PDA

View Full Version : Setting the DVR

BisonTeacher
12-31-2012, 08:23 PM
I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand. If that game goes into overtime, would they switch to the football game or move the basketball game to a different channel. During the gopher game bowl last friday night the game before it was running long so they started the gopher game on ESPN news I think...then switched back to the correct channel when the previous game finished.

Setting the DVR may prove to be a challenge. Looking at the Schedule, ESPN news is the only ESPN channel at the time that has not live games on and is running sportscenter every hour. So I recorded that as well.

Anyone know if they plan on re-airing the game later on?

Tatanka
12-31-2012, 08:25 PM
ESPN3. (not quite purple font)

tjbison
12-31-2012, 08:32 PM
I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand. If that game goes into overtime, would they switch to the football game or move the basketball game to a different channel. During the gopher game bowl last friday night the game before it was running long so they started the gopher game on ESPN news I think...then switched back to the correct channel when the previous game finished.

Setting the DVR may prove to be a challenge. Looking at the Schedule, ESPN news is the only ESPN channel at the time that has not live games on and is running sportscenter every hour. So I recorded that as well.

No way the basketball game gets cut off.....just saying

BISONBRI53
12-31-2012, 08:35 PM
How about the WDAY thing on Friday night? On the schedule it says 20/20 is on from 9-10.

Jay
12-31-2012, 08:42 PM
How about the WDAY thing on Friday night? On the schedule it says 20/20 is on from 9-10.

Mine has 'Fargo to Frisco'. I'm setting my alarm right now for Saturday... Friday is going to be a gong show.

bri-dog
12-31-2012, 08:46 PM

I did a "Smart Search" on DirecTv; you most likely did that too -- I see no replay on the schedule.

I'd hope they'd switch or interrupt the basketball game, but it doesn't help that it's two eastern teams (Pitt/Rutgers). Deny the "East Coast bias" if you want, but if anyone had ESPN GamePlan and saw all the shitty eastern teams they had on last year...

NorthernBison
12-31-2012, 08:53 PM
I did a "Smart Search" on DirecTv; you most likely did that too -- I see no replay on the schedule.

I'd hope they'd switch or interrupt the basketball game, but it doesn't help that it's two eastern teams (Pitt/Rutgers). Deny the "East Coast bias" if you want, but if anyone had ESPN GamePlan and saw all the shitty eastern teams they had on last year...

I don't remember them ever switching a game in progress to another channel. They typically start the new game on another channel and switch it over when the previous game ends.

Herd
12-31-2012, 09:24 PM
Typically, the Football game would get dropped over the ESPNU until the BB game was complete on ESPN2. Thus was the case today with MN vs. MI State basketball. You could record ESPNU at 12:00 for an hour if you want to make sure you get the start of the game.

Edit: Duke v. Wake Forest is on ESPNU 208, so it likely would be on ESPNnews, or 207 on Directv, then swithced to 209 ESPN2.

IzzyFlexion
12-31-2012, 09:41 PM
I am setting the DVR for the game on Saturday. I noticed there is a basketball game beforehand.

Don't forget about the liklihood of our game getting bumped by the Alabama State Demolition Derby Quarter-final.

Scheduling conflict with Immaculate Conception Jr. High week long basketweaving championship replay marathon.

BisonTeacher
12-31-2012, 10:39 PM
Typically, the Football game would get dropped over the ESPNU until the BB game was complete on ESPN2. Thus was the case today with MN vs. MI State basketball. You could record ESPNU at 12:00 for an hour if you want to make sure you get the start of the game.

Edit: Duke v. Wake Forest is on ESPNU 208, so it likely would be on ESPNnews, or 207 on Directv, then swithced to 209 ESPN2.

Isnt there is another basketball or football game on espnU at that time I thought I looked? The only station that didnt have a live game on was ESPN news.

Edit..I rechecked it...ESPN U has a live game on as well. If they switch it...My guess is it will be to ESPN News.

b15on
12-31-2012, 10:48 PM
There's a pregame show on kvly...true?

North Side
01-01-2013, 03:26 AM
There's a pregame show on kvly...true?
Yes there is a pre game show on KVLY! I wish ESPN would do one.

SamsRams
01-01-2013, 12:20 PM
Yes there is a pre game show on KVLY! I wish ESPN would do one.

I'm going to guess you missed the Selection Show. After that trainwreck I want espn as far away from all fcs football as possible

A1pigskin
01-01-2013, 02:21 PM
Being that this is a national championship game, you would think this would trump BB. If not, NCAA should step in and say something.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Being that this is a national championship game, you would think this would trump BB. If not, NCAA should step in and say something.

Dude.

I dont care whos playing...louisville vs iowa st...thats gonna trump an fcs national championship. Accept it.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

A1pigskin
01-01-2013, 02:29 PM
Dude.

I dont care whos playing...louisville vs iowa st...thats gonna trump an fcs national championship. Accept it.

Regardless I would still raise some hell about it.

IndyBison
01-01-2013, 03:17 PM
I assume it all has to do with contracts. I very rarely remember them leaving an existing event to go to another event when the first one runs over regardless of what the second event is. They always have alternatives but that doesn't do anything for the DVR crowd.

NorthernBison
01-01-2013, 03:19 PM
My directv guide shows Pittsburgh at Rutgers basketball from 10:00 to 12:00. They won't cut away from that if it runs long.

MNLonghorn10
01-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Regardless I would still raise some hell about it.

Good luck with that. Hell even if pitt rutgers goes to ot...i doubt espn will have a backup station ready

NorthernBison
01-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Good luck with that. Hell even if pitt rutgers goes to ot...i doubt espn will have a backup station ready

ESPN NEWS is open. Past history says they start the FCS title game there if necessary and move it to the Deuce when the basketball game ends.

Best case is the basketball game ends at 11:50.

North Side
01-01-2013, 08:15 PM
I'm going to guess you missed the Selection Show. After that trainwreck I want espn as far away from all fcs football as possible

True... but national exposure is national exposure.

NorthernBison
01-01-2013, 08:59 PM
They are NEVER going to do a pregame show for something like this game. For all practical purposes, nobody would watch it.

silkamilkamonico
01-01-2013, 09:11 PM
ESPN NEWS is open. Past history says they start the FCS title game there if necessary and move it to the Deuce when the basketball game ends.

Best case is the basketball game ends at 11:50.

2 Big East teams?

Good luck. That conference is like football games, and known for the final 5 minutes turning into a half hour. They also arent going to cut into their Big East contract for FCS football. They will show it on ESPN news or some other station though. Thank gid for direct tv so im not worried.