do believe the single port appendectomy goes through the umbilicus. I wouldn't be to concerned about the outside incision as the area where the appendix was removed from.

Hopefully lakes is right but well we will see.

Grant is a warrior so if medically it is possible he will get it done.

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 03:59 AM
In case he can't go, who moves into the middle? Beck? Littlejohn?

This is the number one question.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:02 AM
Laparoscopic Appendectomy
Follow-Up Care and Discharge

After completion of the surgical procedure, the patient is out of bed, ambulating, with appropriate pain control. Diet is advanced as tolerated, with plans for discharge on postoperative day 1 for noncomplicated appendicitis. Resumption to normal activity occurs within 1 day following the procedure; adequate analgesia allows safe return to daily duty.

Ben Rothlesberger had one back in 2006 the day before a game and returned 12 days later. The game was on a Thursday night. Matt Cassell returned in 2010 and returned to practice a week later but missed the game. Did some internet research and 1 to 2 weeks is common but so is 3 to 4 weeks.

But to expect a linebacker to do it... I dunno I'm not a doctor but my gut says no. Depends on the type of incision and other factors.

I would assume either Antonio Rogers starts or we play a lot of nickel.

This will be a huge loss. Massive. But this team has a knack for overcoming adversity. Who would have thought we have been better without Colton Heagle.

Get well Grant!

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 04:04 AM
Ben Rothlesberger had one back in 2006 the day before a game and returned 12 days later. The game was on a Thursday night. Matt Cassell returned in 2010 and returned to practice a week later but missed the game. Did some internet research and 1 to 2 weeks is common but so is 3 to 4 weeks.

But to expect a linebacker to do it... I dunno I'm not a doctor but my gut says no. Depends on the type of incision and other factors.

This will be a huge loss. Massive. But this team has a knack for overcoming adversity. Who would have thought we have been better without Colton Heagle.

Get well Grant!

The Bison are alot deeper in the secondary than LB...not apples to apples.

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 04:05 AM
Depth at linebacker has been staring us in the face the entire season. Wonder if Chad Willson could suit up.

aces1180
01-01-2013, 04:06 AM

Get well Grant!

This team is strong-willed...It just means that others will have to step up. I will be keeping the faith.

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 04:06 AM
He looks to be in good spirits in the pic?

Well...there's no way we can win now.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:09 AM
The Bison are alot deeper in the secondary than LB...not apples to apples.

True but nobody on the team does anything like Colton. He's basically a linebacker.
At least we have time to figure this out. I trust our coaches and I like our players.

aces1180
01-01-2013, 04:09 AM
If anyone saw the Tweets from Kolpack and Izzo today, along with the Media Blog, they were joking about a question Dom asked Bohl at today's presser regarding depth, especially at LB...I blame Izzo for the negative karma! :rofl:

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 04:12 AM
True but nobody on the team does anything like Colton. He's basically a linebacker.
At least we have time to figure this out. I trust our coaches and I like our players.

I'd be lying to you if I didn't say this new development shakes my confidence at least a little bit as far as the natty goes. This will be tough to overcome. If anyone can, its the Bison D!

BisonNeil
01-01-2013, 04:13 AM

Get well Grant!

Best wishes for Grant. Bad deal for him.

Anybody who thinks he will play on Saturday is, well, just plain stupid.

BisonNation11
01-01-2013, 04:13 AM
I think I heard somewhere that Littlejohn would play there... I in no way say this as official. I would guess that Littlejohn would fill in for Grant and then Ollman would fill in for Littlejohn? Maybe Rodgers? This news has totally ruined the last hour of my 2012 year. I hope and pray that there is some miracle to get this warrior on the field, but I also pray for his health and a speedy recovery. This team will be ready. This is just another obstacle this team will have to overcome and which may make this natty a very special one considering who is NOT playing.

BisonNeil
01-01-2013, 04:16 AM
I think I heard somewhere that Littlejohn would play there... I in no way say this as official. I would guess that Littlejohn would fill in for Grant and then Ollman would fill in for Littlejohn? Maybe Rodgers? This news has totally ruined the last hour of my 2012 year. I hope and pray that there is some miracle to get this warrior on the field, but I also pray for his health and a speedy recovery. This team will be ready. This is just another obstacle this team will have to overcome and which may make this natty a very special one considering who is NOT playing.

Come on guys, there is no way in hell Olson will play. Rodgers? Maybe, but he has yet to play a down. Best case scenario the defense in the middle sucks. This is a really tough deal, no way to sugar coat it or homer it dudes. Be realistic.

At the beginning of the year, Kolpack declared Olson CAL, and he was right. Olson was the the heart and soul of the defense. His loss is immeasurable, and CABison is correct.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:21 AM
Depth at linebacker has been staring us in the face the entire season. Wonder if Chad Willson could suit up.

Chad was outside. Littlejohn has been our middle linebacker in passing downs. Antonio Rogers is an incredible athlete but not sure if he's had enough time to learn the tough position on short notice.

Bisonator98
01-01-2013, 04:22 AM
Best wishes to Grant get well soon. Someone will have to step up. The strength of the Bison is the herd!

herdmember
01-01-2013, 04:23 AM
Emmanuel to the middle and Jirik/Hagen/Hardie/Gordon rotate at DE! Not sure if you could coach him up in time, but talent wise I'd like to see it. Grant Olson is a complete stud, and above and beyond that, we'll miss the coach on the field. Way above and beyond that, I hope for health for Grant. Appears he's been feeling like crap for over a week. Prayers to him.

1998braves64
01-01-2013, 04:24 AM
What about Thorton? Is that even a viable option or still too green at LB?

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:25 AM
Come on guys, there is no way in hell Olson will play. Rodgers? Maybe, but he has yet to play a down. Best case scenario the defense in the middle sucks. This is a really tough deal, no way to sugar coat it or homer it dudes. Be realistic.

At the beginning of the year, Kolpack declared Olson CAL, and he was right. Olson was the the heart and soul of the defense. His loss is immeasurable, and CABison is correct.

Dude your glass is half empty obviously. Grant Olson is a great player but he didn't start last year and our team was just fine on defense. He comes off the field already on nickel downs. It's the system. One player is not the team. Antonio Rogers has played middle linebacker during the cup cake games. He's one of the best athletes on the team. Do you really think the #1 defense in the nation is going to cower in fear over the loss of 1 player? Seriously? And Kolpack may be partially correct but we're talking about 1 game, not a full season

BisonTeacher
01-01-2013, 04:31 AM
Dude your glass is half full obviously. Grant Olson is a great player but he didn't start last year and our team was just fine on defense. He comes off the field already on nickel downs. It's the system. One player is not the team. Antonio Rogers has played middle linebacker during the cup cake games. He's one of the best athletes on the team. Do you really think the #1 defense in the nation is going to cower in fear over the loss of 1 player? Seriously?

Ditto this. Im guessing our coaches will figure "something" out if he cant go. If he can, it will be very inspirational to the team.

bkit29
01-01-2013, 04:32 AM
What about Thorton? Is that even a viable option or still too green at LB?
Thorton came in against georgia southern when beck's shoulder popped out. he was only in for a few plays till beck came back in.

Wally
01-01-2013, 04:32 AM
Well...there's no way we can win now.

Yeah, if he can't play it's a big loss. Way to have faith in the other players and the coaches. Jeez, get a grip. If it was up to you guys, the trophy would be handed to SHSU.:facepalm:

That attitude makes me want to vomit.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:34 AM
Ditto this. Im guessing our coaches will figure "something" out if he cant go. If he can, it will be very inspirational to the team.

except I meant to say half empty. :) We'll figure it out. The team doesn't need any more inspiration. They just need a plan and I trust the coaches.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:36 AM
Yeah, if he can't play it's a big loss. Way to have faith in the other players and the coaches. Jeez, get a grip. If it was up to you guys, the trophy would be handed to SHSU.:facepalm:

Yep. Last year he wasn't our starting middle linebacker and we figured out how to win. He's one excellent player in an excellent system with excellent coaches. Did I say excellent?

SamsRams
01-01-2013, 04:45 AM
Pull Jacob Davis redshirt. /purple

I believe Grant will be in uniform. Not clue if or how much he plays. hopefully scholerie or thorton or even a true freshman is ready for extra reps

GFBison
01-01-2013, 04:50 AM

I believe Grant will be in uniform. Not clue if or how much he plays. hopefully scholerie or thorton or even a true freshman is ready for extra reps

I think Tyler Gefroh is back from injury. Hasn't played much due to injuries, but is a good athlete. Maybe he can get some reps.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2013, 04:51 AM
Would be amazing to win the Natty without 3 of our top 4 defensive players.
I should say arguably.
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

perthbison
01-01-2013, 04:54 AM

If they play Davis, It will be in 2013. I'm dreaming of a loophole I'm sure.

westnodak93bison
01-01-2013, 04:57 AM
If they play Davis, It will be in 2013. I'm dreaming of a loophole I'm sure.

It is 2013.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 05:06 AM

Everything I've read says to avoid lifting 15 lbs or more for 1-2 weeks and to support your abdomen while coughing because its painful and further activity could lead to a hernia. They say to avoid strenuous activities. Not sure how much more strenuous of a job there is than playing middle linebacker. I say there is a zero % chance he plays but Im not a doctor obviously. Hes young, possibly a fast healer, and obviously in good shape

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 05:18 AM

Vomit over sarcasm?

MAKBison
01-01-2013, 05:23 AM
I thought he had his appendix out in HS....missed two games or something WTH???

BisonNeil
01-01-2013, 05:52 AM

You do know that he left the team, right? Try to keep up with something other than recruiting.

NDSUstudent
01-01-2013, 05:55 AM
Chad was outside. Littlejohn has been our middle linebacker in passing downs. Antonio Rogers is an incredible athlete but not sure if he's had enough time to learn the tough position on short notice.

We could move Ollman back to OLB since Shepherd is healthy again and I guess move Littlejohn to the middle.

CarringtonBison
01-01-2013, 06:11 AM
I don't see any way he could play. Given a perfect scenario, I.e. not ruptured and laparoscopic removal, I can not see a surgeon clearing him for full contact 5 days after the or. Too risky for reasons listed. He might get away with some light running but not full contact. He is out the second they cut him open. Sucks ass, but they will find a way. Big loss.

Facts
01-01-2013, 06:13 AM
Thornton. Ten char

stevdock
01-01-2013, 06:28 AM
Everything I've read says to avoid lifting 15 lbs or more for 1-2 weeks and to support your abdomen while coughing because its painful and further activity could lead to a hernia. They say to avoid strenuous activities. Not sure how much more strenuous of a job there is than playing middle linebacker. I say there is a zero % chance he plays but Im not a doctor obviously. Hes young, possibly a fast healer, and obviously in good shape

You may not be a doctor but my wife is a nurse and she said there should be a 0% chance he plays on Saturday. People do stupid things though so who knows. Hope he gets well quickly. In my opinion the one person on defense we could not afford to lose. We'll have to see who steps up to fill in some very large shoes. All the adversity this team has fought through this season will make a National Championship all the more sweeter if they can get it done.

Jay
01-01-2013, 06:30 AM
You may not be a doctor but my wife is a nurse and she said there should be a 0% chance he plays on Saturday. People do stupid things though so who knows. Hope he gets well quickly. In my opinion the one person on defense we could not afford to lose. We'll have to see who steps up to fill in some very large shoes. All the adversity this team has fought through this season will make a National Championship all the more sweeter if they can get it done.

The Doc already weighed in on this thread...

Agreed... huge loss. But we've had huge losses already this season and we've done very well defensively.

SamsRams
01-01-2013, 09:13 AM
the doc already weighed in on this thread...

Agreed... Huge loss. But we've had huge losses already this season and we've done very well defensively.

next man up!!!

HandoEX
01-01-2013, 01:50 PM

BisonNeil lives for these moments...Negativity is his middle name. Even in the games everyone knew we'd win by a mile, he still posted primarily about the team's inadequacies. Nothing new here.

tony
01-01-2013, 01:55 PM
First things first... Hope he gets well soon.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

A1pigskin
01-01-2013, 01:58 PM
This is a big loss. I hope he takes care of himself first.

HandoEX
01-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Rogers is listed as #2 on the depth chart, and as far as I know, is the only other player to have played Mike since Dinwiddie is gone (I wonder how he feels about his decision?).

Get well Grant, the team has your back I'm sure.

A1pigskin
01-01-2013, 02:11 PM
If he does play, then we all know who the man of steel is.

Elvis was a Bison
01-01-2013, 02:18 PM
If he does play, then we all know who the man of steel is.

Sorry, dude, but GO has already proven that he is a "man of steel" whether he plays or not.

Regarless of what Dr lakes posts on Katfan, Grant should not play. Complications that could be a result of further injury should outweigh the outcome of 1 game. Sams says it best. "Next man up!"

A1pigskin
01-01-2013, 02:23 PM
Sorry, dude, but GO has already proven that he is a "man of steel" whether he plays or not.

Regarless of what Dr lakes posts on Katfan, Grant should not play. Complications that could be a result of further injury should outweigh the outcome of 1 game. Sams says it best. "Next man up!"

I have always suspected this. But this would eliminate all doubts.

IzzyFlexion
01-01-2013, 02:33 PM
Prediction:
-Thorton starts on the outside.
-Has an Olsonesque performance.
-Bison win....Thorton gets MVP
-Bismarck Tribune in scramble mode. Torn as to whether or not to do a story on it.
-L-Silverado parties like it's 1999.

Rock
01-01-2013, 02:35 PM
Bison O-line please keep d off the field.

loudsilverado
01-01-2013, 02:46 PM
#9 is going to be ready to absolutely lay out some Kats!! BHS style

Jdubs21
01-01-2013, 03:11 PM
Hopefully he heals like jensen did a couple years ago when he broke his collar bone and was back for playoffs and was supposed to be out for the season

stevdock
01-01-2013, 03:46 PM
#9 is going to be ready to absolutely lay out some Kats!! BHS style

If nothing else at least he does have National Championship game experience. I expect Esley to start and move Littlejohn inside.

Bison05
01-01-2013, 03:51 PM
No chance that Grant is going to go. Rather than shifting players around, I would like to see them keep it more simple and just replace Grant. Rodgers was a JUCO so it's not like he is a redshirt that hasn't seen any snaps. I have faith the defense will be ready to go. It sucks. I would say Olson and Marcus are the two on that defense most difficult to lose.

AjaxTheMighty
01-01-2013, 03:59 PM
We just lost our starting QB on defense. This is a bigger loss than many are willing to admit I think. This is devastating. We don't have a Chad Willson like last year. Esley is no GO. I think now NDSU might need to score 30+ to win. Next man step up is just a bunch of words, much like this message board. We don't have anyone who can fill GO's shoes and get 15 tackles. We are resting our hopes on a guy that was a backup QB last year. That is scary. It will be noticed. I'm not saying the Bison lose, but our number 1 defense took a massive hit. This is a nightmare. I was pretty confident in a Bison victory before, now it's a coin flip.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2013, 04:01 PM
Checking out until Saturday, you're not going to rain in my parade. See you doom and gloomers in Frisco.

tjbison
01-01-2013, 04:07 PM
We just lost our starting QB on defense. This is a bigger loss than many are willing to admit I think. This is devastating. We don't have a Chad Willson like last year. Esley is no GO. I think now NDSU might need to score 30+ to win. Next man step up is just a bunch of words, much like this message board. We don't have anyone who can fill GO's shoes and get 15 tackles. We are resting our hopes on a guy that was a backup QB last year. That is scary. It will be noticed. I'm not saying the Bison lose, but our number 1 defense took a massive hit. This is a nightmare. I was pretty confident in a Bison victory before, now it's a coin flip.

Wow, maybe I should cancel my trip?? Good lord if we don't have anyone to back up our starters we better pack it in......calm down people

thundarsdaddy
01-01-2013, 04:09 PM
I have a niece, who works as a Sports Trainer for UMary, who coincidentally was a student athletic trainer for last years Bison Footall team. I asked her if there is any way Olson could be taped/wrapped...etc, here was her response. Dont forget this is just her opinion.

Stitches would be minimal compared to normal but they still can be tender and you don't want to do sudden twisting with them is the issue. You could pad that area to help absorb shock with foam if he gets hit but it's hard to prevent any lifting, stretching or twisting that could rip them in football. Depends on how long the surgeon wants to leave them in or what type they are.

Kermit
01-01-2013, 04:10 PM
If nothing else at least he does have National Championship game experience. I expect Esley to start and move Littlejohn inside.

^^^^^This.

Wally
01-01-2013, 04:11 PM
Checking out until Saturday, you're not going to rain in my parade. See you doom and gloomers in Frisco.

I was thinking the same or at least avoid this thread.

Anyone need a game ticket, hotel and car reservation and a plane ticket? /purple

tjbison
01-01-2013, 04:14 PM
Press conference at 11:30 today

http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385023/group/homepage

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:36 PM

Nobody is saying its not a big loss but if you think we are a shitty defense without Grant, than how did we win last year when he was a backup? And why does he go off the field on 3rd down and Littlejohn moves to the middle? Because we have a great system. One game is all we need for the other guys to step up. Rogers is just as skilled as Willson was. I trust our coaches. The offense and ST will habe to pick up the slack

BisonTeacher
01-01-2013, 04:38 PM
Nobody is saying its not a big loss but if you think we are a shitty defense without Grant, than how did we win last year when he was a backup? And why does he go off the field on 3rd down and Littlejohn moves to the middle? Because we have a great system. One game is all we need for the other guys to step up. I trust our coaches

Well said ...

semobison
01-01-2013, 04:40 PM
Wow, maybe I should cancel my trip?? Good lord if we don't have anyone to back up our starters we better pack it in......calm down people

He didnt say we would lose! He said losing Olson is a big loss! If you dont agree with that, your out of your mind! Either way this is going to be a tough game. We are going to have to play well to win. Some of you homers think all we have to do is show up! Just Wow! Its like, if there is any chance we might lose why even go to Frisco? This is college football, a nat championship game, against a very good team, we could lose!....That being said, I sure hope not! Go Bison!

NDSUmulligan
01-01-2013, 04:44 PM
Kolpack tweeted Grant Olson will make the trip. Said nothing about his condition or chance to play however.

FarSouth Bison
01-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Looks to me, that some individuals need to stir the pot up. Just to get a reaction from others. This is GRADE SCHOOL stuff!

tjbison
01-01-2013, 04:45 PM
He didnt say we would lose! He said losing Olson is a big loss! If you dont agree with that, your out of your mind! Either way this is going to be a tough game. We are going to have to play well to win. Some of you homers think all we have to do is show up! Just Wow! Its like, if there is any chance we might lose why even go to Frisco? This is college football, a nat championship game, against a very good team, we could lose!....That being said, I sure hope not! Go Bison!

Where did I say we just needed to show up? All I said was if we can't rely on our back up then it's not good for us. Never said we couldn't lose or that losing Grant isn't a big loss I'm just not going to lose a bunch of sleep over it because I trust the coaches and players to adjust to the adversity and find a way.

NDSUmulligan
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Via Izzo twitter: NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

Gully
01-01-2013, 04:46 PM
Izzo tweet....GO is "probable to play" per CB.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:47 PM

He thinks Chad Willson was a middle linebacker and Esley will play middle. Apparently hes not familiar with backup middle linebacker Antonio Rogers and doesn't know who plays where. That kills any credibility. And his tone was "were fucked." I trust our coaches. He doesn't

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 04:47 PM
DomIzzoWDAY #NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

wow......................

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 04:48 PM
Via Izzo twitter: NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

I dont buy it but well see

aces1180
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Grant is probable!

Even if he doesn't go, it will be great to have him there.

TransAmBison
01-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Looks like Grant did not need surgery! Probable to play! Fire BisonNeil, save Grant Olson! :D

bri-dog
01-01-2013, 04:57 PM
This whole thing was just an elaborate hoax to F^(# with Bisonville.

IBleedYellow
Bison Nation implosion level. Decreased to a 6/10 now.

Nexus 4

herdmember
anyone confirm it was even appendicitis? If he was sick since over a week ago that would seem odd? Great news he's atleast making the trip!

DORMIE
01-01-2013, 04:59 PM
I had a laproscopy procedure on my colon last summer as I had a positive polyp. Surgeon took out 5 inches and left a 3 1/2 inch scar. Did not have stitches. They use some kind of surgical tape. This probably was a lot more severe than what Grant went through, however, I hope he can get thru it. It took my system 4 days to wake up and I farted and they let me go home. This will just give Grant's teammates a reason to suck it up, get focused on the challenge and play with Bison Pride and get the job done.

AjaxTheMighty
01-01-2013, 05:01 PM
He thinks Chad Willson was a middle linebacker and Esley will play middle. Apparently hes not familiar with backup middle linebacker Antonio Rogers and doesn't know who plays where. That kills any credibility. And his tone was "were fucked." I trust our coaches. He doesn't

No I do NOT think Willson was a MLB! Willson was a stud (doesnt matter what he played) and now we have Olson, who is a stud and now is probable for the game. I never used your words or language. I'm saying it became more difficult to win. Pull your head out of.......the clouds and stop being nieve. That would be a fact. He's the general! G play with your duckies and bunnies. I trust coaches. But that doesn't guarantee wins.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 05:02 PM
Looks like Grant did not need surgery! Probable to play! Fire BisonNeil, save Grant Olson! :D

He didn't even have surgery? :rofl: Neg rep BisonNeil! :rofl:

aces1180
01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
I bet Neil's "sources" are laughing at this thread right now. He was trolled! Lol

I have to admit that his post, along with the pic I saw, got me hook, line and shinker.

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 05:06 PM
No I do NOT think Willson was a MLB! Willson was a stud (doesnt matter what he played) and now we have Olson, who is a stud and now is probable for the game. I never used your words or language. I'm saying it became more difficult to win. Pull your head out of.......the clouds and stop being nieve. That would be a fact. He's the general! G play with your duckies and bunnies. I trust coaches. But that doesn't guarantee wins.

Reread your own post. May want to rearrange words. You made it sound like Willson was the mike linebacker. Anyways who cares. Neg rep BisonNeil and go bison!!

CaBisonFan
01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Everybody try to lighten up. I was just being sarcastic about us not having a chance to win now.

We'll be fine. The game goes on. We'll either win or lose. Life will go on.

bri-dog
01-01-2013, 05:09 PM
I just talked to my brother back in Tolna, and he said "Maybe he just had to fart"...

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 05:12 PM
I just talked to my brother back in Tolna, and he said "Maybe he just had to fart"...

would also have accepted "power dump".

goalpost
01-01-2013, 05:19 PM
anybody have a link for the bison two deep depth chart

tony
01-01-2013, 05:27 PM
anybody have a link for the bison two deep depth chart

I usually look at the last game's press release: https://admin.xosn.com/pdf8/1024693.pdf?SPSID=11850&SPID=695&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=2400&

Not pretty but here's what that link shows:

OFFENSE
Pos No. Name Ht. Wt. Yr. Hometown
TE 47 Garrett Bruhn 6-1 241 Sr. Beatrice, Neb.
85 Kevin Vaadeland 6-4 238 Jr. Park Rapids, Minn.
LT 77 Billy Turner 6-5½ 300 Jr. Shoreview, Minn.
75 Jason Pomerenke 6-5½ 310 So. Sioux Center, Iowa
LG 64 Josh Colville 6-1¾ 279 RFr. Deephaven, Minn.
66 Zack Johnson 6-4¼ 324 Fr. Apple Valley, Minn.
C 73 Joe Lund 6-2 303 Sr. Bloomington, Minn.
65 Adam Schueller 6-3 291 So. Fergus Falls, Minn.
RG 71 Tyler Gimmestad 6-2 298 Jr. Marshall, Minn.
74 Andrew Nack 6-3 297 Jr. Osakis, Minn.
RT 59 Joe Haeg 6-5¾ 280 RFr. Lake Shore, Minn.
75 Jason Pomerenke 6-5½ 310 So. Sioux Center, Iowa
QB 16 Brock Jensen 6-3¼ 224 Jr. Waupaca, Wis.
11 Carson Wentz 6-4½ 220 RFr. Bismarck, N.D.
FB 40 Andrew Grothmann 6-0¼ 234 Jr. Hillsboro, N.D.
46 Andrew Bonnet 6-2¾ 242 RFr. Council Bluffs, Iowa
HB 22 Sam Ojuri 6-0 206 Jr. Barrington, Ill.
23 John Crockett 5-11½ 202 So. Minneapolis, Minn.
Z/WR 4 Ryan Smith 5-7 175 Jr. Wahpeton, N.D.
3 Trevor Gebhart 6-1 193 So. Sioux Falls, S.D.
X/WR 82 Zach Vraa 6-2 198 So. Inver Grove Hts., Minn.
87 Andrew Okland 6-3¼ 204 RFr. Fargo, N.D.

DEFENSE
LE 53 Kyle Emanuel 6-3 243 So. Schuyler, Neb.
91 Mike Hardie 6-4¾ 248 So. Sioux Falls, S.D.
DT 94 Danny Luecke 6-5¼ 280 Jr. Fargo, N.D.
61 Brian Schaetz 6-1 281 RFr. Denmark, Wis.
NG 60 Ryan Drevlow 6-4 281 Jr. Gwinner, N.D.
97 Justin Juckem 6-4¼ 270 Jr. Chilton, Wis.
RE 93 Cole Jirik 6-4½ 250 Jr. Northfield, Minn.
96 Ricky Hagen 6-3 242 Sr. Colfax, Wis.
WLB 52 Travis Beck 6-0 207 So. Munich, N.D.
9 Esley Thorton 6-3 207 So. Bismarck, N.D.
MLB 34 Grant Olson 6-0 223 Jr. Plymouth, Minn.
44 Antonio Rodgers 5-9¾ 221 Jr. N. Miami Beach, Fla.
SLB 38 Carlton Littlejohn 6-1 216 So. Minneapolis, Minn.
9 Esley Thorton 6-3 207 So. Bismarck, N.D.
LCB 8 André Martin, Jr. 5-10¼ 191 Sr. St. Louis, Mo.
2 Brendin Pierre 5-8¼ 170 Jr. Miramar, Fla.
SS 10 Bobby Ollman 5-10¾ 201 Sr. Mequon, Wis.
29 A.J. Van Voorhis 5-8½ 184 Jr. Champlin, Minn.
FS 35 Christian Dudzik 5-10 180 So. Omaha, Neb.
6 CJ Smith 5-11 181 RFr. Savage, Minn.
RCB 1 Marcus Williams 5-11 194 Jr. Minneapolis, Minn.
7 Zach Colvin 5-9¾ 166 So. Superior, Wis.

SPECIALISTS
K 17 Adam Keller 6-1 208 So. Lewisberry, Pa.
P 19 Ben LeCompte 5-9¾ 197 RFr. Barrington, Ill.
H 19 Ben LeCompte 5-9¾ 197 RFr. Barrington, Ill.
LS 50 Michael Murphy 6-0¼ 240 Jr. Hollister, Calif.
KR 1 Marcus Williams 5-11 194 Jr. Minneapolis, Minn.
4 Ryan Smith 5-7 175 Jr. Wahpeton, N.D.
PR 4 Ryan Smith 5-7 175 Jr. Wahpeton, N.D.
35 Christian Dudzik 5-10 180 So. Omaha, Neb.

Heh, happy to be trolled in this case, if that, is in fact, the case. Case.

*Bisonrube
01-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Well I don't know what exactly is going on...I did see the pic on twitter of Grant in the hospital bed. Did he have surgery? Can he return if he did? Is Bohl bluffing? I know my wife just went in with an inflamed appendix and they eventually just put her on Antibiotics (as the doctor said they do in other countries..Americans always do surgery??) and the inflamation went down. So to sum it up...according to twitter it appears he is still in the hospital and we all won't know anything until Saturday. Either way...GO BISON!!

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 05:33 PM
From the Bison Media blog:

Head coach Craig Bohl said Olson will make the trip and he confirmed he had some tests done, but citing privacy concerns, would not elaborate any further. He’s listed as “probable” for the game.

BisonTeacher
01-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Everybody try to lighten up. I was just being sarcastic about us not having a chance to win now.

We'll be fine. The game goes on. We'll either win or lose. Life will go on.

Too late. I already sold my tickets/ purple.

DjKyRo
01-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Get well and stay well. Appendicitis can have some scary effects if not treated adequately and appropriate measures are taken afterward. Playing football can't be the first recommendation of his doctors and it's so much more important he be healthy and safe than playing in a game. I'd love to have him on the field but if there are any doubts, his safety has to be the top priority.

Get better Grant!

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 05:39 PM
DomIzzoWDAY #NDSU HC Craig Bohl says Grant Olson "will be on the plane and probable to play on Saturday" #FCSChampionship

wow......................

http://thebiglead.fantasysportsven.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/les-miles-picking-his-ear.gif

BisonNeil
01-01-2013, 05:41 PM

My bosses daughter is close friends with Grant. Apparently the doctors think they can control it temporarily with antibiotics so he can delay the surgery until after the game. This is good news if it works!

tony
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
My bosses daughter is close friends with Grant. Apparently the doctors think they can control it temporarily with antibiotics so he can delay the surgery until after the game. This is good news if it works!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Grant pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

75NOVA
01-01-2013, 05:44 PM
Maybe BisonNeils sources were the mayans, that would explain all of this.

Bison 4 Life
01-01-2013, 05:50 PM
My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Grant pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

So what I was thinking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KS6f1MKpLGM#t=25s

MAKBison
01-01-2013, 05:59 PM
What the Kats Fans are saying:

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

Olson takes the field and Im an o lineman im punching the shit out out his stomach under the pile....he wont play long if he does.

goalpost
01-01-2013, 06:00 PM
if grant can go move sheppared to free and dunzink to grants spot

GFBison
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385023/

Bohl signs 8 year extension, Olson probable.

Bison 4 Life

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

Olson takes the field and Im an o lineman im punching the shit out out his stomach under the pile....he wont play long if he does.

Same classy bunch that cried when their guy got blocked on his ass during the Beck return.

fitty
Hmmm.... betcha he's a Saints fan too.....

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

DjKyRo
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/d/d7/LOL_WUT_PEAR.jpg

No_Skill
01-01-2013, 06:01 PM

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

That would only piss him off.

MAKBison
01-01-2013, 06:02 PM
F...ing Punk!!!!

Kermit
01-01-2013, 06:06 PM
Well I don't know what exactly is going on...I did see the pic on twitter of Grant in the hospital bed. Did he have surgery? Can he return if he did? Is Bohl bluffing? I know my wife just went in with an inflamed appendix and they eventually just put her on Antibiotics (as the doctor said they do in other countries..Americans always do surgery??) and the inflamation went down. So to sum it up...according to twitter it appears he is still in the hospital and we all won't know anything until Saturday. Either way...GO BISON!!

Disclaimer: I have no specific knowledge of GO's medical condition.

The "gold standard" treatment for acute appendicitis remains surgery, but medical therapy (antibiotics) is an option in apparently uncomplicated cases. About 10-15% of people treated with antibiotics alone will require surgery within one month, and another 25% will have a recurrence and require surgery within a year.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 06:12 PM

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

Good thing we have nothing to worry about SHS's Oline toughness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmkxKvY7ozs

MAKBison
01-01-2013, 06:14 PM
its not soooooo out of the question...let CD play outside OLB on the strong side. SAM is a OOO team and he is the fastest player on the team.

Just saying :biggrin:

http://cache.ohinternet.com/images/d/d7/LOL_WUT_PEAR.jpg

bri-dog
01-01-2013, 06:19 PM
its not soooooo out of the question...let CD play outside OLB on the strong side. SAM is a OOO team and he is the fastest player on the team.

Just saying :biggrin:

I think he was referencing the spelling of Shepherd and Dudzik...

EndZoneQB
01-01-2013, 06:20 PM

Go home goalpost, you're drunk.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3rm3oe/

GFBison
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM
That would only piss him off.

Man he would be leaving the game with a broken hand. That would be like hitting a brick wall!

southcliffbison
01-01-2013, 06:23 PM

kingkat99
KatFans.com Supporter
Hall of Fame

Man, that is just "dirty pool" !!!!

MAKBison
01-01-2013, 06:33 PM
I think he was referencing the spelling of Shepherd and Dudzik...

Oh! :facepalm2:

No_Skill
01-01-2013, 06:34 PM
Man he would be leaving the game with a broken hand. That would be like hitting a brick wall!

A brick wall made of steel...

Thunder_Struck
01-01-2013, 06:46 PM
I'm sitting here with a surgeon who does these for a living. Her prediction without knowing any details is that the doctor will suggest not playing, but that it is likely that he will play.

goalpost
01-01-2013, 06:50 PM
end zone QB your an ass!

jimmyptubas
01-01-2013, 06:51 PM
Kolpack just tweeted that he is probable

GFBison
01-01-2013, 07:02 PM
Kolpack just tweeted that he is probable

This is how LEGENDS are made!!! My Grandkids will tell the story of how tough kids where in their day.

Yea I remember in the FCS Championship game this LB named Grant Olson, with the scalpal still in his gut, came in and made 20 tackles in the first half! He finished his surgery himself at half time and used duct tape to close the wound. A SHSU offensive line man tried to punch him in the gut but that shattered his hand, wrist, and forearm. That Grant Olson was one tough dude.

HoopsBison
01-01-2013, 07:05 PM
looks like he is playing!

EndZoneQB
01-01-2013, 07:06 PM
end zone QB your an ass!

You just figured this out now? Welcome to Bisonville!

HerdBot
01-01-2013, 07:10 PM
end zone QB your an ass!

Don't fall for the broken down bus trick either. Except one day when it really happens... don't cry wolf!

BisonFan02
01-01-2013, 07:17 PM
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385023/

Video posted of the interview for those curious.

344Johnson
01-01-2013, 07:21 PM
How on God's green earth is Olson probable?

Swaghook
01-01-2013, 07:26 PM
How on God's green earth is Olson probable?

http://www.webmd.com/news/20120405/antibiotics-appendicitis-option-some

Jay
01-01-2013, 07:28 PM
This is how LEGENDS are made!!! My Grandkids will tell the story of how tough kids where in their day.

Yea I remember in the FCS Championship game this LB named Grant Olson, with the scalpal still in his gut, came in and made 20 tackles in the first half! He finished his surgery himself at half time and used duct tape to close the wound. A SHSU offensive line man tried to punch him in the gut but that shattered his hand, wrist, and forearm. That Grant Olson was one tough dude.

... To Bill Brasky!

jimmyptubas
01-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Good thing we have nothing to worry about SHS's Oline toughness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmkxKvY7ozs

You linked my YouTube video! I even sound like a drunk mess.

CalBison97
01-01-2013, 07:44 PM
You linked my YouTube video! I even sound like a drunk mess.

Awesome vid! Cool to see and hear from the 'bar scene'. I was sitting/standing on the 5 yard line.

Thirrrrd down annnnnnnnd YEAHHHHHHHHH!!! GOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

jimmyptubas
01-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Awesome vid! Cool to see and hear from the 'bar scene'. I was sitting/standing on the 5 yard line.

Thirrrrd down annnnnnnnd YEAHHHHHHHHH!!! GOOOOoooooOOOOOoooooOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

"I got it on video, I got it on Video...i got it on video!!!" Yeah..drunk myself, i think that we get the point now!

bisonmike2
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
Well if our offense controls the TOP for more than 40 mins we won't need to worry how much Olson can play.

nickels
01-01-2013, 09:06 PM
Well if our offense controls the TOP for more than 40 mins we won't need to worry how much Olson can play.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SamsRams
01-01-2013, 10:01 PM

So you are calling Grant and the coaches stupid? Keep up the great work, you are a true Sioux fan!!

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
end zone QB your an ass!
check neg rep

loudsilverado
01-01-2013, 11:18 PM
You just figured this out now? Welcome to Bisonville!

:facepalm:

nickels
01-02-2013, 01:15 AM
wow...such a butt-hurt fanbase...thanks for the rep :rofl:

EndZoneQB
01-02-2013, 01:33 AM
:facepalm:

You sound a little mad, bro.

IzzyFlexion
01-02-2013, 01:37 AM

Fire appendix. Save glossary....................er...............Natty !

BisonFan02
01-02-2013, 01:38 AM
You sound a little mad, bro.

He mad....or PL hacked his account.

CaBisonFan
01-02-2013, 01:40 AM

Such an undie attitude. Very familiar.

DjKyRo
01-02-2013, 01:51 AM

Bearcat fans know butthurt well.

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/01/sam-houston-state-middle-finger.jpg

Bison 4 Life
01-02-2013, 01:53 AM
Bearcat fans know butthurt well.

http://static03.mediaite.com/sportsgrid/uploads/2012/01/sam-houston-state-middle-finger.jpg

Oh Jeez, butthurt doesn't even cover it. You have to be pretty mad at the game when you are criticizing the pregame shit. Bunch of crybabies.

nickels
01-02-2013, 01:56 AM
Im just picking with ya'll. Have a safe trip down. It should be one awesome weekend. :bunnyb:

Green1
01-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Im just picking with ya'll. Have a safe trip down. It should be one awesome weekend. :bunnyb:

Back at ya! :duel:

Bison"FANatic"
01-02-2013, 02:16 AM

Enjoy the awesome week as that is when your dreams end. We will be having a awesome year again after our win on Saturday

KC Bison
01-02-2013, 02:19 AM
I'm just relieved that Olson situation is no longer being compared with Matt Cassell. Cassell never had a good play after his surgery.

nickels
01-02-2013, 02:29 AM
Kinda off-topic but what is with the Whataburger fascination? Is it the most edible food in a small town served past midnight? Probably, but I have don't think I've seen a single Frisco related thread with out it being mentioned. 2k miles across the country and ya'll are stoked about Whataburger? http://forums.pcpitstop.com/public/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif

AjaxTheMighty
01-02-2013, 02:30 AM

PENALTY :rofl: on :rofl: butthurt :rofl: overuse :rofl: of :rofl: rofl

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

BisonFan02
01-02-2013, 02:31 AM
Kinda off-topic but what is with the Whataburger fascination? Is it the most edible food in a small town served past midnight? Probably, but I have don't think I've seen a single Frisco related thread with out it being mentioned. 2k miles across the country and ya'll are stoked about Whataburger? http://forums.pcpitstop.com/public/style_emoticons/default/shrug.gif

No clue, but don't mention Sonic around here. :hide:

56BISON73
01-02-2013, 02:36 AM

They also have a fascination with Sonic. Yeah I know I dont get it either. All I can figure its because ND doesnt have Sonic or Whataburger.

MNLonghorn10
01-02-2013, 02:40 AM

How in the world do you hate whataburgers? they are awesome. And no, it's not just "non texans" loving them...shaggybevo.com approves.

You just have shitty taste buds.

DjKyRo
01-02-2013, 02:49 AM
All I can figure its because ND doesnt have Sonic

Uh, have you been to West Fargo?

sambini
01-02-2013, 03:24 AM
In n out burger for me

SamsRams
01-02-2013, 03:33 AM
I'm not traveling to a national championship game to eat fast food.

perthbison
01-02-2013, 04:07 AM
I'm not traveling to a national championship game to eat fast food.I'm not going this year but if I was, my group would make it a rule, no fast food while were there.

CaBisonFan
01-02-2013, 04:09 AM
In n out burger for me

Carl's Junior

Hey Sambini !!

ndsubison1
01-02-2013, 04:11 AM
chick fil a here i come!

EndZoneQB
01-02-2013, 04:17 AM
I'm not going this year but if I was, my group would make it a rule, no fast food while were there.

Not everyone goes to bed at 9pm.

perthbison
01-02-2013, 04:23 AM
Not everyone goes to bed at 9pm.Why EZ, you don't know me at all. Back when I was at NDSU that was illegal. I did eat tacos at 1:30AM a couple times though.

Jay
01-02-2013, 04:29 AM
Speculation over

Thank you to all the family, friends and #BisoNation (http://www.bisonville.com/search?q=%23BisoNation&src=hash) for the prayers this week. Happy to say they worked! God Bless I'll see yall in Frisco!

https://twitter.com/G34Olson/status/286328957597519872[q

SamsRams
01-02-2013, 04:38 AM
Speculation over

https://twitter.com/G34Olson/status/286328957597519872[q

Did anyone really question he wasnt going to make the trip? I think the question is if and how much he is able to play.

56BISON73
01-02-2013, 04:45 AM
Did anyone really question he wasnt going to make the trip? I think the question is if and how much he is able to play.

And how effective he will be.

Pyroshane
01-02-2013, 04:46 AM
Speculation over

https://twitter.com/G34Olson/status/286328957597519872[qHopefully the first response to his post was a joke...

BisonNation11
01-02-2013, 05:03 AM
[/B]

And how effective he will be.

Unless SHSU finds his kryptonite, I don't think anything will stop him from being effective. Him and Brock just have this determination to get the job done when their team needs it the most against all odds.

56BISON73
01-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Unless SHSU finds his kryptonite, I don't think anything will stop him from being effective. Him and Brock just have this determination to get the job done when their team needs it the most against all odds.

Ok, the kids been sick for a week. Almost had surgery and we dont know if it will get worse or how sick he still is. Doubt hes practiced much. Cant imagine him performing at 100%. But I hope so.

SafeTeeJ
01-02-2013, 04:19 PM
Just ate to much over the Holidays. Mom's and Grandma's can really push the food on you! prolly just a bound up! nothing a good enema can't fix.:biggrin:

missingnumber7
01-02-2013, 04:57 PM
They also have a fascination with Sonic. Yeah I know I dont get it either. All I can figure its because ND doesnt have Sonic or Whataburger.Minot is getting a Sonic, and it will be slightly easier to find than the one in West Fargo.

Hammerhead
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
It looks like Percy Harvin had an appendectomy last month
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/percy-harvins-minor-surgery-was-an-appendectomy-3/

Percy Harvin’s “minor surgery” was an appendectomy

Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2012, 10:23 AM EST

Bison 4 Life
01-03-2013, 08:02 PM
It looks like Percy Harvin had an appendectomy last month
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/17/percy-harvins-minor-surgery-was-an-appendectomy-3/

Percy Harvin’s “minor surgery” was an appendectomy

Posted by Josh Alper on December 17, 2012, 10:23 AM EST

They probably heard appendectomy when it was really an "add-a-dick-to-me"

marenlee
01-03-2013, 08:12 PM
Carl's Junior

Hey Sambini !!

Pssshhh. You mean Hardees?

Civil06
01-03-2013, 08:13 PM
They probably heard appendectomy when it was really an "add-a-dick-to-me"

Sure beats a choptadickoffame

EagleBison
01-03-2013, 10:10 PM

Hardlees ;)

I prefer In and Out when in CA. :)

Hammerhead
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
It looks like he didn't have surgery and will play.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385282/

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-04-2013, 01:48 PM
It looks like he didn't have surgery and will play.
http://www.inforum.com/event/article/id/385282/

Thank you Jesus

Putz
01-04-2013, 03:56 PM
That's great news that he is healthy and able to play!

devin45k
01-04-2013, 05:31 PM
He should be fine. He is a Bison and Bison are strong!

Gully
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
I heard jirik was puking yesterday. Hopefully he can recover quickly.

1998braves64
01-04-2013, 05:52 PM
hopefully he kept it to himself... stomach flu (puking) is usually a quick ordeal. But if it spreads could be bad

CaBisonFan
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM
Hardlees ;)

I prefer In and Out when in CA. :)

.....:rofl:.....

CaBisonFan
01-04-2013, 06:52 PM

Yeah...without the roast beef. Really missed that when we moved down here.

Hammerhead
01-06-2013, 02:29 AM
Did grant play much in the game? I don't recall hearing his name on TV and he was only credited with 1 solo and 1 assisted tackle. That's just evidence of how many studs we have on defense. You never know who's going to have the monster game.

MAKBison
01-06-2013, 02:31 AM
Did grant play much in the game? I don't recall hearing his name on TV and he was only credited with 1 solo and 1 assisted tackle. That's just evidence of how many studs we have on defense. You never know who's going to have the monster game.

Yes, he did 2 two tackles I believe. Lowest of the year---looked a bit tentative. Can you blame him---what a warrior!!!

1998braves64
01-06-2013, 03:02 AM
he brought Jordan (the kid waiting for lung transplant in Houston that was at the game) down to the field and gave him the game ball... picture of it on facebook.

#1BISONFAN ASHLEY
01-06-2013, 03:36 AM
he brought Jordan (the kid waiting for lung transplant in Houston that was at the game) down to the field and gave him the game ball... picture of it on facebook.
That kid will remember that moment for the rest of his life. I know I would

MinotBison
01-06-2013, 03:38 AM

Which Facebook page?

1998braves64
01-06-2013, 03:39 AM
Which Facebook page?

Believe either North Dakota State Bison page or North Dakota State University one of those two...

oops

NDSU Teammakers..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200415437692667&set=o.274396969389&type=1&theater

MinotBison
01-06-2013, 03:57 AM
Believe either North Dakota State Bison page or North Dakota State University one of those two...

oops

NDSU Teammakers..

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200415437692667&set=o.274396969389&type=1&theater

Thanks. Nice pic. I think it says alot about him that he would do something like that.

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-06-2013, 04:08 AM

He played the entire game. Just wasn't 100%. I didn't hear Jirik's name called very often today either, but that is to be expected when you have the flu. Its unbelievable these two could even dress for the game let alone play. I know I wouldn't want to play with the flu or a inflamed appendix. Unbelievable effort by these two young men, and the rest of the D for stepping up when these guys were not at 100%.

coloradobison
01-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Gutty effort from Grant for sure. He did not look very good on the sidelines when he came off. Amazing effort.

bisonmike2
01-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Man what a warrior. I would still be in bed or the hospital if I went through that. I thought Littlejohn really picked up the slack for the LB's with Olson being less than 100%.

CivilBison96
01-06-2013, 06:32 PM
Wonder if Olson has the appendix removed now or if they try and treat it and hope it doesn't flare up again in the future?

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-06-2013, 07:37 PM
Wonder if Olson has the appendix removed now or if they try and treat it and hope it doesn't flare up again in the future?

The doctors should get that sucker out of there ASAP.

stevdock
01-06-2013, 07:43 PM
Exactly Grant enjoy the win but get that thing out of there before something really bad happens. Then get healed up to do work to enjoy your senior season.

missingnumber7
01-08-2013, 12:55 AM
Brock tweeted tonite that he had it removed. Tweeted his room number.

A1pigskin
01-08-2013, 12:59 AM
How is Grant doing?

Gully
01-08-2013, 01:06 AM
He had surgery (today, I think).

unbison
01-08-2013, 01:14 AM
i think brock tweeted his room number

BisonTeacher
01-08-2013, 01:22 AM
He had surgery (today, I think).

Glad he got it taken care of.

aces1180
01-08-2013, 01:22 AM
Warrior...That is all.

GradBison
01-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Get well soon Grant.

1998braves64
01-08-2013, 05:33 PM
Posted on NDSU Teammakers website that Grant Olson had surgery...

Ooops guess it's already been sorta reported. :)

LITTLEGUYSINGREEN
01-08-2013, 05:36 PM
i think brock tweeted his room number

Oh, crap. That's not good. Lakes is gona be hanging out there for the next couple of days. :)

SamsRams
01-08-2013, 06:36 PM
I want to restate that i agree with SiouxNeil. if you think any player ever plays for the bison again, then you are stupid